Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 9 ½ Inch Rigid Chestnut Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
From the end of the hall, the Headmistress stood waiting for graduates and guests alike to enter and take their appropriate seats. Gone were the long tables that usually resided in the hall, leaving a large empty space for rows upon rows of padded chairs. Gone too, were the usual banners and drapes depicting the four individual houses and their respective colours, replaced now by banners depicting only the Hogwarts insignia on a plain, black background. Today, the seventh years weren't Gryffindors, Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs or Slytherins. They stood together as one, the graduating class of 2051

As everyone settled into their seats, Katherine strode across the stage to take her position at the podium. With a raise of her hand, the murmur and chatter of those present ceased, and she spoke. "Welcome all of you, family and friends, students and staff, to the graduation ceremony of twenty fifty-one. Thank you for joining us in celebrating the long journey of our honoured graduates, and in commending their seven years of growth and dedication at Hogwarts New Zealand. Truly, each and every one of you have been the heart and soul of this school." There was a brief moment of applause, and once that too had died down, Katherine continued. "To the class of twenty fifty-one, remember that your lives are only just beginning. You are all the future of wizardkind, and it is your actions and achievements that will continue to shape the world we live in. With that said, I'd like to call upon our head students, Simon Vanity and Leda Layton to take the podium. Please give them a warm welcome." The Headmistress finished, stepping off to the side to allow the two students to take her place and present their speeches.​

OOCOut of Character:
This thread is for Graduates and Speakers to post in. Guests and Spectators can post in the 'Guest' topic.

It was hard to believe he was finally graduating, his final school event was here. He was graduating. This was an odd feeling in his chest. He hadn’t thought he would be a little sad to leave it but he was actually. He had been looking forward to the next step in his life, but Hogwarts had been his life for the last seven years. Seven years for Simon was a long period of time, it was enough time to become his own person, he had Charlotte at his side and they were so ready to move forward. He was disappointed to not be sitting with her now, but they sat in alphabetical order. He stole a glance towards her and gave a little smile. Simon had decided to invited Noemie and her husband, his mother would’ve liked to be there but she had been busy. He didn’t mind, he would’ve graduated with only Charlotte as the person to cheer him on. But he then stole glance towards her too. He hadn’t spent a lot of time with the man that his sister had married but he seemed pretty alright. At the very least as long as Noemie was happy so was Simon, it helped that he was able to be the head boy, having been a prefect and giving a speech at this where his sister hadn’t managed any of that. He could at least show to her that he was better. As the last few people arrived at the ceremony, the head mistress started.
The head boy looked up towards the front and then the woman gave the stage to both him and Leda. He approached and as they had agreed Simon stepped up first, they had discussed before hand who would speak first and Simon had been quite keen to go first and get it over with as soon as possible. There wasn’t an awful lot he wanted to say, not an awful lot he thought would be worth saying. He cleared his throat, ”Welcome everyone,” the head boy started, ”There isn't a whole lot I want to say. The last seven years have been an amazing experience, Hogwarts is an amazing place. We have all grown so much, and we're about to make the world see how amazing we all are. Mostly I want to use this speech to thank all of our professors who have all helped us achieve this goal. Thank you. To our family, friends and partners who supported us. Thank you. And finally here’s to all of us, class of 2051. Congratulations,” Simon finished, he didn’t want to say anything more so he stepped away and let Leda follow. He had the feeling she had more to say than he had, he had written several different possible things to say, but this had been the shortest and truly for him the best thing for him to say. It was all he had to say.

