Very little flying and a lot of talking

"I understand Asher," Nina said quietly.

"I don't know are we?" Nina asked softly still looking down.

Nina smiled weakly but didn't say anything she figured her expression would say it all.

Asher grinned wider. "I missed you Nina. I know that sounds really cheesy, but I did."

Nina looked up at Asher and smiled and said, "I missed you too Asher."

All of the apprehension in Asher's eyes faded and her smile was bright and genuine. "So, tell me what you thought of the task. I mean, I saw it, but what was it like for you?"

"It was absolutly terrifying, especially when I lost my wand, holy geez pixies are a pain in the arse," Nina replied and said, "I sorta wish I had paid more attention in COMC."

"I can't stand COMC. I don't blame you for not paying attention. But that would have been very scary. I don't know what I'd do without my wand." Asher shuddered.

"I sort of need to, you know herbology, potions and COMC sort of go hand in hand," Nina said with a small smile.

"That is true. I'm glad I'm looking more into defensive positions. That is unless I somehow discover that I have the power of sight." Asher said, making a dramatic motion with her hands to look like a cheesy psychic. She burst out laughing, even though there was a slim chance, with the lack of knowledge of her family, that she had some gift of Sight.

Nina chuckled with her and said, "Oh great Gyspy tell me my future." Nina chuckled at her bad joke.

Asher giggled. "I should try tarot readings on you. All the ones I've done so far have been pretty accurate..."

"Oh I have some good new!" Nina said excitedly and tried to wait for Asher to guess but couldn't wait any longer, "Alex asked me to the ball!" Nina cried joyfully.

Asher smiled brightly. "Really?! Oh Nina, thats wonderful!!"

Nina grinned and her eyes danced with excitement forgetting what she had wanted to do this christmas break, Nina said with a bright smile, "Yeah, I can't wait."

Asher wrapped Nina in a hug. "I'm so happy for you! Does this mean your Christmas plans have changed...?" Asher asked hopefully.

"I....I don't know?" Nina said honestly, she hoped the ball would go well enough that her plans changed dramatically.

"Well, the invitation still stands to spend the break with us in Scotland." Asher smiled. "Oh! Speaking of the holidays! I really need your help deciding on a gift for Noah..."

Nina smiled and said, "Thanks, I think I will see what Alex is doing and make my desicion from there, I haven't seen Ashley or Ferne in a while so I guess that would be good... I'm not sure yet."

"Hmm gift for Noah, anything to do with Quidditch I am sure he would be pleased with but that is more something I would give him, you know being an aquantence and all..." Nina said then trailed off.

Asher nodded. "I want to give him something special...Something that comes from my heart."

"I'm sure you'll find something," Nina said with a smile.

Asher nodded. "I'm not used to buying gifts for Christmas...I never have before...I want them to be perfect."

"You'll find something great, you know it, if you want, we can go together, I mean I have been looking for something for a few of my friends and Alex, but no luck," Nina said with an awkward smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back