Meeting an old friend.

Willow Autumn

OOC First Name
★ Missy
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Willow breathed in the fresh air contently.
Classes at Hogwarts were starting up soon and she wanted to take in all the sights before the stress of homework came through.
She enjoyed the smell of freshly mowed grass and the sun beaming down on her fair skin. She enjoyed gazing amongst beautiful
flowers growing in the nearby garden and the far away glittering of the lake.

She smiled as students walked past in their friendship groups, enjoying the afternoon sun, many were playing games such as Exploding snap and Wizards Chess.

Sitting underneath one of many majestic trees on the great lawn she hummed quietly, expecting an old friend to arrive.

Christopher was enjoying Hogwarts. The sun beat on the roof of the Gryffindor tower, enticing the boy out. He'd cooped himself in while the weather hadn't been so flash; now it was sunny. Moving with a smile and a bounce in his step, Chris descended down the stairs and outside to see what he could see. Which was.. someone he recognised.

"Tag!" Chris tapped his friend gently on the back, and expecting her to jump or tag him back Chris stepped backwards. "Hi Willow!"

Willow let her concentration lapse, letting her mind wander over the many things she saw at Hogwarts so far.

A tap on her back caused her to jump and a voice only too familiar called out. Quickly turning behind her to reach the stranger;
"Damn, Missed!" She laughed and stood up. "Hi Chrisyyy!" She gave Chris a mischievous look and then relaxed her expression to her usual self.

"Isn't Hogwarts fantastic AND the fact that we're at the same school AND the same house? It's like we're supposed to be in the same place." She beamed.

Chris let out a chuckle, as Willow suddenly reached eye-level, backing further away. "I know, it's really scary huh." Chris gave a mock worried expression then cracked up, loving the fact that he was at a magic school with his best friend.

"You planning on tagging me back, or is the game off." Chris' eyes had a mischievious glint to them, he was going to do his best to win.

Willow laughed; "Oh hell yeah I am planning on tagging you back. It's like the time in Kaikorai when you forced me to chase you around the sleeping lady. I am so getting you back!" She placed her hands on her hips and smirked.

"You're not getting off this easily anyway." She wiggled her fingers as if they we're her magic 'tagging fingers' and got her self in the running position.
"You know, running in a skirt - ain't that fun to be honest" she smirked again before the chase began.

Scary.. yeah that was Willow. As she spoke, Chris remembered that day. "Ha, didn't I win then, too?" he laughed triumphantly, before he realized that she was running to tag him.

"Hey!" Chris turned and sprinted away, towards another tree. A willow tree, to be exact.

"Yeah, you did. but I'ma get you back!" She shouted after him and dodging an oak tree along the way.

At times like this, Willow wished she was more athletic than a musician. She knew that Chris was an Orienteering person while herself was more 'stay on the one spot'. Although she did play muggle sports such as netball and hockey, it doesn't mean she was that fit either - considering her aunt's baking sprees.

"Hey, you're not aloud near the Willow trees! we swore that we'll never associate my name with trees remember!"
She shouted jokingly.

At times like this, Willow was glad that Chris was her best friend, all her other friends would think her jokes were pretty lame, but Chris would usually appreciate them..."I think" She thought as she sprinted towards the tree.

[guess who got bored of formatting after a while xD]

Clambering into the branches of the willow tree, Chris poked his tongue out at his friend. It wasn't too high, so when she tried to follow he could just swing down and run off on the ground. Easy-peasy. "Doesn't mean I can't climb them!"

Chris edged into a position in the tree that he could safely get down from, and looked at Willow with one hand firmly clasped around a branch.

"Hey Willow... Guess what I saw before I left Dunedin?"

[I don't normally write such short RPs :/]

Willow pouted; "you know I can't climb trees in this stupid skirt!" She whined as she looked up at Chris.

She shook her head, hands on waist and smirked;
"I'm guessing you saw a willow tree before you left dunedin" she rolled her eyes and continued,
"OR you saw something completely awesome, that I wished I was there, but wasn't there and therefore your going to like rub it into my face or something" She winked.

She loved making things seem more dramatic than they really were, but knowing Chris - everything was over dramatic when they shared news. It was just how they were, and she loved it.

Chris's eyes widened, as did his smile. "You don't know? Like, you actually don't know?"

Chris had forgotten about the skirt, but he instead settled down triumphantly, just out of Willow's reach. "Kaikorai is adding more to the junior playground. Isn't that awesome! And yeah, I saw a willow tree too," he finished sheepishly.

The boy loved how he could actually talk to Willow, when if he tried to talk to anyone else he'd get all nervous and flustered and wind up mumbling to the ground.

"Oh really? I heard that they made a better sandpit there a few months ago or something" She knelt down and sat on her knees looking up at Chris; "I also heard something about adding a bigger slide or something cool in the senior playground. What I wish was that they re-did the stupid concrete area near the sports shed" She picked a daisy lazily and twirled it in her fingers; "Then again, they always get the best stuff when we leave. Did you hear balmacewen re-did all the classrooms up so now they got better desks and everything. Talk about disappointment." She casually flicked the daisy away and laid back on the grass.

