Linnux Majors

Chaser for Ballycastle Bats // Dork

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Linnux Majors had never felt more honored than when he walked into the great hall and spotted his date. He was proud of the choice of outfit he'd made, as it drew all the attention he needed to feel a bit special. The brunette boy grinned at the dirty blonde haired person he planned to spend the evening with. His heels clicked the floor as he walked and finally he approached his date. "Excuse me, may I have the honor of one dance?" The grin on his face couldn't compare to anything else, and Linnux only hoped that he got the reaction out of his so-called Date that he wanted. Mostly it was humor, but also it was undeniable that he'd be the man, considering he towered around six inches over the fellow Gryffindor. His hair was slicked back, styled to make him appear even taller and he ran his long tendrils through it, trying to appear charming and not break his character.

Chaser had attended every Yule Ball since the first, even if during his last he was on the wrong side of the walls when it took place. The suit he'd been given as a younger teen had finally shrunk to suit his size, and for the first he was feeling as though he wouldn't be about to scare of any of the students as he walked through the decorated event. He was punching on a handful of peanuts, waiting for his so called date so show, when he heard the guys voice to his side. Chaser's head turned, and he almost immediately began to choke on his peanut at the sight of Linnux, bright red heels up to this thighs. After a few seconds of hacking at his throat, Chaser finally responded, incredibly seriously, "You're joking right?" He would certainly made the school newspaper dressed like that, and before Chaser could control himself any longer he burst out laughing, chucking the shells over his shoulder and jogging over to pull his mate into a hug, slapping him hard on the back as he did so. "We're you not tall enough already?" he asked, walking round his dorm mate to check every angle, wondering how he'd managed to keep them a secret in their room.

The look on Chaser's face was exactly what Linnux had hoped for, and much like his friend he couldn't control his cackling laughter when finally Chaser let it out. The brunette held his gut for a moment, trying to contain himself. "I am not. Listen what's more embarrassing than everyone seeing your underwear? Nothing - but this comes close." He struck a pose in the red heels, before replying. "And no, girls like guys who are really tall right? Gotta look part-giant for all of this." he laughed, glancing around the great hall, flashing smiles and pointing at the students that stared. "They love a good joke." He spoke, obviously still just as confident in the red leather boots as he was in his quidditch gear. The Hogwarts student glanced around the room. "Tempo kept these with her if you're wondering how I hid them." He said with a grin, offering his arm to Chaser."Come on, don't stand me up. I wore these just for you." He spoke with a joking wink.

Chaser was proud. Proud to have a best friend who was willing to own the room and everyone in it even if he was going to get laughed at for weeks. That's what bravery really was. That was why he'd made Gryffindor. Chaser slapped him on the butt before taking his arm, following the confident fifth year across to the dance floor. Chaser felt a little overdressed at this point, but he gracefully raised his head as tall as he could make it, resting his hands on his friends shoulders. "I hope you don't think that just because your taller than me that I'm touching your waist though." Butt was fine. Waist was just a step too far. "Unless you want to treat me like a real lady in which case in all ears." Chaser grinned at the brunette, purposely beginning to dance to the music out of beat, just because.

Linnux continued to grin at his friend. "Well you're actually going to be the girl, I was the girl most of last year!" He spoke with a laugh, remembering how he'd pulled on Chaser's bow tie, nearly choking him. It was all in good fun and he released it before his friend passed out, but he hated being the girl when they danced. "You're the lucky duck that gets to put your hands on my chest and look up at my beautiful jawline!" He spoke, his hands running over the skin which was stubbly from signs of his first facial hair. "You on the other hand." He gave a mischievous grin, waggling his fingers. "Get to feel my sweaty palm awkwardly on your hips. If you have any hips." He spoke laughing, wigging his way to be the guy as they danced, his boots making his movements a little awkward.

"Get ya filthy paws on my hips already man," Chaser urged, recalling how at least this year they were wearing, as hard as it may be to believe, more appropriate clothing. It wasn't a big deal, they'd done enough stupid things in the last five years that dancing with Linnux in red high heeled boots was relatively low on their list of embarrassing moments. "Twirl me," he demanded, throwing his hands up as he began to spin, feeling as beautiful as all the other girls in the room. Without any warning, Chaser then proceeded to fall into a dip, trusting that his friend would be able to catch him before he hit the ground.

Chaser's false aggression - if it could be called that - cause Lin to hold a look of false surprise. "Slowly, slowly, don't wanna rush." He laughed, as he grabbed hold of his best friend and they danced. Chaser obviously was working on his skills for his new grilfriend as he attempted to twirl and dip. Unfortunately for him Linnux wasn't very good at catching, and his friend slipped off him, allowing him to thunk solidly to the floor. Couples around them glanced over for a brief moment, but mostly continued dancing, despite Linnux nearly rolling on the floor in laughter. He felt bad, he did, but frankly it was too funny to not laugh at. "I'm sorry mate, I know you can't afford to lose any more brain cells." He said, wiping at his crying tears and extending a hand to help Chaser to his feet.

