Chocolate and muffins all round!

Kate Johnson

Wand
Holly wand, 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Kate was sitting eating her breakfast on the Hufflepuff table on her own when she heard the mail arriving. She looked up and saw the flocks of birds streaming in. Recently she had written her parents a letter saying about how nice and helpful everyone here had been. She also had mentioned that her friends were all lovely. Her parent had replied saying that they would send her something to give to her friends and people who had helped her. She had loked at the post every morning but nothing had arrived. Looking up again she saw her parents owl amongst the others. It was carrying a massive basket with a cloth draped over the top. Landing infront of her she stroked the owl and it flew off. Untieing the letter from the basket she read,
Darling Kate,

I promised that i would send you something and so here it is. I hope that you are still loving it here. I am so sorry but we have been called out to work for the Ministry and that means that you can't come home at Christmas. Your presents will arrive wherever you are and if a friend offers you can go with them. We have put a little extra stuff in here so that it should make you feel better about not comig home.

Lots of love,

Mum and Dad,

xxxxx

Kate smiled. Despite the fact that she couldn't go home she peered into the basket and gasped. It was crammed with muffins, chocolate and sweets. Noticing the faces peering in around her she smiled at her friends and let them tuck in. Soon other friends from different houses had joined her and ate together. She loved this breakfast and would never forget it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back