Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Dederick
Wand
Briars rowan, 15", with centaur (aspens) tail hair and my werewolf fur
OOCOut of Character:
whoever decided to reply to this please may you PM me before or after you post for information on what i want to happen

It has been a rough nigh. the second month in a row that Briar had not taken any wolfsbane potion. if she had thought last month had been hard this month had ben harder. the wolf frenzied by the heat had run amuck, biting and scratching every thing it could get its paws on or jaw around. when she had transformed back she was surprised by the mess she saw however as soon as she tried to move she felt a sharp pain in her left arm. looking down she saw that it was covered in blood. in fact a lot of her body was from scratch marks. but her arm was the worst. as instead of scratches there as a deep bite mark. what had the wolf been up to? quickly she pulled her underwear and shorts on and screwed her t-shirt up and used it to try and stench the flow of blood. In just her bra and shorts she made her way out of the entrance to the cavern. there shouldn't be anyone around the castle this time in the morning. it must have been about 5AM and the sun was just making its way over the horizon and it must have been about quarter past five, she didn't stop to take in the beauty of her favourite time of day. Dawn, she walked as best as she could to the castle. slowly she made her way up to the hospital wing her legs weak with tiredness, or pain or adrenaline. whichever it was she was fighting it until she had reached the third floor. who's idea was it to have the hospital wing so high up. surly most accidents occurred in the grounds?
She entered the wards wondering who would see here, there were a few nurses who she hadn't met before usually she was treated by Aisling, but right now anyone who could help would be much appreciated. not bothering with the airing area she found the nearest empty bed and sat on it. removing the blood soaked t-shirt from her arm and having at look at it. it looked pretty bad, though she wasn't an expert on wounds even though she has had her fair share over the years. she put the t-shirt ball back over the top and called out "Hello, I could do with a hand here". hoping that someone would come soon she lay back propping up against the pillow and waited.

Aisling had fallen asleep in the Wing last night. She had been exhausted, and she had fallen asleep in her office at the back. She was worried about Briar-it was that time of the month, and Briar had been making ehr own wolfsbane recently-she'd stopped coming to the wing during her transformation. Aisling couldn't begin to understand what was going on with her, but she sympathised. She was veru fond of Briar. She had a kind heart, and she was firce as a lion. She enjoyed her company, though she was hoping that Briar was adjusting to her situation. She was slumbering silently, she had collapsed in her chair. She was dead to the world, her head filled with thoughts of Ireland, or her family-her original family. She missed them so much, and she didn't know where she belonged anymore.

A frown creased her brow as she slept, something was wrong. She heard sounds-somthing moving. She'd always been a light sleeper. She raised her eyelids sleepily, and blinked rapidly to try and revive herself. "Hello?" she called, she was answered by a familiar voice. "Briar?" she called, sitting up quickly, and brushing down her dress. "W-W-What are you doing her at this hour?" she yawned, walking out into the main wing, as she looked up she gasped. "Good Lord-what happened to you?" she rushed over to her, whipping out her wand. "Scourgify!" she commanded, and the blood vanished from her arms, she was covered in scratches. There was a large bite mark on her arm; "Have you been fighting with other wolves?" she asked, lifting her arm to get a closer look. As she touched her, she realised that Briar's skin was icy. "Accio gown!" she murmered, almost offhandedly, and a dressing gown leapt into her hand. "Put this on, before you freeze to death." she smiled, handing Briar the robe. The wound looked serious-she didn't know if she could heal it.

Briar heard the familiar voice of Aisling coming out of the back room when she had called out. although she was thankful to any nurse who helped her, she was glad that it was Aisling who made her way out of the back room. "Morning sorry for the early wake up call. but i couldn't wait like i normally do" she said. most months if she had got scratched she would wait until a little later like half past six or something before she came to get fixed up. in reply to the nurses question she wasn't sure what to say. "I had a pretty rough night" she said. not sure what to say any further. no one knew that she hadn't taken a drop of wolfsbane since she and dederick had broken up two and a half months ago. She felt the coolness of the spell as she dried blood cleaned off her arms, and where ever else it had coagulated.
"No there was just me down there last night. I only know one other wolf. ad I will NOT be spending another night with him" she said making the last statement very certain. she was referring to the nights that they had spent together over the summer. pleasant times that now had a bitter aftertaste when she thought that it had all been a lie. when she was handed the robe. she didn't put it on. as she wasn't cold at all. it was summer, and had been really warm, and she had never been one to get cold. her childhood had made sure of that. as she moved she felt her arm muscle didn't feel the same, it was painful but not too bad as after 16 and a half transformations, and her multiple accidents on the quidditch pitch and off she was sued to pain. instead she wrapped it around her. "thanks" she said. the tiredness suddenly hitting her. though however tired her body was her mind was surprisingly awake, however she did realise that there was a taste in he mouth that suddenly made her want to gag, the taste of blood, more specifically her own blood. "May I be able to get a goblet of water or something?" she asked. hoping that that may get rid of the sickly coppery flavour.

