Does Age Really Bring Wisdom?

"Fenton?" Lily asked incredulously. "Really? You think it would be him? Isn't he dating Trista?" She wasn't too familiar with the boy, just with his playing skills -- or lack of during the last game -- and his fighting skills from Halloween. "If you think it is him, need help getting even?" She giggled, loving that she was still able to scheme and plot with her friend after all that had happened between them.

"Yeah he is dating Trista. He doesn't flirt because he likes me he does it because he knows it pisses me off to no living end. He's an ex-Durmstrang and well you of all people know how I feel about anyone from that school," Kat said, now fuming at the prospect of who could have possibly sent the letter. Thinking on it for a second she decided. "If I do find out it's him then the poop will hit the fan...and I will be requiring your assistance in getting even," she said with an evil little smirk on her face, revenge flashing in her blue eyes.

The wheels in Kat's head were turning. First she needed to find out if it was the arrogant SOB and then she had to figure out how to kick the poop out of him without getting into too much trouble. Standing she faced Lily and Sumner. "I've got some detective work to do. Thanks guys for everything. Best seventeenth birthday ever," she said as she hugged Lily tightly and tousled Sumner's hair. Gathering up her gifts she left the lounge area and headed back up to the common room with one goal in mind...getting to the bottom of whoever had sent that letter. At least this will be a nice distraction she thought as she headed towards the stairs.

Lily smirked back at Kat. "Oh, I know very well -- and you better believe it that I will be there to help out in any way possible." She winked at her friend, then returned her hug tightly. Despite how badly things could have ended up between the three of them, they were super close and Lily loved it. "I'm glad you had a great day! Love you sweetie!" She watched as her friend gathered her things and headed out, leaving the husband and wife alone.

Turning to look at her husband, Lily placed one arm around his neck and the other hand on his cheek. Leaning in, she placed her lips on his, kissing him passionately. Pulling back, she rested her head on his shoulder, snuggling up to him. "Have you written your family yet?" she asked quietly. She wanted to send an owl to Estrella and tell her the news, but didn't want to until Sumner told Tristan and Julie.

Sumner's light grey eyes glazed over as the two girls talked more. He grinned when Kat ruffled his hair. "Happy Birthday, see you later." He laughed. Once she had gone, he returned Lily's kiss and subsequently sidestepped her question. "Not yet." He nuzzled her neck then chuckled. "Finally I thought we'd never be alone." Sumner playfully laid her back against the cushions of the sofa and captured her lips with his.

Lily was about to scold her husband when he began to kiss her laying on the sofa. All thought escaped from her mind and she wrapped her arms around his neck, her fingers tangling into his hair. She returned his kisses, matching his passion with her own. Seperating for a moment, she grabbed her wand from her pocket and gave it a few quick flicks, shutting the door and casting a silencing spell around them. "Now that we are alone, I don't want to be disturbed," she explained with a smirk, then crushed her lips to his.

As Sumner's lips explored hers, his fingers brushed her hair back from her face and his mind wandered to the time when he would not see her. He would cherish this woman for as long as she wanted him. Deep down he didn't feel that anyone would ever stick with him as no one ever had. It wasn't against Lily, it was something deeply rooted within himself, a deep insecurity even he did not fully understand. He hugged her to him tightly and thanked whomever was listening for the day she had come into his life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back