Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Dederick
Wand
Briars rowan, 15", with centaur (aspens) tail hair and my werewolf fur
Briar was once agin in the student lounge. he had started hanging out there more than the common room since the summer as she found that the Gryffindor common room was too noisy and this room was just as comfortable. plus there was a bonus that Madlyn wasn't not there, she had fallen out with her sister after the break, although she knew why and agreed with the giants reasoning she was still hurt, and she felt alone since the break, she knew she still had man friends, Sid and Minoas to name a few. plus it was that time of the month for her, heading towards a full moon when she would start to feel ill, thankfully it wasn't due for another couple of days. but the inevitability of it was draining for her.
This evening Briar was reading through and writing a reply to a letter she had received that morning. she had never been one for sending mail before but this year she had sent and received more letters than she had ever received in her life before. however what had happened to her was something that you either hated the person for afterwards or something that caused you to become friends regardless of if they had gotten along before. thankfully for her the second occurrence had taken place and she stayed in contact maybe even gone as far as an unusual friendship with Dederick Cullen.
once she had finished the letter se folded it and placed it in her bag she would post it the next morning. she then looked around the room to se if there was anyone that he could talk to.

It seems like Andrea hangs out more in The Student Lounge rather than in the Gryffindor Common Room. Not that she finds the common room boring, it's just that, well, it is boring. Even if she had found a friend there. Like what she always points out, the room decorations are boring, the furniture are boring, almost everything are boring. Not like in the Student Lounge. All the decorations, the furniture, almost everything seem nice and social. Just what Andrea wanted to hang out on whenever boredom strikes her. There's nothing much to do that later evening so Andrea decided to go to her favorite place which is The Student Lounge. As she entered the room, she was filled with great happiness as she was in the room she adored again. She looked around to find an empty couch to sit on, while she read that she had borrowed from a friend. After finding an empty couch, the little Gryffindor girl made her way towards it and sat down comfortably. She opened her bag and reached out for the book, hoping that she would finish this before the night ends.

Briar looked over and saw a first year gryffindor. enter the room, seeing that she was lookin for an empty seat she moved her bag off the sofer that she had out it on and smiled over at her. in all of the planing and trying to come to terms with her new life change she had somewhat forgotten that she was meant to be a role model for the new (and other younger) students. making sure her letter was deep in her bag as it had some very sensitive content in it, she smiled at the girl "Hello, you're a first year aren't you? I'm Briar Rowan, a Gryffindor prefect" she said introducing herself to the younger student. she had remember that she was a prefect for a reason and she had a responsibly to keep an eye on the younger students and it was always better if she knew them. she saw that the Girl had a book with her. "what are you reading?" she asked trying to make conversation. she herself wasn't that into reading but she knew many of the students were.

The room was at its perfect temperature as it always was, but it's a bit colder than usual because it is night. Andrea looked around the room, there were only a few people occupying it. She saw the Gryffindor Prefect. She turned bright red and quickly moved her head when she saw the prefect looking back at her. She idolized Prefects so much. She thinks they're very cool. She opened her book and started to read. Later on, a familiar voice spoke. Andrea didn't knew who was speaking so she lowered the book and she saw the prefect herself, was the one who was talking. Andrea turned bright red, she was very shocked. She never knew a prefect would talk to her. But of course, she has to act like nothing is a big deal so she could avoid making fool of herself. "Hi. Yes. I'm Andrea Kelize, nice to meet you ma'am". Andrea "coolly" replied, reaching out her hand for the prefect to shake. Her hand was a bit shaking, she respects prefects and treats them like celebrities.

briar saw the first year looking a little nervous around her. she guessed thatas a sixth year she looked a little intimidating. a few moments after she had spoken to the girl she smiled at her responce. she seemed very polite. "Just call me Briar" she said feeling a little uncomfortable with the ma'am. it sort of relt like what Icarus had said about the first years calling him professor. She shook Andreas hand, she could tell that the girl was a little nervous. she hadn't meant to freak her out. She had just wanted to have a chat and meet some of the younger students in her house. "Its great to meet you too Andrea. How are you enjoying Hogwarts?" she asked, making conversation with the first year. She needed to take her mind of the letters and the reasons behind them, and try and be more like the girl she was the previous year before all of the chaos that had occurred.