Aisling smiled as Briar apologised; "Don't worry about it." Briar wasn't in particularly good shape, and Aisling had been woried about her ever since she'd started making her own wolfsbane. It hadn't felt right, and she hoped to God that she hadn't made a mitake while making th epotion. "You were careful when making your wolfsbane weren't you?" she questioned her, and eyebrow raised, her eyes full of concern. Briar was a good kid, and she'd been going through a rough patch. "I can see that." Aisling replied, leaning in closer to examine the cut. It was nasty. "Accio gloves." she whispered, and she caught them as they flew to her. "This may hurt." she warned, putting on the gloves, and pressing the area around the wound. it was swollen, and she wasn't sure what to do. "Is this a werewolf bite Briar-you really need to tell me, because if there is any possibility of infection..well, it could be pretty bad." she asked, leaning back.

"Sure." Aising replied, walking into her office, and retrieving some pumpkin juice. She always kept some in the office. While she was there, she collected a lotion. "I'm just going to put some of this on." she smiled as she returned. "It should soothe the pain a litte, but Briar...with this kind of wound, I really think you should be moved to St. Mungo's." she added rubbing some of the lotion on the area around the wound, as she passed Briar the goblet of pumpkin juice.

briar exhailed when the nurse said not to worry about waking her up. she had tryed not to inconvenience anyone by her condidiotn, as soon s she learned the healing spell she wouldnt be coming here at all around the full moon. when she was asked if she had been careful whn making the potion she lied and nodded. however her brath caught in the back of her throat, the way ones breath would catch if they were bout to cry. but briar never cried. she drew her legs towards her as the nurse summoned the gloves. and rested her head on her knees. when the nurse said it may hurt she gave the smallest of nods to show she understood. she felt the nurses examination when she tougheec a particually painful part she flinched and gasped slightly but for the rest of it she was holding her breath as mush as she could, trying to hopd her real feelings inside. life was easier when you left emotions aside.
the nurse asked her if it was a werewolf bite and she could feel her eyes start to sting. "unfortunatly, like I said it was a rough night" she replyed trying to keep her voise normal but is was little more than a whisper and started to squeek a little at the end. thankfully then Aisling left to get her the drink. suddenly she couldn't hold back. she felt the gasps shaking through her and tears starting to stream down her face, the lack of sleep, coupled with the night she had had, coupled with everything she had been suppressing for the last three months came forcing their way out of her. it wasn't long until the nurse came back. she managed to sit herself up as she came cover, thought the tears were still falling down her face. "thank you" she croaked when the nurse put some cream on to ease the pain. she then took the goblet ad took a sip. thankfully not spluttering on it. "I cant be moved to st mungoes. what can they really do now anyway. I've been bitten before so the infection cant be any worse than it already is. can't I stay here until the end of the term, there is only a couple of weeks left" she said in one breath. "maybe if it hasn't got any better by then I could go and see someone during the holidays" she said. she didn't want to spend two weeks cramped in one bed like the last time she had been in the hospital, she wanted to stay at the school, she had promised her sister that they would go to the ball, and Iris had sent them dresses, not wither of their choice of dresses but dresses non the less, and it would be insulting if they didn't wear them.
OOCOut of Character:
sorry for that. but i can actually see briar crying.

OOCOut of Character:
No problem! ;) Do you want her in St. Mungo's immediately, or after the yule ball?

Aisling smiled down at Briar, he was such a lovely girl, and she had such a big heart. Her heart wrenched at the sight of Briar's scars. She took note of the fact that Briar seemed upset, obviously she'd be a bit chaen after such an injury, but she also noticed that Briar was avoiding saying how she was hurt.She tried to be gentle when examining the wound, but the skin was puckered, and sore. "Briar, this is a very bad cut" she commented absently, leaning even futher forward toward Briars arm. "It's not life-threatening, but it could cause problems." She looked up and saw Briar's expression; "Sorry about that." she replied, smiling apologetically, she didn't like to think she'd hurt her.

