Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Shouldering her increasingly heavy bag of books, Estrella made her way out to the Lakefront, moving to the Rosebush, a place that for some reason just seemed like hers. She looked out over the lake, how the sun gleamed and reflected off of the water. So far, she was having a pretty good year, her prefect's badge and good grades small reflections of her accomplishments. She had come out determined to do her Ancient Runes homework, but she pushed it aside after a moment of thought, lost in her thoughts. After all, didn't she deserve to relax once in a while?

She leaned up against a tree overlooking the lakefront, not far away from the rosebush. She admired the red petals, the rich flowers still in bloom. For a moment she thought of Rose, when she had first met her years ago, but pushed the thought away sadly. She had not seen her friend in the longest time, even as a ghost.

Her thoughts were interrupted as an owl swooped over her head, and she recognized Harper's deep hoot. She smiled as a letter fell down to her on the wind, and she snatched it out of the air. It was her reply from Carlisle.

Estrella,
Yes, I'm doing fine at the moment.  How have you been?  Having fun at school?  I'm pretty sure I have enough of this 'wolfsbane to last me a few more months.
Love,
Carlisle

She sighed, digging in her bag for parchment and a quill, and finally her ink, which, she reminded herself, she should be more careful with, or it would be in danger of spilling out all over her bag.

As she handed the letter to Harper, she said, "Wait," suddenly realizing that she should do something. She pulled out another scrap of parchment, scribbling down a letter that she should have written a long time ago.

Not addressing the second envelope, she gave both to Harper. "Go to Carlisle's first. And don't show him the other letter; it's not for him." She whispered the name of the other recipient in Harper's ear, not wanting anyone around to hear her. "I don't know exactly where he is, but I'm sure you can find him." She stroked Harper's soft feathers, and the owl hooted, noting that she was expecting something special when she got back.

Estrella watched as Harper took wing, off into the sunset and away from the castle. Pulling out her copy of The Golden Compass, she started to read, wondering if anyone else was outside today. It was getting colder, after all.

She had finally done it. Rose had finally escaped the clutches of the Borely Mansion. It was worth the months of pain, though. She had helped Estrella. Rose wished that she could see Estrella again and know that she was okay. With a deep 'sigh' Rose glided toward the castle. A glint of something shiny caught her eye near the lakefront. Getting closer she saw that it was in fact Estrella. If she still had a beating heart it would have sped up. She was so happy to see her friend alive and well. She had aged another year; something which Rose realized with a pang of pain. Rose would never age; stuck at 12 forever.

As she neared Estrella she wondered if she would be able to see her. In the sunlight Rose was more translucent than ever; hardly visible. Still, she hoped she could at least speak to her. With another final internal plea, Rose approached Estrella. "Hello Estrella. I'm so glad you're okay."

Estrella jumped as she saw Rose. It wasn't exactly what she had been expecting, but what the heck? She smiled broadly, grinning from ear to ear. "Rose," she said quietly, loving the sound of her name, not having said it in so long, "Have you been in the Borely this whole time?" Her expression saddened, suddenly feeling a pang of guilt; she had done nothing to help her friend get out.

Rose nodded. "Yes, the other spirits of the house wouldn't let me go. It's fine though, I'm free now." Rose added, sensing her friends guilt. It was great to see her first and only friend. "Did you make it out of the mansion okay? I really wanted to help you." Rose wasn't sure what else to say. She saw the thing that cast the bright reflection. Estrella was wearing a shiny prefects badge. Rose smiled sadly. She wondered if she would have been named a Prefect had she not.....gone.

"Well," Estrella said, biting her lip, "They got us out of there alright, although my christmas break wasn't all that fun." Her expression was kind of sad, "I stayed at my Dad's house for the majority of it." She smiled weakly, suddenly blabbing to Rose everything that had occured over the break. "I still don't understand what the heck's going on. But on the other hand, summer wasn't all that bad."

She looked to Rose, wondering if her next question was too intrusive. "Erm, how did you get out of the Borely?"

Rose smiled at Estrella. "I'm sorry you had a bad summer, but I'm glad you got out of that awful house." She paused, trying to think of the best way to answer Estrella's question.

"Well, getting out of the mansion wasn't easy. They said that I had to stay there forever. Actually," Rose admitted, "I only just left the Mansion for the first time since I went in to help. They were trying to turn me into one of them. Treating me bad and....well all sorts of awful things. They said I was going to be just like them. I think someone was trying to get into the mansion today because all of the sudden they left my side and I knew I might never get another chance. I went right past them and out of the house." She paused, shuddering at the terrible things she didn't say out loud. She also didn't want to add that they had nearly succeeded in changing her.

Estrella smiled weakly. "Well, I'm glad you got out of that house." She suddenly became excited, her expression lighting up. "Hey, do you think you're going to be hanging around the school more often?" She felt a pang of sadness rush through her like ice; she missed those simple days with Rose as a first year so much.

Rose nodded happily; relieved to no longer be talking about the mansion. "If I'm still allowed in the school. I would love to be there rather than....anywhere else." She still smiled widely at Estrella. She felt as though she was alive for the time being and she loved it. If it weren't for the cold that always filled her she would swear she was alive and feeling the warmth of the sun as they sat near the lake.

"What's new?" She asked, laughing at the 'normal-ness' in which she said it.

Estrella laughed airily, feeling as if this were just a conversation between old friends. Who was she kidding? It was.

Not really wanting to talk about the letter she had recently sent, Estrella said, "I've just been getting homework done. I've been so booked lately. And-" She blushed bright red as she said it, "I'm, Erm, dating Kale Thomas." She smiled broadly, unable to keep the grin off of her face. "Ever since the end of last year." She felt like such a girly girl, but Rose had always made her open up. She was her best friend, after all.

Rose giggled. "I don't think I've met him! He must be nice, though." She was so happy to be talking to Estrella like old times!

"He is nice," Estrella said, her voice raising an octave, "And cute, and sweet, and brave, and a million other things!" She grinned. "Sorry, I'm going off like a psycho." She usually kept her reserve on these kinds of things. "Maybe you could meet him sometime."

Rose's smiled faltered. "Yes, I'd like to meet him." She was slightly nervous about meeting someone new. She was, after all, a ghost. Would she scare him when he met her? Her smiled widened again. "How are classes going? I miss homework; is that weird?" She laughed.

"Not too weird; I like doing homework some of the time!" Her smile brightened. "I'm really liking electives this year; I took Ancient Runes, Arithmancy, and Care of Magical Creatures. I think I like Arithmancy the best though; it's pretty interesting."

Rose nodded. Suddenly a thought occurred to her. "Do you think they would let me sit in a couple of the classes? I wouldn't bother anyone, but it would be fun to see what I would be learning if.....if I was still a student." She still had a hard time saying she was dead.

"I'm sure they would!" Estrella exclaimed. "I mean, the other ghosts in the school go wherever they want to, why couldn't you?" She grinned, with the hope that her friend was going to be hanging around a lot more often.

Rose laughed a little louder. She was finally feeling like she was home. She had been afraid of what she would find when she returned to the school, but it seemed nothing major had changed and she was happy to see Estrella again. "Do you have roommates in your room? Do you think they would mind if I was around?"

"Yeah, Courtney and Kaela," Estrella said, "I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind. There are a few extra beds in there, you could have your own space!" She grinned, happy that Rose was going to be back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back