It was surreal, that Leda was actually graduating with her classmates and they would soon be on the road to the next part of their lives. So much of Leda's own life had changed in the last year, let alone the last seven, and she wasn't sure she was completely ready to be thrown back into a world without Hogwarts. Like everything recently however, it didn't matter if she wasn't ready. She didn't have a choice, instead she would just have to do what she could and make the best judgements she could to ensure that she and her cousin were supported. She smiled to Simon as he took to the stage, listening to his words as her eyes glanced across the faces in the crowd. There were so many memories attached to them that not seeing them everyday would no doubt throw off any sense of familiarly that had been built up over the years. There was only person she wished she could see in the crowd, but Olive was just a memory now, and one that the blonde couldn't focus on if she wanted to get through the next portion of her day. Leda wasn't afraid of speaking to large groups of people at all, although that hadn't meant it had been an easy feat to find the right words she wanted to say in her own speech. She was ultimately a writer, but as she'd discovered it was much easier to take back words on a page than they were once they were out in the open. The Head Girl glanced back to Simon, clapping when he finished his speech. It was easy to see why he was Head Boy. The Ravenclaw was a natural leader, people looked up to him. Leda on the other hand had never expected to receive the title, she was outspoken and said things that people didn't necessary want to hear, and she had had more difficulties with upsetting people in her life that she could recall to count.
"Thank you Simon," she smiled to the Head Boy with a nod when he was finished, glad that she'd had the chance to work this role with him. She'd ended up finding another friend she otherwise may never have known. She turned to face the sea of students, taking a deep breath as thought about her starting words. Leda hated secrets. "When I first got this badge in the post, I thought I'd won. I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought it made me a better person than others." Leda thought that some people may have thought she was referring about them, but in truth it was her sister that had received the brunt of her arrogance. Olive had been a prefect, but never a head person. It had been the last conversation they'd had, only Leda would have had no way of realising. "Head people are supposed to be humble, selfless, they're meant to look out for everyone and be a role model, aren't they?" she glanced at this point to the Headmistress, still unsure of what exactly she'd seen in the Slytherin enough to give her this role, although she would always be appreciative that she had given her the chance. "Truth is, I'm not any of those things," a small smile appeared on her face, "I'm sure I don't need to remind you of why that's the case, that's a story for another time." The list was endless really, although there was no doubt it could make for some entertainment if anyone found themselves bored during the feast. The blonde turned back to look across the crowd, catching sight of her partner in crime and looking away quickly before she got off topic, "I found out pretty quickly though, I was wrong. Not just that, but I've been wrong for a while. I was never better than anyone else. Really I've found that, if it wasn't for all you guys, I wouldn't have to able to do this at all. I've spoken to people this year that have given me second chances, an opportunity to right wrongs and I am so grateful." Leda did have a point she was trying to make, and while she was thankful for those she'd spent time with this year especially, it wasn't the only thing she wanted to say. "I suppose what I'm trying to get at, pretty poorly, is that as we move into the next step in our lives, whether that's post graduation, or if you're about to go into your next year, is that you shouldn't underestimate the people you have beside you. I did, and now I don't have the chance to fix that anymore." Unless someone was living under a rock, they would know what Leda was referring to. "I don't care what petty argument you're fighting over, I don't care if you have some stupid grudge that has stopped you being friends with someone for years, ruining a perfectly good friendship," she said the latter while glancing at a Gryffindor, "I don't care what badge you have attached to your robes, there is nothing more important than your time and you do not want to find yourself in a position where you realise you've been blinded by your own pride, trust me. I'm still not a role model by any means, but I am proud of who I am and what I believe in. Go and do what you need to do, and it's natural to have your disagreements and your competitions, but don't you dare let that interfere with what and who is most important in your lives." Leda swallowed, knowing she would be a hypocrite if she ended up graduating without doing at least one more thing, "That's all," she took a deep breath, nodding to the Headmistress to indicate that she was done with her speech, before her eyes scanned the room once more for someone in particular. Leda didn't wait to be dismissed from the stage, moving to the front and leaping down from it herself and into the crowd. There wasn't any way she was leaving without making up with one of her best friends, someone that she'd managed to fall out with this close to the end of the semester, and approaching the prefect she threw her arms round his shoulders before he could stop her. "Shut up Zennon, I love you." she whispered into his ear. There would be a time and a place for discussing their issues but at the end of the day, Leda was done fighting.

Katherine stood quietly to the side as the two head students gave their speeches, applauding each in turn as they finished and stepped - or jumped down in Leda's case, from the podium to make their way back to their seats and friends. With all said and done, the Headmistress took their place once more to address the hall. "Thank you, Mr Vanity and Miss Layton, for those words. To the class of twenty fifty-one - the future is yours - don't be afraid to leave your mark in the history of wizardkind. I look forward to seeing what each of you bring to the wizarding world. Now, let's move on to why we're all here. When I call your name, come up to the stage to receive your diploma." The woman said, taking a moment to look across the sea of faces in front of her, many for the last time. Her eyes dropped to the parchment she held, and she called up the first of many names.

OOCOut of Character:
It's time Graduates. You can now RP your character coming on stage, getting his or her diploma and then sitting back down until the end of the ceremony.

