The Price of Our Rebellion

Kasura Zhefarovich

OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Walnut 13 1/4" with Essence of Fairy Dust
Kasura let out a soft giggle as she carefully watched her baby daughter Demonia play with one of her baby toys happily. Less Over an hour ago Kasura finally cracked down after seeing the baby looking all lonesome and decided to spend some time with her baby. Despite her initial hatred for both Demonia and Vladislav when they had first entered into her life so unwillingly, over time she grew to love them both way beyond the amount that she ever thought she would be capable of doing, she had never loved someone before and here she was in the flesh, finding herself becoming more and more attached to these two as time continued on. "Your so cute." Kasura cooed in delight when Demonia suddenly let out a soft baby yawn and dropped her toy beside her, an hour must have been a bit too much for her because the poor baby looked absolutely exhausted. When Demonia let out another yawn, Kasura was decided that playtime was finished and reached over to gently picked up the baby and pick herself up from the bed and walk over to the babies crib. "Please tell me your actually going to nap this time." Kasura commented to the baby before she tucked the small child in and turned away from the crib to walk into the Living room where the she assumed that Vladislav would be because he wasn't in the bedroom or seemingly anywhere else nearby. 'He's actually been pretty quiet.' Which was a usual sign that either something was seriously wrong or he was asleep right now.

"Hey Vlad, I just put-are you okay?" Her illuminating purple eyes caught onto his form and immediately she could tell something was seriously wrong with him right now, it was weird but she almost felt like she could sense him or understand him which was something she was also not used to feeling. "What's wrong?" Stepping over to him lightly, she stood a good few feet away from him she was still wondering what was wrong with him because she had never seen him act like this before.

Vladislav sat in the living room, with his hands covering his face. Tears stained his cheeks, and he had not shaved that morning. Stubble decorated his cheeks, and Vladislave continued to mourn. Mourn over his lost family. Because he did not have a stable family tree, he had to find them himself, and found only their graves. He heard Kasura ask what was wrong, which made Vladislav just sob even harder. He had only one child left. His children, his grandchildren were dead, gone. Just like that. Just like Asparuh had promised if he left the family. Vladislav was young then, he did not know better. Now, because of him, he only had Demonia in the world. He only had one person love him, and she was still living. That was Demonia, the baby that was now asleep. She could never be around the Zhefarovich Family. Not anymore.

"My family. My children, grandchildren, they were slaughtered." Vladislav shook his head, and refused to lift his hands from his face. Instead, he peeked over them with his cloudy, silver eyes, puffy with tears and still flowing. "My older brother, he killed them, because of me. They had to lose their lives, because of me. They loved me, and now Asparuh took that away, just like he promised." Vladislav sobbed even more. "I could have saved him if I didn't take him serious!"

Kasura froze in her place besides the couch with widened purple eyes, she had never seen Vladislav cry before and never did she think that she actually would have to either. After a moment or two passed the shock wore off and the protective, loving, and caring nature that Kasura tried to often to keep hidden from others began to take over her mind, and without hesitation she walked over and gently sat down next to Vladislav as not to make too much of a commotion for him and upset him. 'How could someone be so cruel?' Kasura herself was not the nicest person in the world, but she would never deliberately go out and murder someone's entire family like that, especially children and grandchildren. "Oh my god..." She breathed out, unsure what she should say to him at all, she never had or heard of anything like this happening before so her advice or comforting words were a little on the short side at the moment. On top of this Kasura didn't know Vlad extremely well, she may have fallen for him but she still felt like there would be nothing she could do to help him feel better. "Vladislav, do not put all the blame on yourself." The only thing she could think of at the moment was just to stay by his side, offer him comfort because he was probably feeling beyond lonely, her hand found his back as she started to rub his back to try and comfort him a little. Truly Kasura felt like he was not all to blame, this had to do with his brother obviously lacking a heart and he needed to understand that. Scooting closer until she was right next to him and still rubbing his back comfortingly, she tried to think of something else to say.

But the one thing that came to her mind suddenly made her think about something that she had never thought of yet; "He hasn't killed Demonia and I yet." She stated almost boldly but still taking careful care to be gentle and comfort with him right now, if he rally was going around killing Vladislav's family would he be coming for her and Demonia next? Sure Kasura was not married to him or anything yet but she had a child with him and she had idea what that would bring, plus Demonia would be at risk too if she was not careful.

