Twins? Am I Lucky or Cursed?

Mason Greene

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 17 1/2" Swishy Alder Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
It was a bright and sunny day outside and everything alerted the young, newly sorted Hufflepuff boy to the outdoors. He had yet to see and converse with Matt, but Matt must have been busy with something. Mason Greene walked along the halls before he finally found the outdoors which took him long enough to find. Curse the stairs that changed constantly! He was getting lost easier and easier. He had never been in a big place like this before. Everything was so new, and he loved every ounce of it. His reaction toward magic was different than Matt’s reaction. Matt was skeptical, while Mason was mesmerized. He wanted to do so much like save the world from hunger or something with his magic. Was that even possible? He did not know but he wanted to be able to do it! Perhaps one day, Mason would come up with something so that he could help the world out. what that was, he had no idea. He just wanted to have some fun right now. He wanted to play Quidditch too, but he did not even know how to work a broom, or what the game was even about. All he knew was that Matt played it.

Wondering into the lawns, he noticed some trees that were fit for climbing. He also saw a few people around the trees too, so he avoided that. He did not want to be around a big group of people. His eyes looked over at the one tree that looked just perfect. However, there were two girls near the tree. Well, it was less than what he was looking at before. So, he could live with this. Mason walked over to the other side of the tree, jumped and pulled himself to the branch. He continued to climb until he reached the other side of the tree. He looked down to see the two girls that looked similar before he lost his grip. Down, down he went, yelling as he did so. Mason landed on his side and white, hot pain licked where the ground made impact. He had fallen between the girls, twins no less. He looked up and he gave a small smile. "Sorry for dropping in on you two." He tried to get up, but could not seem to find his legs. "Hey, you two are twins! Identical! I am a twin too!" He had to force a smile since he couldn't hide the landing's impact.

Lucretia would much rather spend her day indoors and within the comforts of her room and not stuck outdoors with her sister all day long. Dealing with Katrina was enough of a challenge alone, and when one added things like bugs and the heat, it almost became unbearable for the Slytherin to deal with. The whole time Katrina yammered on about something to do with how much she dislike her roommates, Lucretia found herself drifting off. Getting lost in the sky. It wasn't until she felt swift punch nail her arm that she refocused herself and actually began to listen. "Ow, Katrina." The Slytherin frowned and rolled up the sleeves of her robes to inspect the arm that her sister had hit. Why her sister insisted on treating her like she was some sort of slave that had to listen to her or suffer the consequences was against Lucretia, but she absolutely abhorred it. The blonde rolled her sleeves back down and glared at her sister. Of course she was still going on about her problems too, and that made Lucretia want to punch her back. But out of shyness and fear of getting in trouble, Lucretia decided to push her anger aside for a moment. Her revenge could wait for a little while.

Lucretia shook her head and stared at her sister, and forced herself to think of some type of advice that she could give her, even if she was absolutely horrible at this sort of stuff. Suddenly, a loud yelling broke the silence between the two sister's. Out of instinct, Lucretia jumped back and froze just as a body came into contact with the ground. Her pale green eyes fixed themselves on the tree looming above before she frowned. Had he been spying on the two of them? The boy was apparently very keen on the idea of talking to the both of them, because he suddenly began talking about the two of them being twins, as well as having a twin himself. Lucretia blinked and turned towards her sister. A part of her wanted to tell her that she had a theory on the boy spying on them, but she was much to shy to voice it. Plus, Katrina was the smartest, she would figure it out in no time. Lucretia stepped beside her sister and remained silent, staring at the boy as if he had just grown another head or something.

"I seriously don't understand why it's so hard for my roommate to make sure that their books and materials are alphabetized. I offered to do it for them, but nooooo." Katrina vented, as she angrily flipped through the pages of her book. For a group of Ravenclaw students, her roommates didn't act very smart. Katrina flipped past a few more pages and glanced up at her silent sister to see why she wasn't saying a damned thing back to her about this issue. Not to Katrina's surprise, Lucretia wasn't even paying attention to a word she was saying. The blonde rolled her eyes and closed the book she had in her hands. She then took the hand that was closest to her sister, and used it to roughly slug her in the arm, forcibly getting her attention. "Lucretia, pay attention! This is important!" Katrina ignored her sister's reaction to the hit and started to thumb through her book again. Her sister probably hated the fact that she was bossy and always in control, but if she wasn't taking control of Lucretia, than that girl would probably get nothing accomplished except for sitting in her room and daydreaming, so she was practically doing her sister a favor.

