The Burrow

Arthur Weasley

Arthur sat down at the dinner table, waiting quietly as Molly prepared Christmas dinner. She was in high spirits, as Percy, Charley and George would be coming for the holiday. Percy would be bringing his children, he wasn't sure about Charlie and most exciting of all, George would be bringing along a girlfriend.

He had been wondering for a while when George would finally find someone, and he was hoping that she was a nice girl and it would last.

He waited for someone to come through the door, as they all would be there any moment now.

Percy had just apparated down behind a hill, and made his way to the Burrow, which he hadn't been at for a while now. He knocked on the door and waited for a reply, though he wasn't sure how he was going to tell his parents Zoe-Hope wouldn't be going home for that Christmas, demanding to stay at school.

Molly fussed over the stove, checking on the different food she had cooking ready for the Christmas meal. She wanted everything to be perfect. It wasn't often that she got to see her children nowadays, all of them having long since flown the nest, as it were, and she missed mothering them dearly. She was wearing her best robes, her cooking apron over the top so as to protect them from any food related mishaps, and she eagerly smoothed them out, insistent that she looked her best - especially seeing as George was bringing a guest along this year.

She turned her head towards the door as she heard a knock, and a loud 'ting' sound indicated that some of her cooking was almost ready.

"Arthur, dear, could you get that for me?" She asked as she opened the oven door, a cloud of steam escaping.

"Percy!" Arthur exclaimed as he opened the door. "How have you been? I haven't seen you for so long!"

He looked around, noticing that Percy was alone. "Where is the rest of the family?" he inquired, hoping that the news would be good.

Percy walked in, "Hello, father, mother," He said, "Unfortunatly, Zoe-Hope wanted to stay at Hogwarts for the Holidays, though I am quite sure that she will come over the summer break, I'm sorry" He said in a sad tone of voice.

"Percy! Lovely to see you dear!" Molly smiled from behind Arthur. She bustled around him and biefly enveloped Percy in a hug before pulling away. "Such a shame about Zoe-Hope, though." She frowned.

A loud poof echoed from the fireplace, and Molly turned her head sharply in that direction.

Charlie brushed himself down as he emerged from the fireplace, smoothing a smudge of soot from his top. He'd decided to floo in rather than the more polite knock-on-the-door method, as he was running a little late. He ran a hand through his messy hair.

Spotting eveyone gathered in the kitchen, he made his way over. "Mum, Dad..." he smiled. He looked over at Percy. "Perce." He said with a brief nod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back