Only Fools Fall For You

Viviana Warrick

OOC First Name
Cole
Sexual Orientation
Yes
Between the months of September and December Viviana hadn't gotten more than a few seconds at a time to see her fiance. The woman had stayed with Saveli for a few weeks knowing she'd be alone, not wanting her to feel like she had to be a mom on her own until Reuben graduated. After that her cousin Ademar had needed some help with his own plans for vacation, and since he did not seem to be fond of Axel she house sat alone for her brother. She couldn't understand why it was that no one was excited to be around Axel - consider in Viviana's eyes he was the moon, the stars, and everything in between. The Russian born Puff put him on a pedestal, after all he'd fallen in love with her at first sight and asked her to marry him, he must have been romantic. From house sitting, to her parents to help them move it wasn't until the first week of December she got to spend a night back in the flat they rented together, and he gave her the warmest of welcomes.

Stretching Viviana began to get dressed the following morning. She felt more rested than she had in a very long time. Once in her clothes she moved over to kiss Axel on the nose. "Good morning." She whispered. "Want me to make you breakfast?" She inquired, sure that he wasn't as good at feeding himself nutrition based foods when she was gone.

Axel couldn't quite believe what had happened to him. He was actually falling for the girl. Proposing to Viviana had just been a dare and sure Axel had let things go further so he could enjoy some of the benefits. He never expected anything more to come of it. Axel wasn't sure when he began to feel something but it became all the more apparent as she started to spend more time away from him and with her family. During that time it became clear that he missed her and not just the physical stuff, he missed everything about her and it was a little unsettling.

The Durmstrang grad couldn't hide his enthusiasm when his fiance walked through the door for the first time in what felt like an eternity. They wasted little time in making up for lost time. The next morning Axel woke to the sound of movement as Viv slipped out of bed to get dressed. "Breakfast sounds amazing," He smiled at her. After all the time they had spent apart, looking at her now as the morning sunlight came through the gaps in the curtains Axel made a decision. He was actually going to marry that girl.

Once Viviana had gotten comfortable in her jeans and shirt she smiled back at Axel. "You're so cute when you first wake up." She remarked, glancing over her messy fawn locks, the cafe eyes he sported still obviously filled with sleep. She made her way into their kitchen and using both magic and muggle ways prepared bacon and eggs, a simple breakfast with a twist as she added minced onions and peppers to the mix. "You know, Saveli's daughter is beautiful, and I'm glad it wasn't Gabriel's, but I don't think I'll want children for a while after spending so much time around a newborn. They're exhausting." She remarked, hoping Axel felt the same way. "Oh! My parents have the venue, caterer, and DJ picked out. They want us to do the invites ourselves. But i'm sure you'll be busy, so I'll take care of it." She offered. Viv did not make it known that she had some negative feelings towards the fact that he wasn't helping her much. She knew that he wanted this wedding though, didn't he.

Once the food was done she entered the room with a plate, planning for Axel to have breakfast in bed obviously. She had no problem catering to him, it was what she thought love was - showing the other how much they cared. Though Axel didn't do any grand gestures, Viv didn't even have a ring, but she didn't mind and made excuse after excuse for him because she was in love. And so was he as far as he told her.

Axel waved his hand dismissively and made a strange noise as he exhaled that sounded strangely horse-like. He ran his fingers through his hair to try and tame the fresh out of bed look but truth be told he never did much with it other than let it sit. Axel listened to Viv as she talked about her time with Saveli's baby and he wondered if Viv had begun to think about that part of her life. The answer came quickly as she told him that she didn't want them anytime soon after the time she had spent around a newborn baby. "Well it's not like we have to rush into anything," Axel laughed. It was the first time he had made any comment about their future together and not been lying through his teeth. It felt good.

Everything about the wedding seemed to be coming together. Viv had been happy to work with her parents and run with everything which had suited him because he had no interest in planning a wedding he hadn't planned on attending. "Hey babe you know my memory sucks, remind me when the wedding date is?" He just needed to be told at a time he was actually listening. Then Axel could actually start mentally preparing to get married.

