An unplanned swap

Nina Patrokov

OOC First Name
Alexis
Wand
Yellowheart with a mix of satinwood and a core of pixie dust.
Nina walked out of the tents glad that for once it was it was sunny and relatively warm. Nina had her broom in her hand and her wand in the other. Nina smiled as she mounted her broom and she flew quickly over to the pitch, still thankful that Professor King was able to fix her broom. She would've had the hardest time explaining what happened to her broom to her parents, as they were muggles. When Nina got to the Pitch she smiled brightly when she saw that it was completly empty and she said softly, "Practise for one." Nina began to do laps around the pitch starting slow and gradually getting faster and faster.

Hilary had just got her broom back from Quality Quidditch supplies and was eager to try it out again. She skipped off to the pitch with the bag in one hand and her broom in the other. When she reached it she saw that the only person on the pitch was a figure high above it. Better go say hi.. she thought dropping her bag and hopping onto her broom when she got near enough to be heard she cried out. "Hey Nina, what's up?".

Nina was still speeding around the pitch when she heard someone call her name, she immediatly stopped and looked into the person's direction and she saw that it was Hilary. Nina smiled and called out, "Hi Hilary, I'm good how are you?" Nina flew over to Hilary with a nice smile.

"I'm doing pretty good, so I see your broom has been mended as well, aren't you glad they don't have pixies on the pitch during regular games?" She smiled at the thought and flew over to Nina so that they could talk without screaming.

Nina chuckled lightly and said, "That would be an interesting game to watch, I'm not going to lie... Professor King told me that he fixed your broom aswell, it looks almost as good as new..." Nina smiled nicely to Hilary and asked curiously, "How were your holidays?"

"Yeah, he did a pretty good job didn't he..." Hilary smiled admiring her broom a little. "My holidays weren't bad.... I worked a lot and just sort of shopped in town. Oh speaking of shopping, I've got something for you." She pulled out her wand in a flurry and called "Accio back-pack" watching her bag fly up to her from the ground. She rummaged inside and pulled out a gift wrapped in sparkly purple paper with a lable that said:
Nina,
Your competition I value, but your friendship I value even more.
Happy Holidays
Hilary

"Oh thank you Hilary...your the best, I have something for you aswell," Nina said with a bright smile as she took her wand out and said, "Accio Hilary's gift." In a minute or two she saw Hilary's gift flying towards Nina from the tents. When it reached her she handed Hilary the gift and said, "Happy Christmas, sorry I didn't get it to you sooner, I was in Scotland." Nina handed her the gift careful not to drop anything.

"Your welcome Nina" She said handing the present over. When Nina summoned a gift for her she smiled and said "Thanks Nina, you're awesome". When the HS champion handed it to her she took it in her hands. "So do you want to land and open them or just sort of do it floating up here." She was sure they looked crazy, two girls floating high above the pitch exchanging gifts.

"Your welcome..." Nina said with a small smile then said, "We probably look riduculas up here, how about we go down?" Nina began to float away from Hilary so they would have room to go down with out the possibility of hitting eachother.

"That's what I was thinking" Hilary said will a smile turning away from Nina slightly and then diving down towards the ground in true seeker style. She pulled up just before she reached the ground and then touched down easily. She looked up to see if Nina had kept up with her.

Nina did a nose dive with her gift in one hand and directing her broom with the other. Nina came to a quick halt before touching the ground and smiled to herself, she loved doing that and couldn't wait to have her first game of quidditch when she got back home as she made the team for the following year. Nina touched the ground and dismounted her broom and held it in her arms unsure if she should set her broom down or not.

When Hilary saw that Nina had done a similar move she slumped down onto the ground. She threw her backpack down beside her and set her broom behind her. "So Nina, why don't you go first?"

Nina smiled and took a seat on the cold ground across from Hilary and set her broom down softly and said, "Sure." Nina began to unwrap the gift carefully when it was unwrapped Nina saw that it was a ** and she looked up at Hilary and said, "Your so great Hilary thank you.."

**what it is?

((It's an HNZ duffle bag :D )))

"Aw thanks Nina, but you are just as great" She looked up at her fellow champion and then back down at the gift, "so can I open it..?" she said excited. Even after she had learned that Santa Claus really didn't exist she was still always excited about new things.

Nina nodded and said, "Yeah go right ahead Hilary..." Nina smiled brightly hoping that Hilary would like it, feeling badly for not getting her something better.

Hilary opened the gift and smiled when she saw it was ....... At this moment she was glad they were on the ground as she jumped forward and hugged her friend and competitor. "Thanks Nina, that's so nice of you."

(((And it is......))

[A gryffindor neckalace]

Nina wasn't expecting a hug but she hugged Hilary back and the released her and said, "No problem Hilary, sorry I didn't get you something more..." Nina gave her a small smile.

"Oh well that's no biggie, I have only met you a couple of times." She said with a smile, "That's why I got you a New Zealand bag, so that you can remember us for the rest of your life."

"Oh I don't think I will ever forget coming here," Nina said while beaming brightly still slightly awed that she was even here.

"Yeah, well I don't think I'll ever forget this year..... it has been filled of like everything." She smiled and then slightly changed the subject "So what electives do you take?"

"I took divination and Care of Magical Creatures, what about you?" Nina asked curiously.

"Oh, I'm in all of them..... wanted to keep my options open." She smiled and looked over at her competitor and friend.

"All of them? You must have a full schueduel and you can't do that unless...you have a timeturner!" Nina said with an asking smile, to see if she was right.

Hilary had practiced this moment in her mind but it was the first time it had ever actually arose. She wasn't supposed to tell anyone about it and decided that she should just play dumb. "Um, you lost me back at full schedule..... which it is, they have arranged it so that it works, but it is a lot..... Oh and what's a timeturner? My mom never mentioned one of those while I was growing up..." None of that was lies it just wasn't full truths, and she knew that this was probably important especially as Nina was only taking two classes and wouldn't know about it.

Nina raised her eye brows, with every word Hilary said Nina became more confident in her answer and said smoothly, "You and I are both smart Hilary, and I understand you can't screw around with time..." Nina smiled at her waiting for her response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back