Sneeking About.....Falling In Love.

Joe Walker

Wand
Mahogany Wand 14" Essence of Unicorn Hair
Joe Walker knew that the Gryffindor Common-Room was on the Seventh-Floor somewhere, and as he climbed the steps towards the seventh-floor, he just hoped for dear-life that Maddy was in there, or he was quite frankly stuffed. As Joe approached the common-room, he waited outside, knowing that he wouldn't get in without the password. The portrait for Hufflepuff was much nicer than this one, and Joe wondered whether the portrait would get him into trouble for lurking outside the wrong houses common room. But Joe didn't care, if he was meeting Maddy here, then it was worth a detention or two; all he wanted was to see one of his best-mates again. They were so close now it practically felt like their first-date.

Madlyn, happen to have been adventuring the corridors for quite sometimes. With a batch of gummy worms and her mind else where, she couldn't hear her maroon converse shoelaces coming undone or did she see where she walking too.There was a big lump popping out of the rug that went unnoticed , the fabric had torn away from its pattern and cause this big lump to appeared in the middle of the corridors. Without watching her step, Madlyn came trembling down right on the lump, gummy worms went flying everywhere. She could hear her knees scrape against the fabric of the rug, she groan in pain.

"Ow! she curled herself to sit up. The skin had tear in place, not that big but it was sure irritating her. When she falls,it hurts a lot more cause she was taller and the impact of her fall was greater than a normal person. Despite being in pain, she held the pain in. She didn't want to sound like a baby, besides it was just a little scrape in the knees, it was the impact of her fall that was hurting now. Looking around the corridors, she wonder if anyone was around to at least help her. That would be useless, but it was worth than brawling over in pain. She hesitated, than let out a call. "Hey. anyone out there? Need a bit of help over here" she said calmly.

As Joe lurked outside the Gryffindor Common-Room, he heard a loud thump from the ground, that he could feel it vibrating underneath his feet, before a mystery person called out. He immediately ran down the stairs to help the poor person out, they had obviously fallen over. Joe was a kind and loving person, he always wanted to help someone out, it was just him.

Joe was shocked as he recognized the mystery figure to be his dear-old-friend Maddy. He ran over to her, crouching down next to her as he reached her. "Hey...are you okay? I heard that from the top of the stairs..." He told Maddy, hoping that the girl who was quickly becoming his best-friend, and a slight crush, wasn't too badly hurt, despite the scrape against her knees that she had gotten from falling-over.

Madlyn would have preferred a professor to come to her aid, or least a few of her Gryffindor friends. She was surprise to see Joe Walker climbing down the stairs to help her out. She stared at the boy, glue to the fact he was all the way up here in the first place. Fourth floor was the location of the Hufflepuff's command room. "Joe, erm what are you doing here?" she blush slightly, she must've seem real stupid sitting there with a scrape knee. With all that ruckus they say about giants and their intelligence level, she was making difficult to prove that was wrong. Now he's going to think I'm slow and all, she pouted in shame.

"I lost my balance while walking, my shoelace came undone and i fell over that lump over there"
she said pointing to where a collective of the rug was growing into a lump because someone cut the rug thread apart. "And my gummy bears are pretty much a waste, look at that" she said where a scatter lot of them were thrown in the ground when she fell. "It's not that bad I just need to sit here for a little while, stay with me if you want too?" she invited the space right next to her. It was better being here with someone than alone. She wish for him to stay with her.

Joe fell into position next to Maddy as she offered-up the space next to her. "Well as-long as you're okay.....silly mats eh?" He told her jokingly, trying to make her smile. "And of course I'll stay here with you.....I'd never leave such a good-friend all alone." Joe told Maddiie as he looked around the stairs to see who else was around. He wondered what the other students thought of the pair of them sat there alone together. He decided to answer her earlier question about his whereabouts. "Oh and I dunno why I'm up here....." Joe said, he didn't want to reveal the real-reason as to why he was here.

