All the way from Dumstrang

Daniel Olsen

Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Daniel stepped out from the fireplace that he had appeared in seconds ago. He dusted off the little soot that had made it's way on Daniel's black coat away with his hand. He had traveled to Brightstone with floo powder because he couldn't come with side along apparation as Benjamin had decided against coming back for the holidays due to the immense workload he had this year.

He walked down the main street and spotting an empty bench he decided to wait there for Kasey to show up. He was dressed in black jeans and a white t-shirt and wore a black, knee length coat on top. He was holding white roses, although he had wished to purchase red roses he had decided against it as he didn't want to see Kasey being upset.

He hoped she hadn't changed her mind. It seemed very unlikely that Kasey would make him come all the way to Brightstone and not appear herself. However, Daniel thought weather they would allow him to go up to the castle to meet Kasey if she didn't show up. He really wanted to see her from the time they had parted. Although Kasey had mentioned to him the very night of their first and only kiss that their relationship would mean nothing as they went to different school but Daniel still hoped Kasey would change her mind. He really liked her, from the very beginning.

Kasey was nervous about this trip to Brightstone. She had promised to meet Daniel there but she didn't know what would be the outcome of it and didn't want it to be dramatic at all. She chose her outfit, a silver grey dress of a bit shorter then knee length. She decided to leave her hair open so she passed a comb through them and then took her purse and walked out of the castle.

She walked through the forest path, her heels making a low tip-tap noise in the soft soil. The forest seemed very alive with all the birds chripping and other creatures dwelling in it. She would have felt a bit scared if she was alone, although she was practically alone, as in not going with friends or a date but there were bunch of students infront and behind her which made it perfectly safe.

Finally after the five minute walk, she emerged at the clearing from where Brightstone village started. It was busy today with all the hogwarts students having their trip. She looked around, her eyes searching for Dan. She hoped she would be able to resist him after she met him. Writing to him and stating things was easy but when it came face to face, Kasey hoped her heart wouldn't melt at the sight of Dan. She tried to stay strong as she thought that such distant realtionships would only bring them sorrow in future if either paired up with someone else.

Dan sat on the bench, looking at the roses as he waited. He hoped they'd have some effect on this meeting which he was dying to call a date but Kasey would never consider a date. According to Kasey Carla this would be a 'meeting of two good friends'. Daniel's eyes were stuck at the point where hogwarts students were entering Brightstone.

He was very positive Kasey had ignored this so he stood up but just as he did so, he spotted her. Dressed in silver grey dress, she looked stunning, more beautiful then last time he had saw her. He walked towards her, not smiling as he walked. But when he finally reached her, his lips broke into a dazzling smile. He gave her the roses "Hello Kasey" he said in his masculine voice that had changed from the past two years becoming more man-like then a childish voice.

Kasey looked at Daniel as he walked towards her and gave him a smile. She hoped that she could explain him today that they were simply meant to be friends and nothing more. For that reason, Kasey had agreed to come to visit him at Brightstone. “Hi, I have been fine” she lied with a smile. Kasey looked perfectly fine but from her heart she was sad. The sadness was a cause of many different things that she needed to mull over in her mind but hadn’t got the time yet.

“Thanks” she said accepting the white roses. She hoped that the white roses would mean a decent continuation of their friendship. “How are you?” she asked as she now noticed that Daniel had grown an inch taller from the last time she had seen him. His shoulders had rounded more and his muscles seemed stronger giving him a matured sort of look. “And how’s Benjamin?” she asked him. Kasey had always loved her brother. No matter how irritating he was at times, Kasey knew, deep in her heart that he always cared about her.

The wind was getting a bit chilly although it was just ten in the morning. Kasey’s dress wasn’t enough to keep her warm. She rubbed her palms together for some warm taking in a deep breath of the cool air. A strand of hair had once again made its way on Kasey’s face but she didn’t bother to place it back behind her ear.

(I didn't ask you 'how r u?' :p )

“I am fine and so is Ben” he said returning Kasey’s smile. Daniel knew the girl very well to know she wasn’t truly smiling, not from her heart. However, Daniel didn’t press that at the moment. “He sent regards and a letter” he said as he took out a letter from the front pocket of his black leather jacket.

Dan noticed the spring air in this area was similar to the sort of things they experienced in the North. Seeing Kasey rub her hands, he took it she was feeling cold. “Why don’t we go to the broomsticks and have a butterbeer?” he offered Kasey.

Daniel hoped that today he would be able to convince Kasey that they shared something more then friendship. Dan really liked the girl who stood in front of him. He knew he would have to be patient with Kasey’s temper or she would storm off to the castle. Gesturing for Kasey to walk to the broomsticks he said “Is the place still very popular?”

