OOC First Name
Jamie
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Flexible Ash Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
It wasn't that very long since Evelyn returned to Hogwarts after a summer break. But she had to write her dad about being safe and everything at Hogwarts, and ofcourse she was the one to do it not her brother. So the blonde climbed the stairs to the North Tower to visit the Owlery once again. It was going to be a short note, because she didn't had anymore things to say right now, that she didn't already tell in the vacation. When she opened the heavy door from the Owlery she noticed that it was empty. Well that was a pity, because Evelyn really liked to chat with someone right now. She made a few friends from her own house: Zara, Lucas, Aaron, Lizzie and from Hufflepuff Amber and ofcourse her brother Espen from Slytherin, she was interested by Rama Mowry from Ravenclaw but the contact wasn't very easy and also she spoke to Rory also from Slytherin and she didn't hate him too, he was pretty ok. When she thought about it she knew a lot of people already and only one hated her ofcourse that was Zenia, but Evelyn hated her too.

She was on a good way of becoming populair here around Hogwarts and she had made the Rumour has it, it wasn't that very nice what they had wrote but she was in there! And also in Hogwarts Monthly together with Lucas at number nine of best looking couples. It was a pretty rare thing to be in that top ten as first year so Evelyn knew that this was just a start. She wanted to be number one and one only and she needed a handsome and popular guy for it and Lucas was a good first choice but perhaps there were others too. She wrote down the note for her dad and gave it to her owl. '' Please poo on my moms head.'' she said to it with a smile. And looked at the white owl as it dissapeared in the sky.

Noah was on his way to the Owlery to send his father a reply to a letter he had sent. Cameron Kingsley was a busy man, but family was always most important to him. He never failed to send Noah a letter once a week, and the Slytherin boy always responded. Noah was feeling anxious about this term, hoping it would go better than the last one ended. Noah had been upset when he read the Rumor Has It magazine. Not only had it attacked both of his parents, his mother more than once, it had attacked him. While Noah knew he should be used to such things by now, he didn't think it was fair to expect that he should be used to it. His parents and aunt and uncle had been regularly written about in the Daily Prophet for as long as he could remember, but it never got easier. Noah never said such things to his dad or mum, knowing they would each feel responsible and guilty. He didn't want that for his parents. They had raised him in a loving, happy home, and he didn't want them to feel any differently.

When Noah arrived in the Owlery, he saw a Gryffindor girl who he believed to be in his year. He vaguely recognized her face from classes, but he didn't know her name. The Slytherin boy smiled. "Hello." He said as he moved to look for his mother's owl. He spotted her easily and beckoned her down. "Please take this to the Minister." he said quietly, giving the bird a treat before watching the owl fly off through the window.

The blonde was laughing about the thought that her owl poo on her moms head. She looked like her mother in that way, they hated to get dirty. But that was really the only thing what they had in common, or that was what Evelyn wanted to think. She turned around when she heard the door opening and when a boy she vagualy recognized entered and said hello. He was looking very cute but Evelyn didn't knew who he was and she never really spoke to him. What she did know was that he was a Slytherin, so he must be together with Espen. But he didn't made much friends yet, so she guessed that this boy didn't knew her twin brother. '' Hello!'' she responded friendly with a smile. The boy walked over to his owl and Evelyn was ready with sending here's so she wanted to leave, but than she heard the boy saying something interesting so she turned around so that she could look him in the eye. '' Minister? Sorry for overhearing what you said. But are you in trouble that you need to contact the Minister or..'' Ofcourse Evelyn was curious what this was about. Her father worked for the Norwegian Ministry of Magic, but the Minister was the one were it was all about.