He had come-up here looking for Maddy, but he was too embarrassed to tell her that. Joe wasn't one for making his crushes blatantly obvious to the whole wide-world and definitely not to Maddy.....the girl he had the crush on. "I guess I just fancied a walk.....and then ended up here....." He told her, knowing that his story sounded so fake, but it was better than the embarrassing fact that was the truth. He had a crush on Maddy and there was nothing he could do about it, it had to come out sooner or later.

"Oh, well that's so funny, I end up falling and your here to save me from boredom" she smile through the pain of her leg still hurting. Her knees were bout bang up but she could still offer happy Joe a smile anytime. He was like the closes friend she had in Hogwarts. From the first few she could count the, Joe was really up there. Plus a very secret crush she had on him, it's a bit weird as she was taller than Joe Walker. And if she told him, he probably won't know how to react to her liking him. ANYBODY would feel weird if a part giant girl like them in that way. Sometimes she seriously envied her sister for being tall but normal tall not like Madlyn, she been born tall like her father and she was afraid she wouldn't stop growing at all.

"You know you never really did tell me where you was born or anything like that" she said leaning up against the wall, while sitting straight with her hands cuff with her owns. "I feel like you never did and all, with your accent. It's different than my American Northern farmer accent" she chuckle. Much like her father but his was deep and full of wisdom. He spoke like everything had a meaning, from the animals that cross the waters to the blowing wind, every little thing had its purpose. Sometimes he can seem like a broken record! "So where do you hail from puff boy?" she asked tilting her head to the side.

Joe joined Maddy as she sat up against the wall. He leant his back against the wall as he listened to her speak. He found it enthralling to listen to her, and loved how she was always herself, no matter what. "Anytime my good friend." He told her before listening to Maddy ramble on so more. Although, Joe would never get bored of Maddy's rambling, infact, he loved listening to her. He really liked her, it was a little odd that he fancied a part-giant, but he couldn't help it, he had to tell her somehow.....but he hadn't a clue how to.

Joe was happy to tell Maddy where he was from, but he didn't want to depress her with his past too much, so he hoped that she wouldn't go there. "I'm from Scotland - Glasgow.....I came over here with my family, but I live with my brother Dec.....when I'm not here at Hogwarts that is....." He trailed off, Joe knew that Dec would be seriously amused by a part-giant. Dec was so much of a baby for a 20 Year-Old Guy. "And what about you? North America huh?" He questioned, wanting to know more about Maddy.

"I kinda figure you was from that part but I'm no good with knowing the states and cities of England"she shrug still rather confused. "Yeah I am from North Dakota and my dad from there too but he live amongst his fellow native American" she explain in full detailed about her unusual background. most kids here weren't like Madlyn or her friend Makaylah. She found a set of twins who were also Native American, but she's never actually spoken to them. They were a year behind, most of the younger kids stray away from Madlyn. She don't care for them much anyways, she had enough friends from her fellow third years.

"My mom is also Native but not as much as my father, she has a weird mix to her. She has Italian and since we move to Ireland when I was younger my sister has a bit of that too" she stop talking. She could sense when she was rambling when someone just stares and don't say anything. If my leg wasn't hurting right now she thought in the back of her mind. It be nice to take a walk, at least with Joe I can never be bored! That was the truth, so far they've had a food fight and bit of comedy during breakfast! She could never say she was bored, this time it seem different, he was acting more shy than he usually was, "Joe something wrong?" she had to ask, cause his behavior stroke her odd!

Joe listened to every single word that Maddy spoke and loved listening to the sound of her voice. Her accent was heart-warming and Joe was really beginning to take a liking to Maddy now.....as in a 'more than friends' kinda way. He found it interesting to hear about her family, but was a bit hesitant to tell her about his, it still upset him a little bit, after all he was only young, and as much as Joe trusted Maddy, he didn't want to cry infront of his best-ever-friend.

