Spring Break

Fenton Longestine

Wand
12 1/2" ash and willow mix with thestral hair core
The weather was still warm though most definitely cooler than when he had been here previously. He seriously didn't know why he had returned at all, Harrison had gone back home and he had too for a while. Fenton had finally convinced his parents to let him transfer next year and without thinking it through, had come directly to New Zealand bursting to tell Andromeda the good news. At least he thought it was good news, hopefully she would see it the same way.
Pulling off the light sweater he wore, Fenton was left with a fitted black ti-shirt and black skinny jeans. Tying the sweater around his waist he wandered through the park just on the entrance to Brightstone. He knew without a doubt that this weekend was a free one and he so wanted to see her.

He ran a hand lightly through his blond ruffled hair, trying to think of how he could say it. Was blurting it out really the best way? She did consider him only as a friend, which naturally didn't sit well with him but the fact that she had been moping about a boy from her school at Christmas time doing her best to get over him, might just be the shove Fenton felt he had needed. He could always say he wasn't transferring for her, Aries was at the school after all and Harrison was going to be able to return to his grandmothers more and more now as well. It would be like the old gang was back. With a renewed vigour and a bright dazzling smile on his face he kicked a stone along the pathway. He'd just tell her simply, it wasn't like he was going to declare his undying love for her after all.

After leaving Bruin who was intent on heading back to the school to get some extra study in, Andy had decided to go and stroll about in the park. It was such a nice day and she was enjoying every minute of it. The walk back to the school with Bruin would have been wonderful too but she had been hoping to bump into Zuka or even Kat. So far there had been no sign of either and as she entered the park, a very different familiar face greeted her. She blinked at first, not sure whether she could believe her eyes or not and then a wide smile spread across her face and she was calling out to him.

"Fenton" she almost squealed with delight, the last time he had seen her she had been all but depressed about the situation between herself and Bruin or to put it properly the lack of a situation but that was all different now. She took a skip and a run before throwing herself practically at him, flinging her arms about his neck and kissing his cheek. Fenton was one of her closest friends who she considered a brother of sorts.
"When did you get here? why didn't you write to let me know?"

He heard his name and then looking up thought someone had punched him in the gut, she was beaming at him. Andy was here and was smiling at him, obviously thrilled to see him and before he could respond she was hurtling down the path to him and within seconds her arms were about his neck and she was kissing his cheek. Fenton couldn't help it, his arms went about her and it was by sheer dumb luck that he didn't see it coming otherwise he would have turned his head and be planting a smacker right on her lips. He was content for now to hold her close though, to inhale the scent of roses that he always associated with her.
"Whoa there with the questions" he smiled at her, holding her out at arms length before pulling her back in again. This time he couldn't help it, couldn't resist the pull. His hands were holding her arms as he lowered his head to hers and before she could speak or react his mouth was claiming hers.

Andy was thrilled to see him, he held her out to halt the flow of questions and before she knew it he was pulling her to him again and then... his mouth was on hers and with eyes wide open, Andy nearly blew a gasket. Her first reactions she always thought were her best and though he was supposed to be a good friend, he had just over stepped the mark big time. Her hand came up fast and smacked the side of his face with a resounding crack.
She stepped back fast and glared at him wide eyed.
"Fenton! what are you doing?" the next action was to wipe her mouth, the mouth she used to kiss her boyfriend. Thanking her lucky stars that Bruin hadn't been here to see this or he would have punched Fenton's lights out, Andy now stood with hands on hips waiting for his answer and hoping it was a bloody good one.

He felt the slap and grimaced. He had forgotten she could hit like any boy he had ever known. Stepping back as she did, he could only smirk at her. Whatever happened now, he would carry that kiss with him to the grave. Ok so she hadn't kissed back but his lips had touched hers and that was a fact, as true as the redness on his cheek from the imprint of her hand. Fenton looked at her standing with hands on hips glaring at him and had the strongest urge to want to simply kiss her again but managed to stop himself this time.

"Sorry" he shrugged, running a hand through his hair "I got carried away on seeing you. Come on you know how I feel about you, it was only ever going to be a matter of time before... well, before I kissed you. Of course it'd have been nicer if you had kissed me back".

Andy should have known better than to go flinging her arms about him, he was right. She had known that he liked her certainly not the way she felt about him. Aries and Harrison had warned her time and again that Fenton had a huge crush on her but still she attempted to side track it and be friends. Up till now it had worked and perhaps if she hadn't been with Bruin she might have begun to consider him that way. He was good looking and he was so much fun and a total bright spark to boot but the fact remained, she was with Bruin and was beyond any type of happy she had ever been before in her life. Nothing was going to jeopardize that.

"Fenton, I'm never going to be kissing you back. I'm dating someone" she sighed with exasperation, stuffing her hands into her jeans pockets instead, "You can't just go kissing someone because you feel like it, trust me I know. It just isn't worth it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back