Kasey smiled, a true smile reaching her eyes when Daniel handed her Benjamin’s letter. She put it in her silver purse and looked up at Dan who offered to drink a butterbeer. “Okay” she said as she started to walk towards the Three broomsticks. “Oh yes, it is definitely very popular” she said with a smirk.

“Remember when we used to come here with Jessy , Ginny and Jayne, my dormates?” she asked Daniel. Those days of her first two years at Hogwarts had simply been amazing but it seemed that as childhood passed the happy times slide away from their lives.

“Yeah I do” he said as the vivid memory came into his mind. Kasey and all other friends of her and Dan and his friends use to plan to come to the broomsticks together during trips. In his first year, Dan remembered he had many friends at Hogwarts but he was a loner at Dumstrang. Many boys didn’t seem to like him due to the fact that about half dozen girls seem to follow him wherever he went and some just disliked him for other reasons. So far Dan had only two good friends at Dumstrang Academy.

“How are they? I remember Jessy very well, she was your besty, wasn't she?" he asked her as they arrived on the wooden door of the broomsticks and he pushed it open for Kasey to enter.Dan had not been so gentleman sort before but things changed with time and Dan was happy that he had learned some manners during the past year.

Kasey was a bit surprised as Daniel opened the door for her. He hadn't been this way before, she remembered very well. Dan had previously thought that flowers and gentleman behaviour was of no use but Kasey noticed that he had been doing things that he once thought of fake. "Yes, Jessy was my best friend. But now they're all gone. Only Ginny and Kailey are left in Ravenclaw with me" she said with a sigh as she entered into the warm crowded bar.

It was always the smell of butterbeer that welcomed the customers. She smiled as she looked around. Only two tables were empty, one in the corner and one in the middle. "How about sitting there?"Kasey asked Dan pointing to the one in the middle. She didn't want people to think of them as a couple because they were not one. They were good friends meeting to see each other.

"Oh!" Dan said with a slight shock. He didn't know that Kasey was so alone in the school. He knew Jessy was her best friend but Kasey hadn't told him that they had all left. He came back to his senses as he looked at the table Kasey had pointed for them. It was too crowded in the middle of the restaurant. "How about their?"he suggested and not waiting for an answer he walked towards the corner table and pulled out a chair for Kasey.

He had to convince Kasey today no matter what happened that she liked him and that he liked her too and they should be together. He pulled out a chair for himself and sat down and looked up at Kasey. Why does she think I might pair up with someone else? he thought sadly. He just had to convince her today or the whole visit would be of no use.

Kasey sighed as Dan pointed towards the corner table. She knew this would come and now that it did she had to clear it. However she walked to the table and sat on the chair Dan had pulled out for her and mumbled a "Thankyou"

She looked at him, her eyes full of hopes that he would understand. "Dan.." she began with a sigh. "You have to understand" she continued hoping he would understand and she would have to say no more. She looked in his brown eyes waiting for an answer. Hoping it would be positive and that he would agree but her heart knew that he wouldn't listen to her yet she didn't want to listen to her heart at the moment.

Dan picked up the menu and turned the pages of the think booklet that offered different sorts of food. He heard Kasey say that he had to understand. "I know Kasey, wait a minute..let's give our order before we talk" he said as he handed her the menu and smiled at her. The smile was actually for himself for being able to stop Kasey.

"I am taking a butterbeer and a burger, what about you?"he asked her looking into her blue eyes. They were as beautiful as ever. He smiled and then commented "Did you know your eyes are very beautiful?"

Kasey was interrupted and she frowned as Dan said that they had to order their food. Kasey wasn't feeling hungry or maybe if she was she didnt feel like eating in this sort of situation so she said "Just a butterbeer for me"

She looked back at him stunned as he complimented her. The colour of her face rose turning crimson as she blushed. "Thanks" she said with a smile. This is not working, control yourself and inner voice told her and she stopped smiling and then looked down at the menu as if it was the most intresting thing around.

"Okay, I'll go and bring the food" he said with a grin happy that it was working. He knew if Kasey kept blushing this way she would eventually agree that they were to be together. In a few minutes he came back holding a tray and he put a glass of butterbeer on Kasey's side and another on his and his burger and returned the tray. "There we are" he said with a grin.

"We don't get such a drink there" he said as he sipped the butterbeer. It felt nice and made Dan feel confident. "So who are you going to the ball with, it isn't far is it?"he asked her. He knew Kasey would be a bit surprised by the question but he wanted to know and to make her understand that she was not going with anyone because Dan was not there.

Kasey took her butterbeer and took a sip. She was half way through swallowing it when Dan asked his question. Kasey wasn't expecting it, she coughed. Wiping her mouth with a tissue she replied "I am not attending it" which was a down right lie. Kasey was going to the ball but she was going solo with her friend.

