Kisses & Duel

Kasey Blake

OOC First Name
Nishma
Wand
Holly Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Feather
It was Kasey's first day in the winter holidays and this Ravenclaw had come to her family manor. She missed Benjamin and Lila dearly and having not seen Lila for a year was too much for Kasey to handle. Her OWLs were over which took a great load off her mind, for a while at least. This teenager was here to enjoy her holiday to its fullest and spend some quality time with her family.

Waking up from her soft and comfy bed, she took off her covers and the windows magically opened, the sun shining dimly at her. She smiled to herself and quickly got dressed up..Although she seemed so happy and tension free, there was a thought in her mind that was creeping on her by the minute. The boys, Benjamin and Daniel were arriving today from Dumstrang.

She would be very happy to see her brother but how she would face Dan she did not know.She hoped everything would go fine and no one would press a paining nerve during the holidays. A part of her was dying to see Daniel whom she still fancied, though she would not accept it and on one side she was scared to see the outcome of their holidays together.

Benjamin smiled as their feet touched the grounds of New Zealand. The island was very welcoming to Ben since he had spent two weeks here a month ago and had many contacts of female who were interested in him. That was a bright side but the brighter side was that he would be seeing his sister after a whole year.

They had come to New Zealand using a portkey and he was thankful that the Professor had arranged it for them. He couldn't bear another flight and two days of jet leg. He looked at his right to see if Daniel had made it safely. With a smile he told his friend "Mom said we should use the taxi but I want to apparate"

"Take my arm and don't tell her about it" he added with a grin.

Daniel's feet touched the ground and a smile formed on his lips. It was winter in New Zealand, a weather he was used to. Several thoughts ran through his head as he breathed the cool winter air, his lungs feeling alive again after the portkey. He would be spending a whole month with the Carla family, people whom he truly cared for, he would be able to see Kasey again....

He didn't know how she would behave with him after what had happened two months ago at Brightstone village however he hoped, deep down in his heart that she would once again be his. Hearing Ben say about apparating, he gulped. First the porkey now this... he thought miserably as he grabbed Benjamin's hand and shut his eyes tightly.

Benjamin closed his eyes and focused on the lane beside the Carla manor. His feet left the muggle streets of New Zealand and next minute he found himself in the middle of nowhere. There were no houses in sight for about a kilometer except for a manor that stood on a hill. The gardens covered the front view but as Ben had recently been to his home he knew what view he would find inside.

"Mom won't be at home. She didn't get a day off" he said with a frown as he started leading Daniel through the drive way. In a moment or two he would see his sister, someone whom he loved the most in the whole world.

It was first time for Daniel to travel by apparation. Although he had never done it he was well aware of the first time results, throwing up. As his feet touched the ground, a disgusting feeling raised in his throat and he vomited in the bush. He felt wary as they walked into the manor. All the good thoughts had been replaced by this nasty taste in his mouth.

Walking through the gates of the manor, straight into the living room he put his rucksack on the couch before searching for someone to give him some water. His eyes fell on Kasey, staying rooted at her, his mind forgetting all about the urgency of water and the disgusting taste that his mouth was experiencing at the moment. His face was emotionless, cold, his sky blue eyes locking with Kasey's as he waited for something to be said because subconciously he knew that if he spoke, he would throw up again.

Entering the manor, he smiled as the feeling of home touched him. He followed Daniel into the living room laughing at him for throwing up. Ben hadn't vomited the first time and therefore he found it very funny. His voice rang through the room and his eyes fell on Kasey. As he approached his younger sister he noticed Daniel staring at her and coughed loudly. "He just vomited" he told Kasey as he waved his wand and conjured a glass and filled it water and handed it to Dan.

Pulling Kasey into a warm hug he asked her "How has my little princess been?" Benjamin couldn't help smiling, till his cheeks were hurting. "I have brought you gifts" he told Kasey enthusiastically as he opened he put his trunk on the couch and opened it searching for Kasey's surprise present.

Kasey smiled as she heard Benjamin's laugh in the living room. Daniel enetered first being shortly followed by Benjamin. Kasey's two favourite boys were here, what else did she want. She rasied an eyebrow as she looked at Daniel who seemed like he was sick. But the question disappeared from her mind as she realized that he was looking at her, staring. She looked down at her feet, the colour in her cheeks rising. Risking a glance at him, she quickly looked down again because he had not moved his gaze.

