Killian Owens-Lee

Strong- Stoic- Protective

OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Muggle
Relationship Status
Married
Killian had just gotten back from a job on the sea, and he wanted to see Teila. Deciding to surprise her, he made his way to where she worked. He still thought it was the sweetest thing that she worked for an orphanage. He made his way inside, smiling as he saw a young girl sitting on the floor. He walked over to her, hiding the flower behind his back and smiling as he leaned down. "Excuse me, young lady? Have you seen miss Teila?" He asked her, hoping she could send him in the right direction.

Marley had been at the orphanage for most of her life. She didn't mind it. She had made many friends both with kids her age and with adults that work there. Though there were times it was boring. Whenever there were adults who came in to adopt, Marley would get her hopes up thinking she'd be one of the lucky kids to be picked. But this was never the case and when she wasn't chosen, Marley would be upset for the rest of the week.

Today, Marley was just one of those days where she wanted to keep herself occupied and she had decided to keep herself occupied by making jewellery. She had a box in front of her that had contained many, many colourful beads, that were all in different shapes and sizes. her making the necklaces had caused the beads to be everywhere, especially on the floor. Marley had almost been done with her necklace when an older man approached her. Marley gave the man a toothy grin, one of her baby front teeth missing. "Hello, mister!" Marley says with a giggle and a wave. She thought for a moment when he had asked about one of the adults that had worked here. "Hmm, no. I'm sorry mister. I dunno where she is. I think she went out..." Marley says, with a shrug and a small smile, trying to think if she knew where she was, before continuing on her necklace.

Killian smiled shyly as the girl looked up to him. She had a pretty cute smile. He considered what to do as the girl said Teila was gone. With a heavy sigh, he lowered himself to sit down. "Well, I'll just have to wait here for her, then," He drew the flower from behind his back. "Since Miss Teila isn't here, would you like this flower?" He asked, holding out the soft pink rose.

Marley smiled at the older man and noticed that he had sat down. She smiled a little as the man had then offered a pink rose. She was unsure at first, as she didn't really know the man and the adults at the orphanage had told her not to take anything from strangers... But miss Telia knew who this man was, so maybe wasn't totally a stranger? "It's really pretty mister," Marley says with a small gasp and smile, a little while of thinking of what to do. She then slowly grabbed the rose from the man. It couldn't hurt to take it right? "Thank you," Marley says quietly with a shy smile. Marley then thought for a moment as she looked down at the many bracelets she had made, and grabbed a random bracelet she made. "Would you like a bracelet mister?" Marley asks with a toothy grin, as she handed out a bracelet towards him.

Killian blinked, surprised when the girl offered him a bracelet. He smiled shyly, accepting the trinket. "Thank you, it's very pretty," he told her. He tried to clip it on, but it was a bit too small for him. That was alright, he'd find something to do with it. He slipped it into his pocket. "My name is Killian, by the way. Killian Taylor." He smiled shyly, offering out his hand to the little girl.

Marley smiled at the man as he thanked her. "You're welcome!" Marley says happily as she claps her hands together. She noticed that the man had been struggling a little putting on the bracelet and had put it in his pocket instead. She giggled a little at that, 'what a silly man' She thought. The man then had introduced himself. "Hello, mister Killian. My name is Marley! And I'm six!" Marley says shyly, as she then shakes Killan's hand excitedly.

Last edited:
Killian smiled as she did. Marley, huh? She was a rather adorable little girl. "It's nice to meet you, Marley." He folded his hands in his lap and looked over her bracelets. "Did you make all of these yourself?" He asked her, turning to look at her again with a shy smile. "You're very talented," he complimented her. The bracelets were all rather cute.

Marley smiled at the man. "It's nice to meet you too mister!" Marley says excitedly and a giggle. She then continued making her bracelet. The seven-year-old smiled and nodded excitedly as she responds to Killian's question. "Yes, I did! It can be boring here sometimes, so I make jewellery like these or is read books" Marley explains with a shrug. She would sometimes hang out with the kids around here, but she wouldn't really call them friends, as most of the friends she had made in the past had been adopted and been added to a loving family. Marley giggled a little when Killian had told her she was talented. "Thank you, mister," Marley says shyly.