"Why do you ask?"she inquired with a raised eyebrow. She was feeling angry of Dan asking such questions that made clear he was bound to prove something from his side. "Anyway, I was saying...I hope you remember what I said before we left the Carla mansion" she said looking up at him in his brown eyes.

Dan smiled on Kasey's reaction. He chewed a bite of his burger and then replied "So, you're still single?" It wasn't replying the question but asking another one instead. "Just curiosity, wondering why you rejected all the boys that asked you" he said with a smile. Dan knew that Kasey had said no to three boys because Benjamin had told him so. Ben had friends in Hogwarts that kept him updated on everything.

"Of course, I remember you said that you'll miss me" he said with a smile. He knew Kasey didn't mean that. She meant 'Dan we are best friends, it's no use taking it further when it will hurt if we pair up with someone else' but Dan wanted to hear that again so he could start it once more but this time he was sure he would win.He took another sip of the butterbeer and relaxed in his chair.

Kasey was shocked as the converstaion continued. How did Dan know that she had rejected the boys that had asked her out. Was he spying on her? How could he? "Yes, well I am single and I rejected the boys because I didnt wish to attend it" she said firmly. She looked up at him feeling angrier by the minute.

"How did you know that I rejected them? Have you been..?"she stopped not wanting to insult him by saying 'spying'. "Look Dan, you know very well what I mean. I am not talking about saying that I missed you" she said with an angry sigh. She took a huge gulp of her butterbeer and swallowed it. "I mean when I said we are just friends, I meant that. I don't want to have anything with you other then friendship" she said taking another sip. "I was very clear with that, yet you ask me to meet you here and write me signing 'love you', what is that supposed to mean?"she asked.

Dan smiled taking another bite of the burger. She admits it after all. "Well, why don't you want to attend it?"he asked taking a sip of butterbeer. "Do you want to say that I was spying on you?" he asked his voice rising a bit. "why would I do that?"he said sipping the butterbeer and finishing his glass.

"Oh no Kase, you are not clear with that. You are confused, you like me yet you don't want to admit it to yourself, why?" he asked looking back into Kasey's eyes. "That is because I like you, how many times do I have to tell you?"he asked as he got hold of her hand that was on the table wanting her to calm down. "Kasey, I asked you to come here so as to make you understand"

"No I didn't say anything like that" she said as Dan said that she was accusing him for spying on her."Daniel, I know that we are just friends. At least from my side and I am in no mood of changing that status. You can have my friendship or nothing at all" she said as tears started pouring down her eyes. She knew all what she had said was a 100% lie but she wasn't going to admit it. She was doing this for their own good.

"I am going" she said as she picked up her silver purse and stood up turning to leave the resturant. She wouldn't go for holiday if needed. She didn't want to see Dan again. She knew if she hung around she wouldn't be able to control it any longer.

"No we aren't friends, we are lot more then that, you have to admit that" he said as he rose. Kasey said she was leaving. No, you can't let her go. You need to sort it out right now he thought as he rushed out of the restaurant after her. "Kasey wait" he said running towards her.

He got hold of her wrist and pulled her back towards him. She was close to him, he could feel her breath. He took her towards a less crowded street and stopped by a telephone booth(its a travelling booth). "Kasey, you can't hide it from me, I can see it" he said in a low voice looking at her in the eyes.

Kasey froze as she felt his hand close on her wrist. She was almost petrified by the closness. She could count the hair on his chin and the cool breeze made her strand of hair lose again and it fell on her cheek. She walked with him, not saying a word.

She heard the words that he spoke which brought her back to conciousness. "Dan, it's for our own good" she said with a sigh not looking into his eyes. "I fear of imagining what would happen to one of us if the other paired up with someone else" she said her voice once again was low like that of Dan. "We see each other only twice in a year and that won't be enough for you" she said the sadness reflecting in her tone.

"How can you say that, Kasey?" he asked lifting her chin so she could see him in the eye. "I want to be with you, I don't care if we go to different schools which are continents apart" he said with a smile. "I would never think of being with anyone apart from you" he added hoping this would convince her.

"And hey, no tears" he said wiping away the tears that had made their way to Kasey's cheekbone. "You can't deny the fact that you want to be with me and that is the reason you aren't attending the ball and agreed to meet me here" he said with a grin.

Kasey could not speak anything more. She knew it and she couldn't accept it that Dan was saying the truth. She liked him and had come here because she wanted to be with him but she wouldn't, she couldn't.

She looked at him, one last time and then turned on her heel without speaking anything an ran, ran away, back to the castle.

(Sorry, made it so depressing.)

(that's k :p )

Dan was a bit shocked to see Kasey react this way. "Kasey, wait..."but it was too late she had gone. He had not expected this but maybe Kasey was right, they weren't meant to be together. Dan sighed and walked to the end of the street and took the knight bus and went to the Carla manor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back