Jumping as Ben coughed loudly and answered her unasked question on Daniel concern showed clearly on her face. Why did he vomit? she thought as Benjamin wrapped her in a hug. Smiling at her brother she kissed his cheek and said "I am fine, my exams went great". Although Benjamin mentioned gift, which would delight Kasey at any moment, she was not excited.

She was worried about Daniel and although she tried to hide it but couldn't hide her anxiety for him. Taking out her handkerchief she walked to him instead of looking at Ben's trunk and wiped his mouth. "Did you apparate?"she asked him, looking into his eyes searching for an answer. If it was so, she was going to tell her mother. "Are you feeling alright now?"she asked him, her hand working on it's own accord tracing the hard cheek bone of Daniel's face.

Daniel frowned as Ben stole the moment of his eye contact with Kasey by coughing loudly. Taking the glass of water he drank silently as he watched the brother-sister reunion. Putting the glass aside on a side table he watched surprised as Kasey walked towards him rather than following Ben to see what gifts he had brought her.

His face still remained expressionless, he didn't want to show any of his feelings unless he fully discovered what Kasey wanted to do now. He didn't lower his gaze at her, his sky-blue eyes looking at Kasey's chocolate brown piercing them as if he would get all his answers from her eyes.

He heard her questions, clearing seeing the concern for him but if it wasn't going to last, there was no need of reacting to it. "Yeah we did" he told her as he felt her hand on his cold cheek. "Yes"he added when she asked if he was fine. He did not bother to stop her or do anything else to please her or invite her. This time, Dan was going to test and see how much luck he had.

Although he did not speak anything or touch her or smile, he did not stop her. He continued to gaze into her eyes, her beautiful eyes and waited for the magic to begin.

Ben searched his trunk for the wrapped purple box, he couldn't find it. He heard Kasey's question and Daniel's simple answer. They aren't on best terms, he thought with a sigh. He wasn't sure what he wanted, Kasey and Dan to break up or to be a couple. He just wanted Kasey to be happy. "I can't find it right now" he announced his brains lost in his trunk, too occupied to notice the exchange going on behind his back.

"What's for lunch?"he asked Kasey as stuffed back the items into the trunk. "I am starving" he added as he closed the it and got on his feet turning around to see his friend and his sister. He was shocked to see, Kasey's hand on Daniel's cheek and their eye contact. He didn't know what to do, not cough again of course. They are mad, he thought with another sigh.

Hearing Daniel's reply and receiving the gaze she realized what she had been doing and quickly removed her hand from his cheek. Her subconcious mind heard Benjamin's question and she replied in a whispher as if he were telling Daniel "Smashed potatoes, rice, vegetable curry and steak for you two" Kasey and Lila Carla were vegetarians but Benjamin had followed Steve's taste and like non-veg therefore meat was cooked in the Carla manor for some.

"I'll serve in ten minutes, you guys can go and shower till then" she spoke returning to all her senses and turning around immediately to face Benjamin. She realized that he had silently been looking at them and without another word Kasey left for the kitchen. The boys knew the house well to find their rooms and Kasey was feeling a guilt rise in her throat together with embarassment filling her as she left the living room.

Heating up all the food items, she filled them in respective bowls. She only had to make pudding which wouldn't take much time especially with the help of her house elf.

Daniel's lip curled at the edges as a small smile appeared on his cold face. He was well aware of Kasey and Ben's action though he didn't speak anything. Listening to Kasey's menu that was intended to be told to Ben, Dan grinned. Watching Kasey leave the room, he did not look at Benjamin although he was not embarrassed or feeling shy due to anything. Climbing the flight of stairs, three at one with his rucksack on his back he made his way to his room.

He had his plan in mind and all of it had to be done fast. Digging through his bag, he found a white shirt and dark blue trousers, taking his clothes he quickly disappeared into the bathroom for a quick shower. Wiping himself, he put on his clothes and walked out of the bathroom, water dripping from his hair.

Combing his hair roughly, he folded his sleeves, revaling his muscular arms. Without making much noise, he slid open his door and walked down to the kitchen hoping that Ben would take much time for the shower.

