Reunited.

Cedric O'Neil

OOC First Name
Jessinator
Wand
11 1/2", Rosewood, Dragon Heartstring, Rigid.
Cedric O'Neil looked at the letter in his hand. It was most peculiar... a letter addressed to him by his younger sister. Ashlyn rarely wrote to him. It wasn't as though the siblings were estranged, rather that both were quite busy with their respective jobs. This letter put forth the most curious of invitations. To be at the Leaky Cauldron at seven in the evening. There was, apparently, someone who Ashlyn though Cedric would like to see.

He lifted his gaze from the parchment and scanned the pub with his eyes. No one looked particularly familiar, except for a fellow that he briefly worked with in the Gobstone division of the Department of Magical Games. Hmmm. That couldn't possibly be who his sister was referring to. As it was, Cedric shot the man a nod before returning to nurse his butterbeer. He silently cursed Ashlyn. If this was a prank of sorts, then he would go to any lengths to get her back. Of that much ,he was certain.

Demyx sat in the corner of the pub, hidden in shadow and a seat behind his old friend. He had been sitting there, watching, for the better part of twenty minutes, wondering how to approach his old best friend. It was exactly easy. Leaving Cedric and Ashlyn had been the hardest thing Demyx had ever done, and he knew it had hurt them. And now, to just walk back into their lives? Could he hurt them that much? Well he was already engaged to Ashlyn, which was another reason he was dreading this encounter.

He downed the last of what was now his fifth firewhiskey, trying to calm his nerves, and numb the amount of pain he would feel when Cedric hit him, as Dem knew he would. He friend had always been prone to hit first, ask questions later. Demyx got up from the table, and took as seat opposite Cedric, trying to smile as his best friend. "Cedric... Its been too long." he said, smiling at the fact he knew Cedric though him dead. This would be a very big night.

When Cedric heard his name, he jumped, his knees hitting the table and nearly sending his bottle of butterbeer toppling over. He grabbed onto it before it could crash over, and stared at Demyx as though he was seeing a ghost. Well, he practically was, at any rate. His former best friend had dropped off the face of the earth five years ago, shortly after he turned eighteen. What could possibly explain this sudden return?

"Demyx..... hello." He muttered out, blinking quite a few times at the sight of the other. A pleased smile soon seized his lips and he slapped his hand agaisnt Demyx's. "Long time no see, mate. Thought you were dead after..." He trailed off, trying to shake the memories of that night from his vision. It'd be no good to bring that up now. "Doesn't matter. You're back now. But how in Merlin's name does my SISTER know before I do?"

Demyx grinned, and shook Cedrics hand as his friend started to warm up to him again. It felt good having his best friend back, and as Dem sat there, seeing how good the years had been to Cedric, he felt a strange sense of hope that everything was going to be all right. "Haha yes, i have alot of explaining to do, i know... But that can wait until later, for now, lets just have a drink and catch up." he said, smiling and ordering two whiskeys.

The last question caught him off guard, and out of pure reflex, he pulled his right hand off the table, trying to hide his new ring. "Oh... Well um," he said, wondering how to say this, and then decided against telling him that instant. "We ran into each other little over two weeks ago. Ive been meeting to catch up with you sooner, but ive been on an assignment." he explained, and sipped at his newly arrived whiskey.

"Sure. Of course." Cedric gestured to the empty seat across from him until Demyx sat down. It was difficult for Cedric to look away, as hew saw how much Demyx had changed since they were those crazy seventeen year old boys with not a care in the world except girls and quidditch. Oh, those were the days indeed. He drummed his fingers on the tabletop, a curious expression on his face. What a weird feeling. It was as though he was reunited with his other half... platonically, of course.

"Life hasn't been right without you, you git," Cedric stated, exhaling loudly. So much had happened in his family since then. He had just attributed it all to growing up. He clinked his fresh glass of whiskey against Demyx's, but was quick to notice the hurried motion as he hid his right hand. "Strange that Lissy hasn't told me anything about your encounter with her," He mused, reverting to using Ashlyn's childhood nickname, derived from her middle name. "Say, was that a ring on your hand? Who's the lucky lady? And I better be the best man at the wedding."

