A Coincidence?

Jessica Reed

OOC First Name
Louise
Jessica Reed at this stage knew every item being sold in the Makutu Mall. She used to hate shopping yet that was what she found she was doing the most. It was hard when Jenny wasn't around, or even any teenagers. All the teenagers that would be in Makutu Mall would most likely be attending Hogwarts. She was still bummed out at the fact that they were only allowed out of school on certain weekends. However, she was counting the weeks until she would be a student there. She would be with Jenny again. She would be able to make friends and hopefully, would distract her from thinking about the friends she left back in Boston. In the past few weeks she had managed to get over Jackson. The boy dumped her once she told him that she was moving to New Zealand, Jess had suspected there was another girl in his mind and he was using the 'long distance' thing as an excuse for breaking up. It hurt at first but she now realized he wasn't worth her time, he was just holding her back.

Jess wore one of her typical casual outfits as she walked the street of Obsidian Harbour along with the elderly woman on their daytime rounds of chatting, tea and getting the latest Daily Prophet. Jess bit her lip awkwardly and shoved her hands into her pockets, the soft breeze carefully brushed past the strands of her chestnut hair, it kissed her pale cheeks. Jess kicked a pebble up the street for amusement, she was in no mood for shopping, in fact, for the first time, she was in the mood to talk with someone. Someone other then her brother. Other then her parents. Her brown eyes gazed at the pebble with a neutral expression on her face.

Times like this was the reason why Jacob would always get scowled at by the professors back in Drumstrang. Not only did the 15 year old stole away from the cold winter days in Europe, he had portkey halfway across the world just to enjoy the bits of summer days in New Zealand. Typically he would use his slick Jacob charm just to ease his ways out of detention, the outcome not as bad but just close enough to expelltion. Can you blame him though, dark arts weren't his thing. He still question his attendance at Drumstrang, he didn't mind it much. After all he still had his brother Jon around, just not today.

Appearing outside of Harbour point, he was so glad his father was a common ministry worker along with Lila. Besides knowing their days off, Jacob knew they would be taking a absent leave pretty soon. So he was a hundred percent sure they wouldn't be about, or his father patrolling the area as usual. Jacob would adventure pass Harbour point, heading towards the hectic streets of the Harbour, to see what may capture the young buck interest. His lean almost 5'11 structure would swift in and out of those about him. He loved being tall and at that age, he was sure to fool anyone who would question his presents here. Only a few stare because of his spiky hair duo, and the type of clothing he was wearing, usually a punk rock attire. It suited Jacob very well.

Jess continue to skillfully kick the pebble with the side of her shoe. She curved it in and out of people sucessfully and it was actually amusing her. This simple activity that would probably amuse a five year old boy. Jess could feel the eyes of the passing crowd on her but she didn't care. What else is new? she thought to herself with a playful gleam in her eyes. Jess kicked the pebble exceptionally hard this time and it went scuttering ahead and hit the foot of someone. Jess looked up quickly to see who she hit. An old person? A child? She looked at the face of the stranger. He was a boy, a tall burly boy. She didn't recognize him at first but she could feel something, a small twinge in the pit of her stomach. There was something drawing her to this boy, she couldn't tear her eyes away from him. Her eyes widened. Her lips parted. Her pace quickened.

"Jake!" She yelled as she threw her arms around the boy. There was no tone of question in her American accent. This was Jake. The boy who she swore she fell in love with. Of course, that wasn't possible at the age of nine. But at that time, he had meant the world and more to her. He was her best friend and he took off on her. She cried so many tears over him. Something Jess rarely did. Jess squeezed him tightly against her, her heart raced with this excitement. She couldn't bring herself to even question what was happening. She had trained herself to think that she would never see that young boy again. Yet, here he was. Standing in front of her. A teenager. Jess pulled herself away from him, her arms still wrapped tightly around his back, she stared at him in the face. Complete shock swept over her pale face. A wide smile spread across her lips and she laughed before burying herself in him once more.

The incoming of a pebble skidding on the side of Jacob sneakers came unexpectedly. He wasn't looking down till now as he was about to kick the pebble back to the one who had done it when he heard someone calling Jake. That's strange only one person call me...he looked up to see Jess running full speed ahead towards him. Feeling her arms flung towards his back he reacted before she did swinging his own around her petite waist. "Jess?" he question the girl at first. This couldn't be happening, the girl he had met when he was nine that year his family had stayed in Boston. The clumsy, best friend the girl he had first crush and may have love was now in his arms. Jake couldn't believe it, it seem to unreal to him. It was than when she looked back, the same old radiant light in her eyes were now familiar to him. "It is you!" he shouted as she dug into his chest, his body reaction with such joy. He swung her around holding her tight still couldn't believe she was here. "How could....I mean..how could? What? Where? When? Why?" he started to babble on like a complete idiot. Setting her down he didn't want her to faint, Jake knew his own strength. Just the fact she was standing right in front of him, made his heart rate increase within every second. He had to tell himself to calm down.

