OOC First Name
Steph
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Marlowe had spent most of her free time trying to locate Jacob Kingsley.
He was in her year, and she had certainly seen him a few times. She knew who he was, he had been in pictures with his dad and mum in the newspapers here in New Zealand before. She hadn't yet found her voice to really speak to him. But now she had to find him and delivery a candy cane, she'd finally get to meet a Kingsley.
"You're Jacob, right?" She asked walking up to him with a smile on her face. She was still in her Hufflepuff uniform having gotten out of her last class not to long ago for the day.

Jacob liked the student lounge. Fun stuff always seemed to happen when he was in here, and today seemed to be no different. He'd been sitting completely slouched, his feet splayed to the sides when a girl came right up to him. Jacob was pooped, his own deliveries long done and he'd even run around with Jemma for a bit. "Yup!" He said with a tired smile. The girl looked familiar enough that he knew she was in here even if he didn't know her name. She was a Hufflepuff though and he always seemed to get on well with people from that house. "Sorry, I don't know your name" he said with a small frown.

Marlowe couldn't help but smile when the boy confirmed who he was,
though she had already known it. She was about to continue on in her speal of giving him his candy cane when he spoke up first asking who she was. "Oh, I'm Marlowe, Marlowe Moors. I'm from Australia, though I knew who you were from the magazines my parents read about the ministry here," she said, unable to help herself. She paused for a moment wondering if he might not like the fact his father was so important. "Actually I was looking for you because I have a candy cane delivery for you, the note is cute," she said having read the note earlier in order to know who the candy cane was for, although his full name was on the outside, she couldn't help herself from looking. She was glad her mum didn't work at the school. Her mom was just an artist, her dad a Herbologist.

Jakey,
Merry Christmas, love

Mum

Jacob nodded his head as the girl introduced herself, the smile slightly freezing on his face as she mentioned having seen him in a magazine. Jacob never liked seeing himself in newspapers or magazines, and he usually didn't see them very much. His parents didn't keep many subscriptions. And he also never knew how it would go with students. He knew that people had strong opinions on his family regardless of how well they actually knew them. People seemed to think they could learn all they needed to know from what they read.

Jacob groaned as he heard her continue. His mother had asked him earlier on if he'd received her candy cane and he hadn't at the time. So he knew this one had to be hers. "Is it from my mum?" he asked as he opened the note and confirmed for himself. And she'd even called him Jakey! He'd told her about that. "Thanks" he said, still quite happy to be getting some candy.

Marlowe watched as the boy took the note and read it. She had a teasing smile on her face. Her mother wasn't here at the castle, nor her dad who was really the more embarrassing one of her two parents. She briefly wondered what it was like to have parents who worked such busy jobs though her parents both worked as well. She thought he had a few siblings, but couldn't remember the number, though that was very important for this moment anyways. "No problem, Jakey!" Marlowe said in a teasing tone and a grin on her face. She had a feeling from the look he had on his face reading the card he didn't like his mom calling him that very much.

Jacob glanced around him quickly, glad when he didn't spot his friend, Zennon. He was pretty sure he'd done an excellent job of convincing him that he'd abandoned that particular nickname ages ago. He would just die of embarrassment if he knew that wasn't the case, and this girl was a classmate which meant he could find out. Jacob's ears reddened as he stuffed the note away. "Thanks again" he muttered before heading off to find his mom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back