This was it. The day had finally arrived. Seven years. Seven meaningful, adventurous and memorable years. The Ravenclaw was one among the many graduates of Class 2051. With her was her fiance, @Xavier Mackintosh and @Joshua Toubia on each side. They both listened as the headmistress took the stage followed by Simon and Leda. Both were her friends, the latter she had began to form a friendship during the seventh year party she organized. She looked to the back to see Achim, Armin and Noelle. She still had to introduce the Puff to her brothers but thay could wait. Shortly enough, the headmjstress started calling out names and suddenly, it felt like sorting ceremony all over again. "Alexis Kramer." Squeezing Josh's hand, she stood up after a quick kiss on Xav's cheek and carefully walked up the stage. She received her diploma from the headmistress. "Thank you." She glanced to the audience briefly but with the brightest of smiles and almost with a skip, she went back to her seat and waited for her classmates, best friend and fiance receive theirs.

Liam couldn't believe that it was finally the moment of graduating. It seemed like yesterday that he joined the school. He had put on a nice suit for this occasion and walked into the Great Hall to watch the Headgirl and Headboy and Headmistress speak. Leda and him grown fond of eachother more this last year and Liam felt sad that the game against Beauxbatons was the last one he would play under Slytherin. But it had made him see that he was not a horrible beater. He had actually talent, and a lot! It changed everything and he would try to make an career in the sport perhaps even after all. Just like Therese and Gabriel. It was into the family it seemed. Now his brother also played in Gryffindors. He took a seat and listened as the speeches began. Their lifes were indeed beginning Liam agreed he saw a bright future ahead. But he grown more fond of Hogwarts than he figured it would. He would be the second one of his parents who graduated. After Beaubelle he would. He clapped along with the people as the headpeople went on. The speech from Simon was very short and Liam figured he could do that way better but he clapped since that was what people did. Than he looked at Leda with a big smile. There was a team she irritated him, but he would really miss her. He grown fond of her and saw her in a different way than before. He grinned as Leda thought she was better than others. He clapped loud for Leda and smiled. '' Woooo!'' He than said excited to cheer. Than it was time to go and get his diploma. The end of this seven years. Liam still wanted to talk to Styx about their achievement for the Slytherin Quidditch Team, but hoped the streak would continue without them as captains. When his name was getting called out he stood up with a big smile and walked to the Headmistress. Waving to the crowd for a moment, acting like he was someone very famous. He than took his diploma and shook the hand of the headmistress. '' Thank you.'' He said to the woman with his charming smile and than looked a the crowd. '' Come and watch me play quidditch professionaly, if you want to see an amazing game again.'' He stated and made a bow and and winked to the audience when he stood up again. And walked back again.

It was time, Xavier was about to graduate and after seven years of having been at Hogwarts he was definitely going to miss this place. He was going to miss Sam, and he searched for her face in the audience before giving the headmistress his undivided attention. As both Simon and Leda gave their speeches, Xavier reflected back on the past year specifically. Despite all of the drama and uncertainty that had occurred, he wouldn’t want to change how things were now, or what led to where he was now. He wouldn’t change it for the world. He sent Alexis a wink as she went up to fetch her diploma and smiled warmly at her when she sat back down, taking her hand and giving it a light squeeze. It was his turn almost right after hers and he went up, politely thanking Professor Alicastell and paused briefly to make eye contact with his older sister, who was now married and had a family of her own, before he went to sit back down. It seemed that they were all growing up too fast, but Xavier just had to take it one day at a time.

Athena almost couldn’t believe that she was graduating. She had enjoyed her seven years at Hogwarts, there had been some ups and downs but that was normal, all part of growing up. She glanced sideways at her brother as they took their seats and waited for the ceremony to begin, feeling a little sad that she was leaving school. She was looking forward to her future and the next chapter of her life, but she had no idea what she wanted to do. Well, she knew, but she didn’t know how to get started. She supposed the planning part of her life could wait another day or two. When she spotted Grayson she sent him a warm smile, before she focused on what was happening at the front of the room. Professor Alicastell spoke, and then it was Simon and Leda’s turn to speak, Athena smiled lightly when they both gave their speeches, clapping loudly for her roommate. She definitely had a way with words and Athena wasn’t surprised she had been picked for a head position, even though Leda seemed to be unaware as to the reasons for being picked. She rolled her eyes playfully when Liam went up to get his diploma, of course he would say that. It felt like ages before her turn came, and Athena went up to the stage upon hearing her name and gave both the headmistress and the audience her best smile, pausing for a moment, before she went to take her seat.

