Is This Wrong?

Zehava Brimital

Zehava sat on her own, head in her hands. She was scared, and didn't have the braveness to tell Jon.
Something wasn't right, and she could tell. A mother's instinct maybe?
She combed her fingers through her fringe, shaking. She hadn't been well recently, and blamed it on morning sickness. Only this wasn't the same. She'd already looked up what that would be like, and it didn't match how she felt.
Her palm was hot on her forehead, although it could have been her forehead was hot. Her tears could have evaporated on her cheeks.
Suddenly, she heard someone nearby, and kept her head down.

Varvara had very little to do nowadays apart from roam the corridors of Durmstrang or read further into her favourite deadly creature; vampires. Today, she had decided to put down her books and notes to take a stroll. Stretching her legs about the castle was another random thing Varvara enjoyed. It was as she walked, however, that Varvara spotted the hunched over figure of her good school friend. They had not had a chance to speak lately and Vara was keen to catch up. As she approached Zehava, a smile spread across her face- this soon faded as she noticed something was very wrong. "Zehava," Vara said cautiously, huddling up to her friend and sliding a comforting arm around her shoulder. Vara was fast become the agony aunt of Durmstrang. "Are you alright?"

Zehava kept her head down until she saw the familiar rainbow hair of Vara. She felt silly, but she hugged her tightly. She hadn't seen her for a long time. Trying not to make her jumper wet, she pulled away slowly.
'No.' She said finally, in a small voice. 'It's just...' She wondered if Vara had noticed she had a small bump.
'Well.' She said, and then started to blurt the whole story out.
'First I met this guy and he was so gorgeous and we fell in love and then one day and went over to his and then it was like an accident and stuff but I got myself pregnant and.' She stopped for a breath. 'And it's been like a month now and I'm not well It can't be good for my baby what's wrong with me Vara?' She let out long sobs, feeling embarrased, but better now she had told her friend everything.

Vara had not been expecting to hear the things which had shot out of Zehava's mouth so suddenly. At first, she was open mouthed, shocked by what she was hearing, but after a moment, things began to sink in. She was pregnant? Pregnant! Vara's eyes fell to Zehava's stomach. Nothing was showing too much yet but then if it had been just a month, there wouldn't be too much of a bump. But in answer to her friend's question, Vara had no idea about any of the topic: She had never been pregnant, herself, or known anyone who was pregnant. She was only sixteen, like Zehava, way too young to be throwing her life away with a baby. She had not spoken for a minute or two and now Vara would have to say something. She could think of only two things to say, the first being "are you going to keep it?" and "who's the father?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back