Ben raised an eyebrow questioning the speed at which Kasey and Daniel left him. Although he had not heard the menu as it had been whispered to Daniel he was sure there was good food. Climbing up to the first floor where his bedroom was exactly opposite to Daniel's he turned the knob and pushed it inward. Home sweet bedroom, he thought with a smile as he put his luggage aside and removing his shoes he fell on his bed. Switching on the wireless television that was famous among wizarding families he stopped on the channel of the Weird Sisters and sang with them.

After all this loud singing he remembered that he was asked to shower and so leaving the television on full volume he went to shower. Taking his time, this teenager played with water like he did when he was a kid and made bubbles. After spending about fifteen minutes in the bathroom he dressed up and decided to go down. Kasey would be waiting for them.

Kasey mixed all the ingredients that were required to make the pudding and put it to cool. She wiped the kitchen counter with a sponge, she loved doing this, the sponge and soapy bubbles attracted her in some weird way. Putting all the untensils on the table, she started taking the dishes one after the other. Now only Steak remained and the pudding of course. This was when she heard some movement by the kitchen door, turning around to think it was her elf, she was surprised to see Daniel.

He did look breathtaking after the shower, his clothes and hair making him more handsome. For a moment, she forgot how to breathe. Staying rooted at the point she realized she was staring at him and that was considered rude. Quickly turning around and engaging herself in cleaning the kitchen counter again she acted to be busy. Her mind racing with thoughts, her heart beating faster with every other beat. Just his presence made her heart flutter, she could not think anymore.

Entering the kitchen and looking at Kasey staring at him he couldn't help but smile in his mind, his face still showing no signs of pleasure. As she turned her back on him and started rubbing the kitchen counter, he noted the signs of nervousness and walked forward.

Standing beside her, he embraced her wrist and turned her to face him. The soapy bubbles that covered her hands covered his palm too. He interwove his fingers with her and using his other hand he slid her chin up making her look at him. She was more beautiful than he had seen her ever before. "How have you been?"he asked still holding her hand and chin.

None of it made sense to her. Nervousness, happy feelings, a desire to kiss him, all emotions filled her mind at once and she rubbed the kitchen counter furiously, making more white soapy bubbles around her hand. As he gripped her wrist, her heart sprang to her mouth and she turned to see him. The soap from her hand moved to his as he interwove his fingers with her.

She looked into his blue eyes as he tiled her chin and his question, him speaking to her made her shiver. "Fine" she lied but her eyelids dropped as she couldn't see him in the eye when she lied. "What about you?"she asked bucking up the little courage she had in her. Looking back into his fascinating eyes she spoke in a whisper "I am sorry for running away"

Daniel knew she was lying to him but didn't press it. She would speak about it if she liked to tell him. "I have been sad" he said truthfully. "Lonely and friendless...but it shouldn't matter to you" he spoke releasing her hand. Daniel wanted to see how this worked, it was an experiment for him to know what Kasey felt for him. "Thats understandable" he said with a warm smile and a twinkle in his eye. His facial expressions where finally showing but he still had control over them. Over the past year, Daniel had learnt very well how to compose himself.

"I missed you" he admitted with a slight sigh as once again his hand found Kasey's. He remembered the chaos that had taken place after Kasey had written to Benjamin about their relationship. It had been a hard time in Daniel's life when he didn't understand what to do. "We should be leaving..Ben..."he said looking towards the kitchen entrance but he couldn't see the eating table from here.

Daniel's reply was heart piercing for Kasey, guilt filled her as he released her hand and said it did not matter to her. It did matter to Kasey, a lot. That's why she was so bothered when he vomited. She wanted to tell him that she did like him, she had feelings for him but she couldn't face the consequences. Her face broke into a watery smile as he mentioned that he had missed her. I missed you too, she said in her mind as tears started sliding down her cheek. Tears of confusion, of sorrow and happiness.

She hugged him just as he mentioned they had to leave, the heat of his chest making her feel better. This felt so right yet her brain asked her to move away. "I missed you too" she whispered with a sigh of relief. Right now it did not matter to her if Benjamin was waiting or not. She had to tell him, to release the volcano of feelings and emotions that ran through her mind, to make him understand, right now.