"Sure." she replied, skeptically. She didn't believe Briar, but it wasn't really her place to pry. Perhaps she would recommend her to the school councillor. Though on the other han, it felt like a betrayal. She liked Briar, she was a nice girl, and she didn't know what to do. It was a difficult situation. She was mulling this over, as she went to get the drink, but when she returned, Briar had tears falling down her face. "Briar!" she exclaimed, sitting on the bed beside her, her arm around the girls shoulders; "What's wrong love?" she asked, leaning in to look into her eyes. "Briar, this could be a very serious injury." she answered. "Look, we could maybe give it a night, and see how it is by tommorow?" she suggested. She couldn't risk letting Briar roam around the school in this condition.

OOCOut of Character:
regur during the holidays, more for counceling due to refusal to take wolfsbane as well ad getting the bite healed

it was little condolences for briar to hear that it was a bad cut but not life threatening. she had already figured that much out herself. "don't worry it didn't hurt" she managed to choke out before the tears started.
when the nurse was back and she was crying she felt the ladies arms around her shoulder. It helped her try and force her breathing normal, though the tears kept coming and every now and then gasps came forcing their way out. she sat there for a moment as she heard Aisling asking questions. she wasn't sure how to say what was wrong. as she wasn't sure herself, it was everything, nothing, a mixture of things. the main thing she didn't dare tell the nurse, did she? but the nurse aught to know. "I am not quite sure. I would probably be fine if i had had enough sleep."" she said, sort of a lame reason as if she had ha enough sleep what ever was wrong with her would still be wrong, she would just be able to restrain i more. "I guess you should know if you don't already, I haven't had my potion for a few months" she said. october she ha had some dosages, but not all, and since then she hadn't had any. at this a fresh wave of tears came. she wished she wasn't crying, and that she was her normal self, and stop showing that she had grown weak. she had crown dependent on her sister, which she didn't mind, in fact she liked. but she had also put a lot of dependence in Dederick, and when he had broken up with her she had had a tough time dealing with it, and apparently she still wasn't doing so well. she tok a sip of the drink and listened to the suggestion. "alright, I'll sty in here until tomorrow morning, though can my sister come in the day?" she said weakly, as it was exam prep week she had nothing really to do as seventh years had their exams at the end of the year.

OOCOut of Character:
dont necessarily want madlyn to join as it would still be like half five. but I can see madlyn coming to visit her later in the day. though not RPed

Aisling flashed a smile to Briar, but she was worried, very worried. This kind of thing shouldn't be happening. "I don't know of another person who gets themself in so much trouble." she teased, grinning. She didn't want to worry Briar, so she stifled her fears and left them inside. She just sat with Briar, as she cried, silently stroking her hair. Sometimes, people didn't need words, and Aisling knew that Briar was uncomfortable with weakness. She was the same. "It's okay." she replied, as Briar tried to explain herself; "You've been through a lot tonight." She stiffened as Briar explained what she'd been doing. Don't explode Aisling. Don't explode. She counselled herself. She knew that getting angry wouldn't help. "Briar, that' very dangerous." she answered, in a dangerously quiet voice. "Why, why would you do that? You know how dangerous, how foolish that is." she continued, her arms still around Briar. "Briar, tonight is just the first time, you could get seriously hurt next time." she finished, Briar knew all this, but Aisling wanted to know why she was doing this. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to tell them this in St. Mungo's, it's your choice whether or not to take the potion, but if you're not...you might be taken out of the school Briar." she explained, Briar was still in school, but this time next year, her choice would be her own, still Aisling hoped she could see the sense in what she was saying.

"Okay, but Briar, I am going to contact St. Mungo's-you'll need to be checked up over hte holidays." she replied, finally removing her arm from Briar's shoulder. "Of course Madlyn can come." she continued, turning to face Briar once more. "Briar, this is very serious-please promise me you'll look after yourself." she pleaded quietly, Briar was a good girl, and she knew that something was causing her to do this-she wasn't that rebellious.

