Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 10" Unyielding Blackthorn Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Kaleb had successfully gotten away from both Chavdar and Kalif. I am getting quite good at that. Kaleb thought smugly, although it was unreadable upon his face. Not a single person he knew could read his face except for his family. Kaleb went to a bench in front of the ink store, where his uncle worked, and sat down. He moved the hair out of his face, his blue eyes staring straight ahead. He was in the Zhefarovich and Styx family, legendary in Durmstrang. And yet, he had to go to Hogwarts.

He was only excited over it just because he had met some pretty girls and his brother attended there. Jaken had to be the coolest troublemaker. He had to be. He was in Durmstrang, why would Hogwarts be any different? Plus, his dad worked as a professor. He found it cool, but then again, would Kalif cover for Kaleb? Unlikely, but Kaleb liked to think that Kalif would. After all, he was his youngest son. Why wouldn't he?

Aeon wandered down Brightstone, hoping to see somebody he knew, Or maybe buy a few things. He walked down towards the ink shop and saw a boy there who somehow reminded him of someone he knew. Aeon looked around to see if he could find anyone else he could talk to but there was no one.
Aeon decided he'd go talk to this boy and maybe find out why he he looked like someone he had known. "Hi there, I'm Aeon. You don't go to Hogwarts do you? I haven't seen you around before." Aeon said when he approached the boy. Hopefully he wouldn't be rude or anything like some people he knew.

Kaled glanced up and stared at the boy who seemed older than him. Maybe a year. Kaleb had yet to speak to a boy older than him since he had been in New Zealand. Kaleb gave him a smile, although it was rather fake, but his acting could fool anyone. Kaleb introduced himself before answering, "Kaleb Styx. And nope, but I will next year." Kaleb bit his lip, still confused on the whole situation whether he was happy to go there or not. He should be...Jaken was there.

Kaleb stated, "I'm from Bulgaria, so I doubt you could have seen me." Kaleb tried to cover the ice in his voice, but failed miserably. It was obvious he was being friendly, but it was a family trait. He almost hated that trait, but it would become useful when he was angry. Kaleb was told that he acted just like his father when it came to temper, only didn't kill.

Aeon's eyes grew wide with disbelief. "Styx? Are you related to a professor at Hogwarts?" Aeon asked, He couldn't be Kalif's son could he? Kalif looked so old, Maybe he was related to another of the Styx family. Though this boy seemed nice enough.

Kaleb could not help but laugh at the boy's reaction. Kaleb nodded, "Kalif Styx, that is my dad. Amazing, huh? His oldest son is in his sixth year... But let's say some awful bad experiences caused dad to age a bit dramatically." Although, Azkaban had the opposite affect on his grandfather. Kaleb had assumed that the boy, Aeon, was astounded by how old Kalif looked. However, Kalif wasn't one to underestimate. He could easily body slam Jaken.

"Amazing? Well he wasn't so amazing covered in pink paint." Aeon replied, smiling at the memory of when him and Tala pranked Kalif. Aeon realized the boy might not know what he was talking about so he thought it best to explain. "Me and my friend pranked him and ruined two of his good robes, Got a detention for it but it was worth it." Aeon said, his smile growing wider, Hopefully the boy wouldn't be angry at that, Kalif was his dad after all.

Kaleb cocked his eyebrow up at the boy, then his face went into a faux expression of shock. Yet, in his mind, he was amused. Kaleb blurted out, speaking without much thought, "And he didn't kill you over that? Wow. If Jaken or I were to do that, we would be rotting in graves! He and Jaken would go at it like there is no tomorrow. Me...I just would get grounded." Kaleb laughed, however, in his mind, what he said to the boy was true. Kaleb thought harshly, I have really got to keep my mouth shut. I cannot reveal that dad is a Death Eater! Kalif wasn't so soft when it came to Kaleb and Jaken. Jaken especially got in trouble a lot. Kaleb remembered a few times of Jaken and Kalif practically beating each other to death. That was a scary scene.

Aeon couldn't help laughing as well, He wouldn't want Styx as a dad, He seemed to creepy and mean, Though he did show Aeon and Tala the man eating plant so he thought he should be a bit nicer to him. "What's it like having a dad like Kalif?" Aeon asked, His own dad was nice and rarely got angry at him, As was his mother, He was lucky to have nice parents. Though his poor cousin's parents were divorced and her mum was a drunk.

Kaleb had to think on that question. He wasn't with his dad for a year. However, over the past few days, nothing has changed, except that he seemed a bit more tense than usual. Kaleb assumed that it was because his mom was no longer around to keep Kalif calm. Kaleb finally shrugged, "Just depends on what mood he is in." Kaleb inquired, "What is it like having him as a professor? I bet he is like, the strictest professor. Or one of them at least." Kaleb could not wait to having his dad for class, just to see what it was like.