"I have to tell you, I'm still not used to sleeping far away from home." She sighed.

Chris momentarily forgot about the game of tag, and swung out of the willow tree to sit by his friend. "Remember how we used to play in the sandpit? We had sand fights and the teachers banned us from playing there." He looked up at the blue sky, noting how much warmer it was up in the North Island compared to little old Dunedin. "Oh, a bigger slide? Not fair!" Chris remembered how he and Willow used to pester the principal for new playground equipment, and offered the sky a scowl to show his annoyance. "Yeah, I did hear about that. Mum sent me a letter and told me.

Chris looked back at his friend, and watched her lay back on the grass. He shifted to lean on the tree-trunk, absentmindedly plucking fistfuls of grass and discarding them in a heap. When Willow mentioned not being used to being away from home, Chris shrugged. "I haven't really thought much about home, like, I've wondered how they are but I'm not homesick."

Willow laughed and gazed at the clouds; "Yeah, It's amazing they actually realized how competitive we were at Sand throwing than castle making. Truth be told, our castles were always better than the other kids." Her lips formed a small smirk, she loved looking back on old memories, it was something that she always cherished.

She sat back up, cross legged and smoothed her skirt out; "Really, you haven't missed home much? I find it weird sleeping in a bed with other people around. I'm kinda happy I got the bed near the window sill, when everyone else is asleep, I sometimes sit on the window sill and look out onto the grounds, did you know the lake looks so pretty while we're up there? I think we've got the coolest dormitory area by far" She grinned, perfectly knowing she didn't know where all the other houses slept.

"So what has been on your mind lately?" Willow looked at Chris, it was this question that she usually referred to when Chris was being somewhat quiet.

"Nah, I mean my dorm's only got two other people in it, but I like that. It seems more like home, which is funny 'cos I'm not homesick at all." Chris had shared his room with a few foster kids back in Dunedin, they were always changing but he'd made a few friends out of it. Then again, some of them had been awful and made his life a living hell while they'd been staying. "Funny, I can see the lake from my bed too. But I think the girls' dorms are higher up." Chris gave a scowl at this; he loved heights.

"On my mind? Not much, but y'know? I've had lessons and homework and stuff to do so I haven't really thought too much about anything." Chris wasn't nearly as busy as the older students, but he had a disadvantage with his dyslexia so he had to try a tiny bit harder.

Willow stood up and walked towards Chris giving him a warm smile; "It's your dyslexia right? Don't worry, if you need any help just tell me kay?" She left the topic at that, she knew Chris didn't like talking about his dyslexia and she understood correctly.

"Mm, no? Well the girl's dorms are on the same level I guess. well, maybe not. Sucky that you can't even come into my dorm just to visit, but it's funny seeing how I'm aloud to wander into your dorms whenever I feel like it" Willow giggled and continued talking;
"Yeah, Defence against the dark arts was a bit scary don't you think? That professor seemed really daunting..." Her voice trailed, she didn't really like being intimidated by someone older than herself.

Chris cringed, he hated talking about the dyslexia just as much as he hated attributing it to him with a personal pronoun. He stayed silent, not wanting to admit his weakness.

"Yeah, that's real sucky. It's not fair that you girls get the run of the tower!" he scowled at his friend, before relaxing and giggling with her. "I've heard the Herbology teacher is worse, not looking forward to that eh."

[gah, sorry. a bit preoccupied.]

Willow noticed he dismissed her comment about his dyslexia, she bit her lip.
I hope I didn't offend him..or make him uncomfortable. She thought and gave the best smile that she could muster up amidst her battle of 'did I or didn't I?'.

"yeah, I heard the Herbology guy was worse, although I'm pretty scared of talking about it out here - they could be lurking in the bushes listening in on us!" She jumped around to see if there was anyone behind her and a whole lot of butterflies flew from a nearby rose bush.

"Apparently the Butterflies were listening in on us." She placed her hands on her hips and continued; "And If any of you butterflies tell anyone our secrets then I'll personally make you into butterfly cakes" She laughed at her own joke. Knowing that Butterfly cake was definitely not made from butterflies. She paused for a moment and her face turned a slight shade of pink, She was a bit embarrassed and was now looking around to see if anyone actually heard her talk to the butterflies.

After all, she was only 11.

"You're just paranoid!" Chris laughed at his friend, giving her a wide grin. Although he did shiver a bit at the thought of those teachers spying on them.

"Butterfly cake? Yum.." Chris loved baking, well the eating part. He turned a little pink at the thought, then laughed as Willow looked about for other people that might have heard.

OOCOut of Character:
blahblahBLAH!

OOCOut of Character:

WHOOPS! Forgot to post XD Sorry!

Willow smirked, "I'm not paranoid, I just have an overly excited imagination..." She made her eyes all shifty and grinned, "Or, I'm just plain crazy" Willow rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Mmm butterfly cake, remember that random ladybug cake we tried to make back in Balmac?...that was epic fail" She laughed at the memory, the cake turned out to be disastrous and was burned in majority of the places and to cover it up they tried to ice it brightly, but instead of icing sugar they used powdered salt. "I don't think I ever got over that cake either"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back