Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
Straight 9 1/2 Inch Rigid Walnut Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Monty gestured for the next two contestants to mount the stage, taking a moment to refresh them of the rules before allowing them to begin. He wasn't prepared to stand for any naughtiness today, and surely hoped he would not have to intervene the duel. With any luck, it would be a clean, fair fight.

OOCOut of Character:
All right, make sure that you use the spell list for guidance. No board rule breaking is acceptable. Have fun! I have a copy of the code that you should use with every post. Remember, when you are knocked out, unable to shoot anymore spells, you lost. And if you run out of points, you lose.

The duel begins now. If someone doesn't post after 24 hours, they are disqualified.

Code:
[b]Current Points:[/b]
[hr]RP content[hr][b]Action(s) Taken:
Point Changes:
Points Remaining:[/b]

Current Points: 150

Willow made her way to the duelling chamber. she was ready for the duels. she had missed the sign ups for the tournament last year and she was more than ready to make up for it. "Good morning professor she said as she climbed onto the stage and bowed to him and to Kinsey, the Ravenclaw she was opposing.
Once the duel started she raised her wand quickly. "Petrificus Totalus" she said watching the spell fly towards the Ravenclaw girl. readying herself to dodge an incoming spell

Action(s) Taken: cast spell
Point Changes: -5
Points Remaining:

Current Points: 150

Kinsey was doing this primarily so she could meet people outside of the girls in her dorm room and less out of her interest in duelling. She thought it odd that it would be encouraged for students to participate in such things but she was not a spoil sport. So s she and Willow were called she smiled at both the opposition and professor. She had every intention of this being a fair game and hoped this girl would do the same. As a spell was shot she said, "Protego." The protection had worked and then to counterstrike she firmly aimed "Stupefy" at the other girl.
Action(s) Taken: Defence and counterstrike.
Point Changes: -15
Points Remaining:

Current Points:145

Willow watched as Kinsley blocked her spell and returned with a different one. the red light of the stunning spell came towards her. "protago" she said repeating the same spell the girl had cast to defend herself. surely there was a better defensive spell so they wouldn't sound like a parrot. she then raised her wand again and cast the jelly fingers jinx giving her own wand a bit of a spin between her fingers as she watched her spells progress.
Action(s) Taken:cast defensive and offensive spells
Point Changes:-5, -5.
Points Remaining: 135

Current Points: 135

Kinsey was displeased that her spell was protected against and no sooner had she been able to think of a next attack had shebeen hit by the silliest of spells which brought her to drop her wand. She looked down at her hands and groaned. So picking up her wand between her palms while her fingers hung messily she said, "Finite." Once Kinsey's fingers had returned to normal she raised her wand quickly and firmly said, "Reducto."
Action(s) Taken: Hit by spell. Cast spell.
Point Changes: + 10
Points Remaining:

PS. I'm assuming you can counterstrike after being hit with a spell too. Otherwise I can edit. Also Mia defensive spells cost you ten points jsyk. :)

OOCOut of Character:
sorry I saw it as casting a spell not dodging a spell. The other field seem to have-10 for two spells. You are making things hard on yourself
Current Points:135

williw smiled as her spell hit the opponent but that smile cleared as the girl didn’t drop her wand and managed to counter it. The next spell came her way and she dodged it as though dodging a bludger. Now that was a harder spell. If the Ravenclaw kept that up she would have to up the ante. stupify[/b she said quietly as she watched a red jet of light make its way towards Kinsey
Action(s) Taken: spell hit. Dodged spell cast spell.
Point Changes: -20, -10,-5
Points Remaining:

Current Points: 145

Kinsey had practiced hard getting her Reducto up to snuff because she thought it was a very powerful spell but sadly the other girl had dodged it. She had half a mind to do it in quick succession but stupefy was sent her way and rather than casting a protection spell she moved away from the stream of red. If someone off the duelling ground was standing behind her they may have been hit but that was not her problem. Not now. For some reason the only spell that Kinsey could think of that she hadn't used was "Furnunculus" which was likely to be more of a distraction than anything but a distraction could give her every advantage.
Action(s) Taken: Spell cast.
Point Changes: -5
Points Remaining:

