When Brothers Laugh

Kiefer Harris

OOC First Name
Arty
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2 Tail of Charmed Newt
It was a windy afternoon, Kiefer realized. The long grass danced to the wind's blows and sometimes with the strong gale it was difficult to maneuver on his broom. When he wanted to speed up, it hurt his eyes. Kiefer looked at the scenery before him, that only contained acres of land with dry grass below them. He sighed, wishing that everyday he got the chance to hang out with his best friend. It was only unfortunate that his team had to train for an upcoming game in a few months which made Kiefer busier than ever. Their sessions of training were brutal and they nonstop flew everywhere around the Pitch to practice their dives, their speed and how to properly do their assigned role. Since Kiefer was a Beater, he got the bat always and swung it around in all directions, aiming towards something specific. As the newest addition to the team, he normally got a lot of advice and attended practice games to enhance his skills. Still, he could not believe the fact that he was a player of the Wasps. Connections to several people in the Quidditch industry brought him to try out for the team and after a week, he got the notice. And now, there he was practicing with another Quidditch player of a different team.

"Pass the Quaffle!" he called out, just like when he asked someone to pass for the entire box of pizza. Together, they practiced some of their skills for the past hour or so. Kiefer caught the Quaffle and tucked it under his arm safely. A sly grin finally tugged on his lips as his grey eyes mischievously sparked. "You've got to tell me what's going on in your life, bro." His best friend was a married man, surely Kiefer knew how to cure married men who were sick of their wife. It was either some sports or a trip to the nearest club. But it seemed that no matter how frustrated Xavier was, he did not want to cheat. Kiefer knew it was a bad thing, honestly, since he would never dare cheat on his girlfriend. They were still fine, but their lives were bringing them apart. It was still fine though since they went on dates and she alone made Kiefer's heart melt effortlessly. Good Lord, he was still smitten with his girlfriend, but was Xavier becoming smitten with his own wife?

"How's the wifey, by the way?" Kiefer asked casually, but his grin said that it was all planned. Pureblood traditions were exceptionally weird and sometimes Kiefer pitied Xavier for having to marry a girl who he barely knew. Merlin, was she even pretty? Kiefer flew around lazily, barely showing some effort to control his broom against the strong wind. As long as he was balanced properly, then he was all good. The grey eyed man wondered if they were already doing wonders on the sheets, and if they did, when would the mini Xavier pop out? "I'm not ready to be an uncle yet, so relax man." Kiefer grinned, knowing exactly what Xavier's reaction would be. Having kids was a massive responsibility and not tending to it was seriously a crime. But imagining Xavier Grimm as a father was absurd. A very ludicrous idea!

Xavier had to do this more. He and Kiefer had been mates for years, and he felt that they did not really spend much time with each other these days, since life pretty much tore them apart. Xavier still thought of Kiefer as his best friend, since distance and time were not likely to change that, but he did wish that he could toss a quaffle around more often with his mate. He loved Quidditch - hence why he became a Quidditch player, but there was something more fun about just flying around and tossing a quaffle with a friend. Especially one as good as Kiefer. If anyone could pic up his mood from the dirt, it'd be Kiefer Harris, best friend extraordinaire. Xavier was matching Kiefer in laziness, and so floated gently on his broom. He did not allow himself to be overcome by the broom, but he did drift with the wind on occasion. It felt a little weird, technically hanging out with a rival player, but they were friends before the job, and besides, any animosity or stress in their friendship was drained from training and if they versed each other, through that. Except, while Kiefer was a beater, Xavier was a seeker, so they would never truly go head-to-head, unless Kiefer decided to hit a bludger his way. He could see the blonde doing that even when not in a professional game, just for kicks.

Xavier tossed the quaffle between his hands, before throwing it to Kiefer. The pure blood narrowed his eyes as a fiendish look grew on his friend's face. He shrugged at the question. "I got married, got my dream job, and run away often. What more's there to tell?" Unfortunately, that pretty much was what he had done with his life. It didn't really seem to amount to a lot, and that was what irritated him. He really needed to get out more. "Oh, and I'm trying to decided whether to change my hair colour, thoughts?" He was kidding, as he was not one for dyeing anything, but he needed to lighten the mood, especially with his best friend around. "Now, why don't you toss me back the quaffle, yah girl."