"If you don't start paying more attention you-AHHH!" Katrina was about to lecture her sister for her lack of caring about anything, but the body of a young boy falling from the sky surprised Katrina enough to actually make her forget everything she was just thinking about, and that was a hard thing to do. Katrina was about to ask if the boy was okay, but then she noticed where he had fallen from. A tree that lingered right above the two girls. Suddenly Katrina found herself growing enraged. The blonde waited until the boy had gotten up and began to speak before she took the book she had been holding, and attempted to beat him with it. "Were you freaking spying on us?! You little creep!" Katrina howled as she flung the book around wildly. There was no way that she was going to let someone get away with spying on her and thinking that it was going to be okay. As usual, Lucretia stayed quiet and out of the way. It wasn't unusual for Katrina to spring forth and try to take charge in situations like these, she was quick to think and quick to act, so it was probably her job by default.

Mason looked up at the two girls and he was really happy that they were not laughing at him. That made him feel better about himself in some aspects, but then there was that one that did not look that happy to see him. He was a cutie! Everyone should be happy to see him and his smile! Was that not contagious? They were looking at him as if he had grown another head, and he felt uncomfortable. Maybe, climbing this tree was not the best thing ever. He should have chosen another one, but he did not think about it. Frowning, he hoisted himself onto his feet, and he brushed off the dirt from his clothing. Mason then noticed that the one that screamed earlier was attempting to hit him with a book, which Mason of course jumped back from, holding his hands up. "Hey! Please don't hurt me! Falling from a tree was punishment enough!" Mason thought about taking out his wand and throwing it at her, but a wand versus a book, well, he would lose to that one. He continued to hold his hands up and packing away from the book as it thrashed in the air all around him.

The girl accused him of spying, and his eyes widened. "Wait, what? No! Of course not! I just wanted to climb a tree with the less crowd around it! Then I kinda fell." He hoped that she would believe him. That was all he had. He looked to the other one for some help, but it seemed like she was a little too shy to get involved with matters of her sister. He wondered what their names were. Now was not the time to do that, but would the girl really hurt someone that was unarmed? It was really an accident, and the expression on his face said the same thing. He was just climbing a tree, and just looked down when he fell. He continued to stay at a safe distance, until a thought occurred. He quickly ran around and hid behind the quiet one, gently touching her shoulders and hoping that the other girl would stop thrashing that book so that he could really explain the story. "I really don't know what you two were talking about! I swear on my life!" He was somewhat scared of the other girl, but hopefully this strategy won't kill him.

Lucretia looked towards her sister as if she were begging her to get rid of this boy and to do it fast. As if it wasn't obvious enough by the fact that she was silent, Lucy wasn't much of a people person. Even those she had known most or all of her life had a hard time getting her to talk, so the fact that a stranger was now hiding behind her and attempting to use her as a human shield really bothered her. Lucretia ripped her shoulders from his gentle grasp and glared at him. "Don't touch me." This was the first time she had spoken to him, and her voice was light but still held a hint of firmness to it. Was this boy raised in a barn? Since when was it okay for someone to just come up and put their hands on a complete stranger? Lucretia felt like he had some nerve to do such a thing without her permission. Hopefully he wasn't some mudblood or disgusting half-breed creature. Lucretia didn't feel like having to disinfect her shoulder just because this idiot couldn't keep his hands to himself. The boy pleaded to Katrina, and Lucretia glanced at her sister, wondering if she actually believe this weirdo.

"I think you should hit him again, Katrina." Lucretia adjusted the jacket she was wearing and walked away from the boy. Once she was by her sister's side again, she brushed aside a few strands of hair that had fallen into her face. The young Slytherin prayed that her sister would consider hitting him again, and then maybe he would go away so they could enjoy their afternoon in peace. But the fact that her sister was hesitating as long as she was, made it obvious that the boy was probably safe for now. Lucretia rolled her eyes and turned away from her sister. Why on earth did she insist on talking to such weird people when she was around? Lucretia had been drug all the way out here because her sister supposedly had something to say to her, but that was probably going to be pushed aside until the stupid boy got a clue and took a freaking hike back to the castle. Lucien would never talk to such people, and this was why Lucretia preferred to hang out with him rather than Katrina. At least he had standards.

