The New Friend

Kasey Blake

OOC First Name
Nishma
Wand
Holly Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Kasey walked through the grounds relaxing on the Sunday evening. It was a while for Sunset and she was done with all her homework therefore deciding to get some fresh air. Smiling to herself as she thought about her new friend Jake, the boy she had met in Three Broomsticks she walked towards the forest.

Kasey was wearing a light blue skirt that reached her knees and a body fit, short-sleeved white shirt. Her fashion state was running on light colors, making her appear more radiant and to keep her cool in this hot summer. The shady trees of the forest seemed welcoming from where she stood so for the first time after being appointed prefect, she decided that it wouldn't harm to break a rule once in three years.

Entering the forest she breathed the cool air and spin herself as if she were dancing in some invisible rain. How much she loved the liveliness of the forest and its creatures, everything that was natural, animals, flowers, water, the earth. First time she noticed how harmless the forest looked once you were in it. Smiling to herself on that thought she plucked out a beautiful flower that had grown in a bush and admired it.

Spike was out on patrol again today, because he had had a argument with Mist and she went back to the tribal leader and told him about what had happened. It was complete stupidity, all he had done was try and get her to talk about why she hated humans so much and she started to flip out. His yellow eyes darted around the forest, he was shocked that no one was out here, usually day's like this everyone came out here and just roamed the forest looking for interesting things.

The track slowly began to narrow and became so narrow that he had to walk through there with his head up high, by doing this he could see someone on the other side a girl. His body rustling through the leaves. " Hello there young girl, what brings you here?" He asked as he walked out the other side of the track and was in full view of her.

Kasey jumped as she heard a voice. At first she couldn't figure out where it had come from but as she traced the direction of the voice she saw a centaur. She had heard from many how dangerous and nasty these creatures were but Kasey had never come across one in six years of her life at Hogwarts and she was simply amazed by how handsome they looked. Kasey had a thing for animals and loved COMC therefore she wasn't scared of the centaur.

"Hi Mr.Centaur, I was just admiring the shade and the species of vegetation in the forest" she told him with a bright butterfly smile of hers. She now fully understood how real the photos in her textbooks were. The half man-half horse that stood before her was simply a creation of magic. Walking forward towards it she asked in her singing like voice "Can I pat you?"

Spike smiled seeing as it was another person he had met that wasn't petrified of him, he wasn't bad, it was more of he was misunderstood. Most people thought he was violent, but he only attacked when he was protecting the forest from attacking people. His smile widened when he heard she was looking at the vegetation around the forest. It was odd to see a human pay so much attention to plants, it was like she wasn't human at all.

" Call me spike." he replied as soon as she had said Mr Centaur, it sounded funny the way she had said it. " The vegetation in the forest is beautiful, sometimes even too beautiful to be seen by the naked eye." He said as he walked a little closer to her. " Yes you may pat me, it feel great."

Kasey's smile widened as he allowed her to call him Spike. "Thats a cool name" she commented with a grin as he told her that the vegetation was too beautiful for human eyes to see. Nodding her head in agreement, she stretched her hand and started stroking it on his back. He sure looked strong and stroking him Kasey realized just how much strength it had.

"You know Spike, I don't understand how wizards and witches dislike centaur's. Your kind is so sweet" she said with a smile her hand moving on rhythmic motion stroking the handsome creature.

" You say our kind is so sweet, you haven't met everyone from my tribe. I'm one of the odd ones out, shunned by almost all of the tribe, because I like to talk to humans, I have been given the lowest job rank." Spike said still smiling, he didn't care humans where better comany then any centaur could be.

Kasey sighed as Spike mentioned that all the centaurs weren't like him. "Don't worry Spike, for the human kind centaurs like yourself will be the best" she said with a smile. Its so bad that someone like Spike is given the lowest job rank, she thought sadly. Wondering what the job was she asked him "What is your job?"

Spike frowned at the thought of saying his job, among his people it was shameful to be given such a job. " Im the scavenger for my tribe, I have to collect food that has been left behind and distribute it to everyone else." Spike said not really wanting to say what the job was to its full extent, he usually ended up getting hurt looking for it, but it was something he had gotten used to.

Kasey heard Spike and sighed. Why is it always that the good people are treated badly she thought feeling sorry for spike. "Hopefully one day, you'll get some good. After all, although you don't like it, feeding others is like good, right?"she said hoping to show him the bright side, if there was any. "Like they owe you for keeping them alive"she explained.

" They don't care they think I am atrocious, everyone should have to find there own food, for themselves and there family's, it would be better that way." Spike said with a frown on his face, he knew she would feel sorry for the way he was treated, but he didn't want her to pity him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back