Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Hawthorn Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Ares was never usually a stress head, but with the curriculum being so different at Hogwarts than it was at Beauxbatons, there was a lot of studying Ares had to do to keep up with everything. Luckily for him however, it was all in English which was a language he was a lot more familiar with. He enjoyed reading, a lot more now that he was at Hogwarts, and so brought all of his textbooks to the student lounge during one of his free periods so he could get stuck into some of his assignments. He spread himself out all over the room, supposing no one in here would disturb him since most people were in classes at that moment. He started by reading his History of Magic textbook, trying to finish an essay that he could barely manage to get started. He admittedly was not the best at this subject, and just wanted to get his assignment done as soon as he could so he didn't have to worry about it anymore.

Jordie knew skipping class was bad. But he couldn't handle his defense against the dark arts curriculum anymore. Not today. And he couldn't handle the distance between him and Ares anymore, either. Jordie had been looking everywhere, just hoping the older boy wasn't in classes.

He had almost given up hope when he finally spotted Ares in the student lounge. Jordies heart twisted painfully and he rushed over, crawling into Ares' lap and burrowing into him. "I'm sorry," he spoke, his voice shaky. "I'm sorry, I- I'll do anything, please, I can't- you're everything to me, I can't stand you hating me anymore, please," Jordie begged softly, clinging to Ares and terrified the other boy would just throw him away. Literally and figuratively.

As someone had entered the room, Ares quickly looked up, feeling butterflies in his stomach as he realised it was Jordie. He hadn't spoken to Jordie in a while, and admittedly Ares had been avoiding him a little as he didn't want to face the reality of the fact that he kissed him. It broke his heart that Jordie most likely didn't feel the same way. However, he couldn't help but feel a little guilty as Jordie curled himself into his lap, tears falling down his face. Ares frowned, wrapping his arms around his friend as he let him cry. "I'm sorry too, Jordie." he said softly. "I never hated you, I promise." Ares felt a lump in his throat. He didn't want to bring up the kiss again and tell Jordie the truth. He didn't think he would be able to talk about it without also crying. "Is everything okay?"

Jordie felt absolutely elated that everything seemed better now. He burrowed closer into Ares. "No. I've really missed you," he admitted softly. "I- I let the teacher use an unforgivable curse on me. I tried to find you," Jordie explained. "We've been covering the curses, I- it's really messed me up," he pressed closer. "I need you," he admitted, the words almost coming across as a plea.

Ares smiled a little as Jordie said he had missed him. Ares had missed him too, but he didn't want to admit it. He didn't want to fall into a potential trap. It wasn't that he didn't trust Jordie, but he just didn't want to get hurt. As Jordie explained that a professor used an unforgivable curse on him, Ares couldn't help but be shocked. They definitely didn't do that at Beauxbatons, and suddenly Ares found something he did not like about this new school. "How could they do that!?" he exclaimed, his face turning a bright shade of red. "Who do they think they are putting fourteen year olds through that pain? You need to say something Jordie, or I will." Ares was serious. He couldn't believe that such a good school was doing such terrible things.

Jordie shook his head, burrowing into Ares. "It was- it's fine," he managed softly. "I volunteered, with a few others. Branson did it too," Jordie sighed. "It- didn't sound so bad, it was the Imperius curse, the one that makes you do what the caster says?" He bit his lip. "The other curses were demonstrated on beetles, but," Jordie shook his head a bit harder and burrowed into Ares, curling up in a ball on the other boys lap.

Ares didn't like how Jordie thought the situation was fine, but he didn't want to go arguing about it if Jordie didn't want him to, so he just kept his mouth shut for now. "As long as you're okay now." he said, giving him a reassuring smile as he ran his fingers absent-mindedly through the boy's hair. He wondered how much one could really learn though whilst they were under such a terrible spell. "Beetles... that's... interesting." Ares said, figuring someone had to eventually take one for the team if that was how the professor was going to teach. "Surely there's a better way to teach it though. What do you think?" He wanted to better understand Jordie and his opinion, hoping perhaps to have an intelligent conversation with him. It would definitely take his mind off other thoughts.

