Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curved 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Cedar Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Open after Mia posts with Linden

Lucas hadn't expected the sixth year to be so stressful, but it had been worse than he had imagined. Everyone always talked about the fifth and seventh years being difficult, but no one seemed to mention the sixth year. Apparently, that didn't mean it was easy. Lucas was glad for the yule ball, jumping at the chance to have a fun distraction. It also helped that the exams were behind them for the semester, and they didn't have to worry about more until after the break.

After waiting for Linden to be ready, Lucas walked with him to the great hall. They were surrounded by other couples that were heading there together, and there was an excited atmosphere in the air. Lucas took Linden's arm as they approached the great hall and smiled at him. "So... Do you want to dance?" He asked him, not entirely sure what Linden would want to do first.

Linden was glad this semester was over. it had not spanned out the way he had wanted it to. he wished he had spent more time with his friends. there was one thing that he was glad hadn't changed and that was his relationship with Lucas. He hurried to finish getting ready and shrugged his jacket on as he made his way to the common room where lucas was already waiting. he felt his breath catch as he saw his boyfriend. why did he even bother when Lucas always managed to look so good. and how had he, linden cullen, managed to get someone so good looking to date him.
they made their way to the great hall somewhere their hands found each other their fingers intertwining until they grew closer and their grip changed to arm in arm the other couples around them adding to the buzzing atmosphere of the event. he only had a moment to take in the decorations noting that the atmosphere had returned to the wintery blues before he could hear lucas asking ifhe wanted to dance. "I would love to dance. so long as I get to dance with you" he said shifting his grip slightly. "Would you care to do the honours and join me for this dance" he asked maybe a little more formally than he strictly needed to especially considering that the song, an old muggle pop song, the kind that was always popular at the school,l was playing

Lucas glanced at Linden as they had to wait for a few other couples to pass. "I like your jacket." He admitted. "It's nice." He was glad to hear Linden wanted to dance as well. He had always hoped to go to one of these dances as a romantic date. The one with Connor had felt like a fairy tale once upon a time, but looking back on it he had mostly been overwhelmed. He felt a lot more certain now about what he wanted. He grinned. "Of course." He said as Linden asked him to dance. He took his hand, pulling Linden onto the dance floor. Excited about the night, he allowed himself a happy spin before pulling Linden close to dance with him. He felt light like he was floating. Thankfully, the music wasn't too loud to talk while they danced. "So... want to meet up over break?" He asked.

Linden smiled as Lucas said that he liked his jacket. he would keep that in mind. he hadn't got many smart jackets but he did like this one, his velvet one. "thank you. I like your... well everything" he said it may sound lame. and it probably was. but if seeing Lucas had taken his breath away. then being led onto the dancefloor with him lifted a weight of worry off his shoulders that he hadn't even known he was carrying until he felt like he was just air. this was easy. just him and the music, and the boy he loved. he watched Lucas spin and smiled happily because of the look of elation on his face before pulling and being pulled closer to Lucas. he put his arms around him and they started moving as one being in time to the music. the song was a slow one and the volume was not too loud leaving plenty of opportunities for talking when asked if he wanted to hang out over the break he nodded. "Yes. of course. do you have any plans? we can hang out whenever" he said. yes, he had work. and he knew they would both have family things on over Christmas but he would take whatever chance they had to hang out he could.

Lucas laughed softly when Linden said he liked his everything, glancing down at his clothes. "I don't think I'm wearing anything too special." He said, before giving Linden a slight grin. "But thanks." He added a little shyly. He pulled Linden close and gave him a quick kiss. The music changed to a slower song, which was fine with Lucas. He smiled at Linden, moving a bit more to the middle of the dance floor with him. He barely noticed anyone else around them, as he was so focused on his boyfriend. Lucas nodded. "I mean, the usual family Christmas stuff." He said with a slight shrug. "But nothing besides that. I'm always happy to get out of the house over break." He said honestly. "I like seeing my sisters, but they start getting on my nerves after like... a few days." He smiled ruefully. "I think they still see me as the little kid that first went to Hogwarts, you know? They're always treating me like a little kid."

Linden smiled a little flirtily "I wasn't just talking about what you were wearing" he said the last word cut off as Lucas kissed him. it was only a quick kiss and was over before he could react properly "but your suit does have flowers embossed on it. that is special" he said as he noticed how they caught the light different as he leaned forward to kiss Lucas back.
he listened as Lucas said that his family had the usual Christmas plans and that his sisters were annoying after a few days. he was grateful that for the most part his weren't willow had her own place now. he stayed sometimes sleeping on the sofa and she was pretty busy with work. and Ivy, she was still so young. she looked up to him like he was a superhero whenever he was back from school, would he always get that look or would she grow older and realise he was just a normal guy, he hoped not at least for a while he liked being her hero. He guessed now there was also Tara. the girl his parents had taken in it would be interesting to see what she was like now she was comfortable in the house. "yeah. but next holiday we will be of age, we can use magic at home. so you can go whenever you want, wherever you want. and spin. he said as the change in the music made the perfect time for the two of them to spin. making plans would be so much easier when they didn't have to rely on parents for transport and could apparate themselves. "should we do new year together?" he asked. he didn't mind where. at Lucas's place or his, or somewhere just the two of them.

Lucas laughed gently and ducked his head a bit at Linden's compliment, cheeks flushing. He was feeling giddy tonight. He smiled at Linden's compliment about the suit. "I do enjoy that part of it." He said, glancing down at his jacket for a moment. He blinked when Linden reminded him that next time they would be of age and could use magic at home. "I... hadn't thought about that." He said, smiling a bit. "It would be fun to go somewhere-" He was cut off when they spun around, and Lucas laughed, taking Linden's hands once they were facing each other again. He considered his suggestion for a moment. "That would be fun... " He said hesitantly. "I've never celebrated New Year with anyone but my family."

Linden smiled at Lucas. He was already enjoying tonight immensely. he smiled as Lucas said that he would like to go somewhere with him. "we can go anywhere you want to go" he whispered before kissing him lightly on the cheek.
when Lucas said that he hadn't spent the new year away from his family he nodded. "I haven’t either. It doesn’t have to be New Year if you want it with your family we can hang out some other time," he said. He knew how important his family was to both him and Lucas and he didn’t want to overstep any boundaries.

Lucas laughed softly and leaned in a bit as Linden kissed him on the cheek. "Anywhere?" He asks softly. "I doubt we can go to the moon." He added teasingly, smiling fondly. "But I'm happy anywhere, really." He said softly, meeting his eyes for a moment. He blushed when Linden said it didn't have to be New Year. He shrugged hesitantly. "It would be nice, though. Kissing you at midnight." He admitted softly.

No Elvera. this is not your place to post. you may be supervising the hall and making sure that nothing inaproprite is happening but leave these boys alone. they are too cute to interupt.

Linden cocked an eyebrow as Lucas said he doubted they could go to the moon. "We can try if that is where you want to go" he teased back. he was thinking there surely must be a way to do it. not the real moon but some way.

even in the low light, he could see a little colour rise in Lucas's face. and he felt his own cheeks warm as Lucas said he would like to kiss him at midnight. that was part of why he had thought of new Year. he put his arms around Lucas hugging him as what felt like the rest of the world danced on around them. "i want you to be my new years kiss too." he said softly the moment feeling so intimate he felt his skin tingling. they may still be in the middle of the dance floor but the rest of the world had faded out of his mind and it was just the two of them to the extent that they could well have been alone on the moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back