Happy Farmer | Foodie

OOC First Name
Verity
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Continued from here

It had been quite coincidental, Terrell had met @Hildegard De Valeriane in the kitchens one afternoon. Hilda had been baking a pie to attract ghosts, her plan to find out if the school ghosts ate food or if they were attracted to the smell of food. Terrell being Terrell, had been drawn into the experiment immediately and was happy to help. Now the time had arrived and the two Gryffindors were becoming ghost hunters.

The delicious rhubarb and strawberry pie they made was devoured by the living long before the ghosts could get their silvery hands on it, instead Hilda and Terrell had stockpiled a variety of food from the Great Hall during the evening feast and taken it to the sixth floor. The sixth floor corridor was their chosen location because apparently that was where most of the ghosts were known to dwell. "You ready?" Terrell asked Hilda, "Should we lay out the food somewhere here?" He suggested, he'd never tried to attract ghosts with food before and wasn't sure where to start.

After the meal, Hilda and Terrel venture to the sixth floor, where the boy said the ghosts were most active. They had talked a bit about their plan during dinner but had been busier choosing the best bits of food to bring back to the ghosts. They arrived in a poorly lit corridor, conducive to ghostly walks "Put it in the middle so that they can not miss it" she said before going to hide in a corner of the corridor,and motioned for her friend to join her,"It's going to be fun," she whispered to the boy.

"The middle of the corridor, okay..." Terrell lay the food out on the floor in the middle of the dark hallway. He joined Hilda hiding in the even darker corner when he was finished, "And now we wait to see what happens." He looked around, this was the boring bit where nothing really happened, "You want to play a game while we wait?"

Terrell was right that they had been there for several minutes and the boredom was starting to be felt. "We could play two truths and one lie" she said, adjusting her legs which started to go numb, before starting to speak again "I start, once I bring back magic candies to Muggle children, I already wandering around the castle at night and I have already stolen Galleons from my father. " she looked at her friend to see if he could tell the lie.

Last edited:
"You're a badass!" Terrell exclaimed a little too loudly for someone who was supposed to be quietly waiting for ghosts to drift by. "Okay, okay, well giving muggles wizarding sweets isn't so bad. I'm sure you've gone wandering about the castle at night, and stealing galleons... how many galleons are we talking? I reckon stealing galleons is the lie." Terrell decided.

Hilda laughed when her friend told her that she was badass nobody had called her like that before, but now that would become her favorite adjective to describe herself. "Ding, ding, ding! Correct answer Foley. You know what was the worst thing in the candy history, it was when I had to explain to my parents why my classmate, whom I had invited home, made the noise of an elephant. " said the young girl laughing. "Now it's your turn , impress me" she said with a smirk.

Terrell laughed. "That's funny!" It was Terrell's turn and he had no idea what to say, "Okay two truths and one lie about me." He thought for a moment then slowly started to say three things, "I can’t swim, I was born with a tail that wagged," He giggled, "And I have broken this arm three times." He pointed at his right arm.

Hilda examined her friend's face as he told his three anecdotes".I can totally believe that you broke your arm three times, not knowing how to swim is very plausible too but I doubt that you were born with a tail" finishing his sentence with a little laugh. She glanced down the hall to see if there was any change before turning to Terrel "If the story of the tail is true you will have to explain to me and also on what occasions have you break your arm" she said thinking that nothing was impossible knowing the magic world.

Terrell burst out laughing, "Of course I wasn't born with a tail!" He said, "I broke my arm once falling out of a tree, second time playing sports, and third time, it was still healing from the sports injury and I jumped off a swing and fell, landing on it." He explained, forgetting that they were supposed to be quietly waiting for ghosts to turn up. "And I grew up muggle so no one could heal it with magic, I had to wear a cast. Funny though, the doctor did say that I made the quickest recovery of anyone he'd ever known to break a bone." They said that young children did magic without realising it, perhaps he had magic to thank for his unusually speedy recovery.