Jess squealed with delight and excitment as Jake twirled her, she held onto him tightly. She was almost afraid that if she let go, it would turn out to be some sort of dream. But when he put her down and she let go of him, he was still there. He still had that charming face. That perfect presence. Jess bit the top of her lower lip, unable to contain the smile that was about to explode onto her face. "A couple of months ago." She blurted out quickly in response to his questions, "Dad got a promotion and dragged us halfway across the world." She said with a happy laugh. New Zealand was full of surprises, first Jenny, now Jake. It all seemed to good to be true. "But I'm glad he did." She chirped happily feeling an urge to hug him again. Instead she brought her skinny hands to his face and pulled at his cheeks, "Well, you're all grown up." She said with her usual cheeky grin. Her hands rested on his cheeks before pulling them away quickly after realizing what she had just done. This was Jake, but it wasn't nine-year old Jake. This Jake was now fifteen. He could have changed. She couldn't just pull at his cheeks anymore or wrestle him to the ground anymore. However she continued to stare at him, her brown eyes dancing with joy, Jess really didn't know how much she missed him until she saw him again. She would make sure that this time, she wasn't going to let him go.

Jacob laughed as he listen to Jess family distracted move. In some ways his family was similar to hers, he just couldn't put himself to believe that they had moved to New Zealand just like his father had done. The only difference was that the Hollawarths have travel around the world many times it was when they had temporary stayed in Boston for a whole year was when Jake met Jess. It had been the hottest days of the summer in Boston, and there was very little shade that occupied the hectic city. Jake had wander off towards Common square, it was there when he first laid eyes on Jessica. She was the only child around his age to have been relaxing next to the frog pond, although while other children where screaming and running across the frog pond, inside the spacious park. They had shared many memories there along with a special one he could never forget. Jake would never forget the times he had spent with Jess they had met a lot to him even when they moved back to London.

"I could say the same thing to you." he laughed as he felt her hand slide across his cheeks, drifting back to reality after going down memory lane. She really had grown, more than he could almost call her a woman. Gushing he looked down playing as if it didn't matter she touched him that way. "Yeah dad got a job here in New Zealand, he's a ministry official. Once that happen he decided to move here." he skipped the parts of his family tragedy, he didn't want to tell her just yet. The pasting of his older brother and what happen than, and the passing of his mother. He wait a while till it was time, looking up he met her gaze once again. "Wow you have grown really well Jess." he said still holding a smirk on his facial expression.

Jess wasn't really sure how she felt at that moment in time. Of course she was estatic that she found him again, but she was also surprised, confused and a little bit angry at the boy who left without writing once. Jess watched him as he looked down at the ground after she touched him. She realized how inappropriate the whole thing was and couldn't believe her stupidity. "Seriously? My dad works in the ministry!" She said with a laugh trying to keep things normal, and yet another surprise. Jess wasn't sure if Jake's family knew her family, they might have met briefly once or twice but their friendship was more secretive. Jess used to sneak out of the house sometimes to meet up with Jake and go on one of their make believe adventures. She would get severely punished when she went home later that day but it was all worth it.

Jess smiled to herself at Jakes comment, now she felt her eyes looking at the ground. She quickly changed their direction and looked at Jake. She wasn't going to let this meeting go awkward, she wasn't going to let her feelings in the past affect their friendship now. Jess punched his stomach playfully, "Thanks." Her eyes caught his gaze and she seemed unable to pull away from them. As much as his physical appearance changed, his eyes did not. They were still strangely warm and welcoming. Jess realized that she was staring, she would really have to learn to control that. She shook her head quickly, "So...do you live in New Zealand now?" Jess asked with a hint of curiosity to her accent, she hoped he did. She hoped this wasn't just some holiday. Because she didn't think she could see him again if this was a holiday. Jess knew she would soon get attached to him and letting go of him would be too hard.