Killian smiled softly, looking over her work. "Can you teach me how to make such pretty bracelets?" He asked, scooting in a little and settling down. Killian spent a few hours there with her, before deciding Teila wasn't going to be coming around. He bid goodbye to Marley and headed home, a little stiff from sitting on the floor for so long but content. She was a sweet girl. Over the next week, Marley kept popping into his mind, and it bothered him that she was at the orphanage. He decided to try and catch Teila at work again the next week, only this time he wanted to see Marley first. He had a bag with him, and two flowers with him. He talked to the front desk before making his way outside, spotting Marley under a tree. He walked over, smiling as he approached. "Hi Marley!" He greeted, a little shyly. "Remember me?"

Marley smiles brightly when Killian had asked if she could teach him how to make some bracelets. "Sure!" Marley says with a clap and a giggle. The young girl had enjoyed teaching the older man how to make the bracelets and they had done this for a couple of hours until he left. Marley had thought that Killian was a nice man.

It had been the next week or so and Marley had thought it would be nice to sit outside and read a book under a tree. It had been a nice sunny day and there are a few clouds outside in the bright blue sky. The young girl had been reading a picture book which she thought was interesting. She looked up when she heard someone call her name. Marley smiled brightly when she recognised who it was. She waved excitedly. "Hi, mister Killian! Yes, I do, silly" Marley says with a giggle. Of course, she recognised him. She thought it was a silly question.

Killian smiled, pleased she remembered him. "Mind if I sit down with you?" He asked, lowering himself onto the ground next to her carefully. "I came to see miss Teila again. But I thought I'd come and see you too, if that was alright." He told her, setting the giant gift bag next to him. It was blue, with cartoonish mermaids and sea creatures decorating it, and blue paper sticking out of the top. A blue ribboned bow was on it as well, with a soft pink rose tucked into it. He'd had the lady at the store help him wrap it. He smiled at Marley shyly. "I brought you something," he told her. "Would you like to open it?"

Marley smiled happily at Killian when he had asked if he could sit down with her. "You sure can Mister!" Marley says with a toothy grin, as she moved to the side a little to give him some room to sit. She nodded when he had explained that he was meant to see Miss Teila but wanted to see her too. Which had made her extremely happy. Marley had noticed that Killian had a gift bag, and thought that the man was really nice to give Miss Teila a gift. She gasped really loudly when he had told her that the gift was for her. "Really? This is for me Mister? The bag is pretty" Marley says shyly, with a shy smile. Marley nods her head shyly as she began to open the bag.

Killian smiled, watching her open the bag. It was a large box of beads, with dozens of colors and styles, and another smaller box with dozens of colored strings and ribbons. He hadn't been sure if it was something the girl might enjoy, but he hoped it was. He bit his lip, watching for her reaction. He wasn't sure what girls liked, really, he had only ever had boys, and his late wife had always just told him what to do.

Marley slowly opened the gift bag and gasped excitedly when she saw what was in the bag. "Oh my gosh! Beads! And Ribbons! These are so cool! Thank you, mister!" Marley squealed excitedly and she then clapped. She hadn't really gotten any presents or gifts before. She was so excited and couldn't wait to get started on some new bracelets and necklaces. Without thinking, the younger girl stood up from her spot and hugged Killian excitedly. "Thank you, mister! I love it!"

Killian's eyes widened, and he blushed as the girl hugged him. He swallowed, patting her back gently. She really was a sweet girl. "You're welcome, Marley," he was hit with a thought then, one he probably should have seen coming. He would have to ask Teila about it, but he was pretty sure there wouldn't be any problems. He smiled shyly, waiting until the girl had sat down again before speaking. "So, er, Marley, I'm curious," he settled in, folding his hands lightly in his lap. "Tell me about yourself. What's your favorite color? What do you like besides beads? How long have you been here?" He added in the last one, hoping it seemed innocent enough.