Simon had listened along with Leda’s speech, she had said a lot more than he had and certainly she had said more than he had thought she might, but it was clear where Simon had very little he wanted to say, she had a whole host of things she wanted to say. He would’ve liked to have known she would say as much, he was thinking now that perhaps his speech would’ve been better suited to after, but it didn’t matter, what’s said and done is said and done. He returned to his seat as the head mistress took back over of the graduation. The head boy had a feeling they were suddenly first years again, waiting nervously to get sorted, though their class was a little different than then. He knew much like then that he would be one of the last to cross the stage, but he didn’t mind that at all. He watched with a little pride as his class mates crossed the stage. He didn’t feel the same amount of pride for each of them, remembering still how annoying or frustrated he had been by some over the years, but he still applauded for each, cheered loudly for his friends and even louder for his girlfriend. Eventually though his name was called out. He stepped on to the stage a second time that day and likely the last time he would ever, cross and got his diploma. He thanked the headmistress in a sincere manner, as he shook her head and then finished crossing the stage. It felt weird to have done that, but with graduation over, not too long after he’d sat back down all he had was his entire future in front of him, and boy was he ready to grab at it with both hands.

The great hall was crowded, which Theodore never liked. He focused on the people near him, Edmund and Zoe. He was glad he would be graduating together with both his brother and his girlfriend by his side. He sat quietly and waited for the ceremony to begin. Professor Alicastell gave some sappy speech, but Theodore didn't think she meant a word of it. She had never seemed like she really cared about the students, at least to him. The boy couldn't help rolling his eyes when Simon Vanity took the stage. He had never liked his roommate, and thought his speech was very generic and boring. Then it was Leda Layton's turn, and she kept going. And going. And going. Mostly about herself, as if anyone cared. Everyone remembered how annoying she had been, and he didn't really understand why she was reminding everyone of it. Her entire speech was basically about herself, or at least that was how it seemed to him. He pointedly didn't clap for either of the speeches, they had both been horrible in his opinion. After this, it was time for them to get their diploma's. Theodore glanced at Edmund, wondering if he was also remembering their sorting. When Theodore's name was called, he stepped forward quietly to accept his diploma. He returned to his seat without a word, though there was a slight hint of a smile on his face. He'd done it, and he couldn't deny being a little proud.

Leda was still hugging @Zennon Baros tightly when most of the Great Hall followed the Headmistresses footsteps in applauding them. She pulled away from the Slytherin for a moment, straightening herself out and flattening her dress with a sigh. "I should probably go and get that," she pointed over her shoulder to those that were recieving their diplomas, although it suddenly became very real that this would mean she really was leaving, and leaving behind students like Zennon. The Head Girl excused herself when her name was called, jumping back up onto the stage to recieve the piece of paper that signalled her departure. This really was it. She was finished here. Olive would have done this once too and she could only imagine what she would be saying if she was still here. She thanked the Headmistresses, both for her diploma and chance to prove herself as Head Girl, before heading back into the crowd. She may not have had Olive anymore, but she still had Wendall. And Mervyn, Zennon and Lysander. And the blonde went to go and find her friends.

Fleur's heart was beating fast in her chest, even if she didn't really understand why. She wasn't nervous, exactly, and not excited either. It was somewhere in between. Fleur glanced at her siblings, who were all sitting together. She was sad and nervous about leaving them behind, she could admit that to herself. Lars would be the oldest now, but he hadn't had a great year. She hoped he could look out for the twins in his own way. Professor Alicastell gave a short speech, but soon made space for the head boy. Fleur had never been very close to Simon, but appreciated his speech regardless. She clapped for him, then listened to Leda's speech that came next. She spoke a lot more from personal experience, and while Fleur wasn't particularly close to her either, she knew she had gone through a lot over the past year. She thought the girl's speech was moving, and clapped a little louder for her. Then it was time for the seventh years to get their diploma's from the headmistress. Fleur waited until her name was called, then she headed up on the stage to accept her diploma. She beamed and held it into the air for a moment, grinning. Then she headed back to her seat.

