Another foe

Leah Winters

OOC First Name
Malynne
Wand
13" Sequoia Dragon heartstring
Leah had not explored the Student Lounge as of yet, so it was obvious that she would do so today, after classes. Curfew was a few hours away, most students were at dinner, so Leah knew the lounge would be empty. She opened the door and walked in, not very pleased with what she saw. It looked okay, but it would appeal to a first year rather than a sixth.
Leah crossed her arms, and looked around, noticing a few stray book lying around.

Kiera was finished with her classes for today. She had changed from her uniform intocasual black dress. While her wedding ring did not stay on her finger, she kept her beautiful engagement ring on. Kiera had been feeling lonely at school, away from her love.

She decided to go check out the student lounge even though the last trip there. As Kiera entered the room, she realized it was a mistake to come here. Leah Winters sat alone in the room. Kiera glared at the girl who had kissed her boyfriend in front of her. Her temper rose, which was unusual for her. Kiera stormed over to where Leah sat.

"Who the hell do you think you are?"
Kiera demanded. "I told you I would be friend and then you turn around and kiss my boyfriend. Ex- Boyfriend." she corrected herself midsentence. "What the hell were you thinking!?" she asked, her chocolate eyes flashing angrily.

The familiar voice of Kiera stirred Leah out of her thoughts. She turned around to see her past friend staring at her angrily. Leah reached into her robes and grasped the handle of her wand, not knowing what to expect, but deciding to be prepared for it. What was with people? They seemed to have vendetta's against Leah, and she was beginning to get sick of it.
"Exactly. Ex-boyfriend." She pointed out. "Why are you so angry? It's not like you really wanted to be with him. Also, you cheated on him, why shouldn't he be allowed to return the favor?"

Kiera glared at Leah. "He was my boyfriend when you kissed him." she spat at the girl. The girl didn't understand friendship. No wonder she is alone. Kiera thought bitterly. "You don't know the first thing about what I wanted." she said, lowering her voice. "I didn't mean to hurt him. I slipped up once last year and he forgave me. Everything was fine until that damn article came out." she said more to herself than Leah. "It made him hate me, even though it wasn't true. I loved Alex but he decided to start cheating on me to hurt me. At least I didn't do it in front of his face or with one of his friends." she said, still glaring at Leah.

"Yes, well, he was your boyfriend when you chased after James Potter." Leah smirked. She wasn't sure if Kiera would actually attack her, but she did seem angry enough. Leah, however figured that Kiera being head girl would prevent her from doing something so rash. Kiera's words made her feel slightly guilty, but she had no romantic feelings for Alex at all. In fact, the kiss had just happened, and it hadn't really been her fault. Just Alex seeking revenge against a girl who had hurt him. She didn't feel the need to apologize for something that she didn't feel was her fault.
"I'm not the only one he kissed. Remember that."

The girl was really pushing Kiera's temper. Kiera shook her head. "I didn't chase after James Potter. I told James I could only be his friend. He fell in love with me and he was there for me when things starting falling apart." she said, her eyes beginning to water. Kiera wouldn't dare use magic against Leah but she did consider it for a moment. "I know you weren't the only one. You were just the only one who was supposed to be my friend. No wonder you don't have many friends if that's how you treat the ones you do have." Kiera said spitefully.

Leah suddenly felt pain build up in her chest, of the most emotional kind. She knew Kiera was right. She barely had any friends, and the ones she did have were a struggle to keep. Surprisingly, the fact that Kiera seemed to be on the verge of tears made her feel even worse. She took her hand out of her robes and crossed her arms. Leah would never cry over something like this, but the situation made her want to be alone. "Sorry." She said.

Kiera crossed her arms in front of her, still angry at the girl. She might have said sorry but it didn't look like she meant it. Kiera wasn't going to cry in front of this girl. But she wouldn't pretend like it didn't hurt like hell to lose Alex He had been her best friend for a year. "Oh please," she scoffed. "At least act like you mean it." Kiera said sarcastically.

Leah narrowed her eyes at Kiera, and uncrossed her arms. She couldn't believe this. She had apologized, and yet Kiera was still angry. Leah sometimes could not understand people at all. "Fine." She muttered. "You want an apology? Fine." She took a breath. "I'm sorry your ex kissed me. I'm sorry you and him got into a fight, and broke up. Although I do feel like the relationship was already over, seeing as he kissed me right in front of you. It shows that he really does not care about your feelings at all." She paused. "I'm sorry you can't have two boyfriends at once like you wanted, and I'm sorry I ruined your magical evening." She stopped and rolled her eyes, feeling more and more irritated by the second.

Kiera could not believe the audacity of this girl. Did she really not get it? Kiera shook her head. "You just don't get it." she said looking at the Slytherin. "I know Alex didn't care for me. If he had, he would have fought for me but he didn't. He ended our relationship a long time before I did. Still, he was my best friend. I just wanted one final night with him before I had to tell him I was engaged. Do you understand that?" she asked, her temper rising again. "You were my friend. I trusted you. Friendship might mean nothing to you but it certainly means something to me." she said, glaring at Leah.