Joe's mind had wandered off into a day-dream about his family, and how happy they could've been living together if disaster hadn't struck. He was just about to get a bit too carried-away by his dream, when the voice of Maddy brought him back down to earth with a thump. "Ah, sorry, I was just away with fairies....." He trailed off, hoping he'd be able to think of a decent excuse for his strange behavior today. "Actually I was just thinking about how pretty you look today.....despite the dodgy knee." Joe could've kicked himself for saying that out-loud, that thought was meant to stay in his head, and only his head. Now it was obvious that Joe liked Maddy, and it was going to be interesting to see how Maddy would react to such a kind-compliment.

Madlyn was looming in and out of her thoughts just like Joe. Except she was thinking what could possibly be bothering her closes friend ever in school. She thought maybe it's what she said or Joe was being very private about the rest of his family. If she offended him in anyways, she was about to apologize for asking. Joe is the last person she wanted to offend in anyway, she will be crush to lose him as a friend. She will be more than that, maybe upset and furious if she lost him. Hurt, maybe to much. She look pass her friend, her eyes drifting away from their scenery. She was trying to figure this out, like a math problem Madlyn wasn't getting it...

Till she heard something that pull her back to reality quickly. A blush rose against her cheeks, it spread quickly across her cheeks. Her olive face becoming close to a rose complexion. "Umm thanks Joe, your very nice looking today , ummm too" she pushed her head down, thinking what the hell did I just do? It was just an innocent compliment, nothing more. She look up again, smiling. Madlyn was very new to do, very new. The closes she went on liking someone who was a male was her little cousin back in North Dakota, the twins she thought about them. They were her cousin and the cutest thing ever, Joe was her friend, closes friend she ever had with a guy. This feeling confuse her and please her at the same time, she didn't want it to be complicated between the two, but what can she do?

Joe appreciated the returned compliment, even if her blushing was blatantly obvious, it was cute, and Joe was comforted by the fact that Maddy seemed to understand him in just the right way. "Thanks." He told her, feeling slightly awkward about the whole situation, but secretly loving every single minute of it.

Joe looked deeply into Maddy's eyes as a cheeky smile grew on his face, which was then soon followed by a laugh. "So urm.....this isn't awkward." He joked, continuing to laugh hysterically. Joe looked around to see if anyone else was around, the moving-steps seemed to be be fairly quiet today, the perfect time to get a little closer to his best-ever-friend. Joe smiled sweetly as the laughter calmed, he then leaned in on the spur of the moment and quickly kissed Maddy's cheek, before he waited for her reaction.

"No I don't think it's weird, unless you feel the way"her voice grew quiet, her eyes clash with his. It was odd though, she could sense it. If he could sense than maybe that's why he ask if this was awkward or not? "My parents get along well, my mom being a very small woman-" she pause mid-sentence his kiss sent the blush spreading horribly like a wild fire. Her first kiss by a boy and he did it more like a friendly gesture if anything that's how it felt. "You must be telling me more if your kissing me there" she squeeze that whole sentences from her tight chest. Madlyn fail to react normal around her best friend now, she felt like disable whistle, unable to breath or exhale if that made any sense to both of them. or was the word just suddenly fuzzy to her?
OOCOut of Character:
Sorry it's weird blame my muse

OOCOut of Character:
No Worries. :) Ah sorry wrong character.

Joe smiled at Maddy's reaction to his kiss. It was an unusual reaction, but Joe liked it none-the-less. "Maybe I Am." He told her playfully. "Maybe I like you an awful lot, and have done for quite a while now." Joe said, beginning to get a little bit more serious about the whole possibility of yet another relationship happening rather soon. "What do you think?" He asked, wondering if Maddy felt the same way about him.