Chaser liked to believe he had the patience of a saint, but that paired with the energetic enthusiasm of a baby lamb meant that he often jumped into situations without fully understanding the consequences. As his back and head smacked into the stone ground below, this was one such occasion. He groaned in pain, his laughter continuing to escape through his lips as he realised he should have known better than to let the gangling boy catch him in time. He grabbed out at his mates hand, trying to settle both his sore head and the pain in his stomach from his chuckles when he heard Linnux's comment. Instead of pulling himself up, he yanked at the boys hand, hoping that he wasn't concentrating hard enough in those ridiculous heels to bother about balance, as though it had ever been any good. "You told me I was to be treated like a lady! You don't see anyone else lying on the floor," he laughed, rolling over to his front to pick himself up. "So far you're doing a terrible job as my date," he said, simultaneously rubbing his head and the lower part of his back.

Linnux continued his chortles as his friend claimed he wasn't being treated as a Lady. "Mate, anyone else laying on their back certainly isn't at the dance." The boy was merely tryign to help, when Chaser tugged down on him. Linnux nearly hitting the floor. He placed a hand on his shoulder, lips inches from his best mate's face. "Sneaky, kisses aren't till the end." He said, finally heaving the man up. He slugged his friend gently on the arm, before looking him over. "No blood, you're just being a sissy." He remarked, before grabbing him in a dancing position again. "Alright, should we try this again, or are you going to continue to be fiesty?" he asked, as if he expected Chaser not to be. The boy was always as such, it was one of the reasons they were friends. Chaser was unafraid to be his wild self, and help to bring out the best and the worst parts of Linnux. Perhaps he wasn't ambitious or driven, but he cared deeply for his friends and would fight till the end for them, which was what made him a Gryffindor after all. He smiled and forced his friend to sway a little. "So let's get back to the situation at hand, when am I going to have to start sharing your love with that babe you claim you have no photos of?"

Chaser scoffed at Lin's response, only feeling better in his decision to attempt to drag him down to the floor too. He'd swatted him away when he almost fell on top of him, not wanting his first kiss to be ruined by the guy in heels. As they resumed their dancing positions, Chaser began to move a little more slowly this time, but mainly because his back was killing him. He'd have to demand a massage later and since it was Linnux's fault he'd fallen over he would pester him all night if he had to. "I thought you liked a little spice in your life," he commented, raising an eyebrow. It was part of the fun after all and he trusted no one else to be able to handle his level of enthusiasm, even if he couldn't handle his weight. Chaser smirked when Linnux mentioned Aminia again, there was no getting away with it. "You're my first love, you could never be replaced," he began, shaking his head in furiosity. "But no, even if Aminia does like me that way, which is yet to be confirmed, who knows maybe I'll end up moving to New Zealand and writing to you instead. Pictures included." He laughed, occasionally stepping on his friends feet seemingly accidentally, not realising he'd just let her name slip.

Linnux laughed a little. "When I said a little spice I meant a cute blonde or some curry." He remarked to him, purposely patting him on the back just slightly, knowing it was most likely sore from hitting the ground. "First love? I should be your last love." He spoke dramatically, pulling away and throwing the back of his hand against his forehead as if in despair. The look disapeared when he heard a key word. "Aminia?" He asked, smirking. "So she does have a name. Sounds french, is she french?" He asked, wondering if his friend was after a prissy girl. Not that he knew all french girls were prisses, but the last one they met had put honey in the hood of his jacket. "Hey, you think if she doesn't like you, you could give her my address." He teased, unaware if Chaser had any real feelings for the girl in question, after all it didn't seem they knew each other well.

Chaser dramatically rolled his eyes at his buddy, "Right, right". He hated the nights Linnux ate curry. He had to remind his mom whenever he came to stay with them that that was off the menu otherwise he wouldn't be able to breath in his own room for the next week. Chaser focused however when his dormmate repeated the name, although he managed to keep the cool in his face this time, had he really never even told him her name? "She's Russian actually," he began, realising how hard it was not to tell him all the details through excitement. Before he could get carried away though, Chaser found himself grabbing a fistful of the brunettes hair, pulling him sideways before breaking out into another laugh, "Touch her you die." he chuckled, before realising his friend. His hand was sticky. "How much did you put in there?" he asked him in disgust, wiping the product from his hand on the Gryffindors attire.

Linnux laughed at his friends reaction. "You mum's curry is the best. Maybe she'll make some next time I come over. Don't worry though, the couch should be plenty comfortable for you." He stated, kicking the bottom of Chaser's foot gently, before he could step on and scuff his boots again. "Russian? What's she in such a hurry for." The laugh at his bad joke was short lived at Chaser gripped his luxurious locks and tugged them. "Ow ow!" He spoke. While his friend laughed, Linnux definitely thought he was serious. "Hey I said nothing about touching her! I don't know what you guys are doing through your letters!" he teased, laughing as he readjusted his hair. "Oh enough to stick you to the wall, mainly because I thought you'd be a smarta** at some point and do that. Hands are going to smell like chemicals for weeks." He laughed. "You gonna pass your newts so distracted by your weird letters?"