Viviana smiled and nodded. "I'm glad you agree with that." She spoke, a bright smile on her lips. After she sat the food down she began tidying up, leaving her fiance to eat breakfast first. The woman picked up any clothing articles hanging around, and levitated the pile most of the way to the washer, however she dropped them at his question, breaking her concentration. Viviana didn't turn around just yet. His memory sucked? Viv felt a pang in her heart, how could he forget the date. It should have been so important to them. Viviana turned around and smiled though, moving to give him a kiss. "You're so silly." She stated before carrying the rest of the clothing articles to be washed. She started the washer before finally turning around when she realized he was serious. He really didn't remember the date. Viviana hadn't allowed her feelings to get hurt thus far, but this comment wounded her. It was unnoticeable in her hazel eyes though and she smiled while speaking. "How can you not remember? It's the day you proposed to me." she hinted, wondering if he really was just bad at remembering. If that was the case perhaps she was being insensitive. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't expect you to always remember, I really am." She apologized. "July eighteenth." She answered with a smile, sitting down next to him on the bed now, before snagging a small corner of a piece of bacon and munching happily on it.

Axel took his seat at the table and began to eat his breakfast as Viv cleaned up around him. He watched her as it slowly sunk in that his question was legit and he could remember the date of their wedding. Axel felt bad that her gentle reminder that it was the same date he proposed didn't jog his memory but it wasn't long before she put him out of his misery and told him the date. Axel breathed a sigh of relief, he wouldn't forget it again he was sure of that. He didn't want to give her the impression that he didn't care, that was no longer the case. "Of course it is," He smiled at her as she sat next to him and he put his arms around her. "You know I can't wait right?" Axel asked her looking into the girls eyes. "Who would have thought something as silly as a bet would have led to this," Axel heard the words leave his mouth and his eyes widened in shock. He'd really said that. How stupid could he be? Axel looked up at Viviana wondered if his words would truly sink in or if by some miracle she would skip over them.

Viviana smiled when he said that of course it was, as if he remembered. The Hufflepuff alumni was easy to be won over, and after she'd fallen in love with Axel's brown eyes and slim figure, she was putty for him. The Russian girl grinned. "I hope not, I have my dress picked out and I hope you love it. I really hope you do. Of course it's okay if you don't! i just see all these photos of emotional grooms..." She swooned over the idea. She'd never seen Axel get truly emotional over anything so it would be a nice change from his typical demeanor. She continued to smile, admiring him for a moment. She turned to continue to clean when a sentence passed through her ear that made her stand bolt upright. For a brief moment she considered that she misheard Axel, and she slowly turned her head, not quiet looking at him until she was sure in her heart it was what had been stated. "What, does that mean?" She inquired, taking in a breath and turning to face him. Her own hazel orbs scanned his face, as if hoping he was just bad with his wording.

Axel hadn't stopped to think about Viv in her wedding dress as he hadn't been thinking that far away ahead until recently but the more he thought about it the more he could imagine she would look amazing in whatever dress she ended up with. "You'll look beautiful I know you will," Axel smiled at her as he watched her move around the room cleaning. Axel watched Viv closely for any sign of a reaction from what he had said. Viv was almost always a bundle of energy, she was always happy and she always seemed eager to please Axel so any deviation from that was alarming for Axel. "I erm, nothing," Axel began. Surely he would be able to get out of the situation, but did he want to? Axel had developed genuine feelings for Viv so did he want to lie or worm his way out of giving her the explanation she deserved. They had been together for nearly two years, she deserved the truth about their first meeting and hopefully, she would be able to work through it. "Okay I'll tell you, but it was a long time ago and things are different now okay," Axel began hoping what he said next wouldn't destroy his relationship. "I asked you to marry me as part of a dare from my friend Avery, he didn't believe that I could get a girl to say yes to a proposal out of the blue and I wanted to prove him wrong. Which is why I asked you,"

Viviana gave pause when Axel said nevermind. She turned perpendicular from him, arms crossed waiting to see if he'd elaborate or just trust that she'd let go of what he said. Perhaps she could have though if he hadn't offered her the explanation. As he spoke she felt her chest aching, and looked down at her bare feet. When he finished his explanation for some time she remained quiet. Her whole body felt like it was aching, and in her chest was a sudden hollowness she had never felt before. The young mixed blood took in a shaking breath and looked at him, tears obviously welling in her hazel orbs. "You told me you were in love with the way my hair moved in the breeze. Yo-You said love at first sight." She muttered, as if going over every moment in her head. Everything had been a bet? She was just a bet? Not worth more than that to him obviously. Finally the tears spilled over. Viviana didn't cry often, she hated it, but she was hurting in a way she had never hurt before.