Marley giggled after she pulled away from the hug, and sat back down. She smiled up at him and was just really happy with the gift she had received. She listened as Killian had asked her questions about herself. She thought for a moment as she thought about her answers. "Hmm... Those a good questions mister" Marley says with a giggle, as she taps on her chin enthusiastically. She smiles as she finally thought of a few answers to the questions. "Well, my favourite colour is pink! I like to read books. I also like to colour and I started liking crystals!" Marley says as she lists the answers to the questions. There were so many other things she liked to do. But that was all she could think of at the top of her head. "I dunno how long I've been here. But I remember being here since I was really, really small" Marley says, as she puts her little index finger and thumb close together to show how small she meant. But she honestly didn't know how long she was here, as it felt like she had been here all her life. "What about you mister? What's your work? And what do you like to do?"

Killian nodded, listening to what she told him. He tried to remember what she was saying, she liked pink and books and crystals. His heart twisted a bit as she said she'd been here all her life. Who could spend any time with her and not want to take her home? He was drawn from his thoughts as she returned some of his questions. "Oh, I work as the captain of a ship, I'm a sailor," He told her. "I like to read, and watch movies," he mused. "I also like star-gazing, it's very relaxing," He hesitated a moment, shifting a bit nervously. "Er... you know, Marley..." Killian stuttered a bit, rubbing the back of his neck. "I've... really liked spending time with you. I know we've just met and all..." He laughed nervously. "Um- I mean, that is, I..." He took a breath. "Is anyone... talking about adopting you right now?" He asked gently, looking at the little girl shyly.

Marley gasped excitedly as Killian had told her about what he did as a job. "Really?! That's cool!" Marley said excitedly. She had always thought about what it would be like sailing in the water. The girl hadn't really been out in the water or anything. "Movies! Movies are so cool! Do you have a favourite?" Marley asked excitedly. Marley was unaware of how much she was talking or asking questions. She just loved to talk. "Stars are pretty," Marley says as she nods her head and smiles shyly. She smiled as Killian mentions that he had enjoyed spending time with her. She did too. He was a nice man.

Marley's smile dropped slowly as he had asked her the next question of adoption. "No... Not really mister... There have been grown-ups who have said that they have wanted to... But later on, they decide they don't want to... And I don't know why" Marley says sadly and she's shrugged her shoulders. The young girl had been going through the process for most of her life. There would be adults coming in from time to time who spend time with her and not long after they ask if they could adopt her. Not long after that they change their mind and decide that they do not want to go along with it.

Killian's jaw dropped and his heart broke a bit as the girl told him her story. What kind of person would do that to a kid? His jaw clenched, and he immediately sat up straighter. "Marley, honey, I am so sorry that's happened to you," he replied, wanting to hug her, but he stopped himself. "Listen, Marley..." He hesitated a moment. "I have two sons. They're grown now." Killian faltered, and sighed. "Their mother- my wife, she died when they were about your age."

Killian rubbed the back of his neck. "I was only a shiphand then. I couldn't control my hours. I had to hire a nanny. I wasn't around as much as I wanted to be. My boys... Well, since they've moved out into the world on their own they don't talk to me much anymore. I guess they decided they don't need their old man." Killian grimaced, looking to Marley shyly. "I guess... What I'm trying to say, er, that is..." Killian looked to his shoes. "I'm a captain now. I control my ship, where I go and how long I'm gone. I have a nice house. I, er, I'm trying to court Miss Teila, if she'll have me. She has a son, Dominic I think." He peeked at Marley. "It's just me right now, but maybe- um, maybe if you wanted..." He looked away again and cleared his throat. "I could adopt you, if you wanted?" He offered, very shyly.

Marley sighs sadly after she told Killian about what would happen through the adoption process. "It's okay I guess. It happens" Marley says sadly with a sigh. Marley often would get her hopes too high, thinking that it would happen for her. She slowly started to lose hope each time it happened. She listens carefully as Killian explains his children and his wife. "Oh... I'm sorry to hear about your wife mister. I'm sure she was a nice lady" Marley says with a small smile. The girl had always wondered what it would be like to be in a loving family.

Marley listened as Killian continue to speak, smiling as she mentioned miss Teila. "She's a nice lady mister. Really nice" Marley says with a small smile. There were many nice grown-ups that were really nice to Marley. They would always bring food, play with the children, help with schoolwork or even sometimes sneak in some treats when the other grownups weren't looking. The young girl gasps as she hears Killian's question. "Really mister? Me? Are you sure? Because I would say yes! But do you really want to?" Marley says with a shy smile with also a bit of uncertainty. She was a bit worried that she was gonna go through the whole process again, so she wasn't keeping her hopes too high.