Aeon nodded slowly, trying to think of what to say. "Yes, He's strict but I haven't met many professors yet so I wouldn't know if there's anyone worse than him. He's always dark and creepy, None of the students like him that much. He's never happy, Have you seen him smile at all?" Aeon asked, He didn't believe Kalif even could smile. It didn't seem possible with a man as creepy as him.

Being creepy doesn't surprise me. And neither does the student population not liking him either. he thought. When Aeon asked if Kalif had never smiled or been happy, it made Kaleb laugh and give a strange look to Aeon. He answered, "He smiles all the time when Kailie or I'm around. Or any of his children. He smiles a lot when mom is around. He just has his bad days from time to time. But overall, he generally stays calm and collected."

"Woah, He smiles, For real?" Aeon asked in disbelief, He really didn't think Kalif would smile, Then again it was his family so they would be an exception. "Bad days from time to time? He seems to be having a bad day all the time." Aeon tried to think of a day when Kalif looked the slightest bit happy, But he couldn't think of one at all.

Kaleb shrugged and said simply, "Then he must hate your class. Well, dad doesn't exactly cope with a bunch of people at one time. I think you can actually see him smile when someone speaks to him alone." Kaleb remembered all the fun days he had with his dad, including going to an amusement park in Russia. Kalif was carrying Kailie on his shoulders, when she was just turning two.

"Hmm, I don't think it's just our class." Aeon replied, There were probably a few classes that he might have acted the same way in. "My class is full of people that are easy to get along with, Not naughty and troublesome..except for me and maybe one or two others." He added quickly, giving a devious smile.

Kaleb sighed, "Well, like I said, he doesn't do well in a crowd. Even if he is around his friends. He usually acts better when two people or less are with him." Kaleb smiled slightly. "And I would advise that you be troublesome. That is my job for him." Kaleb laughed softly. "I don't think he needs someone more devious than me in his life."

Asparuh was sent by Kalif to fetch Kaleb, in order to return him to Bulgaria because it was Namina's idea to let Kaleb visit with Alessine. Asparuh rolled his eyes, and shook his head. He might have been after Chavdar's head, but he did not care to do a favor for Kalif. After all, Kalif did save his disguise. It was the least he could do. Asparuh spotted that long hair of Kaleb's and yet, another boy he was chatting with. Asparuh approached them, his black eyes glaring coldly at them. He had used the Disillusionment Charm to hide his Mark. Asparuh's black robes stood still on his body once he stopped. Asparuh spoke in a low, cold tone, "Kaleb, time for you to leave. Your father asked me to take you back to Bulgaria for the winter." Asparuh knew that Kaleb feared Asparuh. After all, he did murder Barbara in front of him and Kailie.

Aeon was about to reply when suddenly a guy came towards them and spoke to Kaleb, though he had a cold tone and Aeon didn't like the way he had glared at them. "Oh! your going?" He asked Kaleb, it sounded stupid since that's what this man had just said, though maybe Kaleb would introduce him to him. Maybe. He wondered how the man was related to Kaleb, or if he was even related to him at all.

Kaleb glanced up to see Asparuh, and for once since he had met Aeon, his true emotions showed in his eyes. It was absolute fear. Kaleb stood up, and stammered, "Uh...yeah. I guess. I am going to my uncle's place... Which is in Bulgaria." Kaleb did not take his eyes off Asparuh, however, remembering the horrible meeting that they had. Kaleb reached out and grabbed Asparuh's robes, like a small child holding on to the hand of their parent. "This is my grandfather, by the way. Grandfather, this is Aeon."

Asparuh's face remained cold, and did not move when Kaleb grabbed his robes. Asparuh glanced down at the boy, named Aeon. Asparuh retained rolling his eyes at Aeon's inquiry whether he was leaving or not. Asparuh wanted to hurry it up, for he had things to do. "Say goodbye to the boy, and let's get going." Asparuh's icy voice remained low, and it sounded slightly impatient. Asparuh did not like being out in the open for long. Although the Mark was hidden, others still knew of him.

Something was wrong, Kaleb seemed afraid of this man, But when he grabbed his robes Aeon remembered what happened when he had detention and smiled to himself. "It's nice to meet you." He said, giving a fake smile. This 'grandfather.' didn't seem like a very nice person at all. "Well, It was nice talking to you Kaleb, maybe I'll see you again soon." He said, now turning to Kaleb.

Kaleb gave a sly smile and mouthed to Aeon, 'This is where dad gets his coldness from.' Kaleb hoped that Aeon would catch what Kaleb was trying to say, which was this man beside him was Kalif's father. Kaleb glanced up at Asparuh, nodded, and replied, "Yes, I am now." Kaleb wished that Asparuh would at least say something to Aeon, but didn't. Giving a wave, they left the Brightstone, before heading off to Bulgaria.

End! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back