The Drage Residence 3

Unsure of what to do, Tristan held her close, stroking her soft hair. 'Shh.. You're going to be alright," he said quietly, attempting to comfort her.

"That's the thing," Estrella sobbed, her voice muffled, "I don't know if I'm going to be alright. I don't know why I'm here. I can't stand not knowing what's going on." She looked up at him, the tears frozen on her face. "Dad, I just want to go back to school."

"I wish I could promise you with answers," Tristan replied, "I truly do. But we're going to Stark Manor in a few days, and then everything will be revealed. Most of it, anyways. And you'll get to see Sophia and Elizabeth. Hang out with them too, if your behavior coincides."

Slightly agitated, Estrella pulled away from him, sitting back down on the bed and putting her face in her hands. "Ouch," she said quietly, having forgotten about her cheekbone. "It's nothing," she stated, but her father was insistant.

"Broken," Tristan muttered, pulling out his wand after observing the injury. "Lay down straight and don't move." He pushed her down, and her eyes were fearful. "I know its tempting to jump when a wand is pointed at your face, but you will regret it if you do."

Estrella heeded his words, jittery nonetheless. She willed it to just be over, but the waiting that ensued was agonizing. Her body writhed as a blast of magic hit her in the face, a warm sensation crawling under her skin. All of a sudden, there was slight snap, the relieving sound of something being put back into place. She touched her cheek with her hand, and it was smooth and back to normal.

"Thanks," she muttered quietly, her body still aching with every motion that she made.

"Would you like to come downstairs?" Tristan inquired, quite surprised at the civil exchange of conversation. "You could get something to eat or watch tv."

Estrella smiled weakly, but finally shook her head. "I'd prefer not to be around any of them. Especially, you know-"

"Ravus?" Tristan interjected angrily.

Estrella nodded. "Are there any books around here? I mean, besides those." She looked somberly towards the photo albums that had been moved to this room.

"There should be some in that closet. I'll find a few downstairs. And I'll make you a sandwich, too," Tristan said, stopping at the door with a failing attempt at a smile. Were things going to be different? He didn't know. After shutting the door, he left.

Estrella was relieved when days later, her father informed her that they were going to Stark Manor. She was told to pack, although she didn't have much.

She had been very observant over the past few days, and she had figured out something that would have caused Ravus to be violent if he knew what she knew.

Ravus eyed Estrella suspiciously as he saw two contents of the bag, old and fragrant bottles of perfume. She simply replied that she liked the smell, and Ravus, with not much reason to hit her, left her alone agitatedly.

Since no one but Tristan wanted to take the warmer and more convenient van, they all stood outside, bundled up in winter clothing.

"We are all going to Stark Manor, correct?" Tristan inquired.

"I have some business to attend to, but yes, I will be there," Ravus said coldly. With a last scathing look at Estrella, he disapparated with a pop.

Nodding to everyone else, Tristan grabbed Estrella's shoulders, pulling her in tight. They couldn't afford any splinching at the moment. With audible popping sounds, they all disapparated in the evening light.

((WOOHOO!!! DONE!! now stark manor 4!!!!))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back