Obviously Kiera had not accepted her apology. Leah couldn't blame her, seeing as it really wasn't much of an apology anyway. "I do get it." She told her. "But, I wasn't the only one who partook in that kiss." She sighed, not knowing how to convince Kiera. "Look." She began. "Do you see where me and Alex are right now?" She paused. "Exactly. Not together. We haven't even spoke since that night. He doesn't care for me, exactly how I don't care for him." She crossed her arms. "It could have been Lily Luna Potter in my place and he would have kissed her."

Kiera looked at Leah, surprised by her words. "Alex would kiss my sister?" she blurted out. "My future sister I mean." she said, covering up for herself. Kiera frowned at Leah. "I don't think he would kiss James' sister. He hates James." she said knowing that for certain. Her anger began to fade some. "Even so, I would be upset with any of my friends who kissed Alex." she said trying to get her point across to Leah. "You don't kiss your friends' boyfriends."

Leah tilted her head, noticing the slip of the tongue. She decided to ignore it however, assuming that perhaps it was just a minor mistake and nothing else. "Perhaps." She said. Kiera wasn't understanding her. Alex would have kissed anyone to get back at Kiera for hurting him, not matter who it was. She was unsure of what to say, for Kiera already had in her mind that she didn't want to listen to Leah.

Kiera shook her head. Why was Leah not really apologizing? There was no hint of real remorse in the girl's voice. Kiera could only assume it was because she was incapable of understanding true friendship. "Why?" Kiera asked, needing an answer. "Why did you do it?" she wanted to know. It would help her to know what made Leah kiss Alex.

"Why?" Leah repeated more to herself than to Kiera. Honestly, she did not know why. Perhaps it was because she had not had a guy want to kiss her in half a year. She had so many flings at Beauxabatons but here, she barely tried with the men. "It was a moment of weakness." Leah told her, truth ringing through her voice. She did not like Alex in that way, but he had charmed her easily. It was this reason why in the past Leah had always been the one in control and had not let men charm her so easily. It was time to be that way again. "And, I truly am sorry."

Kiera waited patiently for the other girl's answer. Her anger continued to fade until it was all the way gone. Kiera could hear the truth in her voice. Her apology seemed honest this time. Kiera sighed as she sat down on the couch. "Alright. I forgive you." she said, letting all grudges against the girl remove themselves from her mind. "Just stay away from James." she warned jokingly.

Leah smiled a smile of relief and genuine happiness. "Thanks." She said, sitting across from her, happy that the conversation didn't go to blows. She chuckled at Kiera's last comment. "I don't even know James." She said. "But, yeah. I'll keep at least fifty feet away from him at all times."

Kiera laughed, satisfied with Leah's answer. "He is pretty wonderful." she said blushing slightly. "Well if you promise not to go kissing him, I'll invite you to the wedding this summer." she said, grinning. When Kiera accepted an apology, she forgot the whole affair. She forgave fully, not holding grudges.

It was surprising that Kiera had forgiven her so easily. Leah was one t hold a grudge, and not let go for a long amount of time. "I promise." She promised. Kiera was her friend, and she would make sure to be a good friend in return. "You're getting married?" She asked. "Congratulations."

Kiera grinned as Leah promised. The older girl hoped that the younger girl would keep her promise, though she trusted James not to do that to her. "Yes, I'm getting married after I graduate to James Potter." she said happily. "He proposed last Brightstone weekend." she said, showing Leah the ring he bought her.

"Pretty." Leah remarked studying it. She was happy for Kiera, but Leah knew that she herself would probably never get married. She wanted to be free and be with whomever she wanted whenever the moment took her. "Where are you and him getting married?"

Kiera grinned as Leah called the ring pretty. She certainly thought it was. Kiera shrugged her shoulders to Leah's question. "I know that it will be in England but I'm not sure where. Probably Godric's Hollow. There is a pretty little church close to the Potters' house." she said, making a mental note to talk to James about that.

Leah nodded listening to Kiera. Suddenly a thought and a question formed inside of her mind. She had to ask, although honestly Leah was going to do whatever she wanted to do, despite what Kiera thought. "Do I have to stay away from Link Woods as well?"

Kiera's jaw dropped as Leah mentioned Link Woods. Her thoughts flashed back to everytime the two had shared together. Kiera had loved him but he caused her too much pain and sorrow. By the time he realized he loved her, it was too late. Kiera had moved on. "You...you know..Link?" she managed to choke out.

Leah watched Kiera's expression carefully. She seemed so shocked that she knew Link. "Yes." She answered. "We're... I suppose you can call it friends." They didn't exactly have a word for their relationship. All Leah knew was that she perhaps liked Link a little bit more than friends. "Do you know him?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back