Yes, You Have To

Carlotta Raven

OOC First Name
Tenilee!
Sexual Orientation
Heteroflexible
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2 Inch Unyielding Beech Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Carlotta had inherited the paper from Ellington and had promised to keep it up and running after her graduation, and felt that she was doing a fine job so far. It hadn't fallen to pieces yet, at least. The Hufflepuff had a substantial workload with homework, Quidditch and Prefect duties, and now with editing a magazine, there was just that little bit more to focus on. She had been entrusted with the running of Hogwarts Monthly, however, and so did everything to keep her head above water. This essentially meant relying on her fellow writers, and as Riven wasn't able to cover her part of the next issue, the Hufflepuff began looking for someone to cover for her.

Lennon's last article had been rather good, she felt, and so he was naturally her first choice. He seemed like a good kid, and so Carlotta was confident that he could do a good job. She had shortened the possible list of potential interviewees to a handful that he could pick from, with the Quidditch captains being right at the top and circled with stars - Quidditch was always a huge part of school life, and so she felt it important to reflect this in the Hogwarts Monthly.

Carlotta twirled her hair at her desk and flicked through past articles to see what had been done already when she looked up and found the young Ravenclaw intern. She smiled at him and gave a wave for him to approach and had the information he would need already prepared, but didn't offer it just yet. "Hey Lennon! I'm just wondering how you're going, and whether you'd like to do something for me? Could end in a promotion!"

Lennon felt like he was really starting to get the hang of his life at Hogwarts. He had had an epiphany over the break on what exactly he wanted to do with his life so he was finally starting to feel like he had a goal to work toward. His classes this year reflected what he wanted to focus on and he wanted to keep interning for the Hogwarts Monthly to aid his future career. The Ravenclaw boy had been hanging out in the newsroom, he found he worked best under the right environment, and was just finishing up. Once he had all his things gathered, he was about to head out when he heard someone call his name. He turned around to see it was the editor of the paper and smiled. He didn't even have to ask what she needed help with before she was already offering him a promotion in exchange for something which made him chuckle. "Sure, what's up?" he replied easily, eager to see what work she had for him to do. He had rather enjoyed seeing his name in the byline the last time he had something in the newspaper, and for some reason it had made Aminia rather proud? of him, so he was keen to impress the Veela girl again. And of course to get more writing experience, that too.

Carlotta gave him a friendly smile, and gathered the papers together of prospective ideas. Realistically, Lennon could pick from any of the Quidditch captains, but she had her eyes on one in particular, as she knew that he was quite new, and probably had a lot to say about the sport. "Okay, so I was hoping you would be able to cover for Riven, and interview a student," she explained, before placing the sheet of suggested questions and candidates in front of him to look at. "This is your first time, so I have a few questions written down that you can ask. But if you think of your own, totally go for it. I was hoping the Hufflepuff captain, Reuben, could be our focus. Do you mind interviewing him?" Sure, it was worded as a question, but the Hufflepuff prefect really wasn't taking no as an answer, and she smiled at the young Ravenclaw.

Lennon was eager to get more writing experience and nodded his head when Carlotta mentioned Riven. He knew what section of the newspaper Riven covered so he knew he could get the assignment done. He was halfway to say yes when he stopped short at the word 'captain.' "Wait, Hufflepuff captain...as in Quidditch?" he asked hesitantly. Lennon ruffled his hair and said, "Can I - Isn't there - Don't you think the Quidditch thing is a little played out in the paper?" It had taken him a moment to figure out how he should phrase his question. "I mean no disrespect!" he added quickly. He still wanted a shot at getting published in the paper so he tried to offer an alternative. "Why don't I interview someone different...like, uh...the president of the Wild Patch Club, he's a little crazy, and it would make for a good story!" Lennon said, though judging by how popular the sport was, he knew it was probably futile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back