Current Points:100

Willow watched as Kinsey dodged the spell she had sent her way. as she watched she tried to think of a good spell to follow it up with. something that would be hard to dodge. she was just tossing up ideas when a light jet started coming towards her "prota.. she said. but it was too late shechad been hit. she felt the discomfort of boils breaking out over her skin, even places where boils had no right to be. maybe this was something like what it felt like to be her parents. then she had an idea as of which spell to cast. she flicked her wand sending the fur growing spell towards the Ravenclaw. sure it wouldn't inhibit her. but if she had too much fur and it blocked er vision it just might give her a seconds advantage.
/
Action(s) Taken: hit by spell, cast spell.
Point Changes: +15, -5
Points Remaining:

(I think Kinsey dodged last go. so by my count of her points should be at 135 before calculating willow getting hit)

Current Points: 145

Kinsey was pleased her spell hit Willow - although she was disgusted at the sight of her too. It looked like almost painful to be so covered in boils. The spell really was hideous of course the other girl wasn't much to look at before but this was almost not fair. She said a quick, "Reducto," without realizing the other girl had sent a spell her way so before Kinsey had a chance to protect herself she was covered in lots of hair. She saw it all growing quickly - she was sure she looked like an old TV character named Uncle Thing or whatever it was. She made a frustrated groan as she tried to get the hair out of her face.
Action(s) Taken: Spell hit. Cast spell. Hit by spell.
Point Changes: -10
Points Remaining:

forgive me if I'm wrong but dodging spells seems to me like using magic to protect yourself not just stepping out of the way? will keep points as is until instructed otherwise considering if I'm wrong I've taken extra points off in previous posts unnecessarily.

How it's currently set up is that all spells are -5 but physically dodging is -10. (The logic being jumping around is more exhausting than casting a spell - but also that defensive magic was generally more difficult to cast i.e. more defensive spells become available as people are in higher year levels).

Current Points:110

Willow smiled as her spell hit the target. and fur started to sprout out of all visible skin. hopefully, that would work in reducing her visibility. unfortunately, smiling did make her own face ache a little so she pulled herself together and focused on taking the girl down. as a spell was fired her way she flicked her wand "protago" she said this time ready enough to get the shield up before the spell hit. she didn't give a moment for the girl to think after her spell missed the target. "Rictusempra she said casting the laughing spell in the hopes that if the girl was laughing too hard she would not be able to cast any other spells.
Action(s) Taken: spell hit, spell (defensive), spell (offensive)
Point Changes: -20 5, 5
Points Remaining:

Current Points: 130 (altered to take into consideration that I removed points unnecessarily and presumably Nick's note.)

Kinsey was annoyed but didn't think that Finite would end this ridiculous hair growth - it seemed like it would need something stronger than this based on the rate she was growing hair from every freaking pore. This duel really had taken an ugly turn. Still she heard Willow start to cast a spell so she said, "Protego" and then cast "Petrificus Totalus" hoping that it would hit Willow even if she could barely see through the hair.
Action(s) Taken: Cast spells.
Points Remaining:

Current Points:80

Willow smiled as the girl kept growing hair. it almost made the boils worth it. but then had to wince as the change in expression made her skin hurt. she watched as her next spell was blocked. the next spell that was headed her way was aimed wide and missed her without her having to move much. "Expelliarmus" she said quietly wondering why she hadn't thought about that charm before. she was actually hoping that the duel would be over soon so that she could head up to the hospital wing and take the cure for boils but she was not going to give up.
Action(s) Taken: dodge, cast spell
Point Changes: -10, -5
Points Remaining:

Current Points: 120

Kinsey cast Protego once more even if she was exhausted and almost ready for this duel to be over. She didn't want to lose in the first round. She moved the growing hair out of her face as best as she could and cast the Jelly brain jinx.
Action(s) Taken: Two spells.
Points Remaining:

Willow was glad when the professor stepped forward and announced her the winner. she put her wand away and stepped forward Good duel" she said as she offered to shake Kinsey's hand if she wanted to though her hand looked rather disgusting. and now she was moving it wasn't particularly comfortable. she then turned to the professor and offered a handshake. "thank you, professor Pendleton. I am sorry I don't know the counter spell for the hair jinx" she said. hoping the professor would be able to counter it. she knew she would have a walk up to the hospital wing. she hoped that not too many people would see her as she was sure that the boils all over her face and rest of her skin would be pretty hideous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back