Vladislav felt and heard Kasura actually caring, and attempting to comfort him. He would never see his grown children again though. This was just one of the things Asparuh was capable of, breaking a grown man, and forcing him into a world of loneliness if Asparuh was ever pissed off. The tears had stopped flowing, as though he had run out of tears to cry. It did not replace the emptiness he felt. He helped raise his kids and he adored his grandchildren, but by in the world did Asparuh kill someone so young, some who had bright futures ahead? It did not make any sense to the grown man. It was rather devastating. “But it is my fault. He warned me, that he would isolate me if I dared to leave. He said they were dead to the world, if I left. And now, he made his promise come true, Kasura. This is what my family is capable of. I never should have left.” Vladislav but his hands on his lap, and his eyes met with purple.

“They were always the favorites, Kasura. Asparuh, Arnost, Rayna and Raisa. They were loved and adored by Mother and Father. I was the outcast, without a mirror. They all went insane and evil, and I strayed from the path. I did not like the rules, and I left. The family will kill me if I am seen again, even Hades.” Vladislav shook his head, and he sighed. Though her next words struck him dumb. Wait, Asparuh had not killed Demonia and Kasura yet. He wondered why that was as well. “Odd, he hasn’t. It is only a matter of time. But I won’t – I refuse to have him take away more people because of me. If he comes for me, let him kill me. If it is to keep you two alive. But… I just don’t know. Kasura, it was a mistake even allowing you to keep the baby. There are so many ‘what-if’s’ it scares me.”

Vladislav had stopped crying and Kasura was able to relax a little, but she still continued to try and comfort Vladislav in anyway that she could manage because for once in her life she actually felt bad for someone else other than herself. The man seemed to completely blame himself too, she saw how he might have brought the situation upon himself but at the same time the blood of those people are also on his family's hands not just his. "They used your family to try and control you and force your alliance, how could-" She stopped in mid-sentence and shook her head softly to try and calm herself down from the growing anger she was feeling when she just heard about what this family had done to this poor man. This family was no more harsh and cruel that her own family and the one that had taken them over a few years after she had left. When his eyes met with hers she could see the loneliness in them and felt her own heart break from it, this was just so unfair to him, hers reflected nothing but anger and a understanding for him.

"Do you feel lonely and unloved then?" She asked, her gaze averting from his for a moment as she asked, he was definitely cared for and if he needed to be told she would suck up her pride and tell him how she felt, she would try anything to help him. Really she would love nothing more then to give hie brother a piece of her mind, but he sounded far to cruel and dangerous for her to ever consider doing something that foolish. "Maybe it's best your aren't part of them anymore. Stay away from them and live life the way you want, rebel all you want, start another family, just don't let them think they've won" Kasura told him almost like a mother would tell a small child that they had done something wrong, what happened could not be changed no matter how much they begged and pleaded that it would. Vladislav needed to realize that it was not all his fault and that he needed to keep going on before that family thought they really could control people whatever way they wanted. "Bullsh*it, I'm not going to just let him kill you. I am not afraid of your brother or to be killed for doing what I believe is right. It was not a mistake either, and how bad could those 'what-if's' be...because thats what they are only 'what if's', if they do happen then we will worry about them then." Kasura used one of her hands to place it on Vladislav's cheek, it was a form of affection and a way to force him to look her in the eye so she could show him that she had meant every word she had said to him just not. If it was one thing she learned living on the streets, it was that you had to keep going even if it felt hopeless otherwise your own life was useless and not worth the air it consumed.

"I was different than them. The Zhefarovich's will use anything in their power to get you to join them. And once you do, humanity is gone, pretty much. Blood thirsty, power hungry animals," Vladislav cursed his own blood as he continued on. "My brother won't stop until he dies, and believe me, Kasura, I've tried to do away with him. Hell, he has great-grandchildren and he still moves around like someone half my age. It is rather...embarrassing. He can't heal himself, refuses to go to Saint Mungo's. I don't know how he does it." Vladislav knew that all he could ever do was run from him, if Asparuh ever even tried to hunt him down like an animal. Maybe he was one. He betrayed the family, sold out his own name, didn't care about blood status... He did everything in his power to rebel, even against himself. It was the only way to discover who he truly was, not the mold that the Zhefarovich's made him out to be. Every one of them are being molded slowly, carefully, into what the Patriarch wants. And if they prove to be disloyal or unworthy enough, they die. It was like survival of the fittest but with humans.

