Sitting after Game

"He's not exactly a man," Estrella tried to explain, chuckling. "The books kept hinting at that he was a hobbit, though it never said for certain." She giggled, shaking her head. "You know what? When we go to my uncle's for Christmas break, I'm going to have to show you the best muggle movies out there." She flashed him a grin. "Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean..." She trailed off dreamily; she had not seen a movie in so long. "Erm, the works. There's lots more."

"Gee..we're going to be very busy at your uncles house." he laughed and smiled at Estrella, "All of this muggle stuff...I'm going to make a major arse of myself.." Kale said trailing off; going into the muggle world was something that he was looking forward to, he couldn't lie though...Kale was terrified to see what the break had in store for him.

Estrella grinned. "Yeah, you have a lot to learn," she laughed. "But the good thing is, muggles are simple. At least, I think so." She beamed, hugging him tightly. "I'm so glad you're going with me; it's going to be awkward enough being back there." It was true, she hadn't been to her uncle's house in well over a year, and that was with Liz. She kissed Kale lightly on the cheek, her eyes twinkling.

Kale smiled at Estrella, "I think we're going to have a great time at your uncles either way." he said grabbing for her hand and lacing fingers, "It's going to definitely be a change, does your cousin still live with Carlisle?" he asked recalling her speaking of him before, but not exactly sure of his age.

"Yeah," Estrella replied, smirking. "Lucas is only a year older than me; it's been like having an older brother all my life." She laughed. "Thomas is only about three, so he's a cutie and a monster at the same time." She laughed. "And definitely not as well mannered as Mindy."

"You think Mindy is well mannered?" Kale said with a smirk and nearly laughed, "He'll definitely be an interesting character to come in contact with then." he laughed and smiled widely at Estrella, pulling her closer toward him, Kale gave her a kiss on the cheek and smiled; nothing could ruin his good attitude these past couple of days. "Its going to be awesome."

"I agree wholeheartedly," Estrella replied, laughing. "Oh, I'm so glad term is almost over; it'll be nice to get a break for once." She grinned warmly, wrapping her arms around Kale and giving him a tight hug. "I'm just trying to think of what we're going to do over break! There's so much!" She started to rant, "Going to the movies, shopping, hanging out with Carlisle, maybe going up to the cabin." Realizing that she ranted, she snapped her mouth shut quickly, kissing Kale on the cheek and grinning broadly.

"We're definitely going to be busy." he laughed and gave her a smile, he wrapped his arm around her and smiled. "You guys have a cabin?" Kale inquired, he cocked his head to the side with interest. He laughed when he noticed her snap her mouth shut; as if thinking she was talking too much, "No, go on!" Kale smiled at her, returning a kiss to the cheek and grinned.

"Yeah, Carlisle lives in the South of Minnesota," Estrella explained, "But Carlisle bought a cabin up North a while ago. We would always go there for vacations." She shrugged, grinning and happy inside that Kale was interested. "It might be winter, but maybe I can convince him to take us up there for a day or two. It's really pretty." Her eyes glazed over a bit as she thought of her previous home; what was she going to lose? Mostly everything. She didn't know how her life was going to go anymore, but she shook it off, deciding that when the time came, she would deal with what was thrown her way.

She grinned back at Kale after a moment of silence. "Yeah," was all she managed to say, and she immediately felt like an idiot. But that was the nice thing with Kale; she could make as big an idiot out of herself as she wanted around him. At least, she thought so.

Kale smiled at Estrella, "That sounds awesome" he said, she then seemed a bit out of herself for a moment...he didn't know whether or not she actually wanted to talk about it, but Kale looked at her for a moment and gave her a weak smile, "Is everything okay?" he inquired, hugging her tightly.

"I'm fine," Estrella replied, trying to give Kale a bigger smile so as to reinforce her statement that she was okay. She squeezed him back tightly, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "I'm so glad term is almost over!" she said excitedly, pulling back. "It's going to be awesome to get a break."

Estrellas smiles always were convincing, he decided to just believe what she said...if it was that big of deal she would come out about it another time. "Okay, well, if you need to talk about something I'm here." he said with a sincere smile, Kale said up straighter with his back up against the tree, "Yeah, a break is much needed...I'm almost caught up with my classes." Kale rolled his eyes.