Graduation was a very surreal experience for Mhairi, who had used her time at Hogwarts to prove to herself than she was more capable that she'd ever realised. She had to give herself credit where it was due, and despite the challenges she had faced she was glad she felt more confident in herself and her abilities. She smiled to her mum and brother who was sat in the audience, and waited with her twin sister to receive her diploma from the professor up on stage. She hadn't meant to grow apart from Zhaklina over the years, but it had been important for her to learn to stand on her own two feet and she had to hope the Slytherin would understand that. She'd spoken to her twin more this year than other so perhaps they would become closer as they were before they'd joined, and despite Lina moving on to other things once they'd graduated, Mhairi knew they were both following their dreams. She thanked the professor after her name was called, before returning to take a seat next to her brother who seemed to be displaying the anxiety they were all feeling inside.

Shane hadn’t thought he’d ever get to a graduation, mostly he’d always thought he’d drop out before then, but here he found himself, sitting for his own graduation. His aunt and uncle had offered to come and see him graduate, but his cousin and young sister wouldn’t have been able to come and he didn’t want them to go out of their way for him. So, he found himself, exactly how he wanted to be, alone and ready to just leave this all behind. He had liked hogwarts, he knew that had he remained at his old school he would’ve quit before the newts, the insufferable lot. Shane had only really pushed for Hogwarts because he’d known he’d have a much easier time of it here, and in reality it had been true. He hadn’t quite made the life long friends that his aunt and uncle had always claimed he would find when it had become clear that Shane wasn’t particularly popular. Certainly he had made friends, but no one he thought would be particularly happy to see him in a few years. He was looking forward to leaving Hogwarts, he was thinking about going to muggle university, not sure why he would engage in more education but certain looking to just spend a few years messing around. Decide later what he wanted to do with his life. He certainly didn’t yet know what he wanted to do besides party and just have fun and get a dog.
Shane watched as the students around him, people he’d come to know were a little more excited than him, they were glancing at each other and behind to the family and friends who were at this. Shane kept his gaze forward and just on the area at the front. Where the head people would give their speeches. Shane didn’t let himself think of his parents and what they’d think of all this. He wasn’t about to let his mood, his soon freedom be ruin by him thinking about them. He looked round to some of the other students, a distraction but it didn’t help much. What did help was the headmistress getting started on the graduation and the proceedings of graduation. The Hufflepuff listened as she spoke, then the head boy spoke, and then the head girl. While he’d found both boring, he wouldn’t say why he’d found them boring for different reasons. The good thing was that once they were done, and they moved on to the next part, he knew he wouldn’t have to spend much more time paying attention. The surname his parents gave him had one good thing. He stepped across the stage as the headmistress called his name. He took it with a forced smile and a forced thanks. He was happy to just take his seat once more and watch for others. He let himself applaud loudly for some of the people he’d come to like, people he would maybe miss a little. With everyone crossed the stage, he felt a great sense of relief. It was all done.

Lina was probably more excited to be leaving than most other people here by the looks of it. She knew magic wasn't for her, and while she was glad that she had it under control to the point she felt confident, she was still looking forward to actually entering the next part of her life that would be of more benefit to the Slytherin. She was with her mum and brother as the speeches were taking place, and pulled her sister up towards the stage as the diplomas started to be given out. When the time came for them to receive it, she watched the Hufflepuff go first, before her own name was called second. This was the sign that she was finally free of this place. Zhaklina hadn't completed hated the school or what she'd done, only that she felt it was limiting her and where her skills really did lie. She took her diploma with a smile, thanking the professor, before joining the rest of her family, excited to see what would come next.

The day arrived like a creeper, because it crept up on him even though Joshua had been counting down the weeks when this will all end. All of a sudden it was here and the emotions going through him were indescribable. From proud to relief, to sad and everything in between. He felt it all. Thankfully, Alexis was nearby and Jenna. Tia Clara right next to Jenna, dressed out of her fringed skirts and shawls. She actually wore something a bit more conservative, it was so unlike her. This day must mean something to her if she was willing to dress normal for him? That was nice. What wasn't so nice is having to sit near Xavier. They weren't still on good terms, however, with Alexis in between them and it being the most important time of their lives Joshua could put aside his differences with the Hufflepuff. Besides, he turn his attention to the head boy and girl, both gave their speeches. They were touching, mostly Leda's. Joshua clapped for his friends and whatever he had shared with Leda was a discreet moment. Leaving it that, Joshua wasn't expecting anything to blossom from it. He was just content in being there for her, and it's not like he could forget someone else that was on his mind. Joshua stood up to collect his diploma, glancing over the crowd of guests. He laughs, waving over at Noelle, Jenna and Tia Clara. She wasn't here, no Yvette. He didn't have time to keep looking. He thanked the headmistress and return to his seat with his diploma. If she came, she came. If not, there was nothing he could: If she doesn't come it was never meant to be. All he could do was smile and celebrate with the rest of his classmates. They've done, he's done it. For the moment, that's all that mattered.

