Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Norton)
Wand
Knotted 14 1/2 Inch Whippy Dogwood Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
April's costume hadn't been a lot of work, but she was having fun with it. After she spent some time admiring the decorations and the wonderful activities they could do, she decided to have some fun. She closed her eyes and held her hands out in front of her, walking around blindly like a sleepwalker from a movie. She was fairly sure it wasn't accurate, not like a real person sleepwalking. She felt her outstretched hand bump into someone, and decided to keep her eyes closed. She faked a loud snore, wondering how whoever it was would react. It was funny to play around a little on Halloween, she just hoped whoever she had bumped into had a sense of humor.

Norton hadn't put a whole lot of effort in to his costume, he had found a great leather jacket which he had been able to add some badges to and a pair of aviator glasses, and he looked just like all of those pilots from the ridiculously old movies that they'd sometimes watched with his mother. He felt fancier than he'd ever felt before and he'd felt like he'd dressed nicer than ever before. Certainly the teen was just happy about the fact that he was finally able to wear all of it. He'd not exactly planned much to do with the costume, but he was proud enough of it that he was excited about the whole event, bouncing around the place and looking between all of the other costumes that were around. So many amazing costume but he thought his was cool. Norton had never really been cool, he liked being who he was, but halloween was all about being something . or someone else and this was perfect. It was as he grabbed candy and stuffed them haphazardly into his jacket pocket that he spotted April, who was dressed in a way comfier outfit. In fact though he like his costume, wearing what looked like pjs to the halloween feast was an absolutely stellar idea. He walked over to her and grinned, "April, that costume is amazing! I wish I'd done that!" he had the sunglasses on his head, and he maybe looked fancier, but his expression, tone and how he held himself was the regular Norton.

As April head someone approach, she cracked one eye open and noticed she wasn't actually touching a person with her outstretched hands, but had instead brushed her hand against one of the floating candles covered in a pumpkin. She then turned to the person who had approached her with a smile, happy to actually have someone to talk to. But as she looked at Norton, her smile faltered slightly. He looked... different. Very different. Normally, Norton was her friend and partner in anything goofy, but he didn't look goofy at all tonight. He looked, well, cool. And kind of grown up. And she suddenly felt very silly standing here in her pajamas. Though Norton didn't seem to agree, as he complimented her on her costume. She smiled quickly and shrugged. "Thanks! It was easy. What are you supposed to be?" She asked, looking him over critically. "Are you supposed to be... a model or something?"

Norton smiled, it did seem like it was easy but it was also effortless. It was so effortless and fun. He had gone for a different sort of outfit than he usually went for, he liked being dorky stuff for halloween, but this occasion he'd decided on something else. Norton felt cool in this outfit and he definitely didn't feel cool all that often at all. He grinned happily at her and held up the sunglasses to her, "I'm a pilot!" Norton told her excitedly, clearly pleased with his costume. he didn't think it was a model sort of outfit nor did he think anyone would believe for a second that could be him, "A model though," he laughed lightly, "I don't think I could pull it off," the boy paused and gave a blue steel look at April for a moment before relaxing his face and breaking back into a smile, "But I wish I'd come in my pjs too! That looks so much more comfortable than this outfit," he liked what he was wearing, liked how it made him feel no matter how he really was, and that was the point of this celebration, to take the occasion to be someone he wasn't normally.

April looked at Norton skeptically, feeling a strange mixture of emotions she really wasn't that happy with. When he said he was a pilot, she silently cursed herself for guessing something like a model. But there was something about him that looked like he was trying to be handsome. When he said he probably couldn't pull it off, April decided to make sure he didn't think she thought he looked too nice. "You're right, probably not." She teased, though her own amusement faltered at the serious look Norton gave her. It made him look different. April let out a small huff, then stole his glasses and put them on herself. "How do I look?" She asked, striking a silly pose. Then she grinned and lowered them so she could look over them. "Not everyone has my genius for Halloween costumes, don't feel bad." It felt nicer to tease Norton than to linger on his stupid costume. "So, what do you wanna do?" She was happy to spend time with Norton at the feast, and didn't even consider he might want to hang out with someone else. The boy was one of her best friends, which was why she shouldn't be thinking weird things about how nice he looked tonight.

Norton smiled easily at April, and watched as she took the glasses and made a silly pose, ”So much better than me!” the boy told her, ”You look effortlessly cool” the teen replied with a smile. Norton did think she looked effortlessly cool. Definitely far cooler than he had looked with the same glasses, and he was trying to look cool. He liked his outfit, but it had been a lot of effort to put together. The teen liked her outfit because it was more casual and just seemed easier. Norton liked it more, he wished he’d thought to do that, no matter how much he was enjoying his own costume. ”We should dance!” Norton began moving towards the dancefloor, he grabbed a few sweets from the nearest table and then continued heading out to the dance floor dancing away as she did so. It was just incredible fun. He loved dancing about with April and why would this occasion be any different. His movement might be a little more physically limited by the costume but that would never stop Norton he was already bouncing around as he made his way to a better spot for them to dance.

April felt her cheeks heat up slightly at Norton's compliment, and was glad blushing wasn't very obvious with her skin tone. She shrugged, grinning. "Of course I do, Norton. I always look effortlessly cool." She said with an air of confidence. She took the sunglasses off and handed them back to her friend. When Norton suggested they should dance, April started to nod before she started to think. She couldn't help it, she loved dancing! Any weird things should just be pushed to the side, dancing was never weird! "Great idea, let's show these people how to party!" She said with a large grin as she followed Norton towards the dance floor. She copied his move of stealing a few sweets, popping one into her mouth before moving onto the dance floor. The rest she stuffed in her pajama pockets, then she twirled and started to move. Dancing was something April loved even more than Quidditch, and being able to do it here with Norton was wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back