"I did, growing up. But then once I had kids, and they loved me, and their children, and now all that has been taken. Only ones in the world that remotely gives a damn are you and Demonia. You two are the only ones keeping me from going something nuts like confronting my brother," Vladislav forced a smile at Kasura. At lease he was somewhat cared about. That alone was keeping his heart beating. "They've won anyway. I was a disgrace to the name. I 'wasn't fit to carry it'. So, I'm out, and they are happy. But how long they will keep me alive is untelling. I am just hoping that someone in there has a heart to not kill me. Once they have made up their mind, it is impossible to change it. Those are the what if's. If they change their minds, then they will kill me, kill us. Even Demonia. Erase my line out." Vladislav looked her in her purple eyes, and he shook his head. "Maybe I am just being paranoid. I could be one of the lucky ones. Exiled, and spared. I just don't want anyone else hurt for my cause."

The Zhefarovich family sounded like it was full of monsters, or mindless zombies that were slowly losing the will to think or do for themselves any longer. "I would rather let them tear me to pieces then allow them to control me." Kasura stated furiously as he fingers curled into fists, her nails were digging into the palm of her hand like daggers as she thought bout the misery that must come from being controlled like that, and on top of it his brother sounded like he was almost in-human with all the ways he was being described as, she prayed that she would never have to meet him face-to-face, and she prayed that he would leave her small family alone so she could actually be happy for once in her life. "And I thought my family was bad, yours is just....promise me you won't ever try to go out looking for them or anything." Kasura shook her head and leaned against the couch, bringing her legs up so she could sit cross legged on the couch, if she lost Vladislav so soon she'd probably feel even more miserable then she did when she was all alone on the streets, deciding that she already felt lonely just thinking about it she tugged on his arm for a moment. "Come cuddle with me." She demanded as she continued to tug on his arm, he had no reason to feel like he was alone anymore. His family had no right to do those things to him, but he seemed to be just as much of an outcast as she was right now, neither of their families wanted anything to do with them anymore.

"It's more than remotely Vladislav, I-....well you get the idea." She snorted finding herself not even able to say what she wanted to say, it made her feel weak but at the same time she had never even said it it to her own parents before. Saying it to someone that she ended up bonding with by getting soup dumped then conceiving a child hours later was not a situation she had ever thought she would be going through. Still Vladislav's family sounded like it had endless ways to torture someone, if they wanted to go after her as well she knew she would have no chance going it on her own. If they want to kill you and Demonia they'll have to go through me first. But I think your just being paranoid, so far they have left us alone so I think were safe." She said softly before she leaned over and softly kissed his cheek, the poor man was worrying do much about this, it was obvious that this was tearing him apart in various ways. And no matter what they tried to do it seemed like these people would find a way through it, so hoping and praying sounded like the only way to save their butts. "I know of only one person that could help us...but she's just about as inhumanly nasty as your brother." Kasura had no idea that the woman that had taken over her family without even as much as an effort was allies with the Zhefarovich's already, but it was a vague idea that maybe she could help keep Vladislav safer then he was right now..or something!

"Well, they haven't tried, so I just hope that we are spared." Vladislav shrugged, and the more he thought about it, the more likely he was leaning toward that idea. Not long ago, his family was killed. But there was too much of a time period between deaths and now to really be considering that they would be killed. Asparuh does not like to wait when he decides to kill. Maybe...just maybe they were safe. So long they won't get around any descendant of the family. "I promise I won't. You and Demonia are my life now. That is all I have left to live for, and I will live for you two for as long as I can. Granted that I don't do something reckless like wreck my bike into a muggle truck." Vladislav then remembered that soon he would have to get Demonia a bike as well. A magical one. Only if Kasura would allow it, and if she did not, they he would rebel and do it anyway.