Katrina paused and lowered the book down a fraction. He swore on his life? What an idiot. "You should never swear on your life, idiot." But if that was the case, she would believe him for now. He even went as far as to attempt and hide behind Lucretia, who didn't take it very well. After shaking him off and snubbing him, Katrina's twin returned to her side. The boy was actually pretty lucky that Lucretia hadn't hit him or anything. For someone as quiet and shy as she could be, Lucy could pack quite the punch when she wanted to be mean. Katrina lowered the book completely and studied the boy carefully. Katrina wasn't completely sure, but she could have sworn that this boy had a twin. Katrina had observed a boy that looked just about his age to be wandering around with a group of Gryffindor's, but he didn't seem half as lively as this boy. But since she wasn't one hundred percent sure, she figured that she might as well investigate. Katrina wasn't the type of person to just let something like this go without figuring everything she could about the person. A part of her still wasn't fully convinced that he wasn't spying.

"Before I decide whether to hit you again or not, I have some questions. Who are you, what house are you from, and why the hell were you climbing from a tree?" Katrina could hear Lucretia snort and mutter something under her breath. Hopefully the boy didn't hear, because it wasn't exactly the nicest thing in the world. Lucretia was most certainly not a fan of this boy and his antics. "Do you have a brother who's in Gryffindor?" Katrina asked another question before he could even finish answering the first set she asked. Her tone was quick and demanding. If he didn't answer them she'd hit him with the book again. The only way he was going to get out of this situation unscathed, was if Katrina found him to be a possible use to her later. Or if he groveled enough. Either one worked for the Ravenclaw. Lucretia on the other hand, probably wanted him to suffer. Katrina could just tell by the look on her face that she was unhappy that Katrina had decided to talk to him rather than just beat him to death with her textbook.

Mason really chose the wrong people to drop in on, and it was making itself clear really fast. The Slytherin girl finally said something, which was not to touch her. He looked down and made sure that he was no longer making any contact with her. "Sorry," mumbled the Hufflepuff with sincerity. He really did not know what he needed to do in order to keep himself safe. He realized that the Slytherin one was Lucretia. Yes, she was the one that the other scary one was yelling at for some unknown reason. He peeked up a little bit more when the other girl lowered the book just a hair. Mason heard the other one say that he should never swear on his life, and he shrugged, "I don't have anything else to swear on though. No broom or anything really valuable. Well, my life isn't valuable to strangers, so I guess it would be pointless anyway?" Mason was confused by this point, but then he remembered, "Wait! I swear on my wand then!" It was the most expensive thing that he owned! He could swear on it! Maybe then they would not have the urge to really find him anything more than a minor Hufflepuff lad.

Lucretia mentioned that her sister, the feisty one, should hit him again. Mason shook his head and he stuttered, "P-Please, don't." It really took a lot before he would ever stutter, but at least he meant no hard to the girls. Katrina had some questions, which he was happy to answer, "Mason Greene! I am a Hufflepuff boy, though I really wanted to be in Gryffindor because of some people, but was sorted into the house of the badger for some reason. Anyway, I was climbing a tree because it was fun and I needed something to do this afternoon! Getting up is easy, getting down..." He faded off since well, they knew how he got down. Then Katrina asked if he had a brother in Gryffindor. That was Matt! "Yeah! He is my twin, but because of our birthdays, we were sorted in different years. He is a second year. Have you seen him?" Mason asked, hopefully that she had so he could go running to him. Matt always made things better for the Hufflepuff. Everything seemed so bad right now for him. He didn't mean to scare the girls! He was just climbing!

When the boy offered to swear on his wand Lucretia glanced towards her sister before she rolled her eyes. Whatever he swore on, Lucretia wanted him gone. He was much to yappy and outgoing for her tastes. Lucretia preferred to be by herself, or around others who understood that she wasn't much for talking or associating with other people. "Just don't let it happen again and we'll be fine." Lucretia accepted his apology for touching her and mentally agreed that so long as he never did it again without her permission, she wouldn't punch him or send one of her brother's in to teach him a lesson. Katrina seemed too deep in thought to pay attention to the small exchange between Mason and Lucretia. She was probably trying to connect the dots between him and that Gryffindor boy she didn't seem to like too much. The boy introduced himself to be Mason and a Hufflepuff on top of that. Lucretia snorted instantly when she heard which house he was in. Hufflepuff wasn't all that bad, but most of the Hufflepuff's she had met so far were a little out there. Not to mention the fact that they were far too friendly and cheerful for her liking. Most, she was sure there were some that stood outside the norm.

"We've seen your brother alright. He's the one always hanging out with that dirty half-breed." Lucretia didn't know the girls name nor her story. All she knew was that she was a half-breed Gryffindor who had a knack for pissing off the pure bloods in this school. An older Slytherin in her house named Pandora really had it out for her, and because of the fact that Matt hung out with her, he was getting equal treatment, plus he had gained the term blood-traitor. Lucretia said no more on the topic because she had already spoken enough to this boy. She just felt like sharing the fact that she knew his brother, and she knew what sort of things he was into. Lucretia was quite prejudice, possibly even more so than her brothers and sisters but she was just very quiet about it. If this boy was really Matt's brother, and it was likely because they definitely looked like twins, did that mean he was a pure blood too? Lucretia would wait and see before she decided to loosen up a little on her treatment towards Mason.