Patrick couldn't believe that all of this was just about to be all over. His exams had been hard, but he hoped he had done enough. He knew where he wanted the rest of his life to take him but wasn't sure how confident he was that he would get it. However, Hogwarts had taught him to believe in himself a little more and had greatly improved who he was as a person. As he sat down within the Great Hall his eyes lay upon his family, all six of them, who were there to see him receive his diploma. He wished that Winnie could be there in the crowd with them. He hadn't spoken to her much, they had only sent letters back and forth, but he was sure that she would be proud of him too. It all felt so surreal and reminded the teen of the sorting ceremony, which was the first time he had ever entered the Great Hall, and the first time that he even entered the castle. It was also nerve wracking for Patrick, who twiddled with his thumbs as he waited for the ceremony to begin.

As the headmistress spoke, Patrick couldn't help but zone out a little. He thought of where he would be this time next year, how different it would feel to not be in school anymore and to not have the pressure of exams at the end of every school year. It would be odd to not have to study all of the time, unusual to not see familiar faces in the corridor as he made his way to classes, but he had to leave school eventually, and this was only just the start of a new journey for him. After the headmistress spoke, then came the head people. The head girl spoke for a while and Patrick wondered if she would ever stop. When she eventually did, people's names began to be called onto the podium, and Patrick could feel butterflies in his stomach as it went through the alphabet, before finally getting to the letter 'V'. He jumped as they said his name, almost running to the podium as he shakily shook the headmistress' hand and accepted his diploma. Tripping a little as he went back down the stairs, Patrick made his way back to his seat, his face glowing a shade of red as it finally dawned on him that he was out.

After exhausting all of her stress and fear on NEWTs, Zoe felt entirely wrung dry, empty of any emotion left in her. That was, until she actually arrived at her graduation ceremony, and the reality of what was about to happen sunk in. This was it. The end of her time at Hogwarts, for good. Whatever else life had in store for her, she wouldn't be returning here, to this place that had changed her and shaped her in so many ways. It was a terrifying prospect, and the only thing keeping Zoe from breaking down entirely was her siblings. Jason and Harley had both come to watch her graduate, and the thought of seeing them again filled her with hope. Jason had been making his own way in the world for years now, and Harley was doing better than ever since graduating. If they could both make it out there, surely Zoe could too. So she sat tall as she listened to her classmates speeches, glancing occasionally over at Ted to see how he was doing. She felt a little bad, but Simon was the only one of the head people she really knew, and he didn't speak for terribly long. Ted was a bit more interesting, and definitely more comforting. And then began the painfully long process of graduation itself. Zoe's name was so far back in the alphabet that it felt like she was sitting forever, almost losing focus entirely by the time her name was finally called. She jumped to her feet, heart racing as she took the stage, her attention now intensely focused on this moment. This was really it. She was no longer a student at Hogwarts. Hands trembling, she took her diploma and shook the Headmistress's hand quickly before returning to her seat, gripping her diploma tightly. It was really all over.

Graduation. It didn't feel real to Edmund. Seven years of his life, all over at once. He had always expected to be almost deliriously happy today, to finally be free of school and classmates and essays and sharing a dorm. And in all of those ways it was certainly a relief, but Edmund wasn't... happy. Not in the way he had expected to be. In leaving Hogwarts behind, he would be leaving something much more important. Analei. She still had a whole year of school to go, while he would be out in the world trying to make something of himself. They had never been apart before, not like this, and after years together the separation felt almost unthinkable. Fidgeting a little in his seat, Edmund glanced over to see her with the other Prefects, giving a nervous smile. They were going to be okay. They had to be, to get through this. As the speeches finished, Edmund returned his attention to the proceedings, glancing briefly at his brother when his name was finally called. Just like their sorting, Edmund had to be the first to step into the unknown. Though this time there wasn't the fear they would be separated by forces beyond their control, the pressure still terrified Edmund. Where was life going to take them? The future ahead now was much longer than the seven years they had feared at their sorting. But there was nothing to do but accept it, so Edmund took to the stage, accepting his diploma and shaking the Headmistress's hand. After all these years, he was really, truly, finally finished with Hogwarts.