Vladislav sighed but he did not move from the couch. Instead, he just wrapped his arm around Kasura and brought her closer to him. "I am feeling lazy today, so we can cuddle here. I suppose I get what you mean. The feeling is mutual." Vladislav did not know that Asparuh had already decided to leave Vladislav alone. He had decided that a while back, but he wasn't telling Vladislav about it. So, Vladislav just had to base it on a hunch. He took a deep breath and calmed his nerves. "I think we are safe. This place is unplottable, which is good. So, I think we are safe. I am not too keen on bringing in someone else though. It could cause a war." Vladislav shrugged lazily and pecked her forehead with his lips. After a while of grieving, he would soon be back on his bike. His eyes went to a photo of himself, and his children and grandchildren, all dead now, together. Even little Ana was there. "It is hard to believe they are all dead though."

Kasura hoped they would too, for once she was actually happy instead of being miserable as hell and she thought it would be way too unfair to have her happiness finally torn from her. "I don't want to die either Vlad, for the first time in my life I'm not miserable and I don't want it to end so soon." She stated almost sadly, the memories of all the harsh nights on the streets that she had, the fights with her father, they way they turned her into a mindless puppet and stole her own thoughts and ideas to just throw it in her face how ridiculous she was for ever thinking things like that. When Vladislav promised that he would not go hunting anyone down, and that she and Demonia was all he had to live for she smiled softly at him, if he promised to live for them then Kasura had no choice but to stay here with him then, she wanted to stay here anyways. "Honestly Vlad, sometimes I think you should just marry that Bike of yours. Your going to teach Demonia and I how to ride one of those things someday right?" She had been on one herself a few times with Vladislav, one of those times it resulted in her getting pregnant with Demonia, and she didn't plan on doing that again anytime soon. Then again the thought of another baby didn't sound that bad to Kasura, it was just the motorcycle leading up to one that she wasn't so thrilled by, it was a surely something she would never forget though. Still Kasura wanted to learn to ride one, they looked fun...if you knew how to drive one.

When Vladislav wrapped an arm around her and pulled her closer, so smiled to herself softly before she snuggled into him and breathed in his scent, she never noticed until now that he usually smelled fairly good. "Guess that means your stuck with me forever then." She sounded almost bossy there but it would be his choice whether he would stay with her forever or not, unlike her parents she would never force affections, marriage, or rules on anyone that didn't want them. "Phew. This has been such a lousy birthday." Kasura felt Vlad kiss her forehead and she resisted the urge to lean up and kiss him back, he was probably too upset and needed time to heal before anything like that should be brought forward. Her glowing purple eyes followed his to the picture and she felt her heart break for all of them, none of them deserved it. "I wish I could have met your children." She stated soberly, they probably wouldn't have liked her anyways but it still would have been nice to meet them and see what they were like. Then again perhaps his wife...or ex-wife, she wasn't sure, would not have liked her around either.

"I would never intentionally make you miserable. Even when I have taken you home, I had reasonable intentions, because I could not bear to let a woman with my child live on the streets. Now, look at what we have become." Vladislav murmured into the room, his quiet words small and soft. Vladislav chuckled when she said that he should marry his bike. Oh boy, would he in a heartbeat if his bike was an animate object. Well, there was also magic too. Vladislav smirked at Kasura, and he jested, "Think I should? I could animate it right now, and have a wedding. Then Demonia would have a mother, a father and a step-bike." Vladislav had not even thought of himself as married again. Not after Teodora. She was his lover, but at the time, he was far too disloyal and though he loved her, he was not in love with her. To him, they were merely best friends that agreed to marriage. Now that she was dead, he was still sad over the fact that he had lost a good friend. "Yes, of course I will. As soon as Demonia is able to walk, then I'll teach her to ride. I'll teach you anytime you desire."

Vladislave stared down at her with his dark, stormy eyes. She sounded awfully bossy. Well, he didn't mind that he would be stuck with her forever. She was rather perfect for him. "What do you mean by that, Kasura? If you would have told me it was your birthday, I would have done something for you." Vladislav wondered if his kids would have liked Kasura. They might have, but he was not for sure. "I think they would have liked you. They were rather proud, and they were nice, I suppose." Vladislav turned to face Kasura after staring into the photo. All he had now, was her and Demonia. He needed to get over grieving, and he needed to move on, to stop living in the past and look at what he had in front of him.