Demyx chuckled, watching his friend as he sipped his drink. Times had changed indeed. Demyx could still remember all the trouble they had gotten into as adolesant teens. Raiding bars, and pretending to be german, or french, or whatever it was that girls had wanted to hear. Quidditch at school, and fights whenever ego's ran too high. Those had been the glory days, and in honesty, Demyx would have done anything to have them back... Well, before he had gotten engaged.

Demyx sighed to himself when Cedric mentioned Ashlyn, and felt his stomach churn when he also mentioned the ring. This was it. This was the moment that would make or break Demyx, and he sure as hell hoped he wasnt about to lose Cedrics friendship over this. "Huh... Well. This was something i wanted to talk to you about. You see well..." he said, everything building up to this moment. "Its Ashlyn... Im engaged to Ashlyn, and i know its late, but im asking for your blessing." he said, bracing himself for the hit.

The elation on Cedric's face quickly turned to an expression of confusion, then wide eyed horror. Ah, so this was his devious little sister's purpose in getting them together. It wasn't about Demyx wishing to reconnect. It never was. Cedric slammed his glass of whiskey down on the table and shoved away from it. A rage was now blinding him, something that he had grown used to in Demyx's presence. Cedric had always been the one to throw the first punch.

"You asked her to marry you!? Jesus bloody christ, Demyx!" He shouted. Red dots appeared in front of his eyes as anger took over, and before he knew it he had knocked Demyx to the ground with the sheer force of his fist to Dem's jaw. For the moment, Ced forgot he had a wand on him, and that magic was infinitely more violent than any muggle brawling could be. He delivered a strong kick to Dem's side then trudged out the back of the Leaky Cauldron. Once in the alleyway, he pulled out a cigarette and lit it up, taking a long drag. Smoking had always been his worse vice.

No matter how much Demyx had drunk, or how much he had braced himself for it, the sheer force of the hit still suprised Demyx like no other. He crashed onto the ground, and thought he felt a rib crack as the kick smashed into his chest. Cedric had always been the better brawler of the two, and he definately showed it in this specticle. Demyx groaned as he pulled himself from the ground, feeling hot blood roll down his lip, and tasting that gross metalicy liquid. Ced's punch must had glanced off to hit his nose.

Demyx apologised to the bartender, who was more surprised that someone had landed a hit on Demyx, let alone done that much damage, and grabbed a bottle of whiskey as he made his way out back. He found Cedric smoking, and grinned at his best friend. "Your punch is a tough as i remember." he chuckled, pulling a smoke from his own packet, now feeling safe enough to reveal his habbit. He lit it up and took a draw, sighing as he leaned against the wall.

Cedric's knuckles were a bit sore, but he didn't really notice. He was still shaking with anger as he headed into the alleyway. How inconsiderate for Demyx not to ask his permission first! Hadn't their rule always been something along the lines of bros before... well, insert misogynistic word for promiscuous females here. Not to mention Ashlyn was hardly right in the head after witnessing Jerard's death. And this was so spontaneous for both of them! Cedric had a lot to be upset about.

But, like in most circumstances, he felt that anger web away as he smoked. He had his arms crossed defensively over his chest as took another long drag, and it wasn't long before his damn best friend joined him. "So am I still going to be the best man?" He remarked dryly, sticking the cigarette between his fingers. He snatched the bottle of whiskey from Demyx's hand and took a long drink of it. He would need it.

Demyx watched Cedric curiously, watching him seethe with anger, and then watched it slowly fade away. He couldnt help but grin at his best friend, and knew that he was off the hook when Cedric snatched the bottle of whiskey. He chuckled, taking another puff on his smoke, before slapping his best friend on the shoulder. "Of course. I wouldnt have anyone else for the position." he said, grinning and started leading the way down through the alley towards the main street. They needed a nice long walk in the fresh night sky.

