Hello

Caina let a smile appear on her face for a brief second. She was actually enjoying this conversation. Caina was really beginning to like Maddiie. "Yes I wish I could travel everywhere. I want to go to London" She said "Or Australia first" Caina said dreaming of both places. She couldnt' wait to be old enough to travel alone. "where do you want to go first?" Caina asked Maddiie.

Maddiie took a sip of her pop, but had tasted the flatness of the soda pop. She had set it down, as she listen to Caina speak of Australia. "Ausutarlia really?" she had wanted to visit there as well, just too see the Kanagroo and a Joey. "I want to travel to Tokyo, fasinated by the Asian culture." she replied, it really did facinate her. Eveywhere you go, everything is different from were you from.

[color=b8860b]Lemina had been listening silently to Maddiie and Caina talking. She finally decided to join in when they started mentioning different countries. "I live near London, kinda. In Edinburgh, up a bit." She said, smiling.

She grabbed a chip and nibbled on it, not being a big eater.[/color]

Lemian had been quite and had finally spoken up getting back into the conversation. "I never knew that, maybe I will visit you sometimes." she said giving Lemina a small smile. She once agin grabbed a chip herself biting half way through, these girl really watche dtheir figure. Maddiie did not care her metabulisom was kind of fast at her age.

[color=b8860b]Lemina decided to just ask Maddiie now, as she might not get another chance. "Hey Maddiie, are you doing anything in the Christmas holidays?"[/color]

Maddiie had thought is over while she dranked her flat soda. "Nothing really why do you ask?" she asked her with a curious look on her face. Maddiie had heard someone fell over almost close to her, she looked and hope that person was okay.

Caina realized that both girls lived near London or in London. "Well when I visit England I know where to stay now I will just bunk in one of your houses" Caina said smiling a normal sized smile. Caina barely smiled and when she did it was usually forced but not this time.

Caina listened as Lemina asked Maddiie was she was doing for the holidays. Caina did not know what she was doing yet. She was probably going to stay here at the school.

Maddiie looked back at Caina. "You are welcome at my home anytime." she said giving her a small smile. Than she realized she had not told her about her brothers. "I do have to warn you though, I have two younger brothers." she said. She terribly missed at that moments, its been ages since she last saw them, I wonder what they are up too she though.

"Thanks" Caina said actually appreciating the generousity of Maddiie. Caina had never had this kindness directed at her before and she actually liked it. "Oh you have siblings" Caina said "What are their names?" She wondered.

"Your welcome." Maddiie said looking at Caina again. "Yes I well, I have two younger brothers." she did not want to mention her older brother no more. He had been dead for years now, and she tried hard forgetting him, but at times he appear in her dreams hunting ever so sadly. "Ones name Jacob and another Johnathan.". she finished saying.

Caina liked the idea of having siblings. "Do you enjoy having brothers or do you wish you were an only child?" Caina asked. She had always secretly wished for siblings though never would she tell a soul. Caina wondered if people with siblings wished for the opposite to be an only child.

"I can't say I never wished to be an only child." she said, she really wished couple times she did. "But I'm the only girl and I'm the oldest so I don't mind having my brothers." she finished saying, than wanted to ask her a question. "I'm guessing your an only child?" she asked not sure if she was right.

Caina listened as Maddiie spoke. "Yes I am an only child" She said simply. She had always wondered how it felt to have siblings. It probably took all the overbaring attention off of you from your parents. Caina liked the idea the more she thought about it. "I bet siblings have their ups and downs though like everything else in this world" Caina said as she reached down to get another sip of her water.

"Yes they do." strangely Maddiie agree. "I rather missed them right now, you know they go to Drumstrang." she added proudly. "I would never have guessed they would go there, but they have." Maddiie said shrugging again. "But I bet being in only child not that bad...I supposed." she said.

"Drumstrang really?" Caina said. She did not know what this was but it sounded like a very important school. "Well being an only child isn't bad. You get spoiled plenty but that also means you get every bit of your parents attention. That gets annoying" Caina explained. "yet it has ups and downs just like I said like everything else in this world" Caina said.

"Do you see your brothers often?" Caina asked.

"Not as much as I used to" she sighed showing a big of sadness. "With their studies at that school it seems like they never get as much brake as we do." she hd last sawed them before she started her 2nd year at Hogwarts. She in her 3rd year, she would tried to write them a letter soon. But that when she had time. "So have you enjoyed Hogwarts so far?' she asked her.