Charlie had spent seven years longing for today, and it had come at last. No more exams to worry about, no more classes to attend, school was finally, finally over for good. After all of the stress and headaches and tears, finally everything Charlie had been through here would be worth it. Becoming an Auror was within sight, and this ceremony was the only thing left in the way. It couldn't be over soon enough. Charlie sat still, only half paying attention to the head people's speeches as they went on. Charlie had never been especially good friends with them - never been especially good friends with any classmates, really, and after today they would all just be blips in the past at last. The sooner, the better. The list of graduates seemed to go on and on and on, and Charlie got more and more antsy as the M-s approached, jumping to standing the second it was finally time. Charlie practically sprinted up to the stage to accept the diploma waiting there, shaking the Headmistress's hand incredibly quickly before returning to the audience. Finally, finally, this was all over. Now life could really begin.

Chante wore a great big smile when she file in with her classmates through the grand double doors standing extraordinary tall from the rest. She wore her long, thick brown hair down her back with a feather dangling from a lock of hair. Underneath her ceremonial robe, Chante was clad in traditional Sioux clothing that women in her tribe used to wear a long, long time ago. Some still did during special ceremonies such as a birthdays, weddings, or graduations like this one. Grandma Iris and her mother arranged it so she was able to wear it for her special day. They meant for when she got married, Chante insist on wearing it today. This way she can show respects for those who came before her. For those who paved the path for to be able to get this far in her life. The small gesture was the least she can do for time being until she found more ways to contribute to the tribe back home. It's not mandatory, she wish to give back when she can.

She found her way to a seat upfront while she waved a greeting to her parents, baby Jax, aunty, uncle and baby Ivy. Chante whispers a quiet thank you to her cousins, Willow and Linden. They assisted on getting her ready this morning. In the late morning when she woke up her stomach was in knots. The Hufflepuff was all happy to be graduating, then these conflicting doubts manifest out of nowhere. Ones she hadn't have to deal with before and this day came, so they came with it. Dismissing them from her thoughts not having the time or place for them, Chante focus in on those speaking. She applauded both head boy and girl, more for Leda catching the vague mention of her cousin. Chante grins, briefly glancing over at the Gryffindor. Then the time came to accept her diploma. Chante climbed up the stage, thanking the headmistress who was much smaller standing near Chante. The Hufflepuff held out her diploma, waving it over to her family. Baby Jax clapped his hands, bouncing on their father's lap. She giggled, and once more join the rest of her classmates, clapping for her peers until the very end of the ceremony.

Last edited:
Charlotte felt a bit emotional she never had thought she would enjoy her time at Hogwarts that much. She came here to follow Matthew in first case and because she read more about this school and it drawn her more than Ilvermorny. But so much had happend over the years. Finding out you had an half sister, who you actually hated and also nice stuff. The most beautiful thing was Simon ofcourse to her. Since the first meeting the boy had her interest, how much she tried to hide it though. But now they were the happiest couple ever and she knew they both would do great things. She found her spot in the great hall and waited patiently for her boyfriend to come forward. He noticed Simon looking at her and she blew a kiss towards him. And listened as the headmistress and than her boyfriend spoke. She clapped loudly. He was short but to the point and than Leda came. Charlotte clapped for the girl, but rolled her eyes shortly on the long story.

When it was time to get her diploma she cheered loud when her boyfriend came. And when it was her turn she threw her hair to the back and walked to the headmistress with a smile. She than looked around in the room searching for Matthew and her father and spotted them. Smiling that they came. But ofcourse they were not sitting together and that made her a bit sad. She hoped that their family would be reunited one day again. Perhaps she could try to fix them. But now it was her moment. She took her diploma and shook the hand of the headmistress. '' Thank you.'' And than she turned around and smiled to the crowd and than took a seat again. Wishing that she and Simon could sit together but they weren't. Also another conversation with her father had to come about her future. She had chosen for a different path than she first thought she would. Charlotte always thought she would follow in her fathers footsteps, especially when Matthew left. But she would be second choice if he had stayed. So she wanted more power for her own, making a good name at the Ministry and making an amazing future with Simon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back