The day I met Regina

Jonathan Holland

The past few months have been nothing but up and down for Jon. He could no longer tell what was right or wrong. If you ask him who do you truly love, he wouldn't be able to tell you. He would just stare and sigh shaking his head, and without another word he would just walk by and go about his business. He wasn't the same anymore, the meaning of life was pointless. Everytime he tried to sleep he couldn't breath, staying awake for nearly endless nights weren't doing any good for Jon. Worrying about his sister whereabouts, his feelings for Zazuka, and his relationship with Zehava had a lot to do with the stress he was feeling, Jon felt helpless but asked for no pity. On his usual walk, Jon decided to visit the pier that was hanging on the edge of Harbour point. Instead of treading the plier unsteady wood, Jon sat down near a bench with his back crouch forward. Like any man who felt they couldn't move on any longer, Jon just sat trying to sort out the mess he wanted so bad to go away.

Regina strolled down the road feeling quite bored wiht being cooped up all on her own in her shabby little grunge apartment. She apparaited to the place she came to relax at. Agreeing to live incognito across the U.K was starting to get on her nerves and she needed to escape, with being in the magical realm, she felt more freedom within her soul. She felt like she didn't have to be watched all the time to feel safe. This place was all she needed. And it was more than enough. SHe headed up to the pier and looked over at the water. Looking over to her right, she noticed a guy sitting alone, quite masculine in his face and body. It was rare for any guy like that to be sitting by himself, body language all sad and gloomy. Like Regina did, she went up to him, and saw if she could put a smile on his face. "Hey there." She said, and beamed at him, sitting next to the sad guy, and patting his back. "Nice weather we're having innit?" She asked in her thick American accent. She wondered what the matter was, and if she should be there right now. What did it hurt, trying to make friends?

Jon looked up, only to blink out of his thoughts, wondering if he was that pathetic for someone to just come up to him and comfort him the way she had done. "I don't know I guess." he shrugged as he lean up more, so now that his back was resting against the wooden bench. Letting out a deep sighed, still staring at the girl as if she was the oddest human he ever did laid eyes on. "If you like the cold or soon approaching spring" he added, looking away now as he did. Even though everything around him felt so numb, his emotions but were haywire, so his sense of feeling were getting harder to recognising. Jon looked back at the girl and noted right away she wasn't from here, by the way she was speaking. Immediately Jon could recognise her American accent, his being a mixture of British with a little less Latin flavour added to it, Jon wonder why he was do focus on what the girl sounded like at the moment. "Guessing your not from around here? Are you he?" he took a shot out of it, with his back still leaning against his bench, as his eyes study the girl features, and already coming to conclusion that she wasn't at all.

Regina smiled at him and shook her head. "No I'm from West Virgina, USA." Somehow she felt comfortable telling this complete stranger where she lived. It didn't really phaze her that much. She nodded her head, feeling quite awkward as a strange silence fell over them both. "I'm Regina. What's your name?" She asked with a smile, and tucked her legs under herself. The cool air was nice, the way it hit her was lovely. She grimaced at his response, and wondered, what the matter was, and if this guy was the type of emotional and dismal person she hated to be around.

"Jon" he blurted out loud without thinking. West, Virginia? Jon question wondering where in the U.S that was located. "Near V-Tech? Nascar?" Jon thoughts flow from his lips. He never went to Virginia, his family only had visited Boston, and Hawaii if they consider that a state. Jon knew he was coming a little headstrong, his posture not helping as he came out a little intimidated. Letting his shoulders roll back, so that he seemed relaxed. Jon let his breath catch up to him, his eyes retrieving back the warmth they said it was inheritance characteristics from his mother. "Sorry just one of those days..."

Regina smiled and nodded. "Yeah I know how it gets." She felt like she had nothing to say she didn't really respsond to his rushed tones, she just layed back and nodded her head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back