Xavier sighed and laid back on his broom. No, this was not an especially safe position to rest in, with his head resting against the bristles of the broom and his back along the stick with his legs dangling, but Xavier was a pretty confident flyer, and he was beyond caring whether he fell or not. He trusted himself not to fall and be able to save himself, as well as he trusted Kiefer to save him. "Merlin knows," he answered, flying to the side and turning his head to observe his friend as he lazily flied. "I kind of ran away again, and to my knowledge she's still back at home while I'm obviously not. I'm hoping she'll get bored, complain to her parents, and then the marriage will fall apart and I'll be free." His mother would never have done this to one of his sisters. Oh never, no, Xavier was expendable, but not Mummy's little girls. Xavier's eyes widened and he sat up quickly. "Kiefer!" he said, causing himself to become unsteady on his broom. He gripped the broom and flared his nostrils embarrassingly at Kiefer. "We don't even speak the same language. There will be no children. You don't have to be an uncle yet." Being a father was hard work, and Xavier was not one to bother with hard work. The other reason being that his mother would be happy. That woman was not going to be happy - ever. Xavier refused to please her.

To alter his hair color was not a bad idea. Kiefer shrugged at the possibility, cocking his head as he thought of Xavier with colored hair. "Hot pink's utterly sexy for you. It's a great idea." Sarcasm, it was. Of course Kiefer would never go for hot pink, unless he were to put it on his girlfriend. Then damn, that was really a treat. Kiefer let his broom drift with the wind whilst he kept the Quaffle with him. It was important to keep the bloody ball in his arms. It served as a distraction to the both of them, making them think Quidditch only. Of course Kiefer wanted to leave some Quidditch out of their conversations to make room for the buzz on Xavier's married life. His poor friend married a young woman who was totally different compared to him and even Kiefer never really got the opportunity to properly interact with her. The blond shook his head, refusing to give up the scarlet ball. "Later, for sure. Now, talk up." Kiefer grinned, ready to here if there was any improvement in their relationship. Improvements meant a lot of things to an ordinary person, but to Kief, it only meant if they did the act already. And, if Xavier finally knew how to make his life with his wife a tolerable one. His buddy had to eventually learn before he ended up in a nasty divorce.

Kiefer watched as Xavier allowed himself to almost dangle in the air. Both were really good at this sport and handling themselves without any flying Bludgers was a piece of cake. Intently, he listened and blinked at Xavier, as if he was the most reckless human being on the planet. Supposedly, that title was Kiefer's but he guessed that now with Xavier not wanting to satisfy his mother and wife, he was bound to do more rebellious things. "What if she's patient? Then it'll probably take a century before she finally complains to her mother." Several women put their hopes up when it came to reforming their man. It took time for a person's feelings to truly change over time and Kiefer wondered if she could really wait that long for some affection. Saving a falling marriage could be worth it, if there was the slightest chance of having a brighter future with your partner. But as Kiefer thought of it in Xavier's point of view, all he thought of was an awkward life with a wife he didn't know personally. Xavier certainly deserved better days with mind blowing parties and alcoholic drinks. But Xavier was bound to something he never wanted and Kiefer thought it was slowly eating his youthful spirit away. The married life was not easy and even if Xavier deliberately ignored his beloved, there were still responsibilities he had to accomplish.

They were diving in the topic of kids and the impossibility of Xavier 2.0 to pop out. Well, he would not pop out just like that. But Xave's stubbornness regarding no kids was impossible to argue with. Nevertheless Kiefer gave it a shot. "You'd have to have a kid or two one day. Who will you teach Quidditch to after retiring?!" Kiefer grinned at the reaction of Xavier, which made him laugh boisterously. The poor guy was embarrassed but he should know; Kiefer was not horrified to talk about the topic of making babies out loud. It was just not a squeamish subject for him. Kiefer looked at Xavier with his mouth a little open when he learned the pair did not converse with a common language. How heartbreaking was that? "Well this is probably a first for me playing matchmaker but, shouldn't you at least talk to her? Teach her some English, if you ask me." That would be difficult, but the simple phrases such as 'hello' and 'how are you', was a start. But if Xavier did not want that, Kiefer knew the next piece of advice he could offer.
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back