"Thanks," Estrella said quietly, squeezing Kale's midsection tightly and leaning up against the tree. She pulled a strand of hair out of her eye and behind her ear, regretting that she was going to lose the light, sun bleached brown of her hair. She almost missed the blonde tint of her hair over the winter, even though it was a weird thing to obsess about.

"Classes have been a pain, I agree," Estrella replied, nodding her head. "I never get enough sleep anymore." She grinned, closing her eyes as if she were going to fall asleep, although she was just joking.

"You're welcome, anytime, really." he said honestly. Kale smiled, it was nice to sit around and do nothing for a change; even though the quidditch game was cancelled he was beginning to not care anymore. He laughed quietly at Estrella as she acted as if she were falling asleep, "Well, you can use my shoulder as a pillow if you like." he said jokingly poking her nose.

"Ow!" Estrella yelped in mock pain, clutching her nose. "Oh no! My nose is going to fall off! It's like Michael Jackson all over again!" Unable to contain an air of seriousness, however, she was sure that Kale would have no idea who she was talking about, and burst out in laughter, clutching her gut.

Kale looked at Estrella with a perplexed expression, then suddenly laughed, "Wait!...isn't that guy a muggle dancer or something?" he inquired, hoping that he wasn't making a fool of himself mistaking him of someone else.

Estrella's eyebrows widened in surprise that Kale had known who Michael Jackson was. "Well, sort of," she said, grinning sheepishly. "I'll show you a picture of him when I get the chance. It's enough to give any little child nightmares." She roared in laughter. "But yes, he is a good dancer. One of the best muggle singers, range wise, although I don't care much for his music." She laughed again, grinning back at Kale.

Kale was surprised that he actually knew of something that she was talking about and couldn't hold back laughter. "My brother Lee would always make up stories as if he were the boogey man to me..he could dance like him too, even though I've never seen this Michael Jackson dance." he shook his head with laughter and grinned widely at Estrella.

Estrella clutched her gut in laughter. "That would be hilarious! Is this one of the brother's I'll get to meet over break?" Tears were pouring out of her eyes now. "Michael Jackson is kind of the boogey man... at least, his face is scary enough." She giggled. "But, he is a good dancer."

She grinned, wrapping her arms around Kale. "You surprise me, Kale Thomas. What else do you know of the muggle world?"

Kale smiled at Estrella, "Well, when we stop by for break I'll have him demonstrate...I haven't seen Roger in a year or two now." he shrugged, trying to make it look like it wasn't a big deal; even though he really did care.

At Estrellas question, he pondered for a few moments in silence, he wasn't really sure what muggles did for fun, for he'd never real talked to a real muggle. "What do muggles do for fun, really?" he inquired while scratching his chin.

"That's a good question," Estrella replied, laughing, "Actually, so many things that you can't describe. They go to movies, they do every sport imaginable, they go mountain climbing, they play video games, they build miniature models... The list goes on and on." She grinned. "For not having magic, they sure know how to entertain themselves."

Kale listened intently when Estrella was explaining activities muggles enjoyed doing, it really seemed to fascinate him. With a smile he looked at her, "Miniature models?" he questioned after her, hoping that she would explain. "I will definitely want to try out video games." Kale said while picking at the green grass beside him and lying it in a small pile.

Estrella rolled her eyes, laughing, "Most boys do. My cousin Luke has like a gazillion of them. I think you two will get along well." She smiled, poking Kale in the side.

Kale was interested in meeting Estrella's cousin, he seemed to be someone that she talked about frequently as of late, "Does he? That sounds cool. I think it will be cool to finally meet him." he said sincerely, "I really haven't played them myself, but I've heard other people speak of them and they sound worthwhile." Kale laughed and twitched to the side as she poked him in the ribs, "Now you there, don't go starting all over again!" he warned shaking his finger at her. "Contain yourself Miss Drage!" Kale tried to keep a stern look on his face but failed. "Its going to be weird not using magic down at your uncles." he said thinking of the period of time they wouldn't be able to use their wands.

"I know," Estrella laughed, "It was odd not using magic as a kid, either."

She smirked. "Contain myself?" she snorted, poking Kale in the side once more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back