Daniel watched Kasey break into tears but he remained still. If he moved first, it would end up like last time which he didn't want. His heart wanted to take a step forward and wipe her tears and comfort her but being able to control himself, he stayed rooted in his position. He was surprised to recieve a hug but this was when Daniel finally melted. He had won, he knew it, she liked him and missed him.

He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead, she was an inch or two shorter than him. He wiped away her tears "Shhh..." It felt so good to have her in his arms. It was as if nothing else in the world mattered to him at the moment than being here with Kasey.

Kasey snuggled closer into his chest and smiled at her fate. How much more would we have to face before a peaceful life was placed in our lap? she wondered as he wiped away her tears. Taking a step back, so she could see his eyes clearly she spoke, confidently "Daniel...I have been stupid, am confused. I do like you, alot but as we are so far from each other nearly the entire year, sometimes I fear about how that would be"

She looked down at his feet "Part of me is scared while the other..." she looked up once again into his eyes and smiled at him. Moving closer to him she placed a soft kiss on his lips. The feeling was just amazing as she did it, one necessary step that needed to be taken to remove all the misunderstandings.

Daniel sighed as he heard Kasey speak, he knew how confusing it was for her. "I understand Kase" he told her and was amazed to receive the kiss. He hadn't expected Kasey to melt so quickly. He slid his hand around her waist and pulled her closer to him and kissed back.
Just a light peck

Breathing in her ear, Daniel whispered "Ben is waiting..." and once again his lips found hers. This time it was deep, intense and passionate as he tried to put the unsaid in it. His left hand was moving in her hair. Her scent, the closeness, the kiss everything was perfect.

Kasey's heart fluttered, a flock of butterflies were dancing in her stomach as he kissed back. Ben, oh he must be waiting she thought but her mind went blank as he kissed her again. The kiss was much longer and passionate and she went with it. Her hands locked behind his neck as he continued the kisses but soon she was out of breath.

Pulling back, she took a deep breath and smile at him.Back to her senses she remembered her hungry brother again. "We must hurry..." she said turning around as she washed her soapy hands. Soap was know spread around Daniel's neck, noticing this she quickly took a damp cloth and said "Stand still" and wiped it away for him.

The chocolate pudding would probably be frozen by now she thought as she pulled it out of the freezer. It was okay, seemed liquid to her. "Umm...hold this" she told Daniel handing her the pudding as she took the tray of steak in her hands. "We should tell him, you were helping me to set the table" she said with a grin as she walked out of the kitchen.

Daniel watched grinning, his arms crossed across his chest as Kasey started working quickly. When told to stand still, he did so obediently and took the pudding and followed Kasey outside the kitchen still grinning at his luck. His eyes fell on Benjamin who waited at the table, not meeting his eye he sat beside him and put the pudding on the table. "Boy, am I hungry" he said, his accent coming back on track with his deep voice.

He gave Kasey a smile and his eyes pointed at the chair opposite that of Daniel, indicating that it would be nice if she sat across him.

Benjamin was becoming hungrier than a church mouse and Kasey was no where to be seen. Just as he decided to go check in the kitchen, Kasey appeared, but being followed by Dan! He raised an eyebrow questioning the pair's action in the kitchen. He watched the smiles and frowned. "Kasey, I am hungry too..How come you took so long?"she asked his sister. Turning to Daniel he questioned "How did you take such a quick shower and what were you doing in the kitchen?"

Kasey swallowed as she watched Benjamin glaring at them. "I made pudding so Daniel was helping...helping to get the cook book ..up in the shelf...can't use magic" she mumbled nervously as she served steak to Benjamin. She walked to Daniel's side of the table and served him to. Ignoring his smiles she walked back and sat across the table from him and served herself, looking down at her plate she hoped Benjamin wouldn't be too suspicious.

Daniel was smiling widely because he knew Ben wouldn't be able to prove it. "Well, basically I removed my clothes and turned the shower on, put on clothes and came down...yeah to help Kasey with the cook book" he said grinning at his best friend. "Thanks" he said as Kasey served him.

He started eating his food quietly and then asked with a chuckle "How was the Weird Sister show?" He knew Benjamin well enough to figure out what he had been watching with such loud volume. He was thankful to him for being late and giving them some privacy. "What are we doing in the afternoon?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back