Chaser made a small gagging face at the thought of Linnux and his moms curry, hoping that she would remember his note. Linnux was such a joker sometimes, but it was easy for the mood to be lifted when he was in it, so long as he didn't pollute the environment too heavily with his chemicals. "Clearly I need to up my unpredictability then," he replied, trying to get the gunk out from between his fingers. His own hair was fluffy and wild, just how he liked it. Gave him a bit of extra padding when he hit the floor. Chaser sniggered at his next comment, "Dunno about that mate, gotta get through my OWLs first," he said, elbowing him in the chest. He had plenty of time to get through his exams and lessons before he had to deal with the pressure of newts. "And hey, at least I have someone to get distracted by," he grinned, knowing how much Linnux would have loved to have had a friend like Aminia.

"Chaser..." Linnux chided gently. "You know because we are the same person I will always know your move before you make it!" He stated, before making an 'oomf' noise at being elbowed in the chest. "Okay, maybe not every move." He admitted, rubbing the spot on his chest where he'd connected. "Hey, I don't know if I wish that. I still don't know what she looks like. She might be revolting! Or worse, she might just be like, a dude in a wig." He spoke, teasing Chaser, prodding him to at least catch a glimpse of the girl he was talking to. If she was good looking then Linnux would have lost a bet with Tempo - who bet that she was hot and nuts, while Linnux said she was ugly adn sane. It had to be one or the other for Chaser to get her. "Your parents know about the supposed babe you're trying to get at?" He inquired, genuinely curious as he slowly led the two of them back to the snacks.

Chaser burst out laughing when he thought about the alternatives that Linnux had come up with about Aminia, although if he thought that that would get him to reveal to his friend the photos he had of her he would be sadly mistaken. His smile fell only a little when he asked about his parents, not because it was a difficult question to answer but because it was taking a slightly more serious tone. He felt as though he was being judged slightly by his best friend, and although he'd always been aware that Linnux only wanted the best for him, Chaser would have preferred to have kept the mood light. "Yeah they know. The day we met my mom met her and then, my dad, he found out shortly afterwards because as you know my mom is terrible at keeping things on the down low," he said not looking at his friend but with a small smile on his face. "Mads knows too, although she wasn't quite as accepting." he found himself admitting quickly, not even turning to see if his friend had heard him properly.

Linnux had grabbed some of the chips and a little bit of punch, setting his food on a ledge nearby to be able to hold the punch and munch happily at the same time. He considered his friends words, but at the mention of his younger sister knowing he nearly spat out his drink. "You told Maggie?" he asked, punch dribbling down his chin which he quickly wiped at. Swallowing hard the chips nearly cut open his throat, or it felt that way. "You must really like this girl! I'm happy for you man. Hope she doens't turn out like some of the girls around here." He muttered, knowing friends whom had had young hearts broken just by getting too close. As much as Linnux joked about girls, he didn't want to date anyone, not yet. He wanted to focus on becoming a quidditch player first, then he figured he'd meet someone. Everything would happen in its own time. "So you kiss her yet? Or are you seeing her over break?" He asked. "I don't mean to be nosy, Chase i hope you know that i'm mostly looking out for you, but also wanna make sure you never forget who really loves you." He said, moving and smacking a dramatic kiss on his cheek.

Chaser's head shot up when Linnux began to dribble, and put out a sleeve to wipe off some of the punch from his chin that he'd missed. "Well yeah." He'd told Maggie during one of their updates, feeling as though it would be good to keep his sister in the loop with what was going on in his personal life, and besides, she would be able to spend time with Aminia at Hogwarts and Chaser knew how hard she'd been struggling to find friends since joining her first year. Chaser shrugged, it wasn't as though he'd sought her out the day they'd met, it just kinda happened. "Mostly," he repeated, slapping the side of his friends head as he moved over to kiss his cheek. "Like you'd ever be replaced you beautiful man beast," he added, his index finger of his free hand stroking his nose with a little flick at the end. There weren't many people he could get away with doing or saying that to and he loved Linnux even more for it. "I hope when your time comes I get the details too right?" he grinned at his friend, taking Lin's glass off him for a sip.

Chaser smiled at his friend, the expression only fading once he was flicked in the nose. "You're such an a**" He laughed at his friend, throwing an arm around him. "when the time comes I'll share all the pictures with you, Mate. Promise." He said with a grin. "Now come on, let's dance before my legs get too sweaty in these boots." He responded, shoveling the rest of his food in his face, and leaving the plate behind.

"I know," he replied, sliding a hand round his waist, although feeling the heat and the sweat radiating from his back made him almost immediately regret his choice. He followed his friend across to the dance floor, vowing secretly he was never going to let Linnux forget this night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back