Would I need a permission slip for this?

Clara Hayes

daddy's girl; infiltrator; devilish
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Curious
Wand
Curved 12 Inch Sturdy Black Walnut Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Clara had seen it, she knew what she had to do. She was already overworked as it was this year and she was only going to get busier as her school career went on, but she was determined to find herself some independence. Knocking quickly on her professor's door, Clara waited to be called into the room and waved slightly at the professor. Now that she was actually standing in front of him, she felt a little bit silly. What if he said no? What is this wasn't something he thought was a good idea? She was sure that her daddy wouldn't mind, but, well, she hadn't actually asked him yet. Mulling the question over in her head repeatedly she thought would help her, but in this moment, it was doing more harm than good. For every answer, there was another question and it was clearly trying to drive her insane. "Sorry to bother you, Sir, but I had a question if that's alright?" Be polite, be respectful, be concise. Surely this was all she needed right?

Aeon was stood by the far right of his office, a sledgehamer held limply in his left hand as he contemplated breaking down a section of the wall and replacing it with a door. After all, Kida's office was just on the other side, and she let herself into his office unannounced so often that they might as well join their offices and save her the walk through the corridor. Before the wizard was able to think too far into the idea, a small knock at the original door to his office drew his attention. Dropping the hammer on the carpeted floor with a muffled thud, he called for whomever it was to enter whilst he seated himself at his desk, pretending to look busy until he realised it was just one of his first years. "It's no bother at all. What would you like to know?" The professor wasn't asked too many questions outside of the classroom, and for whatever reason, most didn't seem to pertain to his subject, so he was curious about what she had to ask. Surely it wasn't about her classwork, she seemed to be doing perfectly well, so far.

The hammer on the floor remained largely unnoticed outside of Clara's peripheral vision as she kept her eyes focused on the professor in front of her. This was no small thing she was asking him after all. People didn't often walk up to their professors and ask to be hired, it wasn't the done thing and yet here she was, bright as day, about to do just that. "I am sure this will be a particularly odd request, as I'm not entirely confident this happens frequently at all, but you never know." She stood up straighter as she folded her hands behind her back. "I'd like to request you hire me to work at the Magical Menagerie!"

The young girl's request was not at all among anything Summers had expected, given that the girl was only eleven. It had been a while since he last had an assistant, and while Clara was too young to be of any major help in the store, she could still be of help nonetheless. "You aren't the first student to ask me, but you're the youngest. Hrm." He leant back in his chair, trying to figure out exactly how useful she could be given her age. The small witch was definitely enthusiastic, he had to give her that. While she was too young to be trusted with transactions and manning the register, there were still plenty of jobs available in caring for the creatures or cleaning up the shop floor. "Okay, sure. I could do with an extra pair of helping hands during the holiday breaks. But, because you're underaged, I'll need you to get permission from a parent of guardian before I can have you working, is that okay?"

Clara waited for the answer to be given and was admittedly a little surprised when he seemed to be okay with the question. Not that she had expected an outright no, but she also hadn't necessarily expected it to be a yes either. So she was the youngest student to ask, but not the first, well, she was the youngest so that made some difference in that she supposed. She would be happy to do any task as well, from cleaning to feeding. She understood that she was still very young and so could not do certain things, but she would be determined to do these things. She nodded when he asked for her to get permission. "Yes, Sir, I can send an owl to my dad right away. I'll bring his response to you when he replies." Clara didn't get excited over a lot of things, but this was something to get atleast a little excited over. "Thank you, Sir."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back