Breakfasting

Amy Stone

Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Amy woke up early and thought that she might as well breakfast early. She slowly made her way down to the Great Hall and took a seat at the Gryffindor table. As she pulled a bowl of cereal towards her an owl landed in front of her. Excited she took the letter attached and opened it carefully. Smiling she read it;
Amy my love!
Its so good to hear from you!
I'm so glad to hear you got into Gryffindor! Your mother would be so proud of you. I've been okay, Callums been round a lot, keeping me company he says. He said he heard from you as well, he seemed very happy with that so don't be suprised if you get lots of letters from him now!
Hows school going? Are you finding it okay? Keeping up with lessons and homework? Whats the weather been like?
Dylan's been missing you. He keeps going up to your bedroom and laying on your bed! I think hes hoping you'll be back soon.
Speaking of Dylan I'd better take this boy out, hes nudging me to take him out, he's such an attention seeker, much like somebody else I know!!
I hope to hear from you again soon,
Lots of love,
Dad
xxxxxxxxx

Amy read it and felt much happier, she had been feeling lonely while being here recently but now felt slightly happier. She was excited about hearing from her uncle, she felt like she hadn't spoken to him for such a long time.
She carried on eating with a smile on her face and felt that her day would be a very good one.

A couple of days later..

Amy ambled down to the Great Hall for some breakfast. It was relatively early and on entering the Great Hall she saw that it was virtually empty. She sat herself down at the Gryffindortable and pulled a bowl of cereal towards her. She was just about to start eating when an owl landed itself next to her and she took the letter off. With that the owl departed and Amy opened the letter and began to read.

Hello Stranger!
Im joking, I didn't expect to hear from you straight away at all! I thought you might have been busy with the whole school thing.
Im very good, things at the station are busy, as always. I have lots to do but I'm actually getting things done without you popping in all the time and wanting my attention! Ahh I don't mean it really, I miss not having you around! You normally always used to come in and now I keep asking people if you've come in yet, I forget that your not here!!
I'm glad to hear your enjoying yourself though! Your mum used to love thr grounds at Hogwarts Scot. herself and I know from her that she used to go and spend most of her time there.
She'd be so proud of you Amy, I know she would. You know where to find her though, she's always with you, just remember that!
Right, I have many a job to do (see you can even distract me when your not even here!) so I'll wrap this letter up now!
Take care of yourself, don't get into trouble, and keep ontop of you school work!
Write again soon, with more on school, I'd love to hear more!
Take care of yourself
Lots of love always
Your Uncle Callum
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Harriet trundled into the great hall still half asleep and yawning she did a giant stretch before sitting down and it took her a few minutes before realising someone was there "Oh hi Amy!" she said "mind if I join?" she said pulling a piece of toast towards her.

"Hey Harri, no please be my guest" she said, laughing slightly, as Harri still seemed to be half asleep. "Good nights sleep?" she asked, continuing to eat her breakfast.

"No terrible actually just couldn't drop off! thats why I'm so tired!" she said yawning and stretching "How about you?" She noticed she had a letter in her hand but knew it was probably private and so didnt want to bring it up. "Bit empty in here isn't it?" she said glancing around at the nearly empty tables.

"The usual kind of sleep, I heard you tossing and turning!" she said smiling. "yeah it really is empty here, I've been here quite a while, nice and quiet and all!" she said finally finishing her breakfast and now pouring herself some pumpkin juice.

"Oh sorry!" she said "I hope I didn't keep you awake, I've never had a problem sleeping before just now!" she said while making a mental note not to toss and turn that night, the last thing she wanted was to keep the rest of her dorm awake!
"A bit too quite if you ask me!" she said, she noticed Amy pouring herself some pumpkin juice and said "Still haven't got used to that stuff! I'd pick a nice glass of apple juice anyday!" She reached for the jug "Better get used to it though!" She said and poured herself some and drank wincing slightly before smiling. "So enjoying all our lessons?" she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back