"Okay honestly in all honestly I really always liked you Joe" Madlyn sense the seriousness in their conversation. Now all of a sudden her leg wasn't the subject anymore, now it was Joe confessing and Madlyn sort of...?"I was afraid if I tell you, you wouldn't have felt the same and our friendship will never be the same. I didn't want to mess that up" she shrug. situation was rather sticky for her, she blame Mandela for making it hard for her! Girl talk before Mandela left to New York did no good for her right now.

"What I'm saying is that I like you too.." she smile. "More than just friends..

OOCOut of Character:
xD

Joe's already wide smile widened as Maddy told him that she infact liked him too. "So what does this mean? I guess we're like.....boyfriend and girlfriend? Maybe?" He asked her nervously as he shifted in a little closer to her. "But this is only gonna work if we both promise one thing....." Joe paused cheekily. "That we keep up the laughs and the food-fights." Joe told her mischievously before leaning up and giving her yet another small peck on the cheek.

"Yeah I guess soo" she blushed, "And yes, very much like to keep up with our crazy fun time" Madlyn chuckle, nudging him. She let him kiss her again, her stomach flipping like a hazard object. It felt like millions and trillions needles were just poking at her stomach, this must be the feeling of having a boyfriend. It's not so bad, but my gawd my freaking face is beat red!"Now to figure how to sort my leg" she hid her face away from him, the feeling was exciting and nerve wrecking. She could feel her palm sweet and her legs pinch tight by the incredibly whole new feeling.

OOCOut of Character:
Now you can invite Antonio xD

Joe smiled as Maddy agreed with him that they should keep-up the fun-times even though they were now 'going-out.' "Good, 'cause otherwise I'd start missing it, and that would just be rubbish." He said with a childish laugh before listening to Maddy speak about getting her leg sorted-out. "Urm, yeah maybe we should get you to the hospital-wing." He told her as he pushed himself onto his knees before standing-up and holding his hand out for Maddy to take hold-of so that she could help herself-up. "Come-on." He said with a sweet-smile. It wouldn't be much of a stretch for the abnormally tall-girl to grab Joe's hand, not that Joe minded having a tall-girlfriend one-single-bit. Infact, it made him love Maddy even more.

Doctor Antonio Cabri had gotten bored of hanging round the practically empty hospital-wing, so had gone on a wander of the school, in hope that he would find some injured-student, that would make his time here all worthwhile. So far, Ant had found nothing to do, and was beginning to think that there was no point in being employed here in the first-place, but that was when Antonio approached the seventh-floor and found two helpless kids, one sat on the stairs, and the other stood-up.

The handsome doctor rushed over to them and crouched down besides the injured-girl. "Hello There." He said in his deep-Italian accent. "I'm the new-doctor here, Doctor Cabri, but you can call me Antonio, or Ant." He told the students, he didn't see why they should have to call him Doctor Cabri when they were perfectly capable of remembering his first-name. "So what are both of your names?" The young-doctor asked them both before turning to Maddy. "And what did you do to your leg?" He asked, trying to get a bit of background as to how she had hurt herself, before he started making any judgements on how badly she had damaged herself.

"I would say to go fetch a healer, instead of you trying to help me physically" she joke with Joe. "And if it's that serious, you can always ask for my dad, he's up the north towers" she tried getting up, but her injure leg gave out. The leg had swelled while they had been there the entire time. Her leg look resemble a swollen balloon, that give you a basic idea how bad it got. However she had figure somehow sitting here for almost an hour had made her leg swell on purpose. This would be the longest time she been on a floor for this long, so it was like a first time for her. It look disfigured, out of place.

A healer happen to be walking by and rush to Madlyn, her hand fell right on to Joe she wasn't giving up. She bout to kneel, but thank goodness he came. "I think I just need a potion and maybe some chocolate to help the swelling" she smile at the doctor. "I'm Madlyn and this my boy-boyfriend" she stuttered. "Joe, he ah was trying to help me" she blush once more, her face beat red like a lobster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back