Relaxing in the sun

Natalie Winters

Wand
12" Dogwood Veela Hair
The sun fell brightly across Brightstone Village park. Natalie layed on the grass, her arms above her head, staring at the clouds above. It was a boring day, she hadn't hung out with anyone recently, and wished she had someone to talk to. Being alone was dreadfully boring, and it so happened she was alone most of the time. It was funny, really. A recent letter from her older sister said, I don't know why you love socializing so much. I like to be alone. But it so happens that every time I actually am alone, someone comes and disturbs me. Poor Leah. Natalie giggled a little, and continued to wonder what she would do today.

Justice began to walk through the highly populated town of Brightstone Village, his dark features hiding his Identity. The foul stench of death wiped through, causing people to turn and walk away from him. He looked around, his black eyes looking for something to do. He turned around to see a girl laying down on the grass. She was only young and he could tell that she was from Hogwarts. He didn't really want to be mean to her, but it was the way that he was, these days. " Hello." He hissed at the girl.

The sun reflected down on his back as he stood over her, she was unable to see what he looked like. His dark hoody covering his face from anyone view. His tattered jeans, told his story. His story was the regular street kid from Australia.He had been bashed and broken, while he was at home and left to live out on the streets. Even the streets taught him tough love, it made him think that it was do or die world. It was either kill or be killed in his eyes. " Who are you?" He asked abruptly, he had never seen her hear before.

And thus the silence of the park was disturbed by a cold and harsh voice. Natalie opened her eyes, raising a hand to block out the sun shining on her face. "Oh hello." She greeted the hooded man. She wrinkled her nose at him, he had a stench about him that reminded her of death for some reason. His quick and demanding question shocked her a little. "Er. Natalie Winters..." She answered tentively. Sitting up, she looked at his hood covered face and gave him a small smile. "Who are you?"

Justice looked at her puzzlingly, he had never heard of this Natalie Winters. It was like she had just appeared from out of no where. He knew almost everyone from around these parts. " Well it is hard to say, you never know who I am. I'm a little bit of both I would have to say. A little bit of Justice, or a little bit of Kaos. Take your pick." He said as he let out a little bit of a cackle, it was just the way he liked to introduce himself, make people confused, or think he was a freak, seeing as he really was a freak.

He looked down upon her, and he took his hood off. To show his natural grey hair, he was young and it was a little premature, but it made him look even more evil then what he was. His black eyes piercing hers. " Why do you lay on the ground? It makes you look revolting." He said with a straight face, she was a pretty girl, but she was way to young for him. It wasn't even worth him trying to be nice to her.

Natalie rolled her eyes. He seemed a bit to dramatic for her tastes, but she was not one to back down from a challenge like this one. Suddenly she felt vulnerable on the ground, so she stood up and brushed off her pants, sticking her hand in her pocket, clutching her wand. "Oh gee thanks." She responded to the insult. "I suppose I see why you wear a hood. How old are you? Fifty?" His hair was the only thing that made him look older, his face however looked young. "Anyway, it's very nice to meet you...er...Justice."

Justice laughed at her silly attempt at a insult. He wasn't really one for attacking young people but just in case she annoyed him he put his arms in each sleeve, clutching his wand." Fifty, well off it my dear." He hissed at her. His inner Slytherin coming out, as he spoke to her. " The pleasure is all mine, Natalie." He said with a bow, he was very old fashioned in his ways, but was different from everyone one else, even the Death Eaters where soft compared to him.

He sat himself down on a table that was right next to where he was previously standing. " What house are you in?" He asked, his voice echoing through the whole of the village as he done so, he could see the towns people, turning and staring at him. They wouldn't get involved if there lives depended on it, they all knew who he was and what he loved to do, to people who wanted to be heroes.

Natalie smirked. "Well, I'm glad you get some pleasure out of it." She didn't really mind Justice as of yet. She enjoyed confrontations like this. They kept her on the edge, and it was good practice to speak with people like him. "Well, my mistake." She remarked about his comeback about being fifty.
She watched him sit, and wondered if she should sit too. Deciding that, she'd rather sit down at a table with Justice, than stand and let her legs go numb, Natalie sat directly across from him, pulling out her wand and setting it on her lap, just in case. "I don't go to school." She replied.

Justice watched as she put her wand on her lap. " Don't worry young girl, I won't attack unless you do." He said with a smirk on his face, it was weird usually he wouldn't give any warning but he could tell that she was worried. Not many people could be in his presence for very long, it was like torture, just the stench that came off his aging body. He tapped his body with his wand, which would remove the smell for a short period of time. He looked puzzled at her, how come a girl her age, who was carrying a wand wasn't going to school. " .. and why is that, why don't you go?" He was afraid that he was beginning to sound friendly.

"Oh, thank you." The statement had a slight sarcastic tune to it, but Natalie didn't care. She could see that he either appreciated sarcasm, or hated it with a passion. So far he hadn't shown anything other than mild amusement. The stench disapeared much to Natalie's relief. She didn't mind it to much, but it was making her want to ask him when the last time he bathed was. "I just don't. I don't want to. Why should I?"

Justice smiled, she had the same attitude towards going to school which he had, when he was going. " Well it would help you for later in life, help you with your spell work." Justice said, trying to make it not sound like he hated the girl, even though he hated everyone. It was hard for him going to school all the kids there had picked on him because of him being homeless. Well they weren't anymore, he thought as a smile came across his face. " I would really help you, become the powerful witch that you where planned to be."

"Probably. But I have hopes of becoming a professional Quidditch player." Natalie wasn't really confiding in him. This was common knowledge for most of everyone who knew her. She watched him smile and wondered what he was thinking, until he said what he said. She thought this over for a moment. Was he implying that she go into the dark arts? Or what? "What do you mean?" She asked him curiously.