Briar smiled wetly as the nurse joked that she didn't know anyone else who got into so much trouble. "I think Me and trouble are just made for each other" she said through a break in the tears. she was grateful for the nurse for not pressuring her to say anything, or do anything just sat with her and comforted her. she felt the nurse tense though as she told her about the potion. she felt bad for it. Aisling had been good to her every month for the last year and a half, healing any wounds she got, and she felt bad for adding to the nurses problems as it was, being the nurse in a school like this one must already be a frantic job with out there being a werewolf, especially one who wasn't taking their medicine.
she listened to the nurses words, and knew she was right, she had been stupid. she had thought that the cavern was safe, but she hadn't thought about that if it wasn't. what if anything went wrong. or even what if the word had got out. she knew there were a lot of students who weren't happy with her bering a werewolf, they would throw a fit if the knew she was a dangerous one at that. she sat u again and silently wandlesly summoned a box of tissues from across the hall. she had been practising the magic she had learned in class hard. and was getting rather good at it. she took a tissue and blew her nose before wiping her face with the next. you're right of course, I have been stupid."[/b] she said taking a sip of the juice. "If st mungoes have to know then you had better tell them." se said managing to compose herself again. then thinking for a moment she said. "I was planning on staying here for the holidays, so I will have plenty of time to visit the hospital. she then heard the nurses next request and felt really guilty to hear the tone of pleading in her voice. "I promise form now on I will look after myself. and as of next month I will be back on the potion." she said holding back a fresh wave of tears that were threatening to break. she had already shown enough weakness going to pot after she was broken up with, she needed to show them that se was still strong and endangering everyones safety would not be the best way to do that.

Aisling smiled as Briar answered her; "Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humour Missy." she replied, sticking her tongue out at her. It was a pretty feeble attempt at cheering her up. She stroed Briar's hair as she let her cry She knew that she could never understand, but she could sympathise; "Briar, I know it's hard, but you are loved, here in this school-the younger students look up to you-don't risk yourself, you mean too much to too many people." she smiled gently, looking down into Briar's eyes. Three thin scars marred her face. Aisling would've hated them, but she thought Briar liked them. They suited her, she was tough, strong, and the scar showed that. Shed probably have been able to get them removed with magic, but Aisling doubted she would.

"Okay." Aisling replied, smiling as Briar summoned the tissues. "Not stupid exactly, more-young and rebellious." she replied, a mischeivous grin on her features. She'd been a bit of a rebel, she'd gone through a gothic period, died her hair black, gone out late-night drinkin. It had driven her parents crazy, but she'd eventually found the real her again, rather than trying to be something she wasn't. She "That's good, I'm not sure how long they'll want you there for, but I'll send them on your details in the morning." she replied, she had files on every student that had any long-term illness. At the moment, Briar was her most serious case. She grinned broadly as Briar promised to go back on her potion; "Excellent, now how are you feeling? Tired?" she asked, as she summoned a bandage, and began to wrap up Briar's arm; "Just to make sure you can sleep comfortably." she explained, she couldn't help with the wound, but she could at least try to make Briar comfortable.

Briar laughed as the nurse teased her about her sense of humour and poked her tongue out a little in reply. it had been one of the things that had helped her get through some of the tough situations she had been in, looking at them light heartedly no matter how serious they were. once again she realised that the nurse was right, she had been so caught up in herself over the last semester that she hadn't thought about any of the other students, other than what was necessary for her duties. she promised herself that next semester she would try and make time to talk to other students, and not just her lion cube. but also the huffleuffs, ravenclaw, and even maybe a slytherin or two, there were a couple in her classes who actually seemed nice, one called Lilith, and one called Karmania, maybe they weren't all as bad as the few she had encountered before. she smiled at the nurse her tears starting to sense. "you are right again, at least i think to. I know there are a lot of students who hate me for becoming head girl because of what i am, and what I do, but I should remember that there are more who, trying not to sound bigheaded, like me." she said. her eyes meeting the nurses she wondered what Aisling was thinking. she was thinking that she would have to get over Dederick soon, otherwise not only would he have affected her whole future, but also ruined her whole seventh year for her. her mind briefly wend back to the last holidays, she had been so happy with him and the brightstone weekend before when they had both gotten tattoos, she had felt like the world had been, not perfect, but felt like the problems had all got solutions. quickly she pulled her mind back, thinking of then wouldn't help her now. she focused back on what the nurse was saying, something about sending filed in the morning. wasn't it already the morning? maybe she just wanted to wait for a decent hour. but to be honest briar wasn't paying that much attention. now she had stopped crying a wave of fatigue had crashed over her, and all she wanted to do was sleep it away. thankfully Aisling seemed t be thinking something similar. as she asked if she was tired. briar nodded and the nurse bound her arm. "Thank you. for everything" she said slipping down a little further in the bed realising that she really did need to sleep, she had been awake for about 25 hours solid, as she had been up early the previous morning as she had to go on patrol, as she had covered for Dymetris, so that he would cover her for the night shift. usually it as easy to get people to cover her night shifts for the full moon as she lover the early morning shifts, the ones most people tried to avoid like the plague. she lay down not bothering to change her shorts were running shorts, so had no uncomfortable pockets, and she just didn't have the energy any more to change out of her bra. and her shirt was all bloody anyway. "good night" she said waiting a few moments to watch the nurse and see if she was going to say anything before closing her eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back