Jordie let out a shaky sigh. "I'm better with you here," He admitted softly, hiding his face in Ares' neck. He considered the boys question, before slowly answering. "I think... it's a little extreme, but... these are extreme spells. I... probably shouldn't have volunteered, but I didn't take any of them very seriously before." He sighed, snuggling closer. "It's... harsh, but, it did make me understand how awful the unforgivable curses really are." Jordie sat up a bit, looking at Ares through messy curls that had grown too long. "What do you think?" He asked softly.

Ares couldn't help but feel butterflies at Jordie's words. He didn't think he meant this much to Jordie, but part of him also thought that if Ares wasn't the first friend Jordie saw, he would probably be saying the same things to someone else. Ares listened to Jordie's opinion, nodding as he understood what he meant. "That makes sense." he said, deciding not to approach the professor anymore. It would be too much effort if it wasn't what Jordie wanted. As Jordie looked up at him with his curls, it took everything in Ares to stop himself from touching them and moving them from his face. He figured that would be too intimate, especially since he didn't even know if Jordie felt the same way. He didn't want things to be awkward. "I think, if you think it's okay, that it's okay. I'm glad you learnt something new." Ares gave him a soft smile, just wanting to stay here with Jordie forever.

Jordie sighed and laid his head on Ares' shoulder. "Hey, if Wes asks, you're helping me study. He wanted to hang out but I needed to see you and I didn't want to tell him I was upset," Jordie requested softly, curling up a bit smaller in Ares' lap. "Let's never fight again, I hate it," he pouted, snuggling closer.

Ares nodded as Jordie asked him to keep it all a secret. "Of course. Thanks for, you know, coming to me." he told him, grateful that he wanted to tell him rather than Weston. He knew Jordie and Weston were close. As Jordie said he didn't want them to fight again, Ares frowned, snuggling in a little closer. "Me too. It was lonely without you. I'm sorry." Ares thought it was up to him to apologise. After all, he was the one avoiding him, even if he didn't want Jordie to know that.

Jordie's heart jumped into his throat and he held onto Ares tightly, shutting his eyes and enjoying the closeness. Being with Ares, Jordie realized he'd never had more than a crush before. Jordie really thought he was falling in love, and while it scared him, it was also the most amazing feeling in the world. He slipped a hand into Ares hair and Jordie sighed softly. "You're the most important person in my life, you know?" Jordie offered gently. "I'm lost when I don't have you," He pulled back to meet Ares eyes, hoping the other boy could see his sincerity.

Ares shuddered a little as Jordie put his hand in Ares's hair. He hadn't expected it, and whilst it was the most amazing feeling in the world, it frustrated him as he still wasn't sure what it all meant. What were the meaning of these words and actions? Did Jordie like him or not? Ares felt like asking him but was admittedly too scared to do so in case it turned into something really awkward. He just sat there, letting Jordie hold him as he held him back. "I feel a little lost without you too. You're a great friend, Jordie, truly." Ares told him sincerely, just wanting to make Jordie feel a little better.

Jordie's heart twisted a little and his smile faltered, but he tried his best to keep a straight face, leaning in to hide his face in Ares' neck again. "Hey, do you want to stretch out on the couch and take a nap?" Jordie offered, thinking it might be nice.

At Jordie's words, Ares quickly nodded. "That definitely sounds like a good idea. I could do with a break from all of this studying." he said, gesturing to the textbooks and pieces of parchment he had spread out on the coffee table in front of them. The boy hadn't slept in a while thinking about Jordie and the kiss that they shared. It was all admittedly getting a little overwhelming, and he was sure he'd sleep better with Jordie in his arms. He shifted, then lay himself on the couch before embracing Jordie and stroking his hair, just happy to have Jordie there with him.

Jordie was thrilled when his plan worked. He snuggled down with Ares, tangling their legs. He pulled the throw blanket off the back of the couch and made a half hearted attempt to cover them before just laying an arm over Ares. Jordie shut his eyes, quickly starting to drift off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back