Andrea Kelize really has to calm down. Her nervous look was becoming too obvious. She doesn't want to freak out the prefect or anything because that would just be plainly annoying. Seconds later, the prefect had told Andrea to just call her by her name, Briar. Andrea was a bit surprised, this was tricky for her because she is really used to calling prefects ma'am or sir but if she want this prefect to be her friend, she has to follow what she says. "Okay, Ma- I mean, Briar", Andrea replied, quickly turning triumphant red. That was close, she thought to herself. Later, the prefect shook her hand and asked her how is she enjoying Hogwarts, Andrea, however just smiled and replied "I'm quite enjoying it here. I love how the people treat others. Almost all of the people here are very nice, and I am enjoying how the professors teach me stuffs about magic and stuff like that". After she had said that, she felt a little lame. Of course professors teach me magic, they're supposed to, gosh I am so stupid, she thought to herself. And she was also lying too, because almost half of the people here are mean, well almost one-fourth. Most of the Slytherins are.

briar could see that the girl was getting flustered. "there is no need to stress, you can call me whatever you want, i don't really mind. I'm not going to put you into detention or anything, I am just a student here like everyone else" she said pretty laid back. it was true she was just a student there, but she wasn't like anyone else, but that didn't matter for the sakes of what she was saying. she was glad that the girl was enjoying her time at the castle. she seemed pretty impressed by the magic. "The magic is pretty cool right." she said waving her wand at the table and muttering an incantation. It was a tricky spell that she had been practising, a few moments later a small gryffindor badge lay there, it wasn't much but it was a complex spell, it was just a shame she couldn't make food that way "Most of the people here are pretty nice too, there are a few snakes that you have to keep an eye out for, but all of the gryffindors are cool, the hufflepuffs are friendly, and the ravenclaws are okay too, but they keep to themselves as a whole, but there are exceptions in all houses" she said summing up the houses. It wasn't that all os the snakes were mean, or all puffs overtly nice but as a general rule it as how it went. "the professors are all nice though, just keep an eye out for Professor Styx. Professor Kingsley is great though" she added.

A soft sigh of relief came out of Andrea's mouth when the prefect said that Andrea could call her whatever she wants. Andrea thought for a moment. She knew that the prefect only told her so because she saw that Andrea was flustered. She had said earlier that she would call her only Briar, so Andrea called her by it. "I'll call you Briar, Briar" She said, feeling a little dumb. Seriously, can't she get even more lamer? This was the lamest conversation Andrea had her whole life. "Yep" Andrea replied, regarding about Briar's remark that the magic is pretty cool. It is, the magic is this place is just extraordinary. Briar waved her wand at a table at muttered some things and then a small Gryffindor badge came of of the blue. "Wow, that's awesome! Can you teach me that?" She said, amazed by Briar's incantation. "Yes, I know" Andrea replied, turning her gaze towards a group of Slytherin laughing and teasing a Hufflepuff. This always happen. Other Slytherins just love oppressing other people. "Yeah. They're all very nice" Andrea agreed, adding a little smile on her face. The professors were indeed very nice.

Briar smiled, trying to comfort the firstly. "and i will call you Andrea, Andrea" she replied repeating what the girl had said. "Sorry, I am afraid not, I have only just learned how to do it myself you see, but you can keep the badge if you want, though i don't know if it is good or not, If its faulty then sorry i am still trying to get the hang of it" she said, smiling at her. she followed the girls gaze to a group of third year snakes picking on a second year puff. "Sorry i will be back in a moment." she said getting up and heading over to them. "I suggest that you leave her alone now, and head back to your common room or do something else, or i will have to report you to professor Styx." she said the slytherins looked at her trying to see if she was serious, they looked at each other and then took a step backwards and took a seat on one of the sofas and started playing exploding snap. she gave the hufflepuff her things back that had been thrown on the floor thank you" the younger girl said with a smile. She went back to Andrea "sorry about that". she said sitting back down. "so what do you enjoy doing?" she asked trying to restart the conversation.