Demyx pondered the upcoming wedding, and all the planning they had to get through. It was starting to give him a headache, and a sudden thought hit him. "You know, at least now we're brothers.... Not that we havent always been, but now its... Official, in a sense." he said, breaking the silence as he took the bottle back from Ced and sculled a bit.

Cedric rolled his eyes. In some ways, his mannerisms resembled Ashlyn's. They were siblings, despite how distanced they were as of lately. He took another long pull of the whiskey, then handed the bottle back over to Demyx. He finished up his cigarette and stubbed it out with his toe. "Spare me the emotion, Demon Bane. We might nearly be brothers, but that won't stop me from kicking your arse, lad." He shook his head.

"Have you even asked my father about it?" Ced questioned as he followed Demyx along towards the street. Demx hardly had to fear Aiden O'Neil. He was a healer with his head in the clouds. It was more Ced's mum that he should have been weary off. "I'm still don't think this is a good idea. If you leave her, I'll kick your ass." He grumbled, trying to be grumpy but it was difficult with the idiotic warmth spreading through him.

Demyx shook his head and laughed, watching the sick look on Cedrics face as they walked down the street, bottle of whiskey in hand, thinking about just how much life had changed. He could hardly believe it himself. Barely six years ago they had walked down this exact path, drunk and doing stupid things. The only differences were that Dem's family woul have still be alive, and Demyx wouldnt be engaged to Ashlyn.

He sighed at Cedric asked if he had asked Aiden about the wedding. He hadnt really taken into account that he should have asked permission, but then, when had Dem been one for tradition. "Well, your father has always liked me... But you know what your mother was like. She hated me for some reason, and i never fully understood it. Could you imagine the amount of things she would have done to me if i mysteriously just showed up, after everyone thinking me dead for almost six years, and asked for her daughters hand in marriage?" he asked, grinning as Ced. "Id have alot more than a sore jaw and some cracked ribs..." he said, swigging some whiskey and handing the bottle to Cedric.

"That much is true." Cedric sighed and stuffed his hands into his pockets. He knew Juliet was just fiercly protective of Ashlyn. The girl had gotten herself into quite a bit of trouble growing up. Especially after what happened when Jerard was killed... Cedric could understand his mother's weariness. Ashlyn needed to be protected. She needed to be sure whoever she ended up with wouldn't disappear on her.

"But I'm serious mate. If you ever leave again, there will be hell to pay." He was just looking out for his little sister. Even if they were never quite so close. Cedric slapped Demyx's back as they continued through the alleyway. "Say, have you seen or talked to the others at all?"

Demyx laughed as Cedric agreed. Juliet O'Neil was one woman you didnt want to piss off, especially when it came to her daughter. Demyx could still remember the headache he had had for a week after putting bleach in her shampoo at a kid, causing her hair to go a mottled blonde. Demyx held his hands in the air, smiling and watching his best friend. "No, im here to stay... I love her man. Have since we were kids, only i didnt have the balls to tell you i liked your kid sister." he said softly, sliding his hands into his jean's pockets as they walked. "Oh um, yeah i see Chase most days. Asa i dont see that much, as he's usually holed up with a girl somewhere. And Blaine usually tags around with Chase." he said, shrugging softly. "We should all meet up for a drink sometime.. Just without the punches.' he chuckled.

Cedric sighed and ran his fingers over his short blond hair. It was weird to hear Demyx speak of his sister as he was. But things changed, people grew up and matured. It was just a part of life. He'd have to accept it, even if he didn't completely approve. "Oh I see how it is. Talk to the Michaels brothers but not to me? Fine." He snorted, not really offended. Though it would have been nice to see his best friend at some point the last few years. Not that much had changed with Ced. It rarely ever did. He was a man of routine. "Well. I can't guarantee I won't take a swing." He snorted, then grabbed the bottle for another drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back