Ford's rock

Ford Harkonnen

Wand
It's made of wood, I suppose
Ford returned to his rock on the edge of the lake. He set down his bag, but didn't take any books out. He had practiced a new charm last night. He looked around and found a few sticks and sat them on the rock next to him. He picked on up and snapped it in half.

"Reparo!" He said with his wand pointed at the stick, and the stick reformed into one in a flash of green sparks.

Maddiie watched as Ford practice his magic. H e was pretty good but thats not why she was here.

"So I heard" Maddiie question him.

"So you heard what?" He gave Maddiie a piercing stare.

" I hear you lie about liking somone, and dont you snap at me" maddiie looked at Ford feriousley

((ooc: You wouldn't actually know that, unless your character was in the library. By all means, you can post in the library saying you observed the conversation, and then we'll be good.))

((( I know I just didnt want to interrupt, but i post anyways)))

"I do like her," he said coldly, "Just not in the way I thought." He stood up and pocketed his wand. "I'd also prefer to talk to her, not her friends."

"Liar, you like somone else "Maddiie stood up

"Yeah, I never said I didn't," Ford gave an exasperated sighed, "I just want to talk to her about it, not argue with her friends."

"You know I promise myself I would'nt be so judgemental, but I guess I was wrong about Slytherin, they act the same in some ways"

"I'm fairly certain this is, how you say, a 'boy thing' more than a Slytherin thing," Ford sighed again and sat back down on his rock, "You can stay if you'd like, but I'm just going to be sitting here for a bit."

Maddiie fussed a bit about staying.

Maddiie sat down tryning not to look up.

Sophia strolled down by the lake, looking for Ford. He had invited her down, and here she was. She spotted him, and noticed that Maddiie was with him. Sophia had talked with Maddiie once, but she was in a bit of a slum at that point. She was no longer in that slum, and a bit unsure of approaching the two. She decided she would, and she did. She walked up to Ford and Maddiie, her school bag full of books in tow. She looked at Ford, a hint of a smile on her lips. "Hello Ford." The smile disappeared as she turned her gaze to Maddiie. "Maddie. What are you two up to?"

"Nothing just watching him practice" maddiie looked confused a bit.

"Waiting for the girl to come down here," for said offhandedly. He turned to look at Sophia, "At least she's stopped harassing me." He nodded towards Maddiie.

" I should leave than , let me not be so nosey"

Maddiie got up and walked away. Superised the way Sophia had looked at her she went along her way. She don't want to be part of this anymore. If somone get hurts at least it was'nt me she thought to herself.

Sophia was a bit surprised at how Maddiie exited. Sophia did not dislike her, but they were not friends. Deciding to move on, Sophia walked over to where Ford was sitting and sat beside him, flipping her long, shiny black hair over her shoulder. She took out her book, Olde and Forgotten Bewitchments and Charmes, setting it down before both of them. "So, what have you been practicing so far?"

"I was messing with 'reparo' until she got here," Ford cocked his head towards Maddiie. He pointed his wand at a broken stick on the rock, "Reparo!" The stick reformed in a shower of green sparks. He looked towards the book she pulled out, "I've got that one too. I found a variant of 'wingardium leviosa' that allows you to fly things through the air, instead of merely having them float."

Sophia picked up a small stick and broke it. She set it on the ground and pointed her wand at it. "Reparo!" The stick instantly mended itself in the same shower of green sparks. Pleased with herself, Sophia turned to Ford, a slight smile on her face. "So what is this charm you speak of?"

"Well, no, here's a better one. A color-flash charm," he pointed to a page in the book, let's try it.

He pointed his wand an unbroken stick, "Coloratus coruscus!" The stick began flashing through all sorts of colors in the spectrum. Blues, greens, and purples.

Sophia watched the stick change colors with interest. "It's not very useful, but still enjoyable." She found a leaf on the ground and pointed her wand at it. "Coloratus Coruscus!." Just like the stick, the leaf began flashing many different colors.

"Definitely not the most useful spell in the world, but highly amusing nonetheless," Ford began flipping through pages of the book to find something else, a little more complicated.

Sophia was unsure how to make the leaf stop changing colors. She wondered if it said in the book? Before consulting her book though, she decided to try something first. She flicked her wand at it in the same manner in which she had flicked it to do the spell in the first place. The leaf stopped changing colors and turned back to its original green. She smiled a bit, pleased, and turned to Ford. "So, anything else that looks interesting?"

Ford began to flip through the book and then paused and thought. "Let me try something." He reached around and grabbed a stick, "Incendio!" As expected the stick burst into flames, "Coloratus coruscus!" He incanted, and the flames began to shift through the spectrum of colors, giving off light in the darkening surroundings. Casting ghostly shadows around.

"Cool," Ford said, "Wingardium Leviosa!" He flew the multichromatic flaming stick into the water, "Well, it's getting kinda late, and I have astronomy homework to do. You want to call it a night?"

Sophia watched with an amazed smile as Ford levitated the color-changing flaming stick into the lake. She looked at him, actually smiling. As soon as Sophia realized she was smiling she immediately looked away and wiped away her smile. She looked back to him after he had suggested they call it a night. "Yes, it is getting late. I say we turn in." Sophia gathered her things together and stood, waiting for Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back