Kasura remembered back to the day that Vladislav had taken her home with him, it was the day her world started to take an immediate shift into a lifestyle she had never had before. For the first time in ten years she had a place to stay, someone to watch over her, and even someone who bothered to care enough to do anything like that for her. "I think the only reason I was upset at that time was because I had never met someone so persistent to keep me around, I had become so accustomed to being alone." Kasura's eyes shifted back over to Vladislav, she wasn't exactly sure what it was that they had become but it felt nice being around each other she supposed. Cuddling closer to him she couldn't help but snort when he said he would marry his bike, as crazy as it sounded she wouldn't put it against him not to do it because he probably would. However her mind went to something else, something that had been bothering her for some time now. "I'm sure you two will be very happy together. But You know what I think.." Kasura started as she lifted her head to look at him carefully. "I think you should marry me instead." Kasura almost sounded demanding as she said this, but once again she could never force Vladislav to do anything he didn't want to do. It was merely a suggestion, it was obvious they had feelings for one another, they got along most of the time, and they already had a child together so there was not much else missing to be considered a family.

As Vladislav stared down at her she smiled at him softly before leaning up and kissing him softly, he probably thought she was sounding fairly bossy and she felt bad that she was always so bossy to everyone. "I feel horrible seeing you so upset and not able to help you feel any better. Please don't do anything, my aging is not something to celebrate." Kasura said almost glumly, her birthday had never been celebrated as a child so she was used to it by now, getting older was also not something she was pleased about. Now that she was a mother and everything, her life seemed so much more older than it used to be. "I bet you miss them so much. But, At least you have us." She stated with a half-smirk, she knew that her and Demonia were probably nowhere near replacing the kids and lovers that he had lost, but at least he had someone to care for him.

Vladislav smirked, "Yeah, little miss independent. I hope you learned that you can't be like that all the time now." Vladislav could smell just how sweet Kasura was, even if her attitude at times was anything but. He enjoyed cuddling with Kasura, and wondered if he could do this for all eternity. Stay in this one position. But even he knew he could not. Demonia required a lot of attention. When she said that he should marry her, he could not help but chuckle that the thought. He did not see her as the marrying type. "You, married? I just don't see it, but I believe we should. You are the only one in the house with a different last name." So, was that it? Were they...engaged? She basically pulled the move on him first. Sure, he had strong feelings for her, but he was rather unsure if she had felt the same way. Well, now he knew at least it was just as mutual as ever.

"I think it is worth celebrating. In fact, I think I know how to celebrate it." Vladislav decided that he would save the mourning for another time, because this was Kasura's birthday. With his strong arms, he lifted Kasura up as he stood up and headed to the bedroom. He was not sure if this would be something that she wanted, but hey, they both enjoyed a night of lust. Who didn't?

Kasura allowed herself to snort softly and nodded her head carefully, of course she couldn't go back to her old ways of being moody and alone. Now she had a baby and a man to care for now, she didn't have the need to feel alone or by herself anymore when she had them in her life to give her the care that she never had as a child. Hopefully he would agree to being with her forever too, she had become far too attached to let him go that easily. Her thoughts were raging through her head as she stared up at Vladislav, she had pretty much just asked the man to marry her so it was up to him if things went further or not. "Don't laugh I'm serious." Her soft smile had faded and she almost took on a hurt look, he claimed that he didn't see her as the marrying type and although she could see where he was getting this from it didn't stop her from feeling a little hart broken because she thought he didn't want to marry her. But then Vladislav said he thought they should, and she was the only person in the house with a different name. "Really? I suppose that means were engaged then." The smile returned and before anything else was said she kissed him softly, never before had she ever thought she was going to get married, have children, and especially start a life with a man like Vladislav. The day she first met him in that bar she never would have predicted that her life would turn into this, and she was so happy that it did.

"But I said-whoa! Waaaaiiiit!" Kasura squeaked in surprise when Vladislav lifted her up and off of the couch after saying that he thought it was worth celebrating, it surprised her a little that he was that strong. Kasura knew what was happening and she had no objections to it, she liked spending time with Vladislav and it would be more than an acceptable way to spend a birthday and help him forget the unfortunate loss of his family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back