"Ow! I never found myself with a cast but it doesn't seem fun, except if there are a lot of people who come to sign it after you" she said, giving Terrell a little nudge .
"But otherwise you never had a problem with muggles, as you grew up most of the time with them?" she said curious, she had hung out with some muggle kids, they weren't that different from wizarding kids but without the magic of course, which could lead to awkward moments.

Last edited:
Terrell nodded, "Yep everyone wants to sign it and they are hard to keep clean." He remembered his casts well enough, he had to work hard to not get them too wet or dirty in the mud.

Terrell shook his head at the next question about muggles, "I never considered the other children as 'muggles' before I came here, they were just normal kids." He had a question for Hilda, "Where did you find Muggle kids to give them sweets? Did you go to a Muggle school?" He had never thought how magical kids were educated before Hogwarts.

Terrell checked the food - it was untouched. "Wanna play another game?" He suggested, "Would you rather change places with a Hogwarts ghost or a house elf?"

"I went to a Muggle school until I was eight years old but after we moved my father would give me lessons at home." She explained to him "But of course it's not like that for all the magical kids ".
Hilda and Terrell looked at the food still present in the corridor and not having been touched., Then her friend proposed to her again game. "I would prefer to swap places with a ghost of course, I would be free to do what I want and to go through the walls, play tricks on the students as much as I help them. "she said, it's true that it seemed fun the only concern was that you had to be dead.
"In your turn, would you prefer to spend a night in the forbidden forest or to send 24h on a room alone with Professor Styx".

Last edited:
"Where did you move from?" It was interesting to hear about the life of a magical child, "And how did you manage to keep your magic a secret? If it had been me going to a muggle school at five years old, I would have been desperate to tell everyone I was a wizard!" Terrell was the sort of person you could tell your biggest secret to and it's safe with him, but when it came to his own secrets, he was awful at not telling people what it was!

"Yeah that'd be funny!" He said about being a ghost, "But you are a ghost forever! The novelty might run out pretty quick?" That wasn't apparent for the Hogwarts poltergeist who had wrecked havoc at the start of year feast. "I'd take the Forbidden Forest thanks! It could be fun!" Terrell answered without a pause, "What would I do with Professor Styx for 24 hours anyway?"

Last edited:
"I come from France and yes it was difficult not to tell my friends but it was to protect my family in case they reacted badly to the news" she explained to the young boy.
When the boy answered his dilemma, Hilda said to him "I said that because I know that some students find him intimidating but personnaly I love his lessons and the forbidden forest looking cool but at night it must be creepy, well the last time I walked around the tower at night and I saw lights coming from the forest "

Last edited:
"I would have slipped up and told people about magic I think." Terrell confessed, he thought about Hilda being from France, he'd never met anyone from there before. "Did you know that saying yes twice in French sounds like wee-wee?" He laughed childishly at his childish observation. If he wasn't mature enough to take on the responsibility of keeping magic a secret then he wasn't mature enough to not giggle at the word wee.

His joke wasn't that funny and he quickly recovered from laughing. He was interested in what Hilda had seen in the forest, "What sort of light?" He was curious if it was a fire or a lantern. "I've heard that loads of creatures live in the forest and it's really dangerous!"

"You're right!" Hilda laughed with Terrel about her childish joke.
"If one day I want to learn French I am always available" she suggested, we never know maybe that would interest him.When her friend asked her what the lights she had seen resembled, she tried to remember well "I think it was lanterns, so it was perhaps students that were wandering in the forest or Professors. Or maybe it was something else "she finished her sentence with a deep voice to accentuate the frightening side of it, before bursting out laughing.

The invitation to learn French interested Terrell, "Yes alright, what are the French words for 'ghosts come out wherever you are!'?" Terrell asked, no one had yet taken interest in their food offerings, but speaking in French could attract a spirit he thought. He listened attentively to her description of seeing something in the forest, it was creepy and mysterious indeed. "Have you been into the forest yourself?" Terrell asked, he wasn't certain what her answer would be.