Andrea let out a friendly grin. The prefect was very nice, that made Andrea very happy. She didn't know that prefects were this nice. "It's okay, maybe next time you can teach me." Andrea said, feeling a little disappointed that the prefect couldn't teach her the incantation she just did. "But, I will keep the badge" She said, adding a little friendly smile. he walked towards the table and snatched it ans then put it in her pocket so as a remembrance. Briar suddenly saw what Andrea had saw too. She saw the group of snakes teasing the puff. Briar quickly told Andrea that he would be back for a moment and Andrea replied a nod. The prefect walked towards the snakes warned them. The faces of the snakes flooded with guilt and quickly walked away and played another game instead, while Briar picked up the Hufflepuff's things. The puff thanked her then walked away. Briar came back with a smile on her face. "Are you kidding me? That was awesome! Being a prefect must be really cool" Andrea replied, her face was filled with light of too much adoration. She would really love to be a prefect.

Briar frowned slightly. "I dont know if i will be able to, it is complex magic, but if you want i will teach you something later" she said before she had to go and sort out the slytherins.
she was surprised that Andrea thought that it was awesome. She would have done something similar even if she hadn't been a prefect, she disliked people picking on others. The job just made it easier for her. "That wasn't much" she said shrugging it off, she tried not to overuse her prefectness, and she tried to always to be fair, and would only report students if it was serious. "Its pretty good being a prefect, but some of the night patrols are long, and with quidditch and schoolwork. I don't get much free time" she said she did enjoy it, she hadn't expected it at all, the had been sure that she had been in too much trouble to get the role.

"Okay then" Andrea happily replied. She just can't believe that she was talking to an actual prefect, let alone teach her to do some magic. This,maybe, is the best day Andrea had ever experienced in her days in Hogwarts as a First Year cub. The prefect seemed to be surprised, Andrea's heart started beating faster than usual. She was afraid she might say something that may hurt or even scare the prefect away. "Of course that was" Andrea said, looking very confused. What the prefect did was very hero-like, something a role model would do, something a prefect would do. "You're a quidditch player also? Wow, you are indeed awesome!" Andrea said, well, practically yelled. She was just very amazed to know that Briar is also a quidditch player.

briar was glad that the girl was happy to lear something different off her. she would have to work out what she had already learned, maybe protago would be useful, "have you learned protago yet?" she asked. deciding that unless she had already learnt it that would be a good one to teach her, the shield. she decided that different people had different things about what was awesome and what was normal, Briar had always tried to stick up for those in bad situations, even if it meant risking herself, or getting into trouble. "Okay if you say so" she said not truly convinced.
when Andrea practically shouted that she was awesome across the room she gestured to her to be a little quieter, whilst her face was starting to heat up in embarrassment. "yep, I am a chaser on the house team. do you follow guidditch? Who do you support" she asked trying once again to turn the attention off herself and find out a little about the girl, or really just talk about anything else.

"No. What's Protago?" Andrea asked, in response of the prefect asking her if she had learned Protago. Andrea knows only a few spells, from Veronica and from the professors. She doesn't know any hard spell and stuff like that, after all, she was still a first year. She still wasn't used to spells at the moment, she was still getting the hang of it. Andrea smiled, in reply of Briar agreeing to her remark. This was her day. She can't wait to tell her parents and siblings that she'd met one of the most important people in Hogwarts. She was really happy. It was like seeing her favorite NBA player, Kobe Bryant, for the first time. Briar gestured Andrea to be a more quiet because she practically yelled. Andrea turn bright red. She was very embarrassed. "I am so sorry. I didn't mean to shout" She said, looking extremely guilty. Never in her intentions did she wanted to embarrass the prefect. She's just happy, that's all. "Cool. I'm not really a quidditch fan, but I'd say quidditch is a nice game" Andrea replied, she bit her lip before she added "I'm more into Muggle Sports like basketball, tennis, swimming and chess".

