soft boy • animal & photography enthusiast
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Ivy Wand with Boomslang Venom Core
Open after Kadi posts
Ever since he had arrived at the school, Oliver had been to busy being overwhelmed by pretty much everything that hadn't even taken his camera out of his bag once. Not once. There was all this magic around him and the castle was filled and surrounded by beautiful places to photograph, yet the boy hadn't even tried to get some good pictures. Today, however, today that was going to change. Ollie had noticed the cliffs and had decided he'd be able to get some pretty decent shots from up there. Not even knowing that the place was actually off limits to students he had made his way up and had taken out his camera. The youngster took some time walking around and trying to look at everything around him, wondering which place and which angle would give him the prettiest shot.

Poppy loved school. She really and truly did! But she still found herself feeling restlessness and needing to get away. The girls in her dorm were nice but it was always so loud and she wasn't used to being around so many people all of the time.

When she felt this way at home she could simply go for a long walk and follow wherever her feet would take her. Here if she walked too far she ended up somewhere forbidden! She shuffled the pile of books in her arms, she had brought them with her to the cliffs so she could do some studying in the fresh air. Poppy liked the cliffs. It took some effort to get up here but you couldn't find this kind of view anywhere else. And she liked the quiet.

Poppy was just about to get to her favorite spot when she noticed a boy. He was another first year and had short brown hair. He had a camera in his hand and took some photos of the view. She tried to wave at him but he didn't even notice her. He was so focused on what he was looking at through the camera, it was like she was invisible. Poppy cleared her throat. "Um, hello!" she said cheerfully. "Lovely day isn't it!"

Oliver had been so busy trying to figure out which spot and angle would get him the best shot that he hadn't even noticed another student coming up to him. The sudden appearance of her voice startled him slightly, and he was lucky to have his camera secured to his wrist, otherwise he might have dropped it. Clusmy as he could be, his mother had practically commanded him to make sure his camera always was secured, and in situation like this the youngster was glad that she had. "Hi!" Ollie smiled as he looked away from his camera and up at the girl. He recognized her from class, so he was sure she was a first year as well, and the boy wasn't one to shy away from a conversation of the possibility of making a new friend. "Pretty nice, yeah." He answered unsure. Ollie loved to talk, but he had never been one to be good at small talk. "Did you.. come here to study?" He asked, nodding towards the books she held. He couldn't imagine coming to the cliffs to study. Sure, it was a nice spot but he'd be too distracted by everything around him to actually get some work done.

Poppy gasped as the boy nearly dropped his camera. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to surprise you!" she said quickly. She would have felt absolutely awful if anything had happened to it. She didn’t know much about cameras but it looked nice and probably expensive. She looked down at her books in her hand when he asked her about studying.

“Oh yeah,” Poppy said with a nervous laugh. “I know it may not be the easiest place to read or study for most people. But I can start to feel really restless when I’m cooped up in the castle too long and this is one of the few places I can actually relax.”

She took a few steps closer to the edge of the cliff and peaked over the edge. “Besides, the view is great. I’d really love to explore it some more though. I’m sure there must be more to these cliffs then what I’ve already found.” She continued with a grin.

“I’m Poppy by the way, I don’t think we’ve properly met.” She said and held out her hand to shake his.

Oliver shook his head and smiled at the girl when she said she didn't want to scare him. "It's okay. My mom told me to always have it secured." He chuckled, nodding at the band than connected his camera to his wrist. "I guess that wasn't a bad idea." He had always teased his mom about how unnecessary it was, but right now he couldn't thank her enough for forcing the idea on him. "I get that, it's nice and quiet here." The youngster nodded when the girl told him this was one of the few places she could relax. The castle was alwyas bustling with students and even the library didn't feel like a great place to study. At least, not to him. He much rather enjoyed spending his time outside and he figured the girl did too. "Doesn't the view distract you from studying though?" Ollie asked, genuinly curious about how she could get any studying done up here when there was so much to see. "I'm Ollie." He smiled as he shook her hand.

Poppy smiled when he pointed to the strap on his camera. “Your mom sounds very smart.” she said before finding her usual spot where two rocks met and made a particularly nice place to lounge. “It’s very nice to meet you Ollie.” She sat down on one side of the rock, making sure there was plenty of room if Ollie wanted to join her. She set her bag down and pulled out one of tattered notebooks.

"Well sometimes it is distracting. But I tend to get distracted anywhere I am." She said with a grin. "I guess I just like to make the distraction worth it. And I don’t only come out here to study. I like to draw too.” She said and opened her notebook to the last page she had been working on, to show to Ollie. “Mostly the different little flowers that I find sprouting out of the rocks, or the view. I like to try and capture things as they are, kind of like a photo! But sometimes I can’t help adding things.” She said a little shyly as she showed him a page that had a strikingly realistic drawing of a dandelion paired with another drawing of the cliffs with a cartoony creature crawling out from behind some rocks.

Poppy felt she was rambling and tried to stop herself. But there was just something about the quietness of the cliffs that made it feel like whatever she said would get taken away with the wind. “And it’s also one of the only places I can feel normal.” Poppy said quietly, feeling almost a little embarrassed. “I’m not really used to magic yet. Sometimes being surrounded by things so unfamiliar can be...hard. Not that it isn’t wonderful, it is!” She added quickly at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back