"Really, wow that's like uber weird." he grin as he recalled many times when she spoke about her family to him whenever they were out and about. "How are they doing? My guess is well since you guys moved down here." he felt himself relax a little more around her, could you tell he was highly nervous around the same girl he used to have spitting contest with? The same girl who possibly beat him at every game they ever played? He felt himself still staring at her, his slightly honey iris roam from each detail of her delicate face, he was trying to look for the same girl he had left in Boston years ago. "No problem Jess." he gave her a familiar smile, as he casually lean up against a brick shop wall.

"No I live around here, well finally dad made up his mind. After losing my mum we finally decided to just stay here." he felt one of his hand reach to the back of his neck as if he was reaching for a itch. "Tell you the truth I'm really not suppose to be here." he felt one of his eye brow raise as he seem so innocent just saying that. "Was suppose to be in Drumstrang but I sort of skip class today. What better way not to get caught by skipping half way across the world." he said holding in a laugh.

Jess shrugged her bony shoulders lazily, "Yeah, they're good. Things are pretty crazy in the house, boxes are still all over the place." She said followed by a small laugh, she rolled her hazelnut eyes playfully. Jess waited to hear that this was just was once-off holiday that Jake was on and he would in fact be returning to where he lived which would most likely be halfway across the world, knowing her luck. But to her own surprise and delight he told her that he lived nearby. Her pale face lit up and she smiled one of her signature smiles, a little croaked but it highlighted the delicate features on her face.

However it only registered what he had said after a couple of seconds, her smile disappeared and her brown eyes searched for his. "Jake, I'm so sorry to hear that." Jess said in a serious tone. She couldn't believe his mother died, Jess sometimes didn't get on with her mother but she couldn't manage life without her. It wouldn't be the same. However she guessed it happened quite a while back since he casually moved onto a much lighter subject. Jess smiled once more, "Typical." She said with another playful eye roll. "Well I am glad you skipped class today. And I'm glad I decided not to hibernate today." She said with a quirky glint in her eye. She had a date with her muggle television that she skipped out on, but this was definitely worth it. "So we can hang out regularly? Like old times?" She asked him bouncing on the balls of her feet with a feel of excitement.

Jacob let out a brief sighs after telling Jess the tragic lost that happen in his family, only to embrace her with his softest smile. He had done accepted his mother death long ago, still he held deep memories whenever he thought about her so it was easily to fall in a moment of silence whenever he did mention her. "I would love to hang out with you Jess." his facial expression lit up, his spread into a playful just thinking about hanging out with her made his day. "Well I don't usually skip out as much." he laughed the radiant gleam in his eyes never leaving after speaking of his beloved mother. "But if you have something in mind to do than maybe I should skip out more often." his mind was already racing at all the possibility they can get into, maybe even show her a few of his tricks on a broom. Last time he had showed her his ability it was only once, the memory of running into a tree had came across his face. Jacob tried not to laugh at that memory, it was embarrassment and hilarious at the same time, he hope she had forgotten by than.

Jessica mirrored Jakes expression as he told her he would love to hang out with her, she would certainly agree to that too. Jess imagined all of the things that they could do together, all the trouble they could get up to. It was about time she found someone who would help her find something fun to do around this place. Jess let out a laugh, "Well, I think you should skip out more often. I mean, c'mon whats better? Boring old History of Magic or hanging out with me?" She said and confidently pointed her thumb towards herself. Jess had a playful glint in her eyes, now that he was here with her they may aswell stir something up. It wasn't like Jess to just talk for a whole day, even though she hadn't seen Jake in years, he was no exception. Messing around with Jake was her way of catching up, besides it was a much more amusing way of catching up.

Jacob chortle into laugher, "Well there always theories of magic to look forward to." he said jokingly his hands sliding up by the hem of his sweater jacket. He got tired of standing around, so he beckon Jess towards the left were a path lead the way to a nearby esplanade. "I'm kidding honestly, just thinking about puts me to a deep slomber." he felt a wind tussle few leaves down a old willow tree, New Zealand certainly look different compare to up North. "I was hoping to transfer myself than I decided not to."he actualize, his words suppress from his thoughts were now spilling from his lips. "From Drumstrang to Salem that is...," it was self exploratory what he ment by that. He had often wondered of Jess, he was confessing the truth. "Wonder why you never got my letters." his shoulders rising simply to shrug as if it didn't really matter anymore.

