1, 2, 3, Jump!

Leia Evans

OOC First Name
Elphaba
Wand
Myrtle Wand, 15 1/2", Tail of Charmed Newt
Leia had been at Hogwarts for about two weeks now and ever since she first saw the lake, she had wanted nothing else but to jump right into it, of course. After she had asked her friend, well she hoped she could call him that, Sam Prince on whether it was allowed or not, and she had seen a few others jump into it, Leia decided it was okay to do so. She had considered inviting Oscar or Emma to join her, but she remembered back when she and Oscar met on the beach and how long it took for her to coax him into the water, just for the two of them to get right back out and build a sandcastle, so instead Leia sent an owl up the tower to another Ravenclaw she called a friend but still hadn't seen after the Sorting ceremony. Noah Esquire.

Leia had on a white cotton sundress and a pair of strappy sandals as she walked over to the lakefront, a large daisy braided into her hair as usual. She saw a large tree beside the lakefront, its branches hanging well over the water so the Hufflepuff girl decided to climb it. She might've looked a little silly, wearing a dress and all, but it didn't take long for her to reach the top of the tree, carefully crawling her way over to the largest branch that hung over the water. Her legs swung on both sides freely, her sandals safely strapped around her feet and now all she had to do was wait for her friend to show up.

Although Noah had been at Hogwarts for about two weeks, he still felt very new to it all. He hadn't really made any friends, and he hadn't done much exploring. It was all getting a bit lonely and boring to be honest. So when he was sitting in the Common Room reading one sunny day, Noah was very happy to see an owl come swooping through the window. Tied to it's leg was a note, inviting him to hang out by the lake. Flipping it over, he smiled to find that it was from Leia Evans. She was a girl he'd met before school had started, and Noah thought she was really cool.

Not wanting to be late, he quickly changed into a plaid shirt and skinny jeans. Making his way down the many steps, Noah hummed a random song, wondering if Leia had invited him for anything in particular, or just to hang out. Pushing through the large wooden doors and stepping into the sunlight, he pulled on some sunglasses. Noah hadn't been outdoors as much as he would have liked, so today would be a good opportunity. He was getting a bit pale(r) too.

As he saw saw who he thought was Leia sitting up in a tree, Noah started walking faster towards her, giving a small wave. Reaching the tree, he smiled up at her. "You called, milady?" he laughed, climbing up onto the tree. Noah made his way carefully along the branch Leia was sitting on, so that he was high above the water. "Leia, how've you been! Haven't seen you in ages," he smiled again as he sat next to her, hoping he didn't sound creepy or stalkerish.

Leia had been swinging her legs happily on the branch as she waited for her friend to arrive. After a few minutes, Leia carefully took off her sandals and threw them out and away from the lake, now barefoot. As soon as she saw Noah approaching she waved happily to him. She liked the fact that she didn't even have to ask him to climb up and join her as he was already doing, giggling at the way he had addressed her. "Noah!!" she squealed in excitement, happy to finally see him again. "I've been just good," she said happily, her legs swinging faster, "what about you?" she asked in return, nodding her head in agreement with his statement that they hadn't seen each other in ages. "Did you ever manage to sneak your dog in?" she half-whispered secretively, even though they were high up in a tree.

Noah smiled brightly when Leia looked pleased to see him. Since he was pretty much alone, it was a joy to see a friend. Especially one so nice and inviting. Her smile was infectious, rubbing off on him immediately. These were the type of people Noah wanted to surround himself with. Unfortunately, there were quite a few people here who had the opposite effect, but that was to be expected. Of course not everyone could be as awesome as her.

"That's good," Noah smiled, when Leia told him she'd been good. She was such a nice person, that it would be upsetting to see her upset. "And yeah, I've been okay. Haven't really made that many friends, because I've been busy with school and stuff. It'll get better once I'm settled in though," he said with a small smile. "No, not yet," he laughed, when Leia asked him if he'd brought his dog, Jimi, to Hogwarts. "He's at my cousin's house for now, but I might bring him next term or something. What about Shadow?" Noah asked, his eyes sincere in his questioning.

It wasn't like Leia to be so jumpy and energetic, but seeing Noah now after she hadn't seen him in a while made the Hufflepuff girl jumpy with excitement. Her legs, one hanging on each side of the branch as she faced towards Noah were swinging away happily as she replied, "The same here, I haven't made many other friends apart from the ones I met before school started," she said, not that there were many. Her mind wandered over to Sam and Kaleb, but didn't know whether to consider them friends or not so didn't bring it up. They may not be my friends yet, she thought positively.

Leia frowned slightly when Noah said he couldn't bring his dog Jimi and "Aww"ed, but also shook her head no when he asked about Shadow. She smiled at the fact that he remembered her beloved dog's name, since it showed that he cared, or at least listened well. "No, he's at my dad's house," she replied sadly. "If you figure out a way to sneak Jimi in, let me know," Leia said with a slight mischievous look on her face. Two dogs at the castle couldn't be found right? It shouldn't be a big deal. Leia fidgeted restlessly in the tree branch unnoticeably and it just dawned on her than she and Noah were 'sitting in a tree.' Leia quickly continued the rest of the annoying song in her mind because if she didn't at least get it out of her system, mentally, then she'd eventually burst it out aloud, which was not what she wanted to do. "Your cousin goes here right?" she asked, trying to remember their conversation when they first met, while at the same time swinging one of her legs over so that both legs were on one side of the branch now, 'side saddle' is what they called it on horses.