Killian couldn't help but chuckle at her reaction, offering out his hand. "Of course I'm sure, Marley. I've been thinking about it all week." Killian admitted shyly. "We just got on so well when we met. That's why I picked up a gift for you." He told her. "I know it's odd, maybe I'm just... being weird. I just thought that you and I could be happy..." It came out sounding more like a question. He would need to talk to Teila, see what paperwork he needed to fill out. "There are two bedrooms you could have, one is on the ground floor with mine and the other is upstairs. It's like a, uh, a tower bedroom?" He tried to explain.

Marley smiled and giggled when Killian had said that he was sure of adopting her. It had made her happy and she was hoping that this adoption thing was going to happen. She was a bit worried that not getting adopted would happen to her again. "I'm sure we'll be happy mister. You deserve to be happy" Marley says with a small smile. Marley smiles as she listens to Killian talk about the house that he lived in. "Your house sounds nice mister," Marley says shyly with a small nod. She then stands up from her spot again and slowly makes her way to the older man and hugs him. Her little arms wrapping around his neck lightly.

Teila always enjoyed her days working. It was sad to leave Dominic at home, but he always enjoyed spending time with her family, so she was sure he was fine. The woman had just made some jam and cream scones and was bringing them out to the children for a treat when she noticed Killian talking to one of the girls. He definitely stood out amongst everyone. She beamed at him, quickly making her way over there in her flour-covered apron. "Killian!" she exclaimed in surprise, swinging an arm around him in greeting. The girl was Marley, and Teila smiled as she looked down at her. She knew Marley and Dominic were close when they were at the orphanage and always felt a little bad that she didn't take Marley with her. "Hey Marley, is this man bothering you?" she joked, winking at her.

Killian smiled shyly as Marley said he deserved to be happy. He wasn't sure he believed that, honestly. "Marley, honey, you deserve to be happy," he countered with a wry grin. When she commented on his house, he chuckled. "Thank you. But that doesn't answer my question. We do need to decide which room you'll stay in. Or would you like to see them before you decide?" He asked.

When she moved to hug him, however, his heart stuttered. He let out a shaky sigh, wrapping his arms around her and hugging her to him tightly. Marley was such an amazing child, she had already stolen his heart. He knew he couldn't wait with this. It might be a bit brash, but he wasn't going to let her go. Figuratively speaking, that was. He pulled back, smiling warmly and brushing her hair back from her eyes. "Pack your things, sweetness. I'm going to-" he started, when a familiar voice interrupted him.

Killian looked up and smiled brightly. Gently extracting himself from Marley, he stood. "Teila," he greeted. He hugged her back. Instinctively he offered out the flower he had brought her. "Teila, sweetheart, we need to talk," he interrupted, guiding her gently with him and taking a small step away before lowering his voice. "Teila, I know this is sudden, but I came by last week to see you and met this little girl. I waited for a few hours and spend it with her, and she's just-" Killian blushed, rubbing the back of his neck shyly. "Teila, I love her and I'm taking her home, what do I need to sign to adopt Marley?" He asked, completely serious.

Marley smiled as he told her that she also deserved to be happy. She wanted to be happy and have fun all her life! The young girl blushed a little as he mentioned that she hadn't answered her question. "Oh, I don't mind Mister! I'm happy with any room" Marley says shyly with a small smile and shrug. Marley honestly didn't mind. The rooms they had here were small anyway, so she was okay with anything.

Marley sat back down and she smiled excitedly when Killian had started off to tell her that she'd need to pack her bags and whatnot when she saw one of the adults, Miss Teila make her way towards her. "Hi, Miss Teila! No, not at all! How's Dominic?" Marley says with a small smile. She was close friends with Dominic they had hung out a lot when he was in the orphanage. She shrugged to herself when Killian had taken Miss Teila somewhere and went back to look inside the gift bag, taking out the box of beads again, looking at the box excitedly. She was so excited to open it and start making more jewellery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back