Justice smiled at her when she said that she wanted to become a professional quidditch player. " Well you do need to go to school for that and play for a school team, the scout will then come out and select you if your good enough." Justice said hoarsely. She wasn't one of the smartest people he knew, everyone knew that you need to have some academic achievements to be able to become a quidditch player. He smiled when she asked him what it meant by his previous comment. " It is just the Aurora that you give off, it is something powerful." He admitted truthfully, he could tell she wasn't going to become a Death Eater, because he could feel how strong the good was inside her.

Justice seemed to be warming up to her, but Natalie was not going to let her guard down. She felt he was probably trying to get her to trust him, but she wasn't falling for it. Crossing her arms, she tilted her head slightly. "I suppose. Maybe I'll go to school next year when the sorting begins. I mean, I went Beauxabatons for a couple of years. Where did you go to school?" Natalie blushed a little at his compliment. "Thank you."

Justice began to grind his teeth when she asked him where he used to go, it made him sick even saying the name of the school. It was the most putrid and revolting place he had ever been. The student's where all mean to him there, no wonder he turned out the way he was today. " I went to Hogwarts, New Zealand the worst school that was ever created." He spat not really towards Natalie, but just in general. He would have done it to anyone who had asked him that question even if it was his mother asking the question, god bless her soul.

The hatred could be seen in his pure black eyes, it was like something you would see in a horror movie or something like that, except it was real. " Well it is just the truth, you should be in Slytherin, when you get sorted. Powerful, witches and Wizards are made from Slytherin." He hissed as he remembered the day he was sorted, it was terrible, he hated Slytherin so much, but that was what the sorting hat had told him and he liked it. It made him feel special that he was going to be powerful.

Natalie watched him warily. She felt a pit of fear in her stomach, and wondered what had caused him to hate Hogwarts so much. She wondered if it would be wise to allow him the knowledge of knowing that she might be attending Hogwarts. He had said he wouldn't harm her, so she spoke up, "I..I'm going to Hogwarts." Natalie smiled. She was unsure if she'd be in Slytherin or now however. "I didn't think we could choose..."

Justice snorted at the thought of her going through Hogwarts to get her education. he hoped that someone like her had a pleasurable time there and not one that would make her have nightmares every time she slept. " Just don't let people boss you around there." He said calmly for a change. " Like Stupid little me did." He muttered under his breath hoping that she wouldn't be able to hear him. " You can't choose, it is all chosen by the sorting hat, but some people are destined for greatness and others are just low live who deserve to be put down like rabid dogs."

"I won't." Natalie agreed. Justice muttered something under his breath and the girl strained to hear him but failed. It was obvious he didn't want her to hear what he had to say at that point. This man had some quirky ideas that Natalie, herself didn't believe in at all. Everyone had a chance, and she got the feeling that he believed that only slytherins were destined for greatness. "I'm sorry you think that."

Justice laughed at the girl, he could know tell that she was just humoring him. " Your trying to mock me aren't you. You have balls kiddo, your the first person that has ever been like that, ever since they let me out of Azkaban and for that I am grateful. Your someone that deserves my respect." He hissed, with a smile. It was very rarely that he smiled and it was a genuine smile, but this moment was deserving enough.

Natalie smiled brightly. She could tell he was someone that didn't respect many people. It was true she was a little afraid of him, only because of the scary demeanor he held, but she knew he couldn't be all bad. He was being nice to her, even though she slyly poked fun at him. It was a wonder he actually smiled. It made him seem more human. "Why thank you! And you deserve my respect since you haven't attacked me yet."

Justice laughed at the thought of attacking her, even though it was tempting at first, he couldn't lower himself to do it. " Well you wont have to worry about that, I don't think I will end up attacking you....... just yet." He said jokingly. He was beginning to grow fond of this girl and thought that possibly she might end up being his first friend, but he didn't want to drag her down with him and turn someone who was so good and innocent into something evil and vile like himself.

"Well, that's good. I suppose I'm just naturally lucky." Natalie joked again. She hoped he didn't tire of her jokes and conversation. She just didn't want him to feel unliked by her. "Plus...you know..all the people." She gestured towards the crowds. "But, I'm sure you could just apparate right out of here." She blushed. "Oh dear. I think I may have given you an idea."

Justice smiled at her joke about him killing her, it wasn't what he had in mind. " I could you know, but then I wouldn't have anyone to talk to." He said his voice croaky and evil like. Trying to make normal conversation he changed the subject to something that usually would make people uncomfortable talking to him about. " So do you have any family?" He asked.

Natalie chuckled a little. Unlike most people, she quite enjoyed joking about her death. Honestly, she enjoyed talking about alot of things people didn't usually talk about. Family. He mentioned family. "I have a sister, Leah. My mother runs a muggle store, she's a witch though, but...I don't know my father." She shrugged. It wasn't such a big deal to her anymore. It used to bother her when she was younger, but she had gotten used to not having a father around. Heck, Leah barely knew her real father as well. "What about you?"

Justice grimaced at the thought of his own parents. " It's kind of hard to explain, it is something I regret. My mother is dead, which was what I accidentally done. She was a muggle, my father kicked me out after that and my brother tried to kill me and it just so happened that he tripped of a large cliff." He said feeling bad for how his family had been over the years. It used to be hard to talk about, but now he could do it with ease.

Natalie's eyes widened at his story. "Wow. What a story." She had never heard anything like that, and it was so odd that he was talking about it with such ease. "I'm sorry you...uh...I'm sorry you had to go through that." She said, staring at him strangely. She wasn't one to judge though, no matter if his mothers death was an accident or not. All families had problems...his was just on the extreme side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back