"Protago is the shield charm, it is used to block spells and curses, It is pretty good against most of the milder spells" she said, although she was pretty sure it wouldn't hold out against the big stuff, the powerful dark magic, but most of the things the students here would cast it would be strong enough for.
she could see that the girl got embarrassed by her actions and she smiled. "don't worry about it, Everyone gets exited every now and then." she said chuckling slightly. vaguely in the back of her mind she wondered if Andrea would be as exited to meet her if she knew what she was, probably not, that was why she hadn't told anyone, not even her best friends, she only had her letters to keep that part of her sane. "I had never heard of quidditch until i started here, and i tried to get on the team as soon as i could, now it is one of my goals to play pro. but if you are more interested in muggle sport there is a muggle sport club, i think they do competitions of all sorts of muggle sports, from soccer, to skating i think, i have never joined though" she sugested, she didn't want the girl to feel like she had to join it was just an option if she enjoyed sport and missed playing them like she would do at home.

"Cool. Would you teach me that, then?" Andrea asked. Briar had described to her what the spell "Protago" is and it seems that it is a shield charm that blocks spells and curses. Andrea doesn't have much information about spells and charms since she only learns them from classes because she doesn't like reading books much. She only knows a few minor spells and charms which are Alohomora, Lumos, Wingardium Leviosa and other more. Later, Briar seemed to notice Andrea's embarrassed look, so she told Andrea to not worry about it. Andrea, however just nodded. Briar, then said that she never heard of quidditch until here at Hogwarts and then she wanted to get on the team as soon as she could, she also suggested Andrea to sign up in the Muggle Sports Club since she likes Muggle Sports, this brightened up Andrea's face, but just a little bit. "Maybe when I'm in my Second or Third Year. I'm still getting to know the school" She said, adding a little smile.

Briar nodded. "sure, like i said the incantation is protago" she said saying the the word clearly and slowly. and the wand movement is like this" she said flicking her wand twice in the correct way, once fast, and once slower. both times she practiced the spell non verbally. she was having a little trouble getting that to work consistently, she could do it, but her spells were always weaker, or only working occasionally, she was trying to practice, so that they were always working and the same strength as verbal spells. on the second time she felt a shield flicker into life, briefly before she let it go. "it may take a bit of practicing though before you get it to work" she said, she knew that it was a good spell to teach people, a means of blocking most unwanted spells.
when Andrea said she may sign up for the club in later years she nodded. "thats a good idea. get used to the school first and see if there is anything else that you enjoy." she said.

Andrea was sparkling. Sparkling with happiness. She was really happy that a prefect would teach her magic, well other than a professor of course. Andrea listened and looked carefully as Briar demonstrated how to use the spell. She flicked her wand twice in the correct way, once fast and once slower. "Oh" Andrea replied. It was a bit hard because she can't really understand it but she bets, with a lot more practice, she could master it. "Yeah" She said in reply of Briar saying that it would take a bit of practicing. Andrea still hadn't mastered the easiest spells and charms like Wingardium Leviosa because she says she's too "busy" to practice it but since the Protago spell was taught by her idolized prefect, she will surely practice it all the time. "Yeah" She said again. Andrea thinks that it is right to get to know the school first before she decides to join any school clubs.

Briar looked at her watch, "Oh no" she muttered. surprised at the time. "sorry i didn't realise the time. I have to go, I have prefect duty in ten minutes, and i need to drop this in my dorm first" she said. she stood up and put all of her belongings in her bag. "If you still need a little help with Protao, i will be happy to show you again when i have more time" she said, feeling bad that she had not had enough time to show the girl the spell properly. "I am sure i will see you around, but if not for a while good luck with studying and everything. bye" she said leaving the lounge in a little bit of a rush. she headed along the corridor and up a passageway that was a shortcut to the right floor. she took the steps two at a time running. getting to the common room, then dorm before taking a different set of steps down to the prefects common room arriving just on time.
OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for cutting this short, but i have a lot of RP's going at the moment. so a couple have to end. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back