Noah was a bit surprised when the girl spoke to him. The boy had to chuckle as she asked him if he was in some kind of trouble. Maybe that would be true if she had asked his cousin, Link, but it wasn't a concern with Noah. Truthfully, Noah did his best to stay out of trouble and not attract attention to himself. Noah didn't want to embarrass his parents in any way. "No, I'm not in trouble. He's my dad." he said with a grin at the girl. "My name's Noah Kingsley." the Slytherin boy said to the Gryffindor girl. She seemed a little nosey, but nice. He wouldn't mind getting to know her as he didn't have many friends at Hogwarts other than the other students he was related to in the school.

Evelyn looked at the boy with a smile. Perhaps it was a bit dumb to ask if he was in trouble, but what else could it be? And Evelyn was a very open girl, she would ask anything what comes to mind. When the boy said that he wasn't in trouble Evelyn frowned, but when he said that the Minister was his dad Evelyn looked suprised. She didn't expected this, was this a joke? But when the boy introduced himself as Noah Kingsley she knew it. Kingsley? Kingsley? Was he family of the Professor Kingsley?
'' Your the Ministers Son? Well that is.. lovely! '' Evelyn saw already her future sorted out, it would be amazing to be seen next to Noah with the Yule Ball. But perhaps he was very arrogant about the fact that he was the Ministers son. She would love to get to know Noah better, so that was what she was planning to do.
'' Nice to meet you Noah, I'm Evelyn Manning.'' she said with a charming smile.

Noah smiled embarrassedly as the Gryffindor repeated what he said about being the Minister's son. "Uh. I guess." he said, still smiling. It was a lot of pressure being the Minister's son. So much was expected of him, and Noah's biggest fear was falling short. Luckily, the girl was looking at him as if he was absolutely delightful. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Evelyn." he said, as equally as charming. Cameron and Cyndi had raised him to be a gentleman. Manners were extremely important to his father who had spent his formative years in the southern United States.

Meeting the son of the Minister, was amazing. But he was nice and good looking too and it all looked like a dream. She read about the son of the minister in Rumour has it were she was also in with a small sentence, but she didn't knew who it was and how he looked. She thought about how it would be this role or position you could call it that way. It had to be difficult and everybody would look at him, with everything he did. He could not explore the forbidden forest or that kinda things, because that would sure be in all of the papers or something. While she thought about it, she felt somewhat pity for him. But she would gladly switch parts with him, because she loved to get attention and to climb up the social ladder. The blonde smiled at him, when he responded at her, he didn't thought it was lovely perhaps? '' I mean.. to get a lot of attention, or don't you like attention? It must also be difficult I guess, to take all the right paths. Because maybe you don't want to dissapoint your father. Am I right?'' Evelyn was just so very open, she wanted to discuss anything, she loved honesty and she tried to place herself in his shoes. And she hoped that he would not mind doing that, perhaps he hated to talk about this. Or perhaps he didn't cared for what his father thought, but he didn't seemed like that person. The blonde looked at the Owls for a moment and smiled when Noah said that it was nice to meet her. She thought the same about him. '' Which house are you in Noah? I've never seen you before, I don't really know how that is possible, but it is.'' she said smiling. He wasn't in Gryffindor for sure otherwise she would know it, she was very updated about her own house.

Noah ran a hand through his hair and chuckled at Evelyn's very straight-forward question. This girl was different, more like his cousin Jemma than himself. "You aren't wrong. It's not easy being the minister's son. I was six when my father began his campaign. I didn't know what it was like for my cousins. Why they complained about the attention they got from the papers until it started for me. It's weird having people follow your family around." Noah said, looking around the room. The campaign had changed his life significantly especially since his father won the election. "I'm a Slytherin. I asked for anything but Gryffindor, so I got Slytherin. What about you?" he asked. It was true that Noah had never noticed Evelyn before, but he did his best to stay out of the gossip.

