Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 9 ½ Inch Rigid Chestnut Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
The Sorting Ceremony drew to a close in an eruption of claps and cheers resounding throughout the Great Hall, as the last remaining first year made their way to their new house table. Katherine joined in on the final applause. The Sorting Hat had done its job well, as always. While not every student may have agreed with their house placement - and as with every year some did indeed some looked shocked or disappointed by the decision - they'd soon learn that they were put into their house for the qualities they possessed, whether they were aware of them yet or not. Their traits weren't always so obvious at first, Katherine herself was at times surprised by where the hat placed some of the students, but as time went on and the children developed, their house attributes became more recognizable. The Headmistress was confident they'd come to understand that. This year, she had been particularly interested to see her own grandchildren join the student body, after what seemed like an age. The woman had almost not recognised them, due to how much they'd grown since her last visit. It saddened her that her own son disallowed her the opportunity to be involved in their lives, even after all of these years, but it warmed her heart to see them now, and to know she could now be there to watch them continue to grow.

Removing the patchy enchanted hat and the stool it now sat on, Katherine levitated both to the left of the stage and returned to her place behind the podium, raising her hands to command silence. A hush fell over the hall and Katherine began to move on, her voice magically amplified with a Sonorus Charm. "Thank you, students. Now, before we begin, I'd like to introduce myself, and some of the other staff here. I am your Headmistress, Professor Katherine Alicastell, and beside me -" She gestured toward the staff table behind her, where the other professors were seated. "Is your Deputy Headmaster, Professor Montgomery Pendleton. Your Head of House for Hufflepuff is Professor Landon Carter, for Gryffindor, Professor Cyndi Kingsley, Professor Kahurangi Josephs for Ravenclaw and for Slytherin, Professor Kalif Styx." She introduced each of them present as she spoke, ensuring the newly sorted first-years knew who to look for if they needed any assistance. After speaking briefly of key points of interest throughout the school, the hospital wing among them, she moved on to conclude the ceremony. "Another reminder to those old and new that the forest is strictly off-limits to students, and those found wandering through it without supervision will be punished severely. Another announcement I'd like to make is this; The house-elves employed here are members of school staff, not your personal slaves. Some of you with house-elves in the family may think it appropriate to treat them that way. Let me assure you, it is not. Students are welcome to politely request food from the kitchens outside of breakfast, lunch and dinner hours. You are not welcome to demand it, nor are you welcome to help yourselves to the school's food supply without express permission from the elves or another member of staff. I hope I've made myself perfectly clear. With that said, I would like to welcome you all again to another fantastic year at Hogwarts. Stay out of trouble, study hard, and enjoy your time here. Now let the feast begin!" At once, the empty tables were filled with various foods - roast meats, potatoes, salads and pies tirelessly prepared by the house elves working in the kitchens below, and Katherine returned to her seat at the centre of the staff table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back