"So the translation is not going to be literal but it would give, FantΓ΄mes montrez vous oΓΉ que vous soyez!" she said, speaking a little louder at the end of her sentence ,maybe there were ghosts who could speak French.
When the subject of the forbidden forest returned she replied to her friend "No, I would like to but I am afraid of finding myself stuck in a few parts over there or getting caught by one of the teachers but if one day some would like to go tell me "Said the girl to Terrell with a wink.

It impressed young Terrell that Hilda could speak two languages since he only knew English and a little Maori. "How do I sound when I try?" He cleared his throat then started, "Fantomes montrez vous, vousss..." He had forgotten the rest, "So-yeahz?" He smiled, his accent left much to be desired.
Terrell noticed Hilda wink, he shrugged then answered, "Yes okay I'll come with you!"

"OΓΉ que vous soyez"she repeated to the boy,she knew that learning French was difficult, even for French it was difficult sometimes . "You are not doing too bad for a beginner" she said to her friend with a smile of encouragement. When her friend tells her who will agree to come with her to the forest, Hilda was very happy to have someone with whom to make small adventures "Yeah, you're the best Folley!" she said to Terrell, putting her arm over his shoulder and ruffling his hair.

Terrell puffed his chest out proudly, Hilda said that he was not too bad for a beginner. In truth, his French tuition would turn out like Joey learning French in the TV show, Friends. All the guidance in the world and he’d still end up with garbled gibberish. He didn't want to waste Hilda's time, time that could be spent doing fun things like waiting for ghosts in corridors, or wandering into the Forbidden Forest. He smiled when she ruffled his hair, no one had ruffled his hair in weeks, not since before he left home. "Thankssss! I'm glad we bumped into each other in the kitchen!" He glanced at his watch to check the time, "That only happened five hours ago." He checked the time again and showed Hilda, "And look at that, our curfew starts in 10 minutes!"

"Me too Foley" she said with a smile to the young boy when he said that he was happy to have met her. She noticed that the sun was starting to set illuminating the corridor of an orange light "The day passed quickly".
Terrell pointed out to her that their curfew was in ten minutes "Can we stay a little longer?" she asked her friend.

After spending a few days harassing the portraits and sliming corridors, the poltergeist was back to roaming the hallways, looking for something to do. The Hogwarts Ghosts were still as elusive as they had been before his entrapment, which was disappointing as it made it difficult to throw bread at them if they just avoided him entirely.​
Upon floating through the external castle wall into the Sixth Floor Corridor, Vex noticed that food had been lined down the hallway, and whilst he could not see anyone around, he could certainly hear the chattering of students nearby. The non-being was used to eavesdropping whilst invisible, so he floated up and down the corridor until he found two students, obscured in a shadowed space in the corridor. They didn't seem to be saying anything of interest to him, so the poltergeist went back to the food. He couldn't eat it, but he could certainly throw it at the windows, and perhaps douse the students in the range of available liquids.​
Remaining invisible, a small saucer of sauce appear to float into the air, before tilting so that the sauce fell on the floor. The saucer was then thrown in the air, soon joined by three other plates. It seemed that they were being juggled.​

"Yeah course, I wanna see some ghosts before we head back" Terrell replied, checking on the food they had laid out. It was practically untouched but something very odd was developing before them, "Psst - Hilda" He whispered, "Look at this!" He pointed at a floating saucer that tipped out it's content. The saucer and other crockery flew up into the air, moving in one chaotic circle akin to cabins on a strange and invisible ferris wheel. This had to be someone performing magic!

The young Gryffindor stepped out of the shadow they were hiding in to peer down the hallway. He was checking if anyone was performing magic on the crockery. He turned back to Hilda shaking his head, "No one there!"

Hilda was dreaming when her friend told her there was movement in the hallways. Several saucers levitated alone and one of them, filled with soup, splashed part of the corridor. Terrell turned to tell her he saw no one around him, the girl wondered what was going on before she remembered something "Maybe it's a ghost I read in a book that some could be dematerialized and we already saw that at the start of the year during the feast "she explained to the boy whispering, while not taking her eyes off the scene.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back