Sitting after Game

Kale tried his best to keep a straight face and act as if her poking didn't affect him, he twitched slightly and looked straight at her. "You heard m--" her snort caught him off guard and he smiled widely and shook his head. "You get a free poke for that!" Kale said with a goofy laugh and smile to match. He couldn't resist himself, he poked her nose and gave her a look as if he were challenging her.

Estrella's jaw hung open in mock surprise, and she poked him back in the side. "It's on!" she exclaimed, laughing at the way she had stopped him in midsentence. She looked back at him challengingly, grinning broadly.

"I've realized that this happens quite frequently." Kale stated in a matter of fact like tone, he flinched when she poked him and returned the poke to her side.

"Yes," Estrella said, raising her eyebrow, "But we never seem to have a champion." She grinned mischieviously. "Shall our days be poked away, then?" She laughed, knowing that she sounded odd, showing her teeth. God, I hope I don't have something in them. Now that would be embarassing.

Kale smiled at Estrella as she smiled widely at him, he loved her smile. "Well, I suppose your correct..but we both know I'm going to win!" he stated with a sense of mock cockiness in his voice.

"Getting a bit big headed, aren't we? That's a lie!" Estrella gasped mockingly, and added, "Well, I guess only time will tell." She wrapped her arms around Kale, hugging him tightly. "I'm so excited for the Yule Ball!" She had found the perfect dress, too.

Kale winked at Estrella playfully, "Just a little." he said jokingly with a smirk.
"Me too, its going to be fun. Even though..I'm not a very good dance." Kale admitted with a goofy smile, he was telling the truth, he could never take himself seruiously when he tried to 'busta move'.

Estrella snorted. "I can't dance too well either, so we'll be perfect for each other!" she replied, laughing, her expression bright and happy. Kale made her so much happier.

Smiling wider than ever he looked at Estrella, he was quiet for a moment and a strange, awkward noise escaped his mouth. Strangely, he began to feel his heart beating in his throat and his palms starting to sweat.

Why was he feeling like this?

For some reason, this girl had the gift of completely freaking him out, he cared about her more than anything and he didn't really know how to show it. It scared him that he cared about someone so much that wasn't related to him, and would do anything for her.

Kale looked to Estrella, starting out slow, "I lov--gotta go!" Kale blurted out the end of his sentence blinkingly and shot up to his feet; scurrying to his broom on the grass. He felt uneasy as he picked up his broom and strapped his bookbag around his shoulder quickly, he didn't look back as he walked away very quickly from Estrella. Oh! Merlin, what the hell did I just do?! he screamed inside, I just made the biggest ass out of myself! Kale exhaled deeply, still confused on what he had just done. "Ohh, boyy..." he said to himself quietly while clapping his palm to his forehead.

(Ohh, and btw...HAPPY BIRTHDAY<i></i>!)

Estrella raised her eyebrow at Kale, wondering what was freaking him out. An awkward noise had escaped his mouth, and she didn't know what to do. She just sat there, staring at him, wondering what in the heck was going on. Did I say something wrong? she thought, instantly worrying.

"Kale, what-" she exclaimed, her expression turning to a frown as he suddenly shot up from where he was sitting, seeming to run away from her. She didn't yell after him, however, wondering what the heck was going on. Is he angry at me?

Getting up finally, tears brimming in her eyes, she refused to let them fall as she looked after Kale. What was this supposed to mean?

((Thank you, thank you... even though you ran off on me! :p lol))

(well, you ran away from me! :o )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back