The Black Estate

Garett Black

Garett apparated with a pop to the steps of an old cottage, the place he was never at but the only place he could call home. As Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place was infested with blood traitors, his family had been forced to live in a new home.

"Are you alright, Liz?" he asked, letting go of her hand and allowing her to recooperate.

Liz's reflexes acted the moment he let go of her hand. She shot hers back at his, not wanting to let go. Taking a deep breath, Liz felt relief as air flew through her lungs again. Her pulse returned to normal.

If there was one thing she didn't like to show, it was fear. "I'm okay," her face morphed into a small smile. "Are you... okay?"

Liz looked at their surroundings. It was nice, serene.

"I'm okay as I ever will be," Garett laughed, "I just wanted to get away for a few seconds. Everything is alright now that I'm with you." He motioned to the house. "We can't stay long, but there's my place. I'm never there, though."

Liz grinned. "Stole the words out of my mouth." her face fell, knowing that they really couldn't stay long. "So... can I have a brief tour before I end up confined at Snake-man's place?"

"Snake man?" Garett said, raising his eyebrow. "If you mean Serpentes, you're not going there. You'll be staying at Stark Manor." He moved towards the house, and continued, "Yeah, I'll give you a quick tour." He led her to the door, pulling her inside.

Liz shrugged. "Oh, we seemed to be staying at the leader's home last time. I was wondering if we were following suit."

She pushed back her mopey mood, and followed his lead.

((Wait, not at Serpentes's? x_x everything is changing! AHHH))

There was a small, clean kitchen, and he showed her around most of the house, which was small and seemingly insignificant. "I wish I had Number Twelve Grimmauld Place to call my own, but the blood traitor's took over that long ago."

Liz roughly slid out of her bliss at being with Garett again.

"Blood traitors. That term is ridiculous." she bit her lip, trying to stop herself from getting too angry. "They believe something very different from what you believe. And although, I'm sorry they stole your house, I thought you would have come to see by now. I'm a blood traitor as you use the term. And you don't hate me... why should you hate all others?"

Liz wished that she could have fallen in love with someone who wasn't actively against her beliefs. The word 'unconventional' was a massive understatement for their relation ship.
She wished they could see the world from the same side.

"It's different with you," Garett replied quietly, taken aback by her response. He didn't exactly feel like explaining himself, either. Although he loved her, he was a death eater, and for some reason no one could see that.

Liz immediately sobered. She was just frustraited. Liz wanted to be able to introduce Garett to her friends, Courtney, George, and others. He'd already met George, and that hardly ended well for either of them. Liz wanted to openly be in love, but that didn't seem possible.

And her feelings were the mirror image of his. "I'm sorry." she bit her lip and looked down to her shoes. "It's... it's different with you too," she said seriously.

"Don't be disheartened," Garett said, lifting up her chin with his finger to kiss her, "We're both in the same boat."

"We better get going," Garett said, "Before they really start wondering what we're up to. No one knows about us, Liz, and I'd like to keep it that way for as long as possible."

He led her by the hand out the door, and with an apologetic gaze, he disapparated the both of them.

((We're going to Stark Manor. If you want me to change this, Liz, just tell me. :p ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back