"You said it was love at first sight!" She said again louder, obviously in disbelief of the lies he had told her. The lies she'd told herself. "I loved you and that's what I was this whole time. I gave you everything and you took it because you won a bet, so why not right? a**hole." She said, her face screwed up in pain. "When did I stop being a bet? When you found out my parents had money? You stayed for what?" Then it hit her, exactly why he most likely stayed. Her hand fell to her empty ring finger and she looked around the room. "I'm going to be sick." She muttered, leaving for the bathroom, and locking the door securely behind her. She slid down the door, back to it, secluding herself for a safer way to cry. She needed to leave, she needed out, but if she walked out there and Saw Axel again she knew he'd say something to her, she'd fall for it. She was so stupid to think someone would actually fall in love with her at first sight.

Viviana cried into her arms, she wasn't sure how long she was going to sit in there, but she wanted him to be gone when she left. It would be so much easier if he'd have told her before she'd fallen in love with the way he cupped her cheek and kissed her every time she walked through the door. Finally after what felt like ages of crying, when Viv's tears would no longer fall she exited the bathroom, looking straight ahead. "Accio Suitcase." She spoke the words quietly.

Axel could only listen as Viv began to deal with the news she had received. Axel wanted to say something to speak to his defence but he knew he needed to stay quiet and let Viv speak her peace. Only then could he try and defend his actions. Not that it was possible to do so. Axel had never seen Viviana act like she was, he never seen her so hurt, so emotional. He had done that to her, he had taken a girl who was always so positive, so trusting, so eager to please and he had broken her.

There was no defence for what he had said. Axel had said it was love at first sight. He cursed his seventeen-year-old self for putting him in his current situation. Why couldn't he have just gone up and flirted with her like a normal guy. Maybe just asked her to go along with the bet to fool Avery. Anything but deceive the girl. "I don't care about your family money, I stayed for you, it started out as just a bet yes but somewhere along the line I genuinely did fall in love with you. Viv I want to marry you, I love you," Axel didn't know what else he could say and stood by helplessly as she made her way into the bathroom.

Axel sat down on the edge of the bed and waited. She had to come out of the bathroom eventually and when she did he would beg and plead with her, he would make her understand that whatever his intentions were at the beginning didn't matter. All that mattered was he loved her now and he wanted to marry her.

Any of Axel's words fell on deaf ears and she responded only when he said he loved her. "You love me? Are you fu***** kidding me? You love me?" She turned to face him as she continued to gather her things. She couldn't stay in a place they'd made any memories. "You don't love me, I was a bet. And if i had said no you'd never have talked to me again. You didn't love me at first sight and you don't get to love me now!" She spoke through angry tears. The Russian girl shoved everything she could in her suitcase as she moved around the house, forgetting breakfast, forgetting everything. She didn't want to hurt like this, she wanted this to be a nightmare, but the more she packed the more aware she became that it wasn't.

When she'd grabbed almost everything she could, she turned and started to put shoes on. "I fell in love with you the night I gave you everything and you told me I was beautiful, and we talked about the wedding. I fell in love with you for real, you ***k. I fell in love with your stupid brown eyes, and the way you roll over in your sleep and wrap your arms around me. And you fell in love with the idea of winning a bet. i hope it was worth it Axel." She spoke, moving to the door with her overstuffed suitcase.

"**** You."

Axel wasn't surprised that Viv didn't believe anything he was saying to her. He had brought her world crashing down around her and from the girls perspective if everything had been a lie before how could she believe anything he said to her now? Axel tried to think of something to say in his defence but nothing came to him. "Viv I know what I did was wrong, I should have come clean once you said yes but I dunno I kind of wanted to see where it could go," Axel was sure what he was saying wasn't making the situation any better but he didn't have a choice, he had to do something, he had to fight for the woman he loved.

"Viv I don't know when it happened, but I fell in love with you too and it's genuine. I want to marry you. I want to give you everything I've ever promised. I may not have always have been genuine with you but now,
I am,"

Viviana scoffed at his first set of words, only laughing hollowly at what he spoke to her next. "See where it could go? Was I a carnival ride? You were just on a little adventure, and you could just leave whenever you thought was convenient?" she asked with a staggering anger and hurt in her voice. "I moved away from my home country for you, my parents have been helping me and I miss then but no I fell in love with you and believed for a second that you loved me. I shouldn't even be mad at you, I'm the idiot who believed some guy on the street would just want to marry me because of love at first sight."

Now standing outside the doorway Vivana turned to face Axel with a narrowing expression. "You can take your wants, and needs, and love and shove it right up your ***. We're done, I'm through." She then turned and slammed the door behind her loudly, trying to contain the pain all of this caused her. She rushed out the door into the warm summer air around her and once able to, apparated away without looking back to the man who broke her in a way she'd never been broken before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back