The Singing Lark

Elouise Possible

Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Griffin Feather
Elouise finished her lunch early compared to her chatting housemates. She always did and sometimes just to eat in silence she would go to the Kitchens. But today she was late to lunch and decided to stay in the Great Hall to eat. After she finished she didn't want to stay to listen to the latest gossip which most of the girls in her house were consumed with and decided to go back up to the Gryffindor Common room. But while on the stairs she headed up to the North Tower instead knowing she'd be less likely to be disturbed up in the tower once lunch was over and hordes of people headed back to their Common rooms. Kimberly Anna Elouise Possible wasn't one for gossip or talking to most people. She never had many friends but the ones she did have would say she never stops talking, you just have to get passed her quiet side first. Which alot of people having trouble doing because its hard for them to find anything in common with her. She's always the quiet girl at the top of the stairwell to be pulling a prank by dropping something on someone not expecting it.

</SIZE>
<SIZE size="50">No one had really told the hufflepuff boy that being a prefet meant much more than just a badge and title. It had only been up until that year that he had known nothing about them and their movements. He had never expected himself to become one, so he had paid very little attention to how it actually worked. Now however, he was actually getting into a form of routine. His days were very long, he played his guitar a lot, but he also had to do "patrols" as such around the school later at night to be sure people stuck to the curfew, and he still had to keep on top of his classes. Which was proving hard as this was his fifth year and he was studying for OWLs. He had never really been stressed out before, but everything was causing a large amount of stress for the hufflepuff, and the hufflepuff had no idea how to deal with the stress, since he was so unused to it. Ever since first year he had just been casual. Doing as little work as possible but still getting by. Going no where without his guitar and just overall having a good time. But, now that he was a fifth year, with parents who supposedly cared, and friends, and being a prefect, it just wasn't the same. But, there was still one thing for certain, the chances were he wouldn't change it for the world. Having this kind of stressful schuedule he knew would be good for him in the long run. Even if it felt hellish at the current moment. Come when he turned 17, he would be able to just quit school, and just go forth in his dreams of becoming a musicin. Sure he would not have the same qualifications as others, should he fail at music, but for him, there was no other career. All he wanted to do with his life was play his guitar. And while he was working himself to the bone, to keep up in lessons and be sure to do well in the exams then he'd be able to go ahead with his plan. And all would be well. His parents would be happy that he'd gotten something, and that he had some title. His professors would be happy for the grades he managed to achieve. He would be happy for the music he was then able to go ahead and create more music. The only person that did not quite fit into his plan, was Kynleigh. The fourth year Gryffindor that had pretty much captured his heart.

Walking up the many steps towards the north tower, it was nearing midday and Elijah wasn't interested in Lunch. He was on top of most of his work, and had no duties as a prefect until nearer the end of the day. Which suited him fine. It was why he was walking with his guitar on his back. He was happy in being able to look for somewhere to just play his music. One place that he thought about going was the prefects common room, but he just wanted to forget about that entirely. Just be the Elijah he had been in first year. It was then that he was broken out of his thoughts by a sudden noise of someone dropping something. He gave a short laugh and continued up the stairs. He was aware that it would probably be up to him to give the person into trouble, but he wasn't bothered. Not this time around. As he reached the top he noticed a girl. A gryffindor girl that was in his year. Elijah wondered if she knew Kynleigh. And if she would get her for him. But, He didn't know if she would be busy or not. "Elouise, Hi. You know dropping something on someone is not very nice. And as a prefect I really should give you into trouble." Elijah smiled at her however, his smile clearly saying that he had no intentions of giving her into trouble. "How are you? Finding the year okay so far?" he asked her.

Elouise looked back down stairs where a voice was calling up to her. It was Elijah a boy she had met the previous year, she wasn't sure if they were friends or not but he was a nice guy either way. He wasn't very far from her and would be able to see her smile that appeared on her face when she saw him. It was always nice to see someone she knew and talked too. Though that never seemed to be the case very much. "Hi! Though you aren't catching me in the act of such a bad crime against the younger kids, so you wouldn't be able to get me in trouble anyway," She answered back holding up her empty hands free from anything that could be possible to prank with. Elouise continued to smile as she turned her head and looked back out the window, more students were outside and so she figured lunch was basically over for everyone now. "Didn't you have Lunch today?" She asked not bothering to answer his own questions, she wasn't ever asked them and didn't know her own feelings well enough to answer them. The year was a school year and that was about it, everything seemed the same from the previous year not any different. She was still alone with no one to spend much time with other then the students she continuidly bothered with pranks.

Elijah had always enjoyed the time that he spent with Elouise. Although they had spent very little time together, the time they did spend together he always enjoyed. She was a quiet girl, and very shy. What Elijah knew he had once been, but with the help of a couple of friends and his guiater, he had managed to become pretty confident, and had made a number of friends over the years. Even though he found it difficult to keep in contact with them since he loved music more than life itself, but he tried and he hoped that if Elouise spent enough time with someone like him, that she too would be able to become more confident. Of course he wasn't a genius so he had his doubts, and he knew that even if it did work. It had taken Elijah a long while, and he had had major issues with his family that hadn't exactly helped the matter. And since he now had to think of his entire family, and he had to be a Tine, rather than just Elijah. It had meant he'd spent time just trying to figure out if it was really doing him any good. But now as a fifth year prefect, with his life plan out in front of him, he was both pretty confident in himself, but in the fact he could do it. That others knew he could. Everything for once was falling into place for the Hufflepuff prefect. "I guess your right there, But I wouldn't give you into trouble anyway." Elijah said smiling at her. He wondered if she'd actually thought he would give her into trouble. He had never thought that he of all people could be an authorative figure to anyone. It was a silly thought. Or so he believed. Since someone clearly thought he was capble since he was the prefect. But, it wasn't something that bothered him. He could live with it. He was happy with it. He had just hoped that it hadn't changed what those around him thought of him. But Elijah did not feel like persuing the subject any more than she desired to talk about how she was and how the year was going. Elijah shrugged at her question. "Nah, I wasn't that hungry. Plus, all I really wanted to do, was play my guitar. Hence this" He siad, pointing to his guitar. "What about you? And don't dodge the question." He smiled at her warmly, and he took his guitar off his back and put it in front of him. He sat down on the ground. leaning his back against the wall, and began to lightly strum the end piece from the old muggle movie, the Lord of the Rings. "And I'm good thanks, how about you?" He asked, talking over his light strumming.​
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back