Lunch for one.

Patrick looked at her, he felt honoured that she had allowed me to sit with her let alone talk to her. He couldn't empathise at all and he really didn't think she would welcome his sympathy.
She was a beautiful woman - strong yet there were chinks in her armour.
"I am sorry for your loss and your son's loss", he told her, "Thank you!"
He said simply. There was nothing else he could say to her revelation. He smiled gently at her, "Do you mind me asking why your son didn't come here? Where you are?"
He could have kicked himself for asking her - she would probably get up and walk away now!
"You don't have to answer that, sometimes my mouth speaks without any help from my brain!"

"No, it's okay. I know it seems strange to have him so far away when I work at a school he could easily go to." Freya thought for a moment. "Well...my husband was killed by a death eater and my belief was that I might be a target so felt it was safer to have him either at home in Norway or at a different school." Freya smiled at the gentleman again, "But that has all changed now as I understand the man who killed my husband has met his own tragic end." Freya looked directly at the man with confidence in her eyes.

Patrick looked into her eyes, he thought he could happily sit here staring into them all day. If a man wasn't careful he could lose himself there. He pulled himself together and looked away to gather his own thoughts.
"Does that mean that N..Njo..Njord - I hope I pronounced it right. Does that mean he will be coming here at some point then?" he smiled. He admired any person who was rearing a child on their own, it couldn't be easy.

Freya pulled out the letter she had received earlier and held it up. "Well I thought he might join me but from this letter I received today from him I don't think so. At least not this year. He seems to be doing well and is having fun and I wouldn't want to disrupt him right now. It's been hard growing up with out a father and I just want him to be happy." Freya tucked the letter back in her robes. She gazed around the Great Hall and realized that the lunch hour was almost up. "Oh my, it seems I've talked your ear off...Patrick. I really must be going, I have some papers to grade before my next class." She stood up and extended her hand. "It was a pleasure dinning with you this afternoon. I do hope we can do it again sometime." She added with a smile.

Patrick smiled, stood up and shook her hand. He didn't have the 'balls' to kiss her hand, he didn't even know if people still did that.
"I hope we can as well. It's been a pleasure Freya!" he smiled.

Freya nodded to the gentleman. "The pleasure was all mine." she exclaimed and took her leave. With a swish of her robes she crossed the Great Hall and looked back at Patrick. With a smile she passed through the doors to complete the rest of her day.

He smiled and watched her go.
'Now there was a woman who liked to get the last word in!' he thought to himself.
he took one last look at his cold lunch and frowned. Patrick could honestly say he wasn't very hungry anymore. He stood up and decided to return to the hospital wing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back