Caina listened hearing a bit of sadness in Maddiie's voice yet not knowing how to react to that. "So far I have enjoyed Hogwarts" Caina said "Much different than my last mug.." She began "I mean my old school" Caina said. She hated to admit that she was muggleborn. What type of Slytherin was muggleborn and dared to admit that sad fact. Caina took another sip of water hoping Maddiie did not realize the slip. "It is more interesting here I must say" Caina said

"Was you going to say muggle school." Maddiie said. "Because its all right being muggleborn." she added. Even though she was half blooded Maddiie did went to muggle school before Hogwarts. "Are you afraid that Slytherin won't accept you if you were muggleborn?" she asked in a mere whisper.

Caina winced at the word muggleborn "No good Slytherin is a muggleborn" Caina said simply staring at the Slytherin table for a split second. "I might know how to stand on my own but with a statement about me being muggleborn" Caina started whispering the term 'muggleborn' so softly it was barely heard "I will never make it into anything" She finished.

"Not one Slytherin is proud of being muggleborn if there are even muggleborn Slytherins. No one shouts their blood status unless they are at least half blood. Mostly only purebloods" Caina explained. "With my blood I should be nothing" She said staring at the table not in self pity but in shame.

Maddiie felt bad. It seem the saga continue with Slytherin. Even though she was friends with like two Slytherin they probably would say, the same thing. Maddiie looked back at their table, they were giving her glaring at her, but she paid no mind. "Caina I won't tell no one, I promised." she whisper back. Even though she was half blood, they still call her names, but Maddiie didn't let that bother her. "You should be proud though, just the fact your in their house, or any is something to be proud of." she said. Magic was rare, and for her to posed she was more accepted than a muggle. "I know you heard stories of Hermione Granger." she asked her, Maddiie has by both her parents. "Smartest mugelborn, she fought in the war." she whisper again.

[color=b8860b]Lemina began rumaging in her bag, when she overheard that Caina was a muggleborn. "Don't worry. It'll be fine." Lemi tried to relate, but couldn't. She slipped Maddiie the peice of paper she'd gotten out of her bag, trying not to seem like she didn't care. If she'd known Caina better, she'd of given her a hug. "Look, Caina, there's a lot more important things than blood. I know it'll be hard in Slytherin, yet a true friend will judge you on your heart, not your blood. People who don't, they're just not worth bothering about."[/color]
I'm going up to the Scottish Highlands for my Christmas holidays, if you'd like, you can come too. If you can then meet me at my house the day after we finish. If not it doesn't matter, I'll invite someone else. I'm going for a week, if you can come I'll give you more details later.

Caina listened to Maddiie. "thanks" She said flashing a small smile. She really hoped tha Maddiie kept it under wraps. Caina had tried so hard not to tell a soul about her blood status. She was proud that she had made it into the Slytherin House but still if she could change her blood status to pureblood she would in a heart beat.

Caina smiled as both Maddiie and Lemina made her feel slightly better. "Thanks" She said again pouring another glass of water for herself. She wiped the smile off her face and took a sip. Caina had never smiled this much in a long long time. she didn't know if she really liked it or not but she was thinking that she didn't mind. She was enjoying the conversation.

[color=b8860b]"I won't tell a soul, honest." Lemina whispered, before looking down and grabbing another chip.[/color]

Maddiie crossed her hear to make sure of it. She than read the note Lemina had slipped her. "Are you inviting me? If you are I would love to go." she said smiling at Lemina. She had not planed nothing for vacation, so a trip with Lemina would be exciting. She had turned to Lemina taking a sip of her pop, "What are you planning on doing?" she asked her.

[color=b8860b]Lemina winked at Maddiie, "Really, cool! We're gonna go to some lighthouses, boat trips and stuff, but mostly just relaxing on the beach!" She pulled out a slip of paper and handed it over to her, then began to talk to Caina. "My dad's a muggle, and at first a couple of magic folk were funny about it, but it's fine really. The ones who care aren't worth bothering about."[/color]
Go to the 'Canny Man's' pub in Edinburgh via the floo network. We'll then meet you there at 6pm on the 21st of December, we leave the day after. We'll go home by train and then get up at 4am! We'll get a train to Edinburgh station and then travel up to  Resipole, it's a campsite in the Ardnamurchan peninsula, near Fort William. We'll get back at about 9pm on the 6th of January. You can either go back straight afterwards, stay at mine for the night, or stay for the rest of the holidays, it's your choice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back