Jess laughed with Jake, "I suppose...I mean it doesn't get more interesting then Theories of Magic." She said sarcastically with a smirk. Jess shoved her hands into her pockets as Jake led her into a path leading onto an esplanade. Jess' eyebrow crooked, interesting, she thought to herself playfully. Jess listened to Jake talk about transferring while looking straight ahead, the promenade almost daring her to jump. Her pace quickened so she was just a few steps ahead of Jake when she all of a sudden stopped as he mentioned his letters? She turned around slowly, "You wrote?" Her voice was filled with hope, "I...well I never got any." She said, her tone saddening. She was unable to write to Jake seeing as she didn't know the exact address that he moved to. She felt a level of annoyance rise in her as she thought about what things could have been like if she received these letters. She could have had Jake in her life all the time, all the months she spent moping around, all the years she spent missing Jake. They could have kept contact the entire time.

Jess shook her head slightly as she turned away from him, she was with him now, the past didn't matter. Jess sped up slightly as she got closer to the promenade until her pace quickened into a sprint. She stood at the edge of the pier, her heart raced mainly because she was out of breath, but also with excitement. She looked back at Jake, "C'mon Jake? You up for it?" She called to him with a playful expression resting on her face. They would probably get into trouble with the local police for jumping off the pier (it didn't look like one that was supposed to be jumped off) but that never stopped them before? It was about time that Jess and Jake did something crazy.

"Yes" Jake manage to say, reading Jess expression clearly. Without speaking a word, Jake could tell Jess was on the same page with him. The past was yesterday, the future unpredictable. What matter was...now. Still he thought of what could of happen to at least know what could had grown and become. The fact that she was here matter now, so he let those negative thoughts slip away, his light auburn iris watching Jess slightly amused. As if they never had separated all these years, he couldn't help but hold in a laugh, like old time he whispers before trailing behind her. "Ah your going to have to do better than that Jess." he gibe a little pushing ahead of her, Jake was fast. To fast sometimes, he felt himself push forward ahead on the pier.

He remembered the last time he was running, its was with a girl name Jazzy. She was to afraid to hold Jake hand, he behaved way to frivolous dashing the way he did. Just so he could show the waterfall that laid deep into the forest near his school. Another reason why they had chosen Jacob as a beater and keeper for the Alpha, crossroads sure had lost a lot when brothers were gone. "Jess! Jess!" he shouted jogging backwards now, his face showcasing his amusement, in his attempt to taunt her. The teal water by the pier didn't look as bad from were he was headed, he felt the feeble wind blow by the nape of his neck. He came to a stop as he waited for Jess to catch up, still holding that alluring smirk spread across his lip. It felt like old times.

(So sorry, things have been busy lately :erm: )
Jessica smirked to herself and peeped over her shoulder as Jake said she would have to do 'better than that', she turned her head around and pushed forward but it was not fast enough to complete with Jake. She shook her head while she laughed under her breath and ran as fast as she could to catch up with Jake who was now taunting her. She could feel her legs starting to strain a little bit as she ran up the pier, it had been a long time since she did this kind of excercise, however she didn't let it show on her face, she barely let out a small pant.

Coming to a slow stop in front of Jake she reflected his smirk. "So when did you get so fast huh?" She asked him giving his shoulders a light shove. Jess strolled around him in a circle with a menacing glint in her brown eyes. The sun bounced off of the delicate features on her face as she faced Jake once more. Jess bounced on the balls of her feet and peeped over Jake's broad shoulders to see how big of a push she would need to get him into the water. She would definitely need a strong tackle, especially now that Jake was 'Mr. Action Man'. Jess raised one of her eyebrows in a playful sultrily way and said, "I hope you realize whats coming to you?" She quickly wrapped her arms around his waist and pushed him closer and closer to the edge, she didn't keep track of how near she was to the edge of the pier, she was just concentrating on pushing him off before he did it to her.

Jake bit the bottom of his crimson lips, still trying his best to hold in that laughter his lips pursing because he was fighting it in. He focus on every move she made, her steps peddling against the pier wood, as she round his silhouette form till she finally face him. "Oh really?." he dare test her waters just to see how far she would go. He even let half his weight roll on to the ball of his feet so that she could successfully push him. He was counting and focusing on every push he had endure so far, wasn't much yet the fall wasn't so far away. In a slipt second Jake knew he would be taking in the ice brisk water, that were so tempting to invite the two adolescent who were frolicking, possibly in forbidden territory. "See I see it like this." he round his strong torso around Jess petite waist with a light grip enough to pull her in. "If I go in your coming with me." his playful stare meeting hers. He still couldn't believe he was playing with the same girl he knew years ago. It was hard to convince this was actually happening, and not in illusion as some would come to a conclusion if the past ever did stop by in your current future. "Ready Jess?"

[Its okay been on and off :p Will be busy after January.]