The blonde was glad that the boy was not avoiding the question. He just answered honest, she thought. And Evelyn was happy about that, she liked people that were honest about their thoughts. It was interesting to hear about how all that stuff went and looked suprised when he said that he was only six when his father began the campaign. '' I cannot say that I understand, because I don't know how that is like, but I would also like to be in the spotlights, there are sure positive things also about it. Although having people following your family around like always, seems very hard.'' She said friendly to Noah, she would not lie about the fact that she loved the spotlights. And for Noah it must be easy to get a good job or get nice things. Evelyn got always everything that she wanted and her father could help her with his contacts, but to be the Minister of Magic's son was the highest you could go. When Noah told her he was a Slytherin that didn't change anything, but when he added that he wanted to be in every house but Gryffindor she frowned for a second. Any other girl that tried to impress him right now would have lie about the house perhaps, but Evelyn wasn't that kinda girl. '' Well I'm a Gryffindor, why didn't you want to be in Gryffindor? Do you hate them?'' The blonde couldn't think of a reason why somebody would not be in Gryffindor. It was the most cozy house and a lot of nice people were in there. But she heard some Slytherins that always seemed to hate Gryffindor, those were the two houses that were rivals in the history most of the time.

"It's not really fun seeing people you love critiqued so public. The rumors that are completely false are worse though." Noah admitted, not understanding why the girl thought that the attention was great even if it was negative attention. She was friendly though and seemed nice enough. There was potential here for a new friendship and Noah didn't have so many friends that he would pass up the chance easily. Plus, she seemed honest and straightforward which were admirable traits. "No way! Most of the people in my family are Gryffindors." Noah said with a laugh. The thought of hating people based on houses was disgusting to him. "I asked not to be in Gryffindor because I didn't want my mother to be my head of house. Lyra and Link complained enough about it, and she's just their aunt." he said, shaking his head. He had heard Link, more so than Lyra, complain about it incessantly. Of course, that's because Link was always trying to do things he shouldn't be doing. Noah just didn't want to live in the shadow of his parents forever.

Evelyn heard what Noah said and it made her a bit sad to think like that. She loved to be in the spotlights, but hadn't really thought about the false rumours and for the people you love. If people would write bad about her dad she would be angry too. But if it was about herself she didn't really be happy about it but she was confident about herself so that didn't change anything. But to read negative stuff about Espen or her father would be heartbreaking, so she nodded at Noah. '' I can't imagine how that will be. Are there many rumours about you? That aren't true? '' The blonde asked, she was wondering what they would write and what would be right or wrong. When Noah said that most of his family was in Gryffindor she sighted. When Noah would be hating Gryffindors she wouldnt't really make a good chance with him to become friends. And right now Evelyn really wanted to become friends with him, because he looked good and he seemed friendly, not like the most boys around the school. '' I'm glad!'' she said smiling to Noah about the fact that he didn't hate Gryffindors. '' I must admit.. I hate snakes!'' Evelyn tried to say it seriously, but she started to laugh. '' No just kidding, I really wanted to be sorted into Slytherin at first. My twinbrother is also in Slytherin.'' Evelyn thought about Espen, she was curious if the two of them already had met. But if they do Espen would told her right? He would tell her if he had met the son of the minister!

When Noah said something about his mother Evelyn had to blink with her eyes and thought about what he exactly had said. Kingsley.. Noah.. Ofcourse! Professor Kingsley.. He was the son of the minister but also from Professor Kingsley!! The head of her house from Gryffindor! Evelyn was a bit shocked, she didn't really knew her head of house that good, but this was a suprising thought. She knew that Kingsley was strict, but that didn't really bother her. '' I can understand.. I think it will be difficult for Professor Kingsley.. uh your mother to not look out for you all the time, if you were in Gryffindor. '' When Evelyn heard Lyra that name did ring a bell. '' I think I've met Lyra once.'' The blonde said smiling to Noah. With the Valentine rose delivery she got her rose send by Zara from Lyra.

"Oh yes. Absolutely." Noah said when she asked if people wrote untrue things about his family. His parents kept him sheltered from as much as they could when he was younger. Lyra had always discouraged him from even looking at the Prophet. Noah looked at Evelyn in surprise as she said she had wanted to be in Slytherin with her twin. "You have a twin? That's pretty cool. We must share a dorm." Noah said with a grin. He liked Evelyn. She was funny and nice, and Noah thought they could be friends.