Noah listened, as Leia talked about not having many friends apart from the ones before school had started. He nodded and smiled a bit, and pushed his sunglasses up onto his head. "Ha, I will, trust me," Noah laughed, when Leia said to tell her if he had any ideas. At the moment he had nothing good, but was toying with a few things. All of them seemed pretty unrealistic, however, so maybe the best thing to do would just be to talk to the Headmaster, asking for special permission. If they did that, then surely Shadow and Jimi would be allowed at Hogwarts. I mean, who would say no to two cute puppies?

He nodded again when Leia asked about his cousin, Vivienne. "Yeah she does, she's a Hufflepuff like you." Noah smiled, wondering if the two had met. Probably not, since she asked instead of acknowledged. They would probably be quite good friends, he thought. But then again, VJ tries to be friends with everyone, and Leia seems as though she would do that naturally. I mean, who wouldn't want to be her friend? Noah smiled to himself.

(( -_- Sorry for lameness, I am so stuck for ideas right now :doh: ))

Leia smiled happily when he said she was a Hufflepuff. "Cool!" she replied excitedly, thinking she'd eventually meet her. She knew she hadn't yet met her because the only girls she had talked to were her best friend Emma and her roommate Dannii. I wonder if once I meet her I'll immediately know if it's Noah's cousin? I hope so, Leia thought brightly. She didn't even want to ask him for her name because she saw it as a sort of challenge, to figure out who his cousin was without any help.

Unable to sit still for some odd reason, Leia stood up and balanced her bare feet on the branch, glad that it was strong enough to support them. She held her hands up, holding on to the branch above her for support. She looked down at Noah and voiced her thoughts about his cousin. "I'm gonna figure out who your cousin is without any help," she stated matter-of-factly with a bright, playful grin on her face as she began walking slowly across the branch for fun. She was teetering on the edge but before she slipped she managed to stop herself by holding on tighter to the top branch and walking back to the thicker part of the branch.

As they were sitting on the branch, Noah felt movement beside him, but continued to look out over the lake. As he finally turned his head, Noah looked up to see Leia teetering over the water, close to falling in. "Be careful, it's a long way down.." he said, probably a bit too protectively, before deciding to stand up as well. Throwing his shoes over onto the bank, Noah found a branch above his head, and quickly jumped up so that his hands were around it. Making his way a few steps along, the branch swayed, causing his weight to move onto one side. That leg swung out over the water, teetering far out. "Woooahh," he laughed, bringing his leg back in just in time. "Hmm.. We'll see, we'll see," Noah teased, when Leia said she could find Vivienne without any help.

Leia saw Noah join her in balancing on the tree branch and she smiled happily as she continued to point her toes and balance on the branch, as if it were a balance beam. Leia had been in ballet and gymnastics all her life, what else was there to do for a kid in New York?, so she was pretty skilled at balancing herself. When Noah told her to be careful she giggled when he seemed it bit protective of her and devious idea popped into her mind. She saw Noah teetering over the edge too and gasped lightly but in excitement. "Don't worry, I bet I can figure it out," she stated once again, before letting go of her support branch above her head and seemingly slipping off the branch.

"Woah!!" she yelled, trying to regain her balance but a second later, her entire body was being pulled forward by gravity and she was tumbling down into the water. A few seconds later she felt her entire body being submerged in the chilly water. She opened up her brown eyes underwater, blinking away the stinging, and she grinned mischievously, happy that her fall had seemed accidental. She threw her hands up over her, feeling the cold wind blow against them so she kicked herself up to the surface and gasped for air, looking up at the tree to see if Noah was still up there.

Noah was moving up and down the branch, laughing lightly when Leia said she'd figure it out. Just then, out of the corner of his eye, Noah saw his friend slip off the branch. He turned quickly, jumping that direction. He flung his arm out, trying to grab her hand. "Leia!" he said loudly, sort of a half-shriek. However, Noah was a second too late, and he just grabbed the air. He watched as she tumbled through the air, his jaw dropping. Looking down into the water, he couldn't see her come up for air. "Oh my gosh, Leia!" he yelled again.

Letting go of the branch above him, Noah tried to dive in after her. Unfortunately, the whole thing had taken him off-guard, so instead he jumped/fell awkwardly in the water below. Spluttering, he broke through the surface, pleased to find Leia safe and well. Noah's jeans were weighing him down a bit, so to stay above water, he had to do an odd doggy paddle. "Gosh, you scared me!" he laughed, trying to push his now wet fringe out of his eyes.

Leia was looking up at the tree in search of Noah when suddenly he emerged from the water not too far from her. She began giggling as he said she scared him and replied, "I'm sorry Noah!" and flashed a smile at him as if to convince him to forgive her. Now that her white cotton dress was soaked with water, her dark grey bathing suit was suddenly very visible. This totally gave away that she had planned to jump in the water at some point, though perhaps scaring Noah in with her wasn't the best idea, since he was still wearing his clothes. She giggled and said, "I'm sorry!" once more before asking, "You can swim right?" a bit of concern in her voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back