Jess felt her self laughing when he wrapped his body around her and spoke to her in a playful tone, she was glad he didn't change. If she had found Jake a completely changed person it would break her heart. Jess raised one of her eyebrows once more as she stared into his deep brown eyes, "Ready as I'll ever be." She said in a challenging tone. Jess looked over her shoulder to see how close they were to the edge of the pier. She turned back to the handsome face of Jake and smirked, Jess slid out of Jakes arms, she was going in first. Jessica Reed wasn't someone to wait and watch, watching someone ruined the fun of it.

Jess quickly took off her hoodie and trainers and with one quick glance at Jake she dived off the pier with a run. Jess felt the cool air brush past her pale cheeks, the sheer thrill of the jump buzzed around her body. It made her realize how long it was since she did something like this. Then, hitting the cold water, it seeped through her clothes her hair and water filled her ears. Jess opened her eyes under the clear water, taking in the sheer beauty of the ocean before returning to the surface for air. She shook her head ferociously a few times before looking back at Jake, "Dude are you coming in or what?" She teased.

Jake stood astonish for words, he couldn't believe Jess had actually jumped off the unsteady pier. She was certainly a lot courageous than before and now the tables had shift. She was taunting Jacob, making her words seem so innocent. 'Dude are your coming or what?' He had to look back just to see if she was really talking to him that way. He was so full of it sometimes, it was his brother who had to remind him once in a while to stop being cockeyed. "Nah." he replied watching her with little less amusement. "I think I'll take a rain check. See you around Jess." he turn on his heel and made it seem like he really was about to leave. He waited till he was at the end of the pier, when he halt looking back knowing she be watching him. Kicking off his knickers, stripping off his jacket he made a quick fluent dash. He felt the pier woods buckle as he ran till he leap into the air, and jump into the shattering cold body of water. It surrounded his form quickly as he engulf huge amount of water, only to resurface for a breath of air. Once he could see lucid, his eyes adjusted wide open he saw Jess swimming near him. "Well Jess?" he laugh and grab for her arm as he pulled her down playfully, to release just in time as bubble erupted. "Come on Jess? Come on Jess?" he swam around her, now it was his turn once again, but while he was doing so he couldn't help but stare at her from in angle. Times sure did change, yet beauty has capture her greatly. Jake had to look away and grin, he didn't want to seem like he was staring so much at her today, can she tell anyways?

Jess couldn't stop her jaw from dropping as Jake turned around to leave her. In the freezing water! Jess looked around her as she threaded the water. He didn't just leave? He wouldn't... "Ja-" Jess began, before seeing the well-built teenager dive into the water beside her. Jess felt a wave of relief wash over her, no wait, an actual wave, Jake pulled her down roughly beneath the cold water. Jess held her breath quickly and her pretty face scrunched up funnily out of the pure shock of the water completely enveloping her once more. Jess released her tightly scrunched face so it resumed to its normal appearance and opened her eyes wide, allowing the water to sting them a little. She then quickly kicked her legs and resurfaced with a gasp. "You!" She said laughing and pointed her skinny forefinger at him. "You're dead." Jess spat out the remaining sea water that was still in her mouth. She watched Jake circle her, her beautiful brown eyes watching him all the time, watching his every movement, that childish grin, his familiar eyes and of course the Jake she had yet to learn about. It was all in his stupidly handsome face. Jess grinned as Jake looked away, it was a perfect oppurtunity. Jess slammed her hands down on his the top of his head, forcefully pushing him into the water. Jess held her hands on his wet hair for a couple of seconds before quickly releasing him. The only thing left to do was swim away. She knew Jake would get revenge.

Jacob felt himself go down under due to the lack of gravity inside the ocean. His eyes were shot open, and his lips slightly parted as he engulf a bit of ocean water, while he had seem to have been struggling underneath Jess. He was already plotting on what he would do next, without resurfacing, he laid limp. His eyes closing slowly, little air bubbles would makes its way to the surface but no Jake. He felt himself float down as he fight in to hold his breath, it was a trick he learn years ago. One of his mother's brother, Jake uncle once dropped Jake in the ocean on one of their visit to Puerto Rico. Everyone had panic, because he was only a toddler when this happen, the little boy had slip down to the bottom of the ocean, which was his uncle height standing up. How Jake had manage to survive without any use of magic, was a miracle. His uncle had retrieve him after couple of minutes being under, Jake was fine as if nothing ever happen. Jake waited till Jess had notice him, and when she did, his plan was to jump out and break into surface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back