Daniella Walker

Dani || Unsure Wanderer || Piano and Swimming
OOC First Name
Marga
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
The semester had barely started and Daniella had decided that perhaps it would be time to head to the Library to do some much needed research. It wasn't really urgent if she was really honest, but she supposed she had been wanting to prove herself to her mother by bringing good grades home during her stay in Hogwarts. Of course, that actually meant doing good in classes. And honestly, while she was very much enjoying the subjects, it was also true that some of them needed some work. Like Potions. They would frequently go into class and go straight into the heart of the matter - the potions. They rarely bothered to review or discuss the ingredients - maybe because the professor was assuming that they would discuss the ingredients in Herbology considering that most of the ingredients would probably be covered there. Problem was, Dani was not taking Herbology this semester. And that meant that she actually didn't understand why ingredients were used as they were. Particularly why she had found herself in the Library today, burying herself in a rather large Herbology book and groaning when she yet again came across another term she did not understand. And like any good student, she just dropped her head on the table and wished the semester would end already.

Adorah's safe haven was always a library. She found the sound of pages being flipped, the aroma of dust being released from old books, and the constant pursuit of knowledge by others to be a peaceful experience. This particular day, she was going to study for her Herbology class. It was her first class at Hogwarts, and she had found it so interesting. Who knew there were also magical plants? She wanted to take a look at her notes and make sure she didn't need any extra reading material to feel well-versed in the subject matter.

As she entered the library, she made her way over to a spot she was fond of and noticed a girl sitting at that table. She had laid her head down on her book. "Hello. Are you doing alright?" Adorah asked as she set her bag and Herbology book down on the table across from the girl.

Daniella suddenly shot up in surprise when a student approached and sat across from her. This was definitely new and the Gryffindor definitely wasn't sure on how she was supposed to act with the stranger - other than be polite of course. Although, the girl seemed rather familiar - perhaps they were together in some classes and that'd make the girl in her year. After all, Gryffindors had at least one class with every other house and all the first years were taking Flying together so it was not really that farfetched of an idea. Daniella smiled rather unsurely at the girl and nodded. "Yeah, it's just that this Herbology book got me stuck and I'm starting to wish that we were taking it this term," she said as she tried to once again look at the pages describing Asphodel and it's many uses before once again frowning. The girl once again turned her attention back to the newcomer before holding out her hand in introduction, "Daniella."

Adorah listened as the new girl responded to her about her need for Herbology. Adorah smiled, shook Daniella's hand and said, "I'm Adorah. Which house are you in?" She took a seat across from Adorah and pulled out her own Herbology book and notes. "Ravenclaw is taking Herbology this semester. Can I help you with something specific? It's one of my favorite subjects so far!" This was really true. She would probably rank her current subjects like Astronomy, Herbology, Transfiguration, Potions and then Flying. She smiled at Daniella and hoped she could be of some assistance.

"Gryffindor," Daniella answered with a smile as she watched the girl pull out her own Herbology book and notes while mentioning that Ravenclaw was taking Herbology this semester. Now it made sense why Dani found her familiar and where exactly she knew this girl. Ravenclaw and Gryffindor both had Potions this semester with Professor Pendleton. "We're taking Potions together," she said with much relief that at least the girl would easily understand what she's saying since they're taking a class together. "Well, we discussed Potions ingredients right? And I was thinking of looking through them since we haven't really gotten into detail," she said as she ran a finger through the words on the book hoping that they would make sense now that she was rereading the thing. "I started off with Asphodel but then I got lost when it was saying something about Asphodel Meadows, Persephone," she said pointing at the specific words indicated. "I'm guessing that it's a namesake or something so I didn't particularly mind it then. Then the book starts talking about Draught of Living Dead and Wiggenweld Potion," Dani shrugged. She could remember Professor Pendleton talking about the former potion but not the latter.

Adorah smiled as Daniella talked about her readings. This girl was obviously very smart (or at least tried extra hard - Adorah had yet to meet students outside of Ravenclaw who did a lot of extra reading). After she had finished, Adorah put her hands on the book to pull it towards herself. "Well, you happen to be asking the right person because I'm obsessed with Greek Mythology. Persephone is basically a royal figure in the Underworld, and Asphodel Meadows is like a section of the underworld. The plant is strongly associated with that, which is probably why it's mentioned." She glanced at the next section of the book Daniella was referring to. "As for the potions, I think I remember reading somewhere that the Wiggenweld potion is some sort of antidote... have we talked about that in class?" Adorah enjoyed learning about anything she could get her hands on. She began to turn to asphodel in her herbology book and showed it to Daniella.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back