The Slytherin boy nodded his head. He understood it couldn't be an easy job for his mother to be in charge of her family at school, which is exactly why Noah had thought they needed some space. Noah's interest peaked when she said she had met Lyra before. "You did? Tiny, annoying, and bossy?" he asked, giving Lyra's most defining characteristics with a laugh. "That must have been her." he said, grinning. He loved his cousin but it didn't make her any less annoying to him.

Evelyn was a bit suprised by the things she discovered. She didn't really expected to meet somebody here and now and especially not somebody who told her he is the son of the minister and of Professor Kingsley! Evelyn didn't knew Kingsley so well, but what she did know and heard from Lucas that she was very strict. A frown appeared on Evelyn her face when Noah said there were many rumours about him and his family that weren't true. That must be difficult to handle, and first Evelyn thought that all that attention and rumours that weren't true, weren't so bad because you would be known by a lot of people. But she couldn't stand the thought of untrue things, she hated fake people and lies. '' That is terrible! I hate lies.'' she responded at Noah. She was wondering how Noah would deal with those things. '' What does your parents say about this, how you should handle things like this?'' Evelyn was curious about this subject, because it was her dream to become famous and she could get involved with this things too.

The blonde had to laugh about what Noah said about his cousin. It made her think about Espen and her, they were teasing eachother all the time too. '' Yes Espen Manning, but he is not very social like me.'' the blonde said with a smile. That wasn't exactly a lie, because she was and it was kinda a different world, because Espen was more social before they went to Hogwarts. But all the impressions and pressure made Espen different. But Evelyn knew that her brother was kind and good for her at least. '' I've got a rose from her last year with Valentine. Not from her but delivered by her. And now you say it, those things you say sound familliar.'' Evelyn laughed along with Noah. Lyra seemed nice and just a friendly older student in fact. '' Do you have many girls that follow you, because you are the son of the minister?'' Evelyn was not shy to ask those things, she asked what she wanted and sometimes people didn't liked it when she was so direct and open but Evelyn just thought it was normal.

Noah shrugged his shoulders. "Well truthfully, my parents try to keep it out of the house. They say it's best to just ignore it all and never even look at the articles." he told Evelyn. "Link says it's better to know what people are saying even if it's lies. He doesn't let anything like that bother him though." he said, knowing Link was different than most people. He never cared what others thought of him. Maybe that's why he got in so much trouble.

Noah chuckled as Evelyn explained how she met Lyra. As much as he joked about his cousin, he really did love her. His face twisted into an expression of horror at the next question Evelyn asked him. "Oh god. I certainly hope not." he said immediately. He would hate to think someone only wanted to be his friend or be with him because his father was the Minister. "I haven't noticed it if that is the case." he said honestly.

Evelyn could be a great listener. And that was what she did when Noah told her about how to deal with the rumours. After he mentioned a person named Link, she didn't knew who he was. '' Is Link the brother of Lyra? I never have seen him again, I guess.'' Evelyn saw a lot of faces and she was better at remember faces than names. The people that got her interest, someone like Noah were easier to remember. The blonde was curious how Kingsley would be as a mother, his father would be very busy she thought. When Noah responded at her question she had to laugh about his reaction. '' I have to say, the fact that you are the Minister's son interested me for sure. But you also seem like a very nice guy. I would love to get to know you better.'' Evelyn wanted to be honest to Noah, she wouldn't lie to the fact that he being the Ministers son was very interesting for her, but next to that he seemed like a amazing friend and somebody with who you could have fun and talk to. '' I am suprised, I thought you had many girls that saw you as a celebrity.'' Evelyn said with a smile. Perhaps she was the first girl that spoke to Noah, the first stranger for Noah. But that couldn't be possible right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back