Katrina shook her head disapprovingly at her twins words. As much as she dislike Part-Veela's and the whole sort, many lived within the family. Katrina also found that instead of harboring hatred for these people, they should be used as weapons instead. If they had the ability to make a man kill his best friend, imagine the things they could do to their enemies. "What my twin here means, is that we've seen him hanging out with some blonde girl. We've heard a lot about him, but whether those rumors are true or not-eh." The most popular rumor being that he was a pure blood and Belladonna was trying to swoop in and suck his blood or something. It was really shallow and stupid in her eyes. Hell, she wasn't as interested in Matt as she was his brother. Mason seemed very friendly and eager to please people. Katrina needed an assistant, or rather someone to help her do her dirty work and Mason may be just the guy to do it. So she thought of a plan as her twin and the boy conversed, and the moment she connected all the dots, she knew she really had something here. It must have been fate to have this boy drop in on her and her sister.

"Say Mason, how would you like to be friends? You seem like a super cool guy. Lucy and I need a third member for our little group, and you'd be perfect!" Katrina could feel her sister glare beside her. Katrina didn't mind Mason as much as she did. He was a little weird, but he was friendly and seemed eager to make friends and keep others happy. It'd be a lot easier then trying to recruit Jean or Lucien who wanted to do nothing with Katrina's grandstand ideas. Wrapping her arms around Mason's shoulder she tried to wrangle him in. "We're sorry we yelled. You just scared us. But seriously, think about it. It'd be awesome to have twins as friends, wouldn't it?" Once sgain, she could hear Lucretia scoff beside her. She definitely wasn't having any of this but she would learn to get over it. Lucretia needed to socialize and stop hanging like such a wallflower every once and awhile. Lucretia was often too shy to complain about things so it was likely that even if she was unhappy, she wouldn't say anything about it.

Mason looked toward the Slytherin one that he thought was Lucretia as she said that as long as it did not happen again, they will be fine. Good, cause he did not want to get punched or hit. That hurt a lot! Mason would not ever live it down either, because Matt often pointed out how soft Mason was, despite their harsh past. "Thanks, you won't regret it!" Mason said to the Slytherin in response, with a smile on his lips. He looked to the Ravenclaw one, Katrina, and saw that she seemed to be really thinking about something. He wondered what it could be. Surely, not something that involved him getting hurt. He sure did not want that! When Lucretia said that they have seen Matt, she said that he was always hanging out with that dirty half-breed. That made him raise an eyebrow. What was a dirty half-breed? He wondered who she was talking about, since all he saw was Belladonna and how pretty she was! "What's a half-breed? But all I see him hanging out with is Belladonna, and she looks pretty normal to me." Mason shrugged his shoulders, and wondered what that meant. But deep inside, he had a feeling that it was something bad.

Wait, now that Katrina was talking, they heard a lot about his brother? "Wait, what all have you been hearing about my brother? Is it bad? What does it have to do with?" Mason was asking a lot of questions, but that was because he was in the dark. Matt never mentioned anyone saying anything about him. But then again, Matt never cared about things like that. Mason did. When Katrina mentioned that they could be friends and how he seemed like a super cool guy, he had to fight from jumping up and down with excitement. He always wanted new friends! He loved having friends. He could be their third member! She even wrapped her arm around his shoulders, which made him even more receptive to the idea. She apologized for the both of them, and how it would be awesome to have twins as friends. "Yes! Oh my god yes! I always wanted to have twins for friends since I am a twin! It'll be so cool! And wow, this is just so exciting!" The other one did not seem as excited about it as Mason did, but he figured that he would grow on her. It would be fun after all! Maybe he can get Matt involved too, somehow!

Katrina ignored the looks Lucretia gave her before the Slytherin walked away, mumbling something about getting some lunch. What a perfect idea, and Mason could even join them! "Mason, you should come have lunch with us and we can get to know each other a little better?" After all if he was senselessly going to be doing them favors, Katrina might as well get to know the boy a little. Carefully she wrapped her arms around Mason's shoulder and pulled him along, hoping to catch up with Lucretia. She may not want anything to do with this, but Katrina wasn't going to allow her that luxury. After all, Mason wanted